• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you, will try these methods. If I buy the cash card from singapore, can I use that to pay for both singapore and Malaysia sides or I need to buy another one for malaysia as well.

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went in to JB to survey the eastern part today and here are a two project info that I gathered.

1. Bayu Puteri Marina - located just before Permas Jaya bridge facing Ponderosa golf course. They have terrace (sold out), semi-Ds (1.3mil) and bungalows in future. Also a serviced apartment ($600 - $800K for 947 - 1406 sq ft) with GRR feature, 7% p.a for 5 years + 5 years. The apartment is meant to be rented out so unless you buy from 18 - 22 storey, you cannot stay there. Will rebate of about 5% off selling price.

2. Senibong Villas - Across the road from Senibong Cove but not the same developer. Only got about 104 semi-D units and supposedly 5 mins from a future MB Shopping Mall (like KSL City). Got two type, one 2,900 sq ft and another 3,300, starting at 1.1mil but after discount, rebate etc. about $960K plus another 40K move-in bonus. Prices expected to increase by Wed as they have met the 55% sales quota. Lady also mention that state consent fee is increasing soon but dunno when.

Found another way from Park View to Causeway and took us about about 40 mins with little jam to get back into Singapore. Spoke to sales rep and he told us that within Park View residents are mainly professionals and businessmen. So when I told him I want to buy and rent, he looked rather flabbergasted. Ha ha. But after second visit and scouting the location, we're more convinced that this is the place after comparing other locations and prices.

We may even enjoy the residence so much to consider commuting eventually. I feel like I am becoming half Johorean!! Now need to start scouting for loans.

Not sure the future rental market, and to who? Definitely not for the students. And very very low chance for Singaporeans/SPR commuting daily ... Maybe more and more family will develop their nucleus there and the demand will surge. But right now, have a look at some property websites and see the rental demand there, it's not good at all ... Permas jaya will be a much better option, but $$$$

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Saturday March 10, 2012 MYT 12:39:00 PM
Updated: Saturday March 10, 2012 MYT 1:44:43 PM
PM: RM150mil to expand Pasir Gudang Highway

JOHOR BARU: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced on Saturday a RM150mil allocation to upgrade the Pasir Gudang Highway here.

Najib who delivered the good news at a meeting with local residents in Taman Setia Indah here, said the upgrade would turn the existing four-lane highway into a six-lane highway.

"The project will start with Phase 1 involving the route from the Kankar Tebrau junction to the Plentong junction, a distance of eight kilometres," he said.

Also present were Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman, MCA president Datuk Seri Chua Soi Lek, Puteri Wangsa assemblyman Datuk Abdul Halim Sulaiman and Tebrau assemblyman Datuk Maulizan Bujang.

The prime minister said the project was further proof that the government always listened to the aspirations of the people.

Earlier, on arrival at the house estate, the prime minister did a "cycle-about" together with the residents of various races at its recreational area.

Thereafter, Najib made walkabouts around the shoplots, food court and wet market in Taman Setia Indah to mingle with the people before holding a meeting with members of the local community.

At the gathering, the prime minister announced a RM2.735 million allocation to revive an abandoned housing project consisting of 316 units. The project had been abandoned since 2008.

He also announced a RM2 million allocation to build a mosque for Taman Puteri Wangsa and RM2 million for building an adidtional four-storey classroom block for Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan Cina Foon Yew in Taman Mount Austin in here.

He also presented 5A notices (landowners' titles) to 297 residents of Kampung Baru Ban Foo, Kampung Sungai Penderam and Kampung Pasir Putih.

All the three villages are in the Tebrau parliamentary consituency. - Bernama :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Went in to JB to survey the eastern part today and here are a two project info that I gathered.

We may even enjoy the residence so much to consider commuting eventually. I feel like I am becoming half Johorean!! Now need to start scouting for loans.

Good for you, welcome to the Johore club :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
i saw from earlier posts that bank interest rates are like 2-3%
are those only applicable to new developments, or for resale?

almost all the property websites are using 6% for loan calculator.

Hi Greddy, did you get a quote yet, should be 6% but minus any bank discount for it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thot only one Shell at Bestari area? Some Shell cannot pump becos only have the higher priced VPower petrol, not the 97..

There is another Shell near Perling and also another one near Perling Mall. Nearby Sutera mall, there is also one.
For me, i swear by BHP petrol, works for me so far. Diesel, i use mainly Esso.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Can use credit cards with smart chip.. (at least I tried with Shell & Caltex)

Yes, usable and it works. Folks also tend to think you are local when you use a card. :smile:
For my car kit, i make it a standardized thing so i don't need to depend on others and avoid
tyre/jumpstart or tow services.

Being independant since young has its advantages at times.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Originally Posted by whoami
I thought SW is facing afternoon sun. Bely bely hot leh. Correct me if i am wrong.

Got to agree with u on "resale" units. Of course tere are pros and cons. One pay premium for the unit plus all those legal/agent/ etc etc costs. Been couple of years now. I had missed alot of opportunities in getting a unit.
If u notice land size and its price doesnt match nowadays. Getting smaller but the prices went up. Remind me of those Pigeon resale homes in red dot. But JB houses are different. Its FREEHOLD!

Nowadays whenever I look at following link

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.p...Malaysia/page2

I feel so happy for u guys/gals. But at the same time my heart bleeds.

----------------------------------

So sorry bro whoami, i thought you must have went ahead and did something by now as you are an old forummer, if you need any assistance, just PM me.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it helps, if i need to drive fast, i will do it on the left or middle lanes. I never like to hog the right lane anyway, found that it might have saved me some cash a couple of times. When i am near bridges, i will slow down as well, also my GPS has some known speed cameras spots so i will slow down whenever i am near.

Agreed. Never hog the right lane thinking you are fast. There are faster ones around. Once I was doing nearly 200 yet a huge Lexus came out of nowhere and overtook from my left, and with ease.
Since then I became a good boy. Always a mountain higher than yours.
Stay left unless overtaking.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Greddy, did you get a quote yet, should be 6% but minus any bank discount for it.
No yet, but going in again tomorrow to view a resale and developer unit.
Will ask during then.

Just I was curious why the differences of 3% by forummers and 6% on property websites.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Caltex petrol good? Do you know where is caltex in bukit indah/bestari area?

I use BHP whenever possible but thats me. :smile:

One near Perling:
Perling Star
PTD 30504, Jalan Layang, Taman Perling, 81200 Johor

Just type in Johor. http://www.caltex.com/my/resources/station-finder/

Some quite far away:

BF Petro
Lot 7493, Mukim Pulai, Jalan Emas Putih 5, Taman Sri Skudai 81300 Skudai, Johor

Innovat Sdn Bhd
2, Jalan Pendekar 15, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300 Skudai, Johor

Kee Fatt Service Station Sdn Bhd
GM 679, Lot 1283, Mukim Pulai, Batu 8, Jalan Skudai, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor

Koperasi Kakitangan Lembaga Pelabuhan Johor Berhad
PTD 9035, Kawasan Perindustrian Pelabuhan Johor Berhad, 81700 Pasir Gudang

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No yet, but going in again tomorrow to view a resale and developer unit.
Will ask during then.

Just I was curious why the differences of 3% by forummers and 6% on property websites.

Ok, i am glad for you. Some sites will just state based on the BLR rate while you can get a discount from the banks normally.
Let us know how it goes.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agreed. Never hog the right lane thinking you are fast. There are faster ones around. Once I was doing nearly 200 yet a huge Lexus came out of nowhere and overtook from my left, and with ease.
Since then I became a good boy. Always a mountain higher than yours.
Stay left unless overtaking.

Definitely, always a lot of Myvi's will try to overtake and smaller cars even, i always let them unless someone seriously piss me off.
Even then with wife and kids in car, i will not bother usually.

200 is fast for us family guys, i only do this to test my cars after making performance tweaks or additions and even then on a straight road and with few cars around. Yes always, 200 is not fast enough for some guys. Ever saw someone doing 250 at least, can't remember the make of the car, it was going so fast at night.

Funny incident:
One time, a Kancil was trying to overtake my wife, there was such a loud roar from their engine and i was half expecting the Kancil to shoot pass us. Nothing though, after 10 seconds of heavy revving, it was still way behind us. After 20 seconds and a lot of roaring, my wife was still way ahead (still within legal speed limits)

Back then, my wife put out her hand and waved in a friendly manner to him to stop trying.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Use local credit card so when the attendant is not around, you pump 95 and run.. Must be huai ya!

Yes, i know some folks have been doing it here for a while. Mainly useful for night when no one is around.
Worse thing to save money, buy fake plates and put on your car. Bros, please don't do that, could be quite
serious if one is caught.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
avelc said:
Many thanks.

Just wondering -- does driving below the NSE highway speed limit ensure you will avoid being stopped by Msian police for a fine, or will all S-plate cars always get stopped for a fine?

One thing that cheeses me about driving in Msia is this, and I'm half tempted to fight back and insist I did not speed and threaten to video tape their bribing attempts...

Driving below speed limit for SG cars is safe from traffic police. From my experience, if you're stopped, you can do one of the following to avoid being fined:

1. If you did not speed, Insist that you didn't. Give reasons like youve cruise control set below the speed limit so there's no way you could have gone faster. No need to challenge them for proof of speeding.

2. Tell them to send the notice of fine to your address. If its bogus, Nothing will be sent eventually.

3. Ask them politely to give chance, without bribing.

I've tried 1 and 2 proven to work. I've heard option 3 working although I've never used it personally.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
For e touch n go card , u hv to use once a yr to keep it active. If deactivate u can just go to the office n refund.Never heard of rm10 will be deducted. Today rarely I spent my weekend in sg , just parking fees it's abt 20 bucks at town n east coast park in e evening ! I wish my jb house can complete this yr so that I can really enjoy e shopping n dinnings in shopping centers without paying so much for car parks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.