• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. Unless the JB waterfront city took off and hit a great success, create more biz and traffic, then rental demand will go up.. but this wont be happening soon, not in the next 3 -5 years?
i love this project. but when come to think of within 3-5km nearby this project, u can get mid end apartment at 30-40% cheaper. it make this project not exclusive enough and in fact it sells at almoat future price (my own view only)

juzanee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there. Since your site is commercially motivated, shouldn't it be appropriate for you to pay for the traffic that you harvest from this forum?

Hi, sorry, i'm not trying to advertise my site or anything, just thought others might find it useful cause a few people on the forum have been mentioning that its hard to find info. i'm not making any money off the site. Just hoping that some ads will help cover part of domain and hosting costs. Also if factoring the number of days put into sorting out the info, definitely not making $$. If i'm in it for the money, i wouldn't be doing this.

sorry if you find it inappropriate. if i'm crossing any line, maybe can remove my previous posts regarding the site? :*:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, sorry, i'm not trying to advertise my site or anything, just thought others might find it useful cause a few people on the forum have been mentioning that its hard to find info. i'm not making any money off the site. Just hoping that some ads will help cover part of domain and hosting costs. Also if factoring the number of days put into sorting out the info, definitely not making $$. If i'm in it for the money, i wouldn't be doing this.

sorry if you find it inappropriate. if i'm crossing any line, maybe can remove my previous posts regarding the site? :*:

Hi Juzanee,
I think you have done amazing stuff for this forum. It is certainly not easy. You are a net contributor for sure and we all appreciate it very much, hope it continues. Hope sam can see this as a utility rather than content.

Hi Sam,
There is an opportunity here to cover costs. Print a book of all the pages to commemorate the 1000 page milestone. I know I will buy if priced at SGD10 or so, to show support to you...Agree that somehow your costs should be covered. this forum has been possible only by you & wuqi. I have seen many forums start and then die. Only this survives and thrive.

cheers,

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Juzanee,I think you have done amazing stuff for this forum. It is certainly not easy. You are a net contributor for sure and we all appreciate it very much, hope it continues. Hope sam can see this as a utility rather than content.Hi Sam,There is an opportunity here to cover costs. Print a book of all the pages to commemorate the 1000 page milestone. I know I will buy if priced at SGD10 or so, to show support to you...Agree that somehow your costs should be covered. this forum has been possible only by you & wuqi. I have seen many forums start and then die. Only this survives and thrive.cheers,

Hello Bro Sam Leong,

I agree with Bro Contra. Indeed you have made this Forum possible and together with Bro Wuqi, this thread is very vibrant and informative and kudos both to you and Bro Wuqi. The book is an excellent idea and S$10 is a nice figure and I would get at least 1.:smile: as recompense and a token of appreciation to your effort in giving providing a place for like minded individuals to come together and help.

Sis Juzanee, a little late in my appreciation to your immense effort and community spirit. Thank you.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys... i think there are 2 sides to this... on one hand bro juzanee and teck21 have done well categorising the info for ease of readers' reference but on the other hand there are some "rule #1" in forums. Putting a link to your own site is a definite no-no.

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update: The Green launched two rows, price is lower by 20k from indicative. Perhaps due to the slower sales in other dev.

so 560,800 for the facing north, main road.
+7k for facing south.

Stamp Duty have to pay, Legal Fee free.
50 years membership, monthly maintenance = RM75
Security free for 2 years, after that is tentatively set at RM150 per month
Come with Panic button, NO Intercom system.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update: The Green launched two rows, price is lower by 20k from indicative. Perhaps due to the slower sales in other dev.

+7k for facing south.

bro,..is there anything to see?..i.e. showroom?..

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal

+7k for facing south.

Thanks for the info. Btw, do all units in HH come with a panic button? and for intercom, which are the units comes with intercom system? Bungalow, semi-D, cluster, terrace, condo?

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info. Btw, do all units in HH come with a panic button? and for intercom, which are the units comes with intercom system? Bungalow, semi-D, cluster, terrace, condo?

I know Gateway certainly do not have Panic button, not sure about Golf. The Hills have it.

None of the development in HH has intercom except the condo (According to SA). I know some dev has it which is quite a secure method to keep the resident safe.

Last edited:

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also in the middle of compiling the list of development in Gelang Patah & Nusajaya. Definitely need helps from more bro to populate the list as we go further.

This list should make us easy to navigate around our property/investment.

======
Gelang Patah
------------
Nusa Perdana
Nusa Perintis
Taman Nusantara
Leisure Farm

Nusajaya
---------
East Ledang
Ledang Heights
Puteri Harbour
Medini
Horizon Hills
Nusa Idaman
Nusa Indah
Nusa Sentral
Bukit Indah
Nusa Duta
Nusa Bestari
Bestari Heights

Others
------
Nusa Bayu
Sutera Utama
Setia Eco Garden
Mutiara Rini
======

nicholas1213

Alfrescian
Loyal

+7k for facing south.

That's great news! I was given indicative price between 600k-650k previously and no Panic button.. perhaps different sales person provide different information..

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read this good write up in...

https://horizonhills.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/how-important-is-iskandars-success-to-me/#comments

How important is Iskandar’s success to me?

Posted on January 29, 2012 by Audrey

Hello!

Been getting some feedback that I sound rather negative recently. So, first things first….I don’t regret buying a house at HH and I’d do it all over again if I had to. So, if you are thinking of moving over to JB, I still say…DO IT!

Alright, so then what’s with all these negative comments?

To be honest, my bf and I have been contemplating buying another property recently. With the prices in Singapore softening, increased hype on Iskandar and cheap houses in US and UK because of the euro crisis, we are having quite a hard time deciding where to put our money!

You see, buying a property for own stay is super easy. If you like the place, the price is reasonable and it’s not like the place is likely to turn into a dead town, don’t need to think too much, can just buy it – since you will be living in it, any appreciation or depreciation is relatively meaningless unless you intend to sell the house. At least, that’s how I see it, especially since I hate moving and don’t intend to move once I settle in a place. Paper gains are just cheap thrills in my book lah…though I’m sure some folks will beg to differ. :p

On the other hand, buying a property as an investment only is a different story. There are like so many things to consider…such as yield (gross vs nett), rentability, affordability, potential for growth, dependability of the govt, location, future developments, and the list can go on and on. It gets even harder when resources are limited – how to choose the best option from all the choices you have? >_<

Anyway, since we are contemplating buying another property solely for investment, I’m scrutinizing the Malaysian government plans for Iskandar more closely. Want to buy also must know where and why to buy right?

I know, you must be thinking…why not buy another unit at HH? The short answer is, I prefer to keep my eggs in different baskets. The long answer, well…let’s just save it for a post another day! Lol.

Yeah, so I’ve been looking at the developments in Iskandar for awhile now…and then I realize that hey! It’s all houses…where are the high rise office buildings? And following that question…who will be working in Nusajaya? Where exactly is Educity? Who are the students who enroll there? What are their profiles like, will they rent houses near their schools? How many dorms are there? And what’s the progress of the govt moving to Kota Iskandar? What’s going to happen to JB Sentral when that happens? Is Nusajaya the only “good” place to buy a property now? If I buy a shoplot, what are the chances that it will become an abandoned unit because the taman “died”? How successful is Puteri Habour gonna be? How long is this all going to take? What else is being done to improve accessibility and public transport? How about the MRT? If Najib gets kicked out by next election, what’s the fate of Iskandar going to be like? How likely are prices to remain firm?

And so on and so on…

Yeah, by now you should realize that I can be quite neurotic. Lol.

I mean, who doesn’t like buying property? I love property…if I had the money, I’d buy nearly house that I view! Lol…for me, the reasons not to buy are always not as compelling as the reason to buy. So, I really need to hash out my thoughts critically so I don’t do myself a disservice by buying something over-valued (especially now since the prices have appreciated quite abit).

I hold the belief that it is very easy to enter into/start an investment but it is hard to exit. That being the case, I like knowing the full downside risks before I commit…if I can tahan/accept the max downside, things can only get better right?

Believe me, I had all these crazy questions run through my head before I bought my unit at HH too. However, the questions were slightly different as the reason for buying was also different.

I hope you guys can understand that I am not saying it’s not worth it to invest in Iskandar…conversely, like you, I’m also searching for more and stronger reasons to buy. Having one unit in HH already, the reason for me to buy another house in msia has to be even more compelling than before and I guess that why I am more sensitive to bad news.

So…this “negativity” has nothing to do with my original decision to move to JB and I do apologise if I confused you!

On a side note, I have been busy checking out furniture and will be sharing more on my buying exploits in my coming posts soon so stay posted! :p

Til then, good luck for your property purchases and good night!

juzanee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys... i think there are 2 sides to this... on one hand bro juzanee and teck21 have done well categorising the info for ease of readers' reference but on the other hand there are some "rule #1" in forums. Putting a link to your own site is a definite no-no.

Eeks! Sorry I'm a nOOb at forums. Didn't know there was such a rule! Will stop doing that from now on. Is there a post on forum rules somewhere by any chance that I could read up on?

juzanee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Transport and Border Crossing
23 January 2012
Category: Marlborough Malaysia

Marlborough College Malaysia is committed to ensuring that pupils travelling to the school from Singapore on a daily basis do so in the most cost effective, efficient and safe manner.

Negotiations continue with various ministries and IRDA (Iskandar Regional Development Authority); most encouragingly all parties aim to achieve the outcome as outlined above.

Although we have no finalised agreement, all parties are working towards pupils carrying a 'pass', not a passport, leaving Singapore on a small coach (maximum size 24) which will go through the Singapore immigration in a green channel. The coaches will stop at the Malaysian border where the passes will be examined and pupils identified, possibly by biometric analysis; pupils will not be required to leave the coach. On the return journey the inspection would take place at the Singapore border control by a similar means.

We hope to receive a statement of intent for the above from the relevant authorities in the next few months. In the event that the intended plan is not actionable by 27th August 2012, we will have a fall back position involving the use of people carriers rather than coaches.

We are confident that the issue will be resolved and fully expect the average journey time from Singapore to the school to be approximately 40-50 minutes.

I'm not sure if the Century School Bus that send kids from Johor into various Singapore school works in this way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.