• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
wasted. i was there this afternoon. did not asked them about G&G cos I assumed it to be G&G. nowadays, there are few new launches not G&G. I think eventually will have some form of security. don know why country view's devt always plauged by inability to have approval for G&G..last time i rem had another similar case under them.

Was told most corners (except for one extra large one 44'x70 costing 700+) has been sold. intermediate are below 500K. more launches in the pipeline. the overall place is huge!..interestingly its located on high grounds...sweet. Houses look modern and nice. more importantly, it is reasonably priced. sales people maciam not interested to sell tho,..haha. for bros priced out of HH and even NI, can consider this and wait for their future launches i.e. provided they iron out the G&G issues.

cheers.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Avalon,

looks quite good... i actually prefer the 'glass' design over the aluminium trimming.... i notice most malaysian houses uses the aluminium triming ....wondered why... is it more durable or something?
Shd be matter of preference.. also more like aluminium cabinets..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your Balcony rail certainly stands out compared with your neighbors'. nice!
Not really lah.. I have seen many neighbours who have much more extensive renovations.. one even had a 3ft dugout which I suspect is for a pool..
my objective is that my unit looks plain & do not stand out to avoid kenna target by any robbers.. (thats why I did not tile the carpoach)

But for the cost of 4K to do up a balcony is pretty worth it..
1. Hack wall to create door/install grill door
2. Wall up balcony area
3. Tile up
4. Add railings

Polarbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering if there is any cab service from Singapore to Nusajaya? If yes, can somone please recommend the name of the company.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Avalon74, mind sharing some pictures for the following items (1-8 in your list) of reno and info for the corresponding contractors? Thanks.

think i already post quite a number of pics liao.. my contractors were chosen within a short span of time from VP.. among those I think can intro includes
3. grills - Zheng Tong
4. kichen cabinets - Classy
8. alarm/autogate- Broad Coverage

All signed up in Persada fair.. check them out if interested..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fantastic price..

Not really lah.. I have seen many neighbours who have much more extensive renovations.. one even had a 3ft dugout which I suspect is for a pool..
my objective is that my unit looks plain & do not stand out to avoid kenna target by any robbers.. (thats why I did not tile the carpoach)

But for the cost of 4K to do up a balcony is pretty worth it..
1. Hack wall to create door/install grill door
2. Wall up balcony area
3. Tile up
4. Add railings

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
wasted. i was there this afternoon. did not asked them about G&G cos I assumed it to be G&G. nowadays, there are few new launches not G&G. I think eventually will have some form of security. don know why country view's devt always plauged by inability to have approval for G&G..last time i rem had another similar case under them.

Was told most corners (except for one extra large one 44'x70 costing 700+) has been sold. intermediate are below 500K. more launches in the pipeline. the overall place is huge!..interestingly its located on high grounds...sweet. Houses look modern and nice. more importantly, it is reasonably priced. sales people maciam not interested to sell tho,..haha. for bros priced out of HH and even NI, can consider this and wait for their future launches i.e. provided they iron out the G&G issues.

cheers.

Try to ask them these questions:

- Why is there no perimeter fencing even though you said approval is in place? Now their solution it to place a "gate" in between the gap of last row of houses.
- there are around 1000 units in certain phase, and I only saw a single guard post. How is that going to be managed?
- If there's no DMC, how are you ensuring that 1000 houses pay up the security fee? What if some pay and some do not?

My friend and I have not gotten an answer for those questions. Thus we gave this dev a pass.

By now, I hope they have a good answer to address those critical issues.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
They did not have answers tO these. That's why it appeared more like just a guarded neighbourhood. They cannot enforce on the residents to pay for the security fee. For those who doesn't pay, the guards will still patrol the neighbourhood, but they might just turn a blind eye to those houses ...

Try to ask them these questions:

- Why is there no perimeter fencing even though you said approval is in place? Now their solution it to place a "gate" in between the gap of last row of houses.
- there are around 1000 units in certain phase, and I only saw a single guard post. How is that going to be managed?
- If there's no DMC, how are you ensuring that 1000 houses pay up the security fee? What if some pay and some do not?

My friend and I have not gotten an answer for those questions. Thus we gave this dev a pass.

By now, I hope they have a good answer to address those critical issues.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,..i rem u mentioned u already have one shop at bestari side. now thinking of buying another?.

I think this Southkey got potential, esp if the MRT is ready by 2018 or 2019. It's located on a super busy junction. But it will probably be super pricey.... Maybe 3 storey selling for RM 2.8m?

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this Southkey got potential, esp if the MRT is ready by 2018 or 2019. It's located on a super busy junction. But it will probably be super pricey.... Maybe 3 storey selling for RM 2.8m?

Wah, so expensive? The shops opposite of Aeon Jusco Bukit Indah resale also about RM1.6 m only.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,..i rem u mentioned u already have one shop at bestari side. now thinking of buying another?.

Yes right, the bestari one is already tenanted . Hence now looking at the old JB city side to diversified. Not very sure is good idea or not . Whats your views ?

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes right, the bestari one is already tenanted . Hence now looking at the old JB city side to diversified. Not very sure is good idea or not . Whats your views ?

haha. bro, care to share u tenant to who and how much?..is it to tok mama?...

bro,..i dont know how deep your pockets?..if deep enough, i think its good to diversify across JB. tho it may seem pricey now, 5 years down the road, you will be kicking yourself why never buy more units then..haha.

cheers.

juzanee

Alfrescian
Loyal
saw this on today online. Baseline is, avoid buying Toyota & Honda if you are planning to get a Malaysian car?

150 cars stolen daily in M'sia

KUALA LUMPUR - An average of 150 vehicles are stolen each day in Malaysia, police said, with Proton and Pero-dua models topping the list.

Federal Criminal Investigation Department chief Mohd Bakri Zinin told reporters yesterday that a high demand for car parts is fuelling the theft of new and old vehicles by syndicates.

"There is a big demand for the stolen vehicles at construction sites in remote areas. Some are used in robberies and other criminal activities while certain models are exported," he was quoted as saying by The Star.

"We believe that vehicles like Toyota Hilux are stolen to feed the huge demand for four-wheel drives in the Middle East. We think that rebel forces use them to mount guns," he added.

The number of vehicles reported stolen nationwide as of September last year was 55,041. A total of 57,462 vehicles were reported stolen in 2010.

Toyota and Honda models were among the top 10 vehicles targeted by syndicates. Agencies

------

Btw, yonglip, avalon74, teck21, was compiling the recent discussions about your renovations: http://livinginjb.info/?page_id=414.
Can I clarify, are the prices in RM or SGD? (I'm assuming its RM).

-----------------
http://livinginjb.info

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha. bro, care to share u tenant to who and how much?..is it to tok mama?...

bro,..i dont know how deep your pockets?..if deep enough, i think its good to diversify across JB. tho it may seem pricey now, 5 years down the road, you will be kicking yourself why never buy more units then..haha.

cheers.

Yah lor , kicked myself once 3 years back when Sutera Utama shophouse was at 900 to 1M range , now 1.8 to 2M nabei ! 2 storey shophouse rental is around the 3.5K range @ Bestari . But now prices very expensive , become a high risk investment liao lah , like susidise people to do business like that , haha .

Last edited:

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha. bro, care to share u tenant to who and how much?..is it to tok mama?..

cheers.

Yes, bro, i want to know about this as well, i am looking into shoplot as well, not so much on office but more on the ground floor retail. Care to share with us? :smile:

Edited: oops, see that u already replied while i was writing this post. Then may i asked, how much is your monthly instalment ? the RM3500 can cover or not? Thx.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.