• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

I would advise you to consider changing the cowgrass to Pearl Grass for your lawn however big or small. This grass is quite cheap and almost maintainance free. Meaning you dont even need to buy a lawnmower. All you need to do is occassional weeding (once every 2 or 3 months). Very easy to maintain, looks neat and tidy because it doesnt grow long (vertically) but grow horizontally.

These days find myself lookin at things for my soon to be ready JB house....things which i would never look in SG..haha.

water filter - Drinkstar sand filter + indoor filter
ceiling fan - KDK sensa...jus realise the price is half that of SG!!
lawnmower - electric type
grass - will stick to default cowgrass. understand its hardy,..also pity to change

and the list goes on and on....

so excited to be able to spend some of my hard earned/converted $ soon..hehe.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Edit - Saw that you also found the site already :smile:

Not sure if you have visited this web below. This is one development that impressed me the most apart from the current access road.

http://www.leisurefarm.com.my/

i have heard about leisure farm as a good retirement location..security also manned by gurkas (wonder if it is a few platoons :biggrin:)
then i went google, but can't seem to find a developer. is it already fully built-up?

also, does anyone (who lives there or have the sources) have the overall plan/map of leisure farm and precinct (like in HH, the golf, hills etc)?
so far i only found bayou water village and garden court.
it also seems to be a huge range from terrace to bungalows.. price also ranging from rm600k to even an eye-popping 6.5mil :eek:

anyway, some of the resale price seems good.. just dunno how/where is it located in the whole estate

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1292387/Leisure_Farm_Resort_Semi-detached_House_ForSale

seems like we are getting really spoilt for choices..

edit: found already.. mybad
http://www.leisurefarm.com.my/

Last edited:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is an opportunity of a lifetime whether you are new in buying property or been buying heaps of properties! It is a fair deal for everyone. Some see it coming, some will see it after it is gone and others will only hear about it.

I really like to read all the cynical remarks about Iskandar -- somehow the more I read about them, the more chuffed to bits I am, and quietly confident IM won't do too badly.

Surely, 2012 has it's risks blah blah about the upcoming downturn, the seeming peak in SG property, the point about Penang/KL ppl commenting that Johor properties are getting expensive, etc.

I'm neither an analyst nor a professional in investing/property, but for someone in his 30s who just settled down and didn't get exposed to property at an earlier age, I think IM presents an opportunity of a lifetime for buyers like myself.

Gong Hei Fatt Choy!!!

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM 500k is the minimum cap..... Depending on the area you are looking at, most Semi D (within Nusajaya) will be above that cap.

Hi.

Looking to get a cluster detached house or semi-detached for the first time. What is the minimum cap for Singaporeans at the moment ? It used to be 250,000 Ringgit, but really I haven't been following the news.

Would appreciate your inputs.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I know! We should be proud of who we are and where we come from; we should not give ourselves titles like these. It will not be funny when "others" starts to address us as such. So, try not to lah, whether in jest or otherwise. We are all we have. : )

But our Masters are not proud of his own citizen leh , keep on treating us like 2nd class citizens . That explain the unhappiness .

Last edited:

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

I would advise you to consider changing the cowgrass to Pearl Grass for your lawn however big or small. This grass is quite cheap and almost maintainance free. Meaning you dont even need to buy a lawnmower. All you need to do is occassional weeding (once every 2 or 3 months). Very easy to maintain, looks neat and tidy because it doesnt grow long (vertically) but grow horizontally.

Thks Nusajaya for the sharing. Originally I was thinking of leveling the ground with concrete and installing artificial grass for its maintenance-free property. Now I have another alternative that I can consider. Would u know if I am able to get the pearl grass u mentioned from the nursery near Sutera Mall? Have not visited the place yet.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

Noted bro. Originally i had wanted to re-turf using Pearl grass. But tot that it might be fun to let the kids mow the lawn (under supervision of course) once a while. Will re-consider again.

Cheers.

Sunset

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea which nursery has it but pearl grass is widely available in most if not all nursery. Sounds like Bro Yonglip might know where to get it.

Bro Odyssey - pls dont level and concrete it. I guarantee you will enjoy a natural green patch at home. This is precisely the kind of little little stuff that you get to appreciate while others has to pay millions for.

Thks Nusajaya for the sharing. Originally I was thinking of leveling the ground with concrete and installing artificial grass for its maintenance-free property. Now I have another alternative that I can consider. Would u know if I am able to get the pearl grass u mentioned from the nursery near Sutera Mall? Have not visited the place yet.

Kenken

Alfrescian
Loyal
MRT network in Iskandar delayed after 2020

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 367

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just showed this to my Malaysian friend. Immediate comment received was "typical Malaysia, talk talk talk then delay delay delay and eventually no action, u still have confidence? Told u many times the history will repeat, as long as the attitude and mindset of these gov don't change. Better reconsider your plan to dump your money here for high price!"

I just smiled :-) I'm moving over for a better lifestyle ... Full stop

MRT network in Iskandar delayed after 2020

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could some one translate a summary of the above and post here.tnx

Hitesh, it said the proposed MRT network at Iskandar is delayed due to high cost and there is not sufficient demand to justify the cost at the moment, this MRT system will only be functioning in 2020.

For now, they will enchance and upgrade the current bus system since it is only 10% of what a MRT network would cost. However, the RTS between sg and Msia will start in 2018.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friends just asked me to think and analyse about the following 2 questions:

Q1) why is khazanah liquidating it's assets NOW?
Q2) the PM announced about the new currency notes before CNY. However, no new notes have been seen in the market. Why do u think the money printing was delayed/unsuccessful as planned

What do u guys think?

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friends just asked me to think and analyse about the following 2 questions:

Q1) why is khazanah liquidating it's assets NOW?
Q2) the PM announced about the new currency notes before CNY. However, no new notes have been seen in the market. Why do u think the money printing was delayed/unsuccessful as planned

What do u guys think?

Well, I received the new coins while passing toll during CNY. Any significance to this?

juzanee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, I've been lurking around this forum for awhile. Definitely a lot of info here! Noticed that some people suggested categorizing the content, but guess that goes against the whole "forum feel".

So I've created a new site called livinginjb.info, compiling useful information from these two thread. I'm still on the first forum, working backwards from page 800. Now only reached Page 698! 600 over pages to go.

Hope you all find the new site useful!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just showed this to my Malaysian friend. Immediate comment received was "typical Malaysia, talk talk talk then delay delay delay and eventually no action, u still have confidence? Told u many times the history will repeat, as long as the attitude and mindset of these gov don't change. Better reconsider your plan to dump your money here for high price!"

I just smiled :-) I'm moving over for a better lifestyle ... Full stop

Yo

How's yr house searching ? U seems quiet this few days , busy viewing houses ah ?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo sis, yah, I might have been quiet but I do read the posts everyday :smile: Also, not a lot of house viewing leh ... All the agents are not doing business during this CNY period. Resale market has been very slow. Not a lot of new properties also. Maybe all the owners/sellers have gone away.

Unless something nice show up before the new launches by some developers, otherwise, I won't waste anymore time but to buy straight from developer Liao (have already identified) ... I'm 100% sure that by end feb 12, I will secure something :wink: (right now only have the indicative price, hopefully the developer wont jack up ridiculous launching price) NI is still on my card!

Yo

How's yr house searching ? U seems quiet this few days , busy viewing houses ah ?

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo sis, yah, I might have been quiet but I do read the posts everyday :smile: Also, not a lot of house viewing leh ... All the agents are not doing business during this CNY period. Resale market has been very slow. Not a lot of new properties also. Maybe all the owners/sellers have gone away.

Unless something nice show up before the new launches by some developers, otherwise, I won't waste anymore time but to buy straight from developer Liao (have already identified) ... I'm 100% sure that by end feb 12, I will secure something :wink: (right now only have the indicative price, hopefully the developer wont jack up ridiculous launching price) NI is still on my card!

haha , i think u can wait till NI launch the condo la ....
P8 only left 3 end lots ....
what abt HH greens ? U dun wan liao ?
Go n buy la then I can come n visit u ....

Status
Not open for further replies.