• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just showed this to my Malaysian friend. Immediate comment received was "typical Malaysia, talk talk talk then delay delay delay and eventually no action, u still have confidence? Told u many times the history will repeat, as long as the attitude and mindset of these gov don't change. Better reconsider your plan to dump your money here for high price!"

I just smiled :-) I'm moving over for a better lifestyle ... Full stop

i believe malaysians are sick of their gahmen.. just like some of us do of ours.
even my friends in oz, nz and usa also felt that way about theirs.
people usually think of the bad things but seldom remember the good.
one (probably a lousy example), malaysians get subsidized fuel right? singaporeans/thais can only drool...

swap places, your friend would probably think of going to jb after a few years in sg. :biggrin:

as for dumping money at high price.. imo, still can buy, but don't go in getting carrot-chopped. need to do more research
when i first came to the forum, thought HH & EL are the best.. but after reading up slightly more, a few others are good too
if the price they set seem ridiculous, walk away. there are plenty to choose from. :wink:

btw no comment about buying for investment though.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, I've been lurking around this forum for awhile. Definitely a lot of info here! Noticed that some people suggested categorizing the content, but guess that goes against the whole "forum feel".

So I've created a new site called livinginjb.info, compiling useful information from these two thread. I'm still on the first forum, working backwards from page 800. Now only reached Page 698! 600 over pages to go.

Hope you all find the new site useful!

Wow ! thanks for your good work . I can refer to info at ease next time ! Dont forget to include seach function for Key Words. Thanks

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
The green is still short listed la. depends on the launching price, if launch at 650k, I might as well buy the gateway for a slightly higher price, just have to work harder to earn more money to pay off the higher price ... Some bros have discussed about the feasibility and profitability of the greens earlier. I don't intend to flip, so profit is out of question. It's just a matter of whether their launch price Will worth the wait of 2.5 years vs the gateway for immediate move in ... HH sure is top priority, don't worry la, will invite u to visit ...

haha , i think u can wait till NI launch the condo la ....
P8 only left 3 end lots ....
what abt HH greens ? U dun wan liao ?
Go n buy la then I can come n visit u ....

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha bro, he is a johorean. So no need to swap, he surely knows much more than me ... He was speaking from experience, he got burned before, so can't blame fully blame him for cursing and swearing ... Especially when the mrt news like this is not helping ... And the reason given was insufficient demand and cost is unjustifiable ... When factors like these are mentioned (and in year 2012??? When the hype is still strong), he just strongly believe that this will be shelved for unknown years and it will not happen, maye not during his lifetime.

i believe malaysians are sick of their gahmen.. just like some of us do of ours.
one (probably a lousy example), malaysians get subsidized fuel right? singaporeans/thais can only drool...

swap places, your friend would probably think of going to jb after a few years in sg. :biggrin:

as for dumping money at high price.. imo, still can buy, but don't go in getting carrot-chopped. need to do more research
when i first came to the forum, thought HH & EL are the best.. but after reading up slightly more, a few others are good too
if the price they set seem ridiculous, walk away. there are plenty to choose from. :wink:

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Odyssey - pls dont level and concrete it. I guarantee you will enjoy a natural green patch at home. This is precisely the kind of little little stuff that you get to appreciate while others has to pay millions for.

Hi Nusajaya,
Well, right now I have a garden and the grass grows very quickly (esp during the rainy season) and the weeds sprout out rather quickly too. Every other weekend I had to pull out the weeds, as u can't just cut them and believe that they will go away. There were moments when laziness got the better of me and I neglected to do this and the weeds multiplied. Based on this, I was deciding on using artificial grass, cos I dont think I would want to spend my weekends at JB weeding my green patch. Artificial grass are basically quite maintenance-free; an ocassional pressure-jet wash would be enough to restore its greenery. That's when I read about ur post on pearl grass, which is causing me to rethink my decision. Most pobably I will make a trip to the nursery and poke poke around. If I should ever decide to use artificial grass then, I plan to have a meter wide planter next to my fencing to grow my palms to soften the look. See how it goes. Once again, thanks for ur sharing on the pearl grass, I appreciated it.

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha , i think u can wait till NI launch the condo la ....
P8 only left 3 end lots ....
what abt HH greens ? U dun wan liao ?
Go n buy la then I can come n visit u ....

Remaining units at NI moving slow. Do you think they will move up the price to >500k to attract foreigner/singaproean?

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just showed this to my Malaysian friend. Immediate comment received was "typical Malaysia, talk talk talk then delay delay delay and eventually no action, u still have confidence? Told u many times the history will repeat, as long as the attitude and mindset of these gov don't change. Better reconsider your plan to dump your money here for high price!"

I just smiled :-) I'm moving over for a better lifestyle ... Full stop

I see this as something positive. It shows that they have begun to think hard about the issue of CRITICAL MASS. Build build and build for who? Imagine 2 to 3 theme parks in the pipeline after Hello Kitty and Legoland.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for doing that! Quietly lurking in the background but positively contributing...... You are absolutely great, mate.

Hi all, I've been lurking around this forum for awhile. Definitely a lot of info here! Noticed that some people suggested categorizing the content, but guess that goes against the whole "forum feel".

So I've created a new site called livinginjb.info, compiling useful information from these two thread. I'm still on the first forum, working backwards from page 800. Now only reached Page 698! 600 over pages to go.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possible ... But subject to much more competition from the similar range of properties from other tamans, double edged sword ... I think NI might be priced out ...

Remaining units at NI moving slow. Do you think they will move up the price to >500k to attract foreigner/singaproean?

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

a great site you have there..

really appreciate it !!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just finished browsing through. It's such a clean layout and very easy to navigate. And all the posts come with quotes/citations. This is truly a great spirit in helping the needs ... Well done and please press on!

a great site you have there..

really appreciate it !!

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your site is really cool man. Must agree that you have captured and segregated the wealth of information very well. I really can't imagine what will it look like when you've gone through all the 800 pages! You should give some credit to Wuqi lah!

I know this is still work in progress - Perhaps a couple of suggestion as you go through the thread, keep focusing on some of the key questions that were being asked by most ppl. Also including a map of the whole Iskandar master plan would also help to put the various developments into perspective.

You better let the Federal and Johor govt know what you are doing for them. The Sultan of Johor might just immortalise you or at least confer you a 'Datukship".

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Exactly what we are looking for! I can appreciate the time and effort u had put in. It's been added to my Favorites already. Great Job Juzanee!

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hitesh, it said the proposed MRT network at Iskandar is delayed due to high cost and there is not sufficient demand to justify the cost at the moment, this MRT system will only be functioning in 2020.

For now, they will enchance and upgrade the current bus system since it is only 10% of what a MRT network would cost. However, the RTS between sg and Msia will start in 2018.

Thanks Icyraine....sounds like that makes a singapore car so necessary for people living in Johor.....

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi GReddy88. what other options do you think are good.. care to share... HH atmo seems to be pricey to me.. so i would like to know more options which are good and affordable.....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi GReddy88. what other options do you think are good.. care to share... HH atmo seems to be pricey to me.. so i would like to know more options which are good and affordable.....

Perhaps you can let us know your budget? Around RM 500k to RM 600k? Yes, a car is a must in JB!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Can someone recommend couple of good hotels close to Jusco Bukit Indah / around that area?

Thanks and cheers!

Yes, Pariss and Eurorich (Platinum) are amongst the better ones. There are also smaller ones like Lavender (Nusa Bestari area) that are quiet.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Been away so not had much chance to post as wife and son is still down with flu throughout the CNY period so had to take care of them. Set off fireworks at relatives new houses this CNY. Brought me real joy to see everyone so happy especially my SG relatives having their reunion dinner at our (Johore) house with my dad and mum. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lots of other options, NI, ND for example. A learned friend of mine recently bought a unit at Skyloft for 600plus k

Status
Not open for further replies.