• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
The dragon that u know is a dragon head. So will have lots of little dragon clan that u should join in haha

I'm in sutera mall now eating. Viewing later

Hmmm...

'According to Chinese Five Element Astrology Calendar, 2012 is the Year of Water Dragon . The color of Water in Five Elements system is related to Black. Therefore we can say 2012 is a Black Dragon, Water Dragon or Black Water Dragon year.'

And NI P8 got a lake-ful of water...huat ah!! :biggrin:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cny Toto coming. U all NIP8 member each name a number and go Huat together :wink: then u can upgrade the lake with dragon fountain :smile:

Hmmm...

'According to Chinese Five Element Astrology Calendar, 2012 is the Year of Water Dragon . The color of Water in Five Elements system is related to Black. Therefore we can say 2012 is a Black Dragon, Water Dragon or Black Water Dragon year.'

And NI P8 got a lake-ful of water...huat ah!! :biggrin:

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cny Toto coming. U all NIP8 member each name a number and go Huat together :wink: then u can upgrade the lake with dragon fountain :smile:

Ahem ahem.... a bit of Chinese Astrology... :smile:

Being guided by the Water element means these Rats have a knack for influencing people. With their strong intellectual powers and great insight, they are also great puzzle solvers. They are quick to understand others and are incredibly practical people. Rats apply their talents to their everyday lives, making them obliging, generous and compassionate to other people. Generally, they are liked and respected by everyone. Like all Rats, however, they can be determined to seek their own gain, and will not mind using these talents to achieve it - though generally without losing anyone's respect in doing so.

Lucky Element How good is my luck in 2012?

Metal
When Metal is under Water. People cannot see the Metal, unless they watch carefully into Water. Also, Water can protect Metal, if a strong Fire element is around. Therefore the luck of 2012 is fine.

Water
It's very good, 2012 is a strong Water year. There is nothing can stop the luck coming to you. You can feel it and people can see good luck over you all the time.

Wood
It's good. Water can help Wood (tree) growing. That means Wood can become strong with the support of Water. But if the birth chart already has lots of Water, then Wood might be rooted out when extra Water comes. Luckily, Dragon contains Earth and Wood, which can help Wood survive in the Water.

Fire
It's not good. Fire is afraid of Water. When too much Water comes, then Fire has a chance to be extinguished. That implies many pressures will come in 2012. Depending on the relationship between Fire and Day Master, Fire might be related to money, career, reputation or health. This is a year to watch for safety.

Earth
It's fair. Lots of Water can flash away Earth and make Water dirty. Luckily, Dragon contains Earth. Therefore, the luck of 2012 cannot last too long, but the opportunity is always around. You will have better luck between the change of seasons.

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's all a matter of perspective. Gruesome murders and killings happens everywhere even in countries like America or Europe. If we read that in London or New York, most of us will say "well, its common". Its how were've wired up by our background and influence. You want to feel safe, slowly get another perspective!

Fully agreed. Last I remember there's a dead body found every month in SG. Does it make it dangerous?
Having said all that, i keep the habit to lookout for my neighbors and they do they same for me too. So together with this attitude, we can make our home a safe neighbourhood

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal,
Dragon hasn't started yet !!! Hahaha
One suggestion is to add kangaroo bars at the back and front. Just kidding.
Anyway best wishes to you and hopefully no more scratches or dents next year (dragon year). Huat ah !

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya. I went in 6 plus till 12 plus came out. Smuggled my bwa Kwan back again. Hee

Nite nite!!

歌曲:老鼠愛大米

我聽見你的聲音
有種特別的感覺
讓我不斷想不敢再忘記你
我記得有一個人
永遠留在我心中
哪怕只能夠這樣的想你
如果真的有一天
愛情理想會實現
我會加倍努力好好對你永遠不改變
不管路有多麼遠
一定會讓它實現
我會親親在你耳邊對你說(對你說)
我愛你愛著你
就像老鼠愛大米
不管有多少風雨我都會依然陪著你
我想你想著你
不管有多麼的苦
只要能讓你開心我什麼都願意
這樣愛你
我聽見你的聲音
有種特別的感覺
讓我不斷想不敢再忘記你
我記得有一個人
永遠留在我心中
哪怕只能夠這樣的想你
如果真的有一天
愛情理想會實現
我會加倍努力好好對你永遠不改變
不管路有多麼遠
一定會讓它實現
我會親親在你耳邊對你說(對你說)
我愛你愛著你
就像老鼠愛大米
不管有多少風雨我都會依然陪著你
我想你想著你
不管有多麼的苦
只要能讓你開心我什麼都願意
這樣愛你
我愛你愛著你
就像老鼠愛大米
不管有多少風雨我都會依然陪著你
我想你想著你
不管有多麼的苦
只要能讓你開心我什麼都願意
這樣愛你

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
歌曲:老鼠愛大米

我聽見你的聲音
有種特別的感覺
讓我不斷想不敢再忘記你
我記得有一個人
永遠留在我心中
哪怕只能夠這樣的想你
如果真的有一天
愛情理想會實現
我會加倍努力好好對你永遠不改變
不管路有多麼遠
一定會讓它實現
我會親親在你耳邊對你說(對你說)
我愛你愛著你
就像老鼠愛大米
不管有多少風雨我都會依然陪著你
我想你想著你
不管有多麼的苦
只要能讓你開心我什麼都願意
這樣愛你
我聽見你的聲音
有種特別的感覺
讓我不斷想不敢再忘記你
我記得有一個人
永遠留在我心中
哪怕只能夠這樣的想你
如果真的有一天
愛情理想會實現
我會加倍努力好好對你永遠不改變
不管路有多麼遠
一定會讓它實現
我會親親在你耳邊對你說(對你說)
我愛你愛著你
就像老鼠愛大米
不管有多少風雨我都會依然陪著你
我想你想著你
不管有多麼的苦
只要能讓你開心我什麼都願意
這樣愛你
我愛你愛著你
就像老鼠愛大米
不管有多少風雨我都會依然陪著你
我想你想著你
不管有多麼的苦
只要能讓你開心我什麼都願意
這樣愛你

Wow....wtf?? 米基, 我愛你...hahahah....:biggrin:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many euro countries have had their S&P ratings downgraded. Is this a message of further heightened risks of euro crisis? Do u think ECB will step in sooner? How do u think these countries can get themselves out of this? Tackling from the fiscal aspect is always the key, but what can be done? If FED can print money like no one business, why isnt ECB acting sooner?

I really don't hope it will affect us in sinkie and force us to put our plan (including those planning to do so) for living in JB to a halt. I think more and more people will stay put with their homeground and job security will be prior concern? What's your view? Any bro or sis has further updates to the sales of the respective project? I recall a bro mentioned impiana has had 30% sold for block B. The suites had about 9 units left (about 2 weeks back).

Ah tiong jie - before u use your ak47 to shoot me, this is just a discussion, nothing to do with me backing out :smile: i'm proceeding as planned :smile: btw, I had no "feel" for precinct 5, even tho it's so near to 8. I concluded that only P7 & P8 are of interest to me, much more wild and wow factors.

Last edited:

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think so too. Singapore just lost Nokia to China due to cost cutting measures by businesses http://blogs.wsj.com/searealtime/2012/01/05/singapore-loses-nokia-to-china/

Finland’s Nokia Corp., the world’s largest mobile phone maker by volume, said it is moving its Asia-Pacific headquarters to Beijing from Singapore as part of plans to raise business efficiencies and meet savings targets.

Likewise, businesses can also move out of China due to rising business cost.

More recently, many analysts have argued Southeast Asia is starting to look more attractive again as disenchantment with China spreads due to rising costs, intellectual property violations, and other problems there, along with rising incomes in Southeast Asia.

I think a long crisis will only force businesses to relocate, something these businesses don't see as urgent during good times. Thus I still think a crisis might benefit low-cost, up-coming regions as businesses have the urgent need to relocate.

For a few years people have talked about manufactures moving out of China to SE Asia. Saying that rising costs were getting manufactures to leave China for new locations. So, a few years ago I took a look at the data. And guess what? China grew manufacturing output more than the total output of those countries that were supposedly taking business from China. This has continued each year. I mentioned this recently in a post on my blog http://investing.curiouscatblog.net...acturing-output-from-2000-to-2010-by-country/ "As I discussed in the last post the data doesn’t support any decline in Chinese manufacturing (or significant moves away from China toward other South-East Asian countries). Indonesia has grown quickly (and have the most manufacturing production, of those discussed), but their total manufacturing output is less than China grew output by per year for the last 5 years."

So while Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand... are gaining manufacturing: China is continuing to grow output tremendously. Now I would guess that China's growth is likely to decrease in the next few years, but it is still likely to continue to grow output.

I also doubt Iskandar will benefit from a crisis. It may continue to grow, but I believe it would be at a reduced rate in a crisis. I understand a crisis can encourage business to seek lower costs... But I think the negative aspects (banks not lending, businesses not expanding, businesses cutting new spending as cash flow decrases...) are likely to be more of a drag than a benefit. I also think Iskandar is marvelously placed to do well if times are good. So my expectations are for Iskandar to do very well if economic growth continues in SE Asia (therefore Iskandar would have to do even better than that under a crisis for a crisis to be beneficial - and I just don't believe it would be). I think Singapore companies will have plenty of reason to move some work to Iskandar if times are good and they can trust the long term stability of economic cooperation and infrastructure links.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Singapore sees it very much in our interest that Iskandar prospers and succeeds. It has been doing well in attracting investment but most importantly so if we can develop linkages between Singapore and Iskandar.”

Lee was referring to the Singapore proposal for a new work group on industrial cooperation to promote mutually beneficial twinning of economic activities between Iskandar and Singapore.

Singapore is facing space and manpower constraints which are in abundance in Iskandar.

Lee wants Iskandar to provide the facilities and infrastructure to enable projects’ expansion which Singapore cannot do or projects which want to come to Singapore but can’t be accommodated.

In that sense, Singapore's government will even be promoting Iskandar's competitive advantage when they are trying to woo big businesses into Singapore.

This is exactly right. Whatever criticism people have about Singapore, it is hard to criticize their economic development foresight. Economic development is something where you need to think of the long term. Then you see what routes you have to get their. Each country and area has different strengths and weaknesses. What will benefit Singapore 20 years from now is not the same thing that benefits them today. To maximize today, you cater to those currently in power. But to prosper over the long term you need to think ahead.

The economic landscape changes rapidly (compared to lifetimes). Look at the Singapore of today versus that of 1970 and 1990. Look at China today versus 1990.

Clayton Christensen has one of the few essentially new management ideas in the last few decades (usually management authors just rewrite old ideas and sell them as new. He has several books http://www.curiouscat.net/authors/306-Clayton-Christensen on the Innovators Dilemma. It is essentially about how new products and services destroy old profitable businesses. You can chose to hope and fight against it, but it won't work (see people like the entertainment and publishing industry today - fighting against technology just like they fought against videotape then DVDs... they are just incapable of understanding business). Smart businesses will seek to disrupt their own, current profit centers. Because if they don't someone else will. But this is hard. Christensen has an excellent book on this: The Innovator's Solution.

Singapore's situation is very much like this, I believe. And the government seems smart enough to realize this (which is very rare for governments). Singapore knows the world continues to evolve. And hoping that the economy they have today will just be fine 20 years from now is not going to work. They need to be willing to lose some things today to prepare for tomorrow. It will be messy and certainly political pressure will interfere. It is harder to do at the government level than at a corporate level (and most corporations can't do it). But I believe, Singapore understands they build the most economic prosperity and stability by partnering with Iskandar and Indonesia incredibly closely. And also partnering with China...

So I am betting Singapore will make the smart short term moves that means some losses today but great gains over the years. Malaysia is in the nice position today that they will really both gain today and gain tomorrow. It isn't often you get to enjoy that. There will be some special interests who might lose in the short term or, more likely, might think they are not getting enough of the current benefits and want more. But essentially Malaysia's trade offs are easy. Singapore's will mean disrupting current profit centers. But they don't really have a choice. If they just try to ignore the realities then Malaysia and Indonesia and Vietnam and India and China will disrupt those conditions Singapore currently benefits from and Singapore will not only lose what they have today, but not be in place to benefit from what can be created from the disruption.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many euro countries have had their S&P ratings downgraded. Is this a message of further heightened risks of euro crisis? Do u think ECB will step in sooner? How do u think these countries can get themselves out of this? Tackling from the fiscal aspect is always the key, but what can be done? If FED can print money like no one business, why isnt ECB acting sooner?

I really don't hope it will affect us in sinkie and force us to put our plan (including those planning to do so) for living in JB to a halt. I think more and more people will stay put with their homeground and job security will be prior concern? What's your view? Any bro or sis has further updates to the sales of the respective project? I recall a bro mentioned impiana has had 30% sold for block B. The suites had about 9 units left (about 2 weeks back).

Ah tiong jie - before u use your ak47 to shoot me, this is just a discussion, nothing to do with me backing out :smile: i'm proceeding as planned :smile: btw, I had no "feel" for precinct 5, even tho it's so near to 8. I concluded that only P7 & P8 are of interest to me, much more wild and wow factors.

Personally, I feel that the downgrades have been priced into the market since the market went down over the last 6 months. But to hope that the ECB will move into a QE-type of monetary policy akin Bernanke may be difficult though the results would be better as a dosage of injection of funds would do more good than harm.

I suspect the ECB's lack of inertia has got to do with the German influence on the Euro central banks. You see, the Germans suffered from massive inflation prior to WWII and if I am not wrong, there is a stipulation within the Constitution on the whole 'money-printing' phenomenon.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I am betting Singapore will make the smart short term moves that means some losses today but great gains over the years. Malaysia is in the nice position today that they will really both gain today and gain tomorrow. It isn't often you get to enjoy that. There will be some special interests who might lose in the short term or, more likely, might think they are not getting enough of the current benefits and want more. But essentially Malaysia's trade offs are easy. Singapore's will mean disrupting current profit centers. But they don't really have a choice. If they just try to ignore the realities then Malaysia and Indonesia and Vietnam and India and China will disrupt those conditions Singapore currently benefits from and Singapore will not only lose what they have today, but not be in place to benefit from what can be created from the disruption.

Well reality bites. Singapore is simply too small to afford the current high cost structures. This is echoed by some foreigners whom I had the fortune of meeting over the past days. Many are considering Iskandar because of costs though we know it has more advantages and disadvantages as well. Think about the absence of such a collaboration between the two Governments, the down-side for Singapore in the long run will be significant.

Without a hinterland, Singapore is not a great place for a business looking to seek alternate positions within the costs continuum. Let's face it, operating costs in Yishun and Sembawang may not differ greatly because of the infrastructure homogeneity and the burden of costs in different locations are not likely to dissimilar. Iskandar presents a cost option that was previously unavailable. Companies are intelligent and they may measure the trade-offs which is already taking place. Country X is 50% cheaper but 25% less efficient but could present as a more workable solution.

CuriousCat, I totally subscribe to your viewpoint. Singapore may be bypassed and thank goodness, the Government is going the right direction to demolish the costs burden - starting with their salaries. :smile: No matter what Liew Mun Leong is saying today about the ABSD being too high at 10%, I applaud the necessary move though I am worried as a property owner. The higher exchange rate in favour of Singapore is demolishing productivity. We may be looking at what has happened to Europe and America where the discovery of Asia as a prime manufacturing base in the 80s/90s caused a 'hollowing out' of their own industries but they have size, creativity, innovation and financial power to create the sustainability factor.

Do we have it? I doubt so and that's why we need to play our cards carefully.

Just my 2 cents worth.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back as usual!

hope everyone is good! By the way, I can't remember who mentioned I take bus from JB to Singapore daily. I don't commute between the 2 cities on weekdays. Only go there on weekends. =) hope crystal sis is alright. Not sure if Dragon will have a bad year, but I don't really get bothered by these, just do the best out of all you have.

Went to 1medini on Saturday, pretty nice concept and location. Very unexpected overwhelming response as well, they have decided to keep the remaining units for now. But like most brothers and sisters here, I think the leasehold factor is the deciding factor.

Also very happy to meet and know a SG private developer boss who is moving to gateway soon and have started looking at investments in Iskandar. =)

Hope to catch up with everyone!

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
377783_147489642031739_100003121114229_206323_760319939_n.jpg

was strolling around the place this morning and took this photo to share. Too bad it was too early and they haven't switched on the fountain =)

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, glad u had a blast.

Btw, what do u mean they decided to "keep" the remaining units? When I went on Wednesday, they only had one unit left, low level, facing the trees... It is indeed a nice concept and I like it, leasehold wouldn't bother me but it was a shame that I couldn't get high floor

Just came back as usual!

hope everyone is good! By the way, I can't remember who mentioned I take bus from JB to Singapore daily. I don't commute between the 2 cities on weekdays. Only go there on weekends. =) hope crystal sis is alright. Not sure if Dragon will have a bad year, but I don't really get bothered by these, just do the best out of all you have.

Went to 1medini on Saturday, pretty nice concept and location. Very unexpected overwhelming response as well, they have decided to keep the remaining units for now. But like most brothers and sisters here, I think the leasehold factor is the deciding factor.

Also very happy to meet and know a SG private developer boss who is moving to gateway soon and have started looking at investments in Iskandar. =)

Hope to catch up with everyone!

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
DREAMorACTION said:
Bro, glad u had a blast.

Btw, what do u mean they decided to "keep" the remaining units? When I went on Wednesday, they only had one unit left, low level, facing the trees... It is indeed a nice concept and I like it, leasehold wouldn't bother me but it was a shame that I couldn't get high floor

So far they have only launched tower A. Even for tower A, they have decided to keep some of the units without giving reasons until further notice, maybe they want to adjust prices, or some fund is interested to acquire. That one unit u saw is the last unit available for now.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is exactly right. Whatever criticism people have about Singapore, it is hard to criticize their economic development foresight. Economic development is something where you need to think of the long term. Then you see what routes you have to get their. Each country and area has different strengths and weaknesses. What will benefit Singapore 20 years from now is not the same thing that benefits them today. To maximize today, you cater to those currently in power. But to prosper over the long term you need to think ahead.

The economic landscape changes rapidly (compared to lifetimes). Look at the Singapore of today versus that of 1970 and 1990. Look at China today versus 1990.

Clayton Christensen has one of the few essentially new management ideas in the last few decades (usually management authors just rewrite old ideas and sell them as new. He has several books http://www.curiouscat.net/authors/306-Clayton-Christensen on the Innovators Dilemma. It is essentially about how new products and services destroy old profitable businesses. You can chose to hope and fight against it, but it won't work (see people like the entertainment and publishing industry today - fighting against technology just like they fought against videotape then DVDs... they are just incapable of understanding business). Smart businesses will seek to disrupt their own, current profit centers. Because if they don't someone else will. But this is hard. Christensen has an excellent book on this: The Innovator's Solution.

Singapore's situation is very much like this, I believe. And the government seems smart enough to realize this (which is very rare for governments). Singapore knows the world continues to evolve. And hoping that the economy they have today will just be fine 20 years from now is not going to work. They need to be willing to lose some things today to prepare for tomorrow. It will be messy and certainly political pressure will interfere. It is harder to do at the government level than at a corporate level (and most corporations can't do it). But I believe, Singapore understands they build the most economic prosperity and stability by partnering with Iskandar and Indonesia incredibly closely. And also partnering with China...

Well reality bites. Singapore is simply too small to afford the current high cost structures. This is echoed by some foreigners whom I had the fortune of meeting over the past days. Many are considering Iskandar because of costs though we know it has more advantages and disadvantages as well. Think about the absence of such a collaboration between the two Governments, the down-side for Singapore in the long run will be significant.

Without a hinterland, Singapore is not a great place for a business looking to seek alternate positions within the costs continuum. Let's face it, operating costs in Yishun and Sembawang may not differ greatly because of the infrastructure homogeneity and the burden of costs in different locations are not likely to dissimilar. Iskandar presents a cost option that was previously unavailable. Companies are intelligent and they may measure the trade-offs which is already taking place. Country X is 50% cheaper but 25% less efficient but could present as a more workable solution.

CuriousCat, I totally subscribe to your viewpoint. Singapore may be bypassed and thank goodness, the Government is going the right direction to demolish the costs burden - starting with their salaries. :smile: No matter what Liew Mun Leong is saying today about the ABSD being too high at 10%, I applaud the necessary move though I am worried as a property owner. The higher exchange rate in favour of Singapore is demolishing productivity. We may be looking at what has happened to Europe and America where the discovery of Asia as a prime manufacturing base in the 80s/90s caused a 'hollowing out' of their own industries but they have size, creativity, innovation and financial power to create the sustainability factor.

Do we have it? I doubt so and that's why we need to play our cards carefully.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Both of you are geniuses man! Well educated and loaded with knowledge. Thumbs up to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.