• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
some posts u can just ignore .... some ppl still wan to be spoon feed , we are all trying to categorise it liao ....
some just come n take info and never share info ... aiyoyo !!!

sometimes it is true not to take info as it is, or take it for granted.

cheers to a good weekend ahead and cny coming!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah this year will be exceptional. This will be the first year I'm gonna visit all the married family that I know, in order to get more red envelops to help the upcoming down payment. Lol. Kidding la. I have just knocked off office so I'm in jolly mood :biggrin: have fun everyone :wink:

sometimes it is true not to take info as it is, or take it for granted.

cheers to a good weekend ahead and cny coming!

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah this year will be exceptional. This will be the first year I'm gonna visit all the married family that I know, in order to get more red envelops to help the upcoming down payment. Lol. Kidding la. I have just knocked off office so I'm in jolly mood :biggrin: have fun everyone :wink:

Yah this year will be exceptional year , I am giving Ang Pao in Ringit , half price !

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
A question on renting out:

Must we go through a property agent? Anyone has done rental by themselves?
Thinking whether can save on agent fees. A colleague of mine said he advertised himself, and got a tenant.
But we'll need guidance on how to draw up tenancy agreement.
I also heard we will be taxed 26% on rental income, for stamped tenancy agreements. So if you can go unstamped, it will be to your benefit.
But usually for corporate rentals, they will need to get it stamped, so cannot "siam". But corporate also more reliable when it comes to payment, less chance of delay or default.

Well, I've done it before. For a student house...Just advertise in some of the local forums such as Lowyat...and bingo, if it's the right timing (ie during the start of a new semester), then you will have students emailing or calling you for the room(s). And if yours is a tenanted house with vacant room(s), you may even ask your current tenants to 'advertise' for you...Just pay them a simple token...ie RM100...

I also nominated one as a Principal Tenant...paid her a token sum as appreciation...and she will help to ensure everyone else paid their rental on time and also helps to ensure the utility bills are paid....:smile:

I also have the tenancy agreement signed and stamped, for income tax purposes as well as evidence for future mortgage application. Need to prove to banks that the house is an asset and not a liability... The stamp duty is to be paid by the tenant(s) anyway...:biggrin:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,
Bought 300krm, sell 500+k rm with 200+k rm profit, after deduction of agent fees and tax, still have (70x2.4) approx 150k rm profit. So actually very good investment but when you write as 70kS profit it appearr to be small.. bro HH is trying to downsell a good investment..
In Singapore you can profit 300-400k but the risk is in term of million dollars of sing.. here 300krm is lower risk but in percentage term very decent...

Actually, I only have a few properties in Johor. It is surely not enough to "talk down" the market even if I buy another 100 more. I just want to share my personal experience in JB. I enjoy living in JB. The space is there, nice environment and wide expressways to "speed".

I was checking out those HH terraces in which my friends bought for RM 300 plus k a few years ago and managed to sell them only recently at RM 500K+. A profit of about RM 200k you might say. However when you factor in legal fees, property agents commissions, stamp duties, foreign levies etc, my friends profit became S$70k for these past few years.

We must understand that past 2-3 years the market is going up. S$70k capital appreciation gain is really nothing, as my investor friends typically "earned" S$300k on average in Singapore from their commercial and condo units in Spore very very easily. ( they bought in 2008 or 2009 downturn and sell only recently ) That is the reason why even though COE is at all time high, you still see many SKD and SKE Ferraris, lambos, Maseratis on local roads.

But for younger couples who has limited savings to fork out for downpayments, the best market has to be those in JB. However as we all know, Nusajaya "normal" housings are now selling for between RM400k - RM 1 million.. I wont know if they will continue to shoot through the roofs.

Regarding bungalows in Leisure Farm, Ledang Hts etc, there is really rooms for appreciation as the former is a recognised safe haven and enclave for retirees from Spore. Those buyers pay RM 5 million in cash and they wont haggle over the bank loan. Hence even if Putrajaya introduce a 50% bank loan for all foreigners, they wont be least affected at all. The price can only go higher if there are premium and high quality luxury mansions/villas for them to buy. Bungalows with 5000 sq feet built up are too small for these high-net-worth-retirees.

Ledang Heights is just a few hundred metres from many amenties and world-renowned LEGOLAND. It needs no elaboration. When Medini becomes as saturated as Shenton Way, Ledang Heights and EL will command much higher rates. If anyone is still thinking to buy new properties in Nusajaya, my take is still to buy those with exclusive views.. facing golf courses etc or facing seas. Its more saleable for sure. The first property in JB is always safe. You can stay there if anything goes wrong.

Regarding staying in JB, you really have to do what the JB residents do. For example last night at Bukit Indah, I was reversing into an empty parking lot and signalled way before hand. I knew about 30m behind me there is a white MYVI. I quickly wanted to reverse in and when I looked at my rear mirror, that car "cheong" past my back and I slammed on my brakes. In Spore, motorists wait. In JB, they dont wait. If you are driving a Spore car like me and if they bother to wait, then the fellow behind must be a Spore residents or working in Spore because it is the culture here to wait for the car in front to park in properly.

This morning in Tuas, there is a jam again. However today I am pleased as there were a few JB cars trying to cut Q ( yet again! ) but there is this lady officer standing in front to record down their numbers. This should be the way. Law and Order so that everyone can get to work on time and equally.

Overall if you dont have kids who would need to go in and out of school for enrichment or CCAs, or if u or your spouse no need to travel in and out during weekends, JB is a very recommended place to stay. You get to enjoy life to the fullest from Friday nights to Monday morning. Of course, leave Spore before 5pm on Friday and return to Spore to work before 6am or after 9am on Mondays is recommended.

*My comments are limited to Tuas customs as I have given up on Woodlands traffic*

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chill, ah tiong. Weekend is here! Party time :wink:

Ya party time. At this timing, my car rear was banged by a RX 8 car lor. I could feel e impact as my body was thrown forward. but strange not a scratch on my bumper or below wor. But now my neck is in pain. Damn, I never bother to ask him for details earlier on. He still say my kimchi car bumper is very hard.

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
omg are you alright??!! did not get details and/or carplate number? remember whether settle or claim to make police report asap as an official documentation of your version. Plus photos if there any.

Ya party time. At this timing, my car rear was banged by a RX 8 car lor. I could feel e impact as my body was thrown forward. but strange not a scratch on my bumper or below wor. But now my neck is in pain. Damn, I never bother to ask him for details earlier on. He still say my kimchi car bumper is very hard.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

After knocking your rear, still got cheek to say your bum very hard! Ask him to kiss your ass men..!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
omg are you alright??!! did not get details and/or carplate number? remember whether settle or claim to make police report asap as an official documentation of your version. Plus photos if there any.

No wor. Since can't find anything damage. I was a bit shocked when it happened coz usually I bumped ppl but now first time ppl bumped me. Haha. I hope I m ok , e neck pain just came 1 hr aft e accident.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time should still take pics as evidence for the least. U might not know if he will turn it against u and accuse u that u bumped into him, if Sui Sui he gets another bump tomorrow ... And u just mentioned that the neck pain came after an hour, could claim from him if u have his details ... So I guess yoko-yoko will be your best solution now?

No wor. Since can't find anything damage. I was a bit shocked when it happened coz usually I bumped ppl but now first time ppl bumped me. Haha. I hope I m ok , e neck pain just came 1 hr aft e accident.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time should still take pics as evidence for the least. U might not know if he will turn it against u and accuse u that u bumped into him, if Sui Sui he gets another bump tomorrow ... And u just mentioned that the neck pain came after an hour, could claim from him if u have his details ... So I guess yoko-yoko will be your best solution now?

Ya lor, I let him off too lightly, haha. Nvm la, coz I dun see damage, can't claim him Kao Kao.
Tml I go jb n massage, hope e pain will go off.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor, I let him off too lightly, haha. Nvm la, coz I dun see damage, can't claim him Kao Kao.
Tml I go jb n massage, hope e pain will go off.

Huiyo! dont massage massage just like that. Better go see doctor. You might make it worst.
What you have is whiplash. In America, they sue and go to court. At least google and see what can and not do. I do not think massage is prescribed.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I only have a few properties in Johor. It is surely not enough to "talk down" the market even if I buy another 100 more. I just want to share my personal experience in JB. I enjoy living in JB. The space is there, nice environment and wide expressways to "speed".

I was checking out those HH terraces in which my friends bought for RM 300 plus k a few years ago and managed to sell them only recently at RM 500K+. A profit of about RM 200k you might say. However when you factor in legal fees, property agents commissions, stamp duties, foreign levies etc, my friends profit became S$70k for these past few years.

We must understand that past 2-3 years the market is going up. S$70k capital appreciation gain is really nothing, as my investor friends typically "earned" S$300k on average in Singapore from their commercial and condo units in Spore very very easily. ( they bought in 2008 or 2009 downturn and sell only recently ) That is the reason why even though COE is at all time high, you still see many SKD and SKE Ferraris, lambos, Maseratis on local roads.

But for younger couples who has limited savings to fork out for downpayments, the best market has to be those in JB. However as we all know, Nusajaya "normal" housings are now selling for between RM400k - RM 1 million.. I wont know if they will continue to shoot through the roofs.

Regarding bungalows in Leisure Farm, Ledang Hts etc, there is really rooms for appreciation as the former is a recognised safe haven and enclave for retirees from Spore. Those buyers pay RM 5 million in cash and they wont haggle over the bank loan. Hence even if Putrajaya introduce a 50% bank loan for all foreigners, they wont be least affected at all. The price can only go higher if there are premium and high quality luxury mansions/villas for them to buy. Bungalows with 5000 sq feet built up are too small for these high-net-worth-retirees.

Ledang Heights is just a few hundred metres from many amenties and world-renowned LEGOLAND. It needs no elaboration. When Medini becomes as saturated as Shenton Way, Ledang Heights and EL will command much higher rates. If anyone is still thinking to buy new properties in Nusajaya, my take is still to buy those with exclusive views.. facing golf courses etc or facing seas. Its more saleable for sure. The first property in JB is always safe. You can stay there if anything goes wrong.

Hi bro,

intriguing. unfortunately I think the chance to make quick buck in Singapore by waiting prop price fall and scoop a condo for quick resell is almost impossible now for at least three reasons.
- firstly, second prop loan is capped even lower (less bullets),
- secondly, seller stamp duty of 16% for 1st 4 years discourages flipping (not available for people with little bullets),
- thirdly, additional buyers stamp duty of 10% makes it hard to find buyer (no prey)

Biggest risk in Iskandar for short term flipping is abundant developer launches like Greens, Impiana, Straits View, 1 Medini, etc. Now I understand why you mean, the exclusive ones...... for that you either need bullets or big balls..

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal

that is whiplash. effect can come a few day/weeks later.
better see a doc to check. some nerve might be hurt. then claim the other party's insurance.

as for bumper hard.. yes, no damage to the car, but imo the car's crumple zone is not working/not existent to absorb the impact.. resulting in damage to the other party it hit, or the occupant (yourself).. hope i'm making sense :p

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
better see a doc to check. some nerve might be hurt. then claim the other party's insurance.

as for bumper hard.. yes, no damage to the car, but imo the car's crumple zone is not working/not existent to absorb the impact.. resulting in damage to the other party it hit, or the occupant (yourself).. hope i'm making sense :p

Yes, better go checkup for any structural damage... i mean Crystal herself and not the car. I agree with you completely. Take care Crystal.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huiyo! dont massage massage just like that. Better go see doctor. You might make it worst.
What you have is whiplash. In America, they sue and go to court. At least google and see what can and not do. I do not think massage is prescribed.

Oh ok. But after a gd nite sleep, I feels better now. Will skip massage later, hope shopping therapy in jb will make me fully heal. Hee

Guys
Thanks for e concern!

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal

Makes sense to pple from engineering discipline..
for non-technical, can imagine like ge2 shan1 da3 niu2

Status
Not open for further replies.