• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks ! not even properties tax to pay in SG ....

jus up yr pts...

Definately dont need lah. Singapore's income tax is based on 'earned or received' in SINGAPORE. Unless u transfer your rental income 'received from Malaysia' to SG account (this is defined as 'income received in SG' and hence taxable), and you declare it as such, there's no need.

Even if you had transferred to SG account and declared it as rental income from Malaysia, you can still claim for Double Tax Deductions, as mentioned earlier. As Malaysia's tax rates are higher than SG, if you filled in the double tax deduction section, you should not have any residual taxes payable. But to make things easier, its best not to transfer your rental income earned in Malaysia to SG account. Just spend it in Malaysia lah.......haha

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definately dont need lah. Singapore's income tax is based on 'earned or received' in SINGAPORE. Unless u transfer your rental income 'received from Malaysia' to SG account (this is defined as 'income received in SG' and hence taxable), and you declare it as such, there's no need. Even if you had transferred to SG account and declared it as rental income from Malaysia, you can still claim for Double Tax Deductions, as mentioned earlier........

thanks , then why papies so kpo wan to restrict us from buying overseas properties and must meet MOP if have a hdb ....
cant we earn money from overseas properties ?
really like to pin point sinkies .... haiz

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor said:
Wow, high end development.

Ya... BRDB is quite reputable for such projects. There are only 218 houses on 32 acres of land. So it's quite exclusive.

They did not actively market to Singaporeans... So far, I heard ownership is about 85% Malaysian Chinese, 10% Singaporean and 5% bumi.

The maintenance charge is quite high - 10 sen per square foot land per month. Actually that's also a positive - it is less attractive as a rental property, so presumably the residents will have a stronger vested interest in the upkeep of the neighborhood and we will see less vacant or investor units.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks , then why papies so kpo wan to restrict us from buying overseas properties and must meet MOP if have a hdb ....
cant we earn money from overseas properties ?
really like to pin point sinkies .... haiz

To be fair to our 'servants', the overseas property ruling is not really targeted at us leh, but more for PRs who want to stay in JB but use HDB flats to earn rental income. Under the current rules at least for now, our 'servants' allow us to rent out the entire HDB after MOP, and buy JB properties to stay.

They have also recently tweaked the rules to ensure that PRs can only sublet entire flat for a max of 5 years, while sinkies can sublet entire flat indefinately. I believe this move is to encourage more PRs to convert to SG, so that they can have more support to be our 'servants' in GE 2016....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
shouldnt restrict sinkies to buy overseas properties ma , u see malaysia has any restrictions for their ppl to buy or not ?
ya , i think only the PRC and Indians will convert , not many malaysians will do it ...
In the first place , PR are not suppose to buy hdb , they can only rent or buy private housing ....
Sinkies really has no place in this country!!

Last edited:

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes sister Crystal.....

I agree..... and some more buying overseas properties ARE NOT subsized by them and so wat make them have the rights to restrict us? Not that I have money to buy la.....

And HDB is public housing.... it is just SO SO SO disgusting that we even hve to pay property TAX for it..... whole LOAD of ^(#$&*%($@&$@( .......

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hve a friend who is a PR.... she wanted PR so she can work here in Singapore and buy a flat.....

And when she is older she will move back to her own country and her nieces, nephews or relatives can come and work in Singapore n so rent the place from her.... and she dun hve to worry tenants will mess up her place cos all the "tenants" will be her relatives.........

Day by Day it is getting harder to sustain in singapore not to mentioned a livelihood.

1st they tell us the bike is good .... run a documentary tell us yes it is worth to pay so much and thus cutting down on maintenance cost..... and YET now??? simply other pp probe further and all the dirt run out like SPIDERS!!!!!!!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes sister Crystal.....

I agree..... and some more buying overseas properties ARE NOT subsized by them and so wat make them have the rights to restrict us? Not that I have money to buy la.....

And HDB is public housing.... it is just SO SO SO disgusting that we even hve to pay property TAX for it..... whole LOAD of ^(#$&*%($@&$@( .......

haha , u arleady bought one in jb liao ....
haiz , what to do , papies asked us to do what we will do , we wont go on strike on e streets leh .... haha

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most probably someone ( your neighbour ) sabo you. He may see foreign workes or pretty PRC sexy girls entering and leaving your HDB and was jealous about it
HDB enforcement team works only when leads are given.

Possible, as my tenant was Malaysians and the neighbourhood disliked them. Anyway, my neighourhood is a fussy people, like to gossip and complain. sigh

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possible, as my tenant was Malaysians and the neighbourhood disliked them. Anyway, my neighourhood is a fussy people, like to gossip and complain. sigh

malaysians tenants are usually quite ok one leh , jus that they like to rent the whole house and all the relatives and friends stay together so that each of them paying less rentals ...

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi brothers,

am new here and need some help.

To buy a jb property, do i need to open a savings/current account with the same bank that the loan is from?

Do I TT the money to the same savings/ current account to service the loan monthly?

What is the 1) easiest (convenience) and 2) cheapest (best conversion rate) to TT the SGD to Ringgit?

muncheah

Alfrescian
Loyal

many thanks for your great help.
we still strugerring to move this step or not, we got this thinking due to plan my son (5 years old) go to Marlborough college instead go to SIN primary school (too stress) in next 2 years.
Who can tell me is Marlborough college education is better than SIN primary school, i really have no idea how to decide on my son future.:confused::*::rolleyes:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
we still strugerring to move this step or not, we got this thinking due to plan my son (5 years old) go to Marlborough college instead go to SIN primary school (too stress) in next 2 years.
Who can tell me is Marlborough college education is better than SIN primary school, i really have no idea how to decide on my son future.:confused::*::rolleyes:
SIN Primary school is almost like free. How much is Marlborough college and what are their specialties?

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi brothers,

am new here and need some help.

To buy a jb property, do i need to open a savings/current account with the same bank that the loan is from?

Do I TT the money to the same savings/ current account to service the loan monthly?

What is the 1) easiest (convenience) and 2) cheapest (best conversion rate) to TT the SGD to Ringgit?

I believe Yes to your first 2 questions.
I am using remittance companies like Wealthgate in AMK Central.
Exchange rate is typically better than money changer but they have $10 fixed commission.

But I think not practical to TT each month for the installment. Your cost of transaction would be $120 or RM300 per year. A lot of time spent also to visit the TT company.
Better to take a current account linked flexi-loan, put in maybe 1-2years worth of installment into the account and let it be deducted.
The loan principal used to calculate interest is reduced by the balance in the account so it helps to save interest cost too.
It is better to have enough reserve to pay a few years of installments anyway.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe SIN schools have quite good standard and it is highly subsidized for Singaporeans. Stress is part of life and a fact of life.
Actually, I don't think the kids feel stress becos of attending the SIN school.
It is the parents who exert the pressure on the kids and expect them to be at the top that creates the stress.
If parents can accept their kids to be below average in class, which definitely 50% of the kids will be, then there would not be so much stress.

As I plan for my kids to attend Singapore universities if possible, I think attending Singapore schools are crucial.
Just my 2 cents.

muncheah

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIN Primary school is almost like free. How much is Marlborough college and what are their specialties?

Agree with you sg primary school is almost free. but I don't really like the education system, maybe I'm wrong because I have only 1 son.
Marlborough college is very expensive, the lowest fee is rm57k/year. Below is the link about Marlborough college
http://www.marlboroughcollegemalaysia.org/about/masters-introduction/
I planned to visit their opening on 22sep to understand more.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe SIN schools have quite good standard and it is highly subsidized for Singaporeans. Stress is part of life and a fact of life.
Actually, I don't think the kids feel stress becos of attending the SIN school.
It is the parents who exert the pressure on the kids and expect them to be at the top that creates the stress.
If parents can accept their kids to be below average in class, which definitely 50% of the kids will be, then there would not be so much stress.

As I plan for my kids to attend Singapore universities if possible, I think attending Singapore schools are crucial.
Just my 2 cents.

Come on , the root of the problem is from the Gov . There is an invisible 20% line that determine the have and have not . The future will be top 20% get to Uni , get the top jobs , get to stay in condo , get to own a car . Hence if you are below the 50% , most likely you need to work extra hard or extra lucky to do well .

Status
Not open for further replies.