• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfazed by car break-in

Zul Othman

Tue, Jul 10, 2012
The New Paper

Mr Fahmi Rais, 45, who lives closer to Johor Baru, is not worried about crime.

His 4,000 sq ft home - which he bought 18 months ago for RM550,000 - sits in the suburb of Taman Daya, a 20-minute drive from the Woodlands checkpoint.

The managing director of communications company Raistar Media sold his condominium unit in Geylang for $820,000 last year after his family fell in love with the Taman Daya house.

He now lives in the sprawling Johor house with wife Sulaimah Abdul Kadir, 36, and their four children, three of whom are studying in schools in the eastern part of Singapore.

Commuting to Singapore each day is not a problem for the family, he says.

Says Mr Fahmi, who was the vice-president of Malay TV channel Suria until 2007: "I love my home, even if my place is not guarded or gated."

He says: "We have alarm systems installed so I can sleep in peace but my car was broken into recently."

Still, he adds: "Honestly, I have only myself to blame for that break-in because I parked my car outside my house.

"As long you don't create an environment for criminals, you don't have to worry about living here."

At a press conference on Sunday, Johor police chief Deputy Commissioner Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff told reporters that in the first half of this year, there were 216 crime cases committed against Singaporeans.

Last year, there were 400 such cases, he added.

But he pointed out that there are about 2 million Singaporean visitors to Johor Baru each month and these cases affected only a small fraction of the visitors.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting article on secondary property market...maybe should hold back bullets and be patient...

Secondary market on edge

COUNTDOWN: All eyes are on September as a convergence of factors come together to determine the direction of our real estate market, in particular the secondary market

Malaysian secondary market is still moving very slowly.

September may be a watershed month for property buyers and investors as a convergence of factors emerges which will set the tone and direction of the real estate market in the coming months. In particular, if the cooling measures by Bank Negara remain, the secondary market might be adversely affected which might eventually affect the entire economy, said Gavin Tee, a property consultant during an exclusive interview with NST RED.

“The situation is dire as many people have had their loan applications rejected as banks are now assigning a lower or more conservative valuation to properties and thus offering lower loan amounts that are based on the lower valuation irrespective of the purchase price. This has resulted in the purchaser having to fork out more to make up for the difference which in many cases they can’t resulting in their having to withdraw their applications,” Tee explained.

Continue:
http://www.nst.com.my/red/secondary-market-on-edge-1.103205

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strangely enough why are all the people interviewed above Malays..

What are you alluding to?

Hussein Sayyeed is Bangladeshi.
And I wonder what makes you think Santhanaraj whose wife is called Patricia is a Malay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes he is really wealthy, maybe a toe in perharps?
Suddenly reminds me of this song:

You put your right foot in,
You put your right foot out;
You put your right foot in,
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey-Pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

Hilarious!

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal

And I wonder what makes you think Santhanaraj whose wife is called Patricia is a Malay.

<Translated> Do not get mad friends, there are some people, his eyes or his brain should be checked. Hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Peace sir, i know 2bfree(or at least i think so).
Likely he just missed it out and just remarked.

Very direct and blunt person but no offence meant i am sure.
One of those rare people who are still honest and direct.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<Translated> Do not get mad friends, there are some people, his eyes or his brain should be checked. Hahaha.

Tere will always be people whos envious of other race. He should go to Bt Indah. See whos the majority race tere!

We have enough of troll lurking here.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Need to seek advise from all people here. I post it somewhere but no advise given, so have to re-post again. My brother had placed RM5000 to book a unit from the developer last few months. Sale executive said that it was fully refundable earlier on during deposit, and then 3 days later wanted for a refund. Sale exec said must write in, depend on management, must state good reason to justify, require supporting doc and all nonsense..etc. BTW, he is being assigned to work oversea soon and decided to cancel on the booking. Just yesterday, he told me that the management agreed to pay him 50% only, RM2500. Anyone can comment on whether it is fair? I personally feel that the developer shall refund fully as he has a strong reason and nothing is signed eg .S&P, etc. I'm assisting him to bring up the issue to Home Buyer Tribunal, but wonder is there any help.

Advise pls. Thank you.

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
I posted a comment earlier but somehow it didn't show... so here I go again...

With regards to defects.. I think we should not be too particular about it... If developer can solved it, ok. Good.
If developer cannot solve it, then we just got to think of ways to solve it and life carries on.

Issues like Algae by ur "garden patch", I think it's part and parcel of nature. U can expect things to be brand new through out.

My wife and I brought a showhouse unit. Our bedrooms door weren't even a proper door but developer told us he will get them replace for a proper door before handing over to us.

Our living room sofa was white and now, it's not as white as before. Did we mind? Nope.
I guess for the price that we are paying in MY as compared to Singapore, we are already a bunch of lucky ones. So long the roof doesn't leak water when it's rain, @ least I am proud to say, I have a roof over my head for myself and my family for this generation and for the many more generation to come by...

Also, just to share something with those friends who are still considering if they shld get a property in MY. Here's what a property agent recently share with me...

He said.. Many people say, I will get a property when the price goes down...

So he always tell these people.... If u think the price will go down.. Why don't you sell your exisiting property now? So when the market crashes, you can buy back your property. In that way, you will earn $$

But many people won't do that because no one wants your property price to drop...

So the only way for Sg property price to go is up... and when we true pinkish singaporean cannot afford sg property anymore... everyone will go into MY and buy their properties there... :smile:

Just my 1 cent worth of though.. hee..

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB just announced this. Good for Singaporeans who would have less competitors for rental and sales of HdB flats. That might even make these SPR consider JB properties.

Under the revised rule, SPR flat owners will be allowed to sublet their flat after meeting the MOP, if they have not sublet the flat before. The approval will be granted for 1 year only, instead of 3 years. Upon expiry of the 1-year period, the application to extend the approval will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and approval will be granted only if there are extenuating reasons. The total period of subletting during the flat owners' entire duration of the flat ownership is capped at 5 years.

The revised rule is to reinforce the policy intent of providing HDB flats as homes to SPRs, and to deter those who are buying the flats for rental yield or investment. While HDB allows SPR owners who have met the MOP to sublet their flat, the subletting should be on a temporary basis. If the SPR families no longer need the flats for their own occupation, they should sell the flat instead of subletting them.

There will be no change to the subletting rules for flat owners who are Singapore citizens.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Need to seek advise from all people here. I post it somewhere but no advise given, so have to re-post again. My brother had placed RM5000 to book a unit from the developer last few months. Sale executive said that it was fully refundable earlier on during deposit, and then 3 days later wanted for a refund. Sale exec said must write in, depend on management, must state good reason to justify, require supporting doc and all nonsense..etc. BTW, he is being assigned to work oversea soon and decided to cancel on the booking. Just yesterday, he told me that the management agreed to pay him 50% only, RM2500. Anyone can comment on whether it is fair? I personally feel that the developer shall refund fully as he has a strong reason and nothing is signed eg .S&P, etc. I'm assisting him to bring up the issue to Home Buyer Tribunal, but wonder is there any help.

Advise pls. Thank you.

I got a full refund but that is probably because I booked 2 but bought only one of them.
Although I think you should follow the terms and conditions as stated in the deposit documentation, I believe you have a case as it's only 3 days. Don't we have a 7 days cooling off period rule for most things we purchase, if I'm not mistaken?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi everyone,

Just to share something I've realised today which will benefit Everyone here.
For TT to Malaysia, you'll get better rate if you TT to Malaysia's local bank (eg Maybank, Public Bank) than if you TT to a foreign bank in Malaysia(eg UOB My, St. Chart My, HSBC My)

Eg. Today's rate at Parkway;
TT to UOB Malaysia - 2.496
TT to Maybank Malaysia - 2.501

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahaha, who says it's difficult to make money? My $2000 became $5000 in just one minute today. Just go to a money changer near you :biggrin:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

Just to share something I've realised today which will benefit Everyone here.
For TT to Malaysia, you'll get better rate if you TT to Malaysia's local bank (eg Maybank, Public Bank) than if you TT to a foreign bank in Malaysia(eg UOB My, St. Chart My, HSBC My)

Eg. Today's rate at Parkway;
TT to UOB Malaysia - 2.496
TT to Maybank Malaysia - 2.501

hi bro

really ah then wah its almost 50c difference....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi,

Advise pls. Thank you.

You definitely should have a case. Go to the developer and just use the company letter for the overseas posting to show them.
At most a developer should take out 500 RM to 1k RM for admin fees but thats it. 50% is too much especially when nothing have been
signed. If you informed just 3 days after, it should even be 100%.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I posted a comment earlier but somehow it didn't show... so here I go again...

With regards to defects.. I think we should not be too particular about it... If developer can solved it, ok. Good.
If developer cannot solve it, then we just got to think of ways to solve it and life carries on.

Issues like Algae by ur "garden patch", I think it's part and parcel of nature. U can expect things to be brand new through out.

My wife and I brought a showhouse unit. Our bedrooms door weren't even a proper door but developer told us he will get them replace for a proper door before handing over to us.

Our living room sofa was white and now, it's not as white as before. Did we mind? Nope.
I guess for the price that we are paying in MY as compared to Singapore, we are already a bunch of lucky ones. So long the roof doesn't leak water when it's rain, @ least I am proud to say, I have a roof over my head for myself and my family for this generation and for the many more generation to come by...

Also, just to share something with those friends who are still considering if they shld get a property in MY. Here's what a property agent recently share with me...

He said.. Many people say, I will get a property when the price goes down...

So he always tell these people.... If u think the price will go down.. Why don't you sell your exisiting property now? So when the market crashes, you can buy back your property. In that way, you will earn $$

But many people won't do that because no one wants your property price to drop...

So the only way for Sg property price to go is up... and when we true pinkish singaporean cannot afford sg property anymore... everyone will go into MY and buy their properties there... :smile:

Just my 1 cent worth of though.. hee..

Everything has its own pros and cons but some places more value on things which matters to them. Some will not act because of interest rates, some because of crime, yet others because of algae or even mosquitoes. No right or wrong. Anyway life is too short for me to be constantly worrying about this or that.

I just feel sad for some people, i know one person didn't want to go on an overseas trip just because one of the nights he couldn't get a no smoking room. Just 1 night out of 2 straight weeks. In the end, he complained endlessly and regretted it but what we can we say? I was even prepared to swap my room with his but he wanted a higher floor as well.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB just announced this. Good for Singaporeans who would have less competitors for rental and sales of HdB flats. That might even make these SPR consider JB properties.

Under the revised rule, SPR flat owners will be allowed to sublet their flat after meeting the MOP, if they have not sublet the flat before. The approval will be granted for 1 year only, instead of 3 years. Upon expiry of the 1-year period, the application to extend the approval will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and approval will be granted only if there are extenuating reasons. The total period of subletting during the flat owners' entire duration of the flat ownership is capped at 5 years.

The revised rule is to reinforce the policy intent of providing HDB flats as homes to SPRs, and to deter those who are buying the flats for rental yield or investment. While HDB allows SPR owners who have met the MOP to sublet their flat, the subletting should be on a temporary basis. If the SPR families no longer need the flats for their own occupation, they should sell the flat instead of subletting them.

There will be no change to the subletting rules for flat owners who are Singapore citizens.

Finally...but will this be enough to cool down the HDB subsale market??
Why not just prevent SPR from buying instead, HDB should be ONLY for Singaporean...hmmm....
And will JB gain from this? I would certainly think so.

The link is here... http://www.todayonline.com/Hotnews/...nauthorised-subletting,-revises-rules-for-PRs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.