• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: HDB rental

I see , thanks for valuable info . Quite a hassle even to rent out a flat that is rightfully yours.

Aiayah bro where got rightfully ours. Its leased to us for 99yrs only :smile:. As lessee we hv to abide with all the grandfather rules n regulation. Cannot do this cannot do that. Flout this then u hv to p.a.p.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Agents' commission

Yes, rather to take the risk rather then never try at all. (Not talking about love, but in general)
There is never 100% in this world, ok i concede, other than death and taxes.

Some people who may die before 30 but have lived their lives to the fullest.
Some live to old age of 100 but have done nothing exciting or worthwhile in
their lives.

Worse, they were never happy because they were afraid of pursuing happiness.

Could not agree more. I feel that one needs to do enough homework and makes as good an evaluation of the odds as one can. Then if the net expected gain seems good enough, the plunge and let nature takes over.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Feel sorry for you, I was in your shoes in 2009/2010 3 accidents in 12 months.

All 3 at turning right. One of them is similar to yours.

The crown went to the last one, fella beat the red light and hit the side of my car till it spun 180 degrees and air bags activated.

I stopped driving for a month to avoid the "suay"

I am not exactly a superstitious person. But when one is hit with a series of bad lucks in a short interval, I think it would be wise to do as little as possible for a some time as you said.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you guys/gals for your concerns , this morning just went to report insurance company ....workshop says it will costs $350 to repair .....
i will not repair first as they collected $2 from me to check the last alaphaet of the lorry plate and will let insurance company to send letter...
I know no chance la coz the other party can claim that he didnt drive along that road etc.
Stupid lorry car plate : GY4917 , dun let me see u in woodlands again .

Take care Crystal, most important no injuries.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True for the 100% loan. Only Offered by Bank Simpanan Nasional for msian only if not mistaken.

Hmmm....those WP/EP really have to depend on tiny red dot economy. The moment latter in recession mode or any other financial crisis (Greek for eg), I dread to tink of their consequences...matters on loan repayment especially.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ordered some furniture from two JB furniture shops and was chit chatting with the Malaysian sales persons. Coincidentally both have worked in SG before and both said they are very happy to return to work in JB. One said due to age, the other said due to stress.

They said it is very relax to work in JB, serving only two or three walk in customers a day and can meet target already. Other time just sit down and relax. Btw one if them said her salary is Rm5k and with some profit sharing and her lorry driver is paid more than Rm3k.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is it true Msian juz need to dep M$1k to pur a property and can borrow 100% loan?

Hi bro whoami,

There are a few factors to consider:

1. Banks will only lend based on the financial aspects of the buyer. As in one will still need to be able to pass the bank criteria, minimum monthly salary to qualify.
2. They are still strict with the loan quantum generally and the wage/salary restricts some buyers to only specific developments
3. Its only for the first property, subsequent one will get lesser and the third one at 70%.
4. There are other types of properties, low cost, medium cost around with which people of different financial background can consider.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I see , thanks for valuable info . Quite a hassle even to rent out a flat that is rightfully yours.

Hi Jasonjst, the sad truth is:

1. We don't own it - We can be "evicted" out anytime if any rules are contravened. - What kind of house you "own" when you can be evicted?
2. We pay property tax but anything wrong with the unit, including leaks, falling windows are your problem alone.
3. Any property is subject to SERS and you have to apply and service a new loan all over again even if your unit has been paid up.
4. Hard to "downgrade", harder even to get another place after selling off ones place to take advantage of the "appreciation"

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I am not exactly a superstitious person. But when one is hit with a series of bad lucks in a short interval, I think it would be wise to do as little as possible for a some time as you said.

Agree, when i have days like that, the persistent streak in me makes me continue but some days i just want to hide in a hole. :(

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Jasonjst, the sad truth is:

1. We don't own it - We can be "evicted" out anytime if any rules are contravened. - What kind of house you "own" when you can be evicted?
2. We pay property tax but anything wrong with the unit, including leaks, falling windows are your problem alone.
3. Any property is subject to SERS and you have to apply and service a new loan all over again even if your unit has been paid up.
4. Hard to "downgrade", harder even to get another place after selling off ones place to take advantage of the "appreciation"

Really make me feel screwed , when I compare my JB home with my HDB . :mad:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got mine at less than 1.1 mil after discount. Bare means only basic like flooring and wiring done. Hope its useful.

Yes, I think around 1.1 mil is the market rate now. As you say Bare means only basic like flooring and wiring done, I see that most landed properties are of this standard unless showhouse or condo.

Status
Not open for further replies.