• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, first post here. What an interesting thread! Went to Bukit Indah for Setia's function yesterday (industrial property), and I am impressed by the developments there. My in-laws stay in Molek, so I hardly go to the western side. I am beginning to see why so many have bought HH, though its a bit late as we just bought a Terrace at Molek Haven. I understand SPRING is looking closely at offering SG companies, incentives for Iskandar region, so I am sure property prices will continue to rise.

Feel free to ask me on the good food in Tebrau, Molek or Permas Jaya area. I am more famiiar with those areas. Haha.....

Hi RedsYNWA,
welcome. I was condering if you could help me. I have been wanting to run my car on the EDL but not sure how to get on it. When coming from Causeway, along Jalan Tebrau, where to turn to get onto the EDL? Is before Jusco Tebrau ?

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
why don't anyone invest in REIT instead?
Many REITS now have yield around 8%-9% and the REIT could be a good portfolio such as Suntec City Malls.

Hi idaman,

Although this thread is about living in jb,

i will share with you that I was also thinking of this reit but I hesitate because >50% of suntec reit is invested in office spaces. We know where that is heading... if it goes too far south, the rental rates likely to be revised downwards and it means less dividends and less yields. My bigger worry is that since they were renovating & also building the MBFC, etc and then Europe started going sour, this reit might make a cash call on its investors... double whammy

you know, we always say keep bullets dry and go in when market turns south. But when we are in the gloomy environment, our jobs becomes less secure and we turn attention to our own job insecurities instead and then avoid making such capital expenditure as buying a house or even invest in the stockmarket.

I am your typical joe, always going "only if"....... :(

one exception is I sleep well with my investment in HH, done earlier because my intention is not for rental income but for retirement own use.

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, don't need to pay S$10 fee.
Yes there's a deposit limit of RM10k per day for foreigners' account. If your amount is more than RM10k, the remittance company will deposit RM10k for you per day.
No limit via some banks(eg. DBS) and remittance companies(eg. Travelex Global).
I think the reason is because DBS actually TT SGD to Malaysia instead of MYR. The bank in Malaysia will then convert the SGD to MYR based on their rate, thus no limit.

Thanks for the information.

Meaning that if i would to put 12k sing dollars with the remittance company, they would remit probably 10k for day 1 and 2k for day 2?..

So if they would to do that, would i incurred paying 2 times the administrative fee as well?..

no idea how the money changer / remittance works.
Therefore, who ever bought a house in JB and pay for it can enlighten me?

Thank you very much!!!

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

Meaning that if i would to put 12k sing dollars with the remittance company, they would remit probably 10k for day 1 and 2k for day 2?..

So if they would to do that, would i incurred paying 2 times the administrative fee as well?..

Thank you very much!!!

Bro. Another possibility is to 'buy' a ringgit cheque from one of the bros here.

i.e. you hand a cheque for SGD36K+ to the bro. Once cleared. The bro hands over RM86K+ cheque to you. The conversion rate will be based on bank's TT rate on that day. Must trust the bro la. Then give the bro a small token say $50 for the effort..

Any honest bro here with loads of RM willing to help?..haha.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro. Another possibility is to 'buy' a ringgit cheque from one of the bros here.

i.e. you hand a cheque for SGD36K+ to the bro. Once cleared. The bro hands over RM86K+ cheque to you. The conversion rate will be based on bank's TT rate on that day. Must trust the bro la. Then give the bro a small token say $50 for the effort..

lol...

what if the bro isnt honest? then im screwed!!

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol...

what if the bro isnt honest? then im screwed!!

too bad!..i just honest nia. no RM..haha.

seriously bro,...for me i use CIMB Singare link to CIMB Malaysia for all my transfers. Although their rates is not that fantastic, still acceptable. Also can check their rates online which is constantly updated. Everyday can trans online before 9pm. you can trans up to RM40K one shot (own and 3rd party).....Free some more. If need the monies, can trans back. RM10 nia if trans back from M'sia to Sing.

Sorry bros if i sound like i from CIMB..haha.

cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u reduce your "token" to 15 bucks, bro lglab might consider doing business with you haha ... He gotta pay 20 bucks for 2 remittances, so if u want business, 15 bucks is the way to go :p living and doing business in JB, new trend emerges :wink: lol

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSBC premier is better. No fees whatsoever if u transfer from a premier to another premier account any part in the world!

too bad!..i just honest nia. no RM..haha.

seriously bro,...for me i use CIMB Singare link to CIMB Malaysia for all my transfers. Although their rates is not that fantastic, still acceptable. Also can check their rates online which is constantly updated. Everyday can trans online before 9pm. you can trans up to RM40K one shot (own and 3rd party).....Free some more. If need the monies, can trans back. RM10 nia if trans back from M'sia to Sing.

Sorry bros if i sound like i from CIMB..haha.

cheers.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's MYR10k per day, not SGD10k.
Yes, 1st day MYR10k, 2nd day MYR10k and so on.

No it's still free if I'm not wrong for amount above SGD10k(for the money changers in Parkway). They earn the profit from the exchange rate I guess. Maybe you can call them to check.

Money Changers cum remittance companies in Parkway Parade.
Sino - 6440 2504
Yakadir - 6344 9652
EverPeace - 6440 2553 / 6440 2757

Remittance companies.
Money World Asia http://www.moneyworld.com.sg/ - 6221 1755
Raffles Money Change PL (also a money changer) http://www.raffles1.net/index.asp - 6538 0080 / 6536 6800
Travelex Global Business Payment http://www.travelexbusiness.com/sg/ - 6494 8222

Thank you very much!!!

No problem.

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
A question on renting out:

Must we go through a property agent? Anyone has done rental by themselves?
Thinking whether can save on agent fees. A colleague of mine said he advertised himself, and got a tenant.
But we'll need guidance on how to draw up tenancy agreement.
I also heard we will be taxed 26% on rental income, for stamped tenancy agreements. So if you can go unstamped, it will be to your benefit.
But usually for corporate rentals, they will need to get it stamped, so cannot "siam". But corporate also more reliable when it comes to payment, less chance of delay or default.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's MYR10k per day, not SGD10k.
Yes, 1st day MYR10k, 2nd day MYR10k and so on.

No it's still free if I'm not wrong for amount above SGD10k(for the money changers in Parkway). They earn the profit from the exchange rate I guess. Maybe you can call them to check.

Money Changers cum remittance companies in Parkway Parade.
Sino - 6440 2504
Yakadir - 6344 9652
EverPeace - 6440 2553 / 6440 2757

Remittance companies.
Money World Asia http://www.moneyworld.com.sg/ - 6221 1755
Raffles Money Change PL (also a money changer) http://www.raffles1.net/index.asp - 6538 0080 / 6536 6800
Travelex Global Business Payment http://www.travelexbusiness.com/sg/ - 6494 8222

No problem.

their customer service through the phone sucks.

because i dont understand them and they understand me..

i think i will go down and look for them..

pretty far for me, cus i stayed in the north west...

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
can anyone who is very free to break the information of the Living in JB thread 1 and thread 2 into sub category for easier reference?

For example , if anyone would want to find 1 information, he gonna read through all the threads and i doubt can find the information he needs..

bro wuji, dont u think this is better for the mass?

IMHO..

Tyvm...

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
can anyone who is very free to break the information of the Living in JB thread 1 and thread 2 into sub category for easier reference?

Aiyo bro, u asked like that.. everyone will said i am not free la. If he/she does it then that means he is always very free lor.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo bro, u asked like that.. everyone will said i am not free la. If he/she does it then that means he is always very free lor.

some posts u can just ignore .... some ppl still wan to be spoon feed , we are all trying to categorise it liao ....
some just come n take info and never share info ... aiyoyo !!!

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
some posts u can just ignore .... some ppl still wan to be spoon feed , we are all trying to categorise it liao ....
some just come n take info and never share info ... aiyoyo !!!

I try to categories when i got time lor.
800 over pages for the thread 1 leh..

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
how are u going to categorize it within this forum thread?
i think teck's forum is good.. already categorized, and can customize further when needed, such as creating new topic, and sticky for good info..

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually a lot of professional info can be obtained from the professionals themselves (bankers, agents, sales, lawyers, taxman). I find it better to consult them directly sometimes because they have all the updated information and different companies may operate differently. A bank's policy may change frequently as do their service. Not that I think everyone has time to visit the bank or law firm frequently, but I think once you have decided to commit a sum of money, it is your responsibility to consult whoever is in charge of the service. A simple email or call can make all the difference.

as with procedures, facts and figures, opinions may become outdated too. For example if we think a bank's service is not up to standard, or a particular development is not good in the past when we discussed, it might be different now.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
how are u going to categorize it within this forum thread?
i think teck's forum is good.. already categorized, and can customize further when needed, such as creating new topic, and sticky for good info..

I think what LGlab meant was to find specific posts, quote the post and repost it under a new topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.