• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks a lot for the very detailed description. Believe will be able to find with these details!

I have been using the so-called shortcut for more than 1.5 years liao. But traffic has been building up, and many people know it, so i wont really consider it a 'shortcut' anymore. Overall, weekend traffic has been bad 'cos an entire lane (the extreme right lane) has ostensibly been closed for 'renovation' for 3-4 weeks liao. Though I have not been seeing any 'renovation' done.

The customs people really need to work on efficiency of customs clearance for Iskandar to really take off. I noticed Mal customs have been following the SG practice of closing lanes to a single lane or 2, which makes the jam worse. Hopefully 3rd link n MRT can be sorted out by 2018, as promised.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Pretty happy day today, brought a neighbour for a good lunch as it was because of him that i bought a condo unit. Was also the first time in years i had lunch before 1pm. Most of my lunch time is always 4pm and even then irregular.

Took my wife and kids after work to visit relatives and see Nusa Duta's standards for the new clusters (i bought one unit) there. Seems to be doing quite well. Curious neighbours came and asked and to see if we were willing to sell as they were pretty impressed with the new design, it has alarms, already installed etc. Even existing owners are getting their relatives to buy and one kind local lady even commented she asked her brother to buy but he laughed at her saying that Johore will never go up to above 350k. She told of another one who even promised to cut off part of his body should her cluster house in Nusa Duta be one day worth 600k.

Such was the expectations back then, even a learned friend, when he was reading through the very first post was laughing at how things have changed. He is likely to buy a cluster from the developer directly but i also introduced him to Nusa Sentral as well as others to give him more choices.

Finally got vindicated today. A friend of my relatives went to buy the condo unit and he did not enjoy any discount at all so at least i sincerely hope that everyone now realised i did not bring anyone in for any kick backs. Again, please learn from my mistakes, continue to help others but do be careful when introducing or the length of assistance lest they mistaken your overzealousness/helpfulness for you having ulterior motives.

As a very learned old friend once told me, those who do not commit adultery do not suspect others of committing adultery. Hence people who recommend condos and commercial to me, i never will think they take anything too.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This looks positive for Iskandar doesn't it. Presently, if my memory serves me right, the schools going to Educity are mostly English and Singapore. I think there is a Dutch institute too. The Aussies are notable absentees.

But with this FTA, hopefully it will serve as an impetus to Australian institutions to base some of their centres of learning in Iskandar, away from traditional locations like KL/Petaling Jaya.

Yes it is, even the feel amongst some of the guys i met in Nusa Duta today were very good. Met up with quite a few today there, some are from out of town but still locals (just outside Johore/KL/Penang)and they are all pretty happy to have made the move here so its not only Singaporeans coming out here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I've visited NS (Nusa Sentral) earlier before placing the booking fee on HH the green. Location wise I find it not that bad. About house design, I must agree that they FULLY utilize the space (look at the land size - 20' x 70' or 22' x 70' with such a build-up area). Then later that I found out that it is the carpark space that they squeezed it to become shorter. It is quite hard to notice when I visited the show house as there is no fence nor gate to show you how the real unit will be, so just remember to take note about it.

Also I guess previously there were some issue with their 'G&G' terms which was widely discussed previously, not sure what is the status now. I personally prefer NI over NS thou. :smile:

Yes, agree, if its just based mainly on pricing, probably NS. Of course other development have also other features which may be better but for purely own stay, i think it will be ok. They have also clarified on the g&g thing when i was there with a learned friend so he is now thinking of either HH cluster or 2 of these in NS.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thxs Wuqi,
Yes, I too think got to hurry before we start to see huge influx esp from the west soon.

Thanks, we should do so before the gates closed for good, hence getting my last units.
Again, i am in here for the long haul, and Johore is best if its for own stay. Even those
who PM me, i will always recommend to buy for own stay as main consideration.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi crumpler, I replied to your last one already as you sent several? Can you resent if its important? Thanks

Last edited:

crumpler_white

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all forum mates..

currently, decide to take my first step..

anyway, pardon me if i am not of equal level with any of u in terms of anything...

just wish to contribute something back..

i have one question or one doubt.. many people are waiting for singapore and malaysia to build a MRT system to JB. from there, many will wait [till the MRT is completely built] to buy properties there.. however, they expect prices will drop cos [by then] many lands would have been released.. hence, i wonder will property price drop really low [to before 2006 level or before 2005 level. Or perhaps it will just increase to KL properties price level or outside KL properties (2.4 to 10KM From KL) price level..].

feel free to discuss.. i am not sure if this is a good one that i post [perhaps someone has posted before ; sorry, i still haven't finish reading all the posts as reading too much gives me headache] hope it helps dispel any..

Last edited:

crumpler_white

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi wuqi,

i thought i have sent the message but the system doesn't allow me to send super long message.. hence, i have to send it separately in part 1 and part 2... anyway, sorry..

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi all forum mates..

anyway, pardon me if i am not of equal level with any of u in terms of anything...

i have one question or one doubt.. many people are waiting for singapore and malaysia to build a MRT system to JB. from there, many will wait [till the MRT is completely built] to buy properties there.. however, they expect prices will drop cos [by then] many lands would have been released.. hence, i wonder will property price drop really low [to before 2006 level or before 2005 level. Or perhaps it will just increase to KL properties price level or outside KL properties (2.4 to 10KM From KL) price level..].

feel free to discuss.. i am not sure if this is a good one that i post (perhaps someone has posted before.. hope it helps dispel any..

I think everyone wants to hear from you, everyone is on even ground here. Good questiobs to ponder and to discuss. Keep it coming!!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Glad you are enjoying things and the fruits of your labour. Yes, back then so many people were getting out while i was the foolish one(getting in)
Everyone was against it except an Italian friend and my father in law. It was primarily because of one of their remarks and my father in law's pushing (both i respect greatly) that i decided to very reluctantly look at things here. How things have changed.

Shared this with others in my course and one of them even laughed at me as she has a semi d which her grandmother passed to them and they were desperately selling. When i came out here and got to know a local neighbour, agents were trying to get him sell his semi-d for less than 300k in an old estate. I gave him my 2 cents worth and guaranteed to buy from him (back then limit was still RM 250k) should it fail to appreciate as i like the place as well. Luckily he listened and today its worth about 400k.

Really grateful to the good bros who trusted me enough despite others strong exhortation to do otherwise. Respect and kudos, thankfully they aren't doing too badly here. Some have even gone the next step to set up companies and bought commercial units.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Busy morning with work and a lot of bad news workwise on a number of things. Tough morning.

Just got a breather, tempted to be kay poh one last time, 2 developments i know, just using a name can get 10k discount.

Was talking with a friend who we should call the developers and claim all those registered today are under so and so to
grant them the 10k discount.

Wonder how would buyers feel if suddenly they need to pay 10k less. Would they believe it or think somehow there is an angle?
All it takes is a phone call to make someones days but i know 10k is peanuts for many people here (certainly not for me though)
the lessons i have been through the past few days suggest that people will think the other way if you make it cheaper for them.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got one banker friend in spore who stay with her rich parents in bukit timah semi d. When i mentioned that i bought semis at singapore dollars 300k in east ledang and hh, she said i was dumb as my houses value will either be the same after 10 years or that it will be another deserted estate.

No need 10 years. Less than 5 years and now semis are selling for singapore dollars 700k and i dont see any deserted taman yet. Its getting pretty much congested though. Last night i took a cool ride around hh at 10pm..one can simply jog from gateway to golf, slowly to clubhouse in the dark errie night but it will be very safe. No cars, no traffic to disturb the jog. It is an oasis. The air is very very cooling and fresh as the jungles are all around u

As a Singaporean, I must admit that we are pretty trapped by business models and asset appreciation trends that are largely local. Not that it is wrong but there are just so many ways to approach a mountain of opportunity. We have not allowed our minds to accept that.

News has just surfaced that our inflation rate has reached a 4-month high of 5.4% and I don't see that abating. The Government does not agree with the 'shock therapy' advocated by Prof Lim but have started to raise the wages of bus drivers, policemen, etc. SMEs have also come out to proclaim the need for higher salaries. Costs are spiralling and inflation will raise its ugly through and through.

The search for value and the urge to seek costs diffusion will impact on many and become very important.

1. Savy smart expatriates are moving across the causeway to multiply their allowances.
2. Rent-conscious Singaporean PRs from Malaysians are choosing to buy properties where the Causeway (CW) buses ply.
3. SMEs in Singapore suffer from the push for land intensification and seeing that their relocated low-tech factories cannot go anywhere because they are not hi-tech/clean-tech ones that JTC/URA are seeking.

However, a great many are still waiting out in the slow-cooking pot.

I am interested to see how this pans out.

But agree with Wuqi that the first priority is for homestay and investment a distant second.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
As a Singaporean, I must admit that we are pretty trapped by business models and asset appreciation trends that are largely local. Not that it is wrong but there are just so many ways to approach a mountain of opportunity. We have not allowed our minds to accept that.

News has just surfaced that our inflation rate has reached a 4-month high of 5.4% and I don't see that abating. The Government does not agree with the 'shock therapy' advocated by Prof Lim but have started to raise the wages of bus drivers, policemen, etc. SMEs have also come out to proclaim the need for higher salaries. Costs are spiralling and inflation will raise its ugly through and through.

The search for value and the urge to seek costs diffusion will impact on many and become very important.

1. Savy smart expatriates are moving across the causeway to multiply their allowances.
2. Rent-conscious Singaporean PRs from Malaysians are choosing to buy properties where the Causeway (CW) buses ply.
3. SMEs in Singapore suffer from the push for land intensification and seeing that their relocated low-tech factories cannot go anywhere because they are not hi-tech/clean-tech ones that JTC/URA are seeking.

But agree with Wuqi that the first priority is for homestay and investment a distant second.

All good points, the past 2 years leading up to 2012 has been that of changes both good and bad. Especially global changes and surprises seems to be accelerating particularly this year. Always one to take my chances, i already have done all i could to increase my investments, will see how things pan out as well. :smile:

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its going to be very difficuit waiting for the mrt to come. It takes at least 5 years to build the mrt and the years will be unbearable trust me. Construction debris ans noise are a nuisance. If it is completed, i think it will be after 2020. Horizon hills could have all the various tamans ready, including the peak bungalows. I wont be surprised if terraces are selling for rm2 m by then

QUOTE=crumpler_white;1083110]hi all forum mates..

feel free to discuss.. i am not sure if this is a good one that i post [perhaps someone has posted before ; sorry, i still haven't finish reading all the posts as reading too much gives me headache] hope it helps dispel any..
[/QUOTE]

hmmmm....let's hope it will be sooner rather than later...

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...42m-johor-singapore-rapid-transit-link-study/

US company clinches US$42m Johor-Singapore rapid transit link study

By Lee Wei Lian

May 23, 2012

KUALA LUMPUR, May 23 – American urban planning consultancy AECOM has been given a US$42 million (RM130 million) contract to look into the design of the planned transit rail link between Singapore and Johor Baru.

The rail link was part of a series of projects initiated during the negotiations to hand over valuable Malaysian owned railway land in Singapore back to the republic.

The railway land deal signalled a warming of ties between the two countries and also paved the way for a series of co-investments in billion ringgit projects on both sides of the border.

The rail link is expected to bring about closer economic integration between Singapore and south Johor which includes the massive Iskandar Malaysia special development region and could further spur the development of the region.

The mass transit system would also make it easier for thousands of Malaysians who commute daily to work in Singapore.

AECOM said in an announcement that the contract was awarded by Malaysia’s Land Public Transport Commission and Singapore’s Land Transport Authority for an engineering study of the Malaysia-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link.

The study will determine the technical parameters and proposed options for a convenient and cost-effective system that is well-integrated with public transport services on both ends of the RTS Link.

“We are delighted to play a key role in this important transportation infrastructure project, which will help better connect commuters and visitors between Singapore and Malaysia,” said John M. Dionisio, AECOM chairman and chief executive officer in a statement.

AECOM is also the company involved in Kuala Lumpur’s multi-billion ringgit rehabilitation of the city’s waterways – called the River of Life project.

It is a Fortune 500 company and a global provider of professional technical and management support services in a broad range of areas, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Recent events seem to show that Europe is sleeping into political, financial and economical uncertainties again. China economic data also shows slowing of growth. While US data shows a mixed picture of the economic situation. Recent elections in Europe seem to indicate that there is a backlash against govt that are pushing twin policy of austerity and debt reductions, thus risking obliteration of the rescue efforts agreed and given so far, plunging Europe and the world into great great uncertainty once more. With this back drop of events, there are some real risk an investor may face. The situation may be 50-50 or even60-50 or 70-30 in investor favor but one must not forget to make allowance for one's capacity to absorb the 30-40% risk should it unfortunately happen. Just my 2 cts.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This looks positive for Iskandar doesn't it. Presently, if my memory serves me right, the schools going to Educity are mostly English and Singapore. I think there is a Dutch institute too. The Aussies are notable absentees.

But with this FTA, hopefully it will serve as an impetus to Australian institutions to base some of their centres of learning in Iskandar, away from traditional locations like KL/Petaling Jaya.

Yeah I read in the Chinese papers that as it is Australia is already their third largest trading partner, so this FTA should help to boost things further...hopefully the money earned will be distributed to everyone...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been using the so-called shortcut for more than 1.5 years liao. But traffic has been building up, and many people know it, so i wont really consider it a 'shortcut' anymore. Overall, weekend traffic has been bad 'cos an entire lane (the extreme right lane) has ostensibly been closed for 'renovation' for 3-4 weeks liao. Though I have not been seeing any 'renovation' done.

The customs people really need to work on efficiency of customs clearance for Iskandar to really take off. I noticed Mal customs have been following the SG practice of closing lanes to a single lane or 2, which makes the jam worse. Hopefully 3rd link n MRT can be sorted out by 2018, as promised.

I read in the other thread no need white card anymore from Jun 1, don't know whether still need to chop the passport? If no need to chop, next time no need to apply Macs even for those daily travellers...:rolleyes:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pretty happy day today, brought a neighbour for a good lunch as it was because of him that i bought a condo unit. Was also the first time in years i had lunch before 1pm. Most of my lunch time is always 4pm and even then irregular.

Took my wife and kids after work to visit relatives and see Nusa Duta's standards for the new clusters (i bought one unit) there. Seems to be doing quite well. Curious neighbours came and asked and to see if we were willing to sell as they were pretty impressed with the new design, it has alarms, already installed etc. Even existing owners are getting their relatives to buy and one kind local lady even commented she asked her brother to buy but he laughed at her saying that Johore will never go up to above 350k. She told of another one who even promised to cut off part of his body should her cluster house in Nusa Duta be one day worth 600k.

Such was the expectations back then, even a learned friend, when he was reading through the very first post was laughing at how things have changed. He is likely to buy a cluster from the developer directly but i also introduced him to Nusa Sentral as well as others to give him more choices.

Finally got vindicated today. A friend of my relatives went to buy the condo unit and he did not enjoy any discount at all so at least i sincerely hope that everyone now realised i did not bring anyone in for any kick backs. Again, please learn from my mistakes, continue to help others but do be careful when introducing or the length of assistance lest they mistaken your overzealousness/helpfulness for you having ulterior motives.

As a very learned old friend once told me, those who do not commit adultery do not suspect others of committing adultery. Hence people who recommend condos and commercial to me, i never will think they take anything too.

I have a fund manager friend, she said that when her relatives ask for investment tips, she will not entertain them...becos if they make money, she does not gain, but if they lose money, they will blame her...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.