• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi pai seh for the misunderstanding and thanks for the editions... anyway i was told by the agent from the developer that its was a joke he was pulling on me! Just move on!

He got a very good scolding from me afterall....

Thank you for your understanding, i knew that it was for sure a miscommunication between you and the agent.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Very soon, 700-800k new units in decent areas (G&G) will be the norm. One example, Bestari Heights entry price is now 700k. :eek:

Yes unfortunately, It is actually the norm right now, i see Nusa Sentral as one of the last good places where one can still get about 500k. (corner unit) 500 RM down as deposit to get things going. When HH is fully built up (all its precints), its actually right next to Nusa Sentral and with Nusa Sentral's new road linking to Nusa Idaman/HH as well as the other way to Medini/Kota Iskandar, its actually not that bad a choice for own stay. Units are typically 20-22x70 so its more suitable for smaller families.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Whoa, you have an excellent memory.

Yes after renting for a year, have decided to buy a terrace since I am staying on my own, no need for a larger place. Not the place I am renting though as it is the retirement home for my landlord who is ironically a SPR.

My new place is 1 street away and I have signed on the SPA and should be moving in a month's time or so. Going to be rather funny to move just a few hundred meters away as logistically, I am hesitating between doing it myself or negotiating a lower rate from the movers due to the short distance involved :smile:

Good choice to move there, how much did you get your unit for? 500-600k? Still asking around for a sis here. I would suggest to move it yourself if it is so nearby, just move it slowly especially as you are staying alone.

Darfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Folks,

have been reading this thread with interest for some time now and finally purchased a HH Inter-Terence about 3 months ago after 2 years of persuasion. Yes, should have made a better business case with my MOF(Wife) 2 years ago :smile:.

Hoping to join you folks in another 1.5 years time. Great thread!!!.

Regards,
Darfer

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Personally I may want to live in Nusa Sentral and rent out other units, esp those in HH. HH is surely a better place to stay but if anyone plans to retire early, the best is usually reserved for renting out for income while the retiree stays in a decent and humble little house.

Not many people are talking about Nusa Sentral and I seriously doubt the reason. Its so near to the highways and the melting pot of Kota Iskandar. Houses are relatively cheaper than neighbouring tamans and I meant seriously cheaper. It does sound like a decent place to retire if you say end lots are priced at RM 500K +

Yes still affordable and g&g plus deposit is still RM 500 down. It is a denser place but the houses are ok, some designs even appealed to a learned friend who knows houses well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Folks,

have been reading this thread with interest for some time now and finally purchased a HH Inter-Terence about 3 months ago after 2 years of persuasion. Yes, should have made a better business case with my MOF(Wife) 2 years ago :smile:.

Hoping to join you folks in another 1.5 years time. Great thread!!!.

Regards,
Darfer

Well done, congratulations on your purchase regardless where you bought, welcome to the family. :smile:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got PM.

Thing is I have some bulky stuff to move like sofa, fridge, hifi etc. thus not sure how to handle this if I do move it on my own. My rent a pickup for a day or two to handle it should I decide to go this route :smile:

Good choice to move there, how much did you get your unit for? 500-600k? Still asking around for a sis here. I would suggest to move it yourself if it is so nearby, just move it slowly especially as you are staying alone.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You got PM.

Thing is I have some bulky stuff to move like sofa, fridge, hifi etc. thus not sure how to handle this if I do move it on my own. My rent a pickup for a day or two to handle it should I decide to go this route :smile:

Ok i could send you an MPV to do it at no charge but sofa + fridge would be hard for it.
I also have a bad back so i cannot carry that much, not much help here. :(

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, it is OK, thanks for the offer though!

I also got bad back haha that's why leaning towards movers but they can be rough if you do not supervise closely!

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, it is OK, thanks for the offer though!

I also got bad back haha that's why leaning towards movers but they can be rough if you do not supervise closely!

Actually if it is on weekend afternoon and I happen to be around, I have no problem to contribute some muscle to help you with some items..

If you engage some contractor to help you with some renovation, they could be your source of truck and manpower too..

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks man but I have no renovation work at all, place is already done up by PO so just moving my barang barang.

Actually will do some spring cleaning beforehand and will have some stuff to give away like books, CDs, DVDs etc. if keen :smile:

Actually if it is on weekend afternoon and I happen to be around, I have no problem to contribute some muscle to help you with some items..

If you engage some contractor to help you with some renovation, they could be your source of truck and manpower too..

nicholas1213

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I may want to live in Nusa Sentral and rent out other units, esp those in HH. HH is surely a better place to stay but if anyone plans to retire early, the best is usually reserved for renting out for income while the retiree stays in a decent and humble little house.

Not many people are talking about Nusa Sentral and I seriously doubt the reason. Its so near to the highways and the melting pot of Kota Iskandar. Houses are relatively cheaper than neighbouring tamans and I meant seriously cheaper. It does sound like a decent place to retire if you say end lots are priced at RM 500K +

I've visited NS (Nusa Sentral) earlier before placing the booking fee on HH the green. Location wise I find it not that bad. About house design, I must agree that they FULLY utilize the space (look at the land size - 20' x 70' or 22' x 70' with such a build-up area). Then later that I found out that it is the carpark space that they squeezed it to become shorter. It is quite hard to notice when I visited the show house as there is no fence nor gate to show you how the real unit will be, so just remember to take note about it.

Also I guess previously there were some issue with their 'G&G' terms which was widely discussed previously, not sure what is the status now. I personally prefer NI over NS thou. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a bit tricky for me to describe because I only used it a few times and each time I found the way by trial and error. May be if you go google map and type CIQ JB to get the relevant map out on the screen, you could figure out what I am going to explain here.

If you are coming in to Pusat Bandaraya from coastal highway direction, then probably easier to get to the second CIQ entrance via the JB sentral way by going up the flyover(the one above the old JB check point). Remember not long ago when one drove from Sg using causeway and came out from the old Jb check point. One normally drove along the coast a short distance and made a U turn(near the post office) to go into Jln Wong Ah Fook. To get to the JB sentral CIQ entrance, you should not turn into JLn Wong Ah Fook but go straight up the fly-over until you come to a traffic light and turn left to JB sentral and proceed along until the end and turn right(there is a sign reading Bukit Chagar I think). Again I have not driven using this route but I took a walk around JB sentral after I parked in Jln Chagar and it seems to me that this is the way to get to JB sentral from the Jln Ibrahim side near the sea.

(Again, looking at the map would help) The other way is to find your way to Jln Storey in front of the abandoned Pacific Mall and Jln Chagar is a continuation from Jln Storey. Imagine you are coming out from CIQ from Sg and keeping left and driving towards Pusat Bandaraya, you will come across shell, B point and then Nufri Building. The small road btw B point and Nufri building leads to a traffic light by the side of abandoned PAcific Mall. On turning left, it is Jln Chagar leading to the second CiQ entrance.

I would caution just use my description as a guide to try find out yourself when you are not rushed for time. Sorry I could not be clearer. Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the very detailed description. Believe will be able to find with these details!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoa, you have an excellent memory.

Yes after renting for a year, have decided to buy a terrace since I am staying on my own, no need for a larger place. Not the place I am renting though as it is the retirement home for my landlord who is ironically a SPR.

My new place is 1 street away and I have signed on the SPA and should be moving in a month's time or so. Going to be rather funny to move just a few hundred meters away as logistically, I am hesitating between doing it myself or negotiating a lower rate from the movers due to the short distance involved :smile:

Haha I have selective memory, only remember the good things. Anyway, congrats!

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuji,
Thank you very much for your never ending recommendations and advices to this superb tread which I'm sure it really benefits many Singaporeans like me.

Regarding mm2h, is it true that they are going to raise the pre requisite soon? Maybe it's because more and more people are coming to this part of the world from the West. Do you think it is advisable to apply now? And will it be very troublesome to apply myself or better to use agents? Do you know what's their fees like?

Thanks bro.

Last edited by a moderator:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
DJ UPDATE: Malaysia, Australia Sign Free-Trade Agreement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Malaysia, Australia sign long-delayed free trade agreement

-- Trade agreement to come into force at start of next year

KUALA LUMPUR (Dow Jones)--Malaysia and Australia signed a free-trade pact Tuesday, highlighting a growing trend among Asian nations to strengthen regional trade ties to bolster growth amid dwindling demand from their traditional market strongholds in the West.

The signing of the agreement, which follows negotiations that stretch back to 2005, marks Malaysia's sixth bilateral free-trade agreement after it sealed similar pacts with countries including Japan, New Zealand and India. The agreement is scheduled to come into effect on Jan. 1, 2013.

The pact will scrap all tariffs on Malaysian exports to Australia and in return, Australian exporters will enjoy a tariff reduction of up to 99% by 2020. Some of the reductions given to Australia haven't been granted to any of Malaysia's other FTA partners.

"Under the accord, Australia will be as well-positioned in the Malaysian market as Malaysia's closest trading partners in Asean, and in some cases better," Australia Prime Minister Julia Gillard said in a statement.

Separately, Malaysia Minister of International Trade and Industry Mustapa Mohamed said trade between Malaysia and Australia is likely to show "significant improvement" in the years ahead. "This is because of the dramatic opening up of access to exporters from both sides that this agreement offers," he added.

Malaysia will also allow Australian companies to hold 100% of the equity in private higher-education services and telecommunications companies, and up to 70% of insurance and investment banking firms once the agreement is in effect, Mustapa said.

Australia said it would allow Malaysian participation in hospital services and help Malaysian companies set up traditional and complementary medicine services.

The bilateral trade pact "gives Australia a head start in capitalizing on Malaysia's future economic growth," HSBC Bank Australia Chief Executive Paulo Maia said in a statement.

Australia, whose nearly AS$1.5 trillion economy is about six times larger than Malaysia's, is among the Southeast Asian country's 12 largest trading partners, with total trade amounting to US$12.40 billion at the end of 2011. Malaysia was Australia's 10th-largest trading partner in 2011.

-By Jason Ng, Dow Jones Newswires; +603-2026-1233; [email protected]

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,
Thank you very much for your never ending recommendations and advices to this superb tread which I'm sure it really benefits many Singaporeans like me.

Regarding mm2h, is it true that they are going to raise the pre requisite soon? Maybe it's because more and more people are coming to this part of the world from the West. Do you think it is advisable to apply now? And will it be very troublesome to apply myself or better to use agents? Do you know what's their fees like?

Thanks bro.

I hope that they don't as i have some relatives who are now considering it now. Yes more and more people from all over are coming here unfortunately while we in neighbouring Singapore are still focused on crime, etc. Its not that troublesome, you can go to their website, just need spare cash to put in. Don't use agents whenever possible as its still doable by oneself.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/

Available in these languages beside English of course:
German | French | Italian l Arabic | Korean | Japanese | Russia

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
DJ UPDATE: Malaysia, Australia Sign Free-Trade Agreement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Malaysia, Australia sign long-delayed free trade agreement

-- Trade agreement to come into force at start of next year

KUALA LUMPUR (Dow Jones)--Malaysia and Australia signed a free-trade pact Tuesday, highlighting a growing trend among Asian nations to strengthen regional trade ties to bolster growth amid dwindling demand from their traditional market strongholds in the West.

The signing of the agreement, which follows negotiations that stretch back to 2005, marks Malaysia's sixth bilateral free-trade agreement after it sealed similar pacts with countries including Japan, New Zealand and India. The agreement is scheduled to come into effect on Jan. 1, 2013.

The pact will scrap all tariffs on Malaysian exports to Australia and in return, Australian exporters will enjoy a tariff reduction of up to 99% by 2020. Some of the reductions given to Australia haven't been granted to any of Malaysia's other FTA partners.

"Under the accord, Australia will be as well-positioned in the Malaysian market as Malaysia's closest trading partners in Asean, and in some cases better," Australia Prime Minister Julia Gillard said in a statement.

Separately, Malaysia Minister of International Trade and Industry Mustapa Mohamed said trade between Malaysia and Australia is likely to show "significant improvement" in the years ahead. "This is because of the dramatic opening up of access to exporters from both sides that this agreement offers," he added.

Malaysia will also allow Australian companies to hold 100% of the equity in private higher-education services and telecommunications companies, and up to 70% of insurance and investment banking firms once the agreement is in effect, Mustapa said.

Australia said it would allow Malaysian participation in hospital services and help Malaysian companies set up traditional and complementary medicine services.

The bilateral trade pact "gives Australia a head start in capitalizing on Malaysia's future economic growth," HSBC Bank Australia Chief Executive Paulo Maia said in a statement.

Australia, whose nearly AS$1.5 trillion economy is about six times larger than Malaysia's, is among the Southeast Asian country's 12 largest trading partners, with total trade amounting to US$12.40 billion at the end of 2011. Malaysia was Australia's 10th-largest trading partner in 2011.

-By Jason Ng, Dow Jones Newswires; +603-2026-1233; [email protected]

This looks positive for Iskandar doesn't it. Presently, if my memory serves me right, the schools going to Educity are mostly English and Singapore. I think there is a Dutch institute too. The Aussies are notable absentees.

But with this FTA, hopefully it will serve as an impetus to Australian institutions to base some of their centres of learning in Iskandar, away from traditional locations like KL/Petaling Jaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.