• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just arrived at HH Clubhouse and thought I would share this. Saw a corner bungalow at GOLF WEST that had Reno done. It is visible from the road leading to the clubhouse....... It was nice but what I saw shocked me. Had to stop the car and look very carefully not because the Reno DAZZLED ME but because of what my wife pointed out in shock to me........ The discussion we had here we had on security measures is literarily being taken on board ...... Laser or movement detectors on the surrounding garden pillars, spot lights, CCTV and get this CONCERTINA RAZOR wire along the garden walls:eek: :*: What is the owner thinking off??? The person has quite literarily SWITCHED on the spot not only on him/herself...... "I AM VERY RICH....... COME ROB ME..... OH, by the way my neighbor on my left and right WILL ALSO WELCOME attempts to break into their houses if you think mine will be too difficult to get in????????"

Come on guy/ girl ( directed at the house owner in case doesn't think it's meant for that person:rolleyes: ) the suggestion made here on this forum is merely in JEST / JOKING lah.......at least that's how I've been reading it..... what's next...... bobby traps, electrical fencing....... Probably a gun or better machine gun. This is not the suburbs of South Africa or some forsaken hellhole. This is a somewhat civilized place with neighbors who I am very sure DO NOT appreciate this some what tackless display of unfounded phobia. I think this person should sell up and move back to where it's safe and doesn't have to worry if the "rustling noise outside the house" is someone trying to break into the house to rob him/her of their "MILLIONS....... (of hairs.....). I bet the neighbors are going to "love" this character:mad: :mad: :*: WELCOME PLEASE DRAW MORE ATTENTION TO OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD........

I guess some people are in businesses where such security is absolutely necessary.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I attended a wedding dinner also at Beijing rest branch I think near taman johor jaya. The cocktail reception also offered oysters unfortunately oysters was finished up very fast before my turn. I remembered all the courses were great and plentiful. Also, the host was very generous with nice free flowing red wines. Easily the best wedding dinner I have attended so far.

Yeah must be good dinner they offer, the one i saw was also cocktail reception outside the banquet hall..Now that the Sutera car park infront partially closed, public walk past the restaurant to go to car park behind..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
A time for reflection indeed! I always learn from this very impactful speech from a former Coca-Cola CEO.

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them – work, family, health, friends and spirit … and you’re keeping all of these in the air.

You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls – family, health, friends and spirit – are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or evenshattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.

How?

Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.

Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.

Don’t take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.

Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.

Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Don’t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us to each together.

Don’t be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be pave.

Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible to find time. The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings!

Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going.

Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.

Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily.

Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved. Life is not a race, but a journey to be savoured each step of the way…

–Brian G. Dyson

President and CEO, Coca-Cola Enterprises during his speech at the Georgia Tech 172nd Commencement Address Sept. 6, 1996

I think what the Coca Cola CEO quoted in his speech is sufficient for individual happiness in a free society, but if there is something fundamentally wrong in the society in terms of socioeconomic and political environment, these alone will not be enough for happiness.

mervyn332

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passed by Sutera Mall Beijing Restaurant and there was a wedding dinner reception going on, saw the guests having big palm sized oysters as starters. Wow so luxurious, I attended many wedding dinners before including 5 star hotel ones and never see oysters being served as part of wedding dinner!

I attended the wedding. Yah. It was a luxury wedding. They served Abalone during the dinner too.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes i saw this as well with my relatives, we even swung by to the Fairways show flat carpark to get a closer look. IR sensors, motion activated lights as well as thin concertina wire. I think they just laid it very recently.
Anyone who needs such things probably need to reconsider living over here. When you have too much of one thing, sometimes it leads to the opposite effect aka "Sign with: This place does not have 300 taels of silver" :smile:

Seriously a bit over the top with this display. Looks like a house right out of a war zone during Vietnam war. Spoils the beauty of it, i would sell it off immediately if i don't feel safe living in a place like that where even the inner compound needs such reinforcement.

Other ways of securing it:

1. Electrifying all the fences and have back up gensets to power it in the event of a power trip but need to insulate IR sensors, etc first. Also need to add more sensors from the looks of it as well as UPS for lighting and spolights.
2. ...................Deleted all in case kids are reading.

This place should then be safe (at least for a while) from these type of DAILY common threats in Johore:

http://guysalienandpredatorsite.bravehost.com/myPictures/aliens.jpg
http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/aliens_vs__predator_game-wide.jpg
http://finkaboutit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/left4dead_zombies.jpg

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Diaspora,

Definitely agree, money is not everything, i just tell myself, by 40, i just want to be relaxing with my parents, wife and kids. Travelling around the world everytime they want, while i am still here, i will do my very best for them.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Grago, they don't have laser yet, only IR.

Lasers are mainly good for indoors but can be used for outdoors as well.

If i may, the laying of the concertina is abit wrong as well and laid by inexperienced contractor, its not properly anchored and the type use is too soft and thin.

There are also more than a few places that are more than inadequate but for the sake of the owner, i will not go much further.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So kiasu, kiasee... hope the owner is not singaporean.. The negative effect is like giving the singaporeans a slap in the face, confirming the general impression that we are very kiasu.. I am pretty sure most of us are not like that..

Yes i saw this as well wi faceth my relatives, we even swung by to the Fairways show flat carpark to get a closer look. IR sensors, motion activated lights as well as thin concertina wire. I think they just laid it very recently.
Anyone who needs such things probably need to reconsider living over here. When you have too much of one thing, sometimes it leads to the opposite effect aka "Sign with: This place does not have 300 taels of silver" :smile:

Seriously a bit over the top with this display. Looks like a house right out of a war zone during Vietnam war. Spoils the beauty of it, i would sell it off immediately if i don't feel safe living in a place like that where even the inner compound needs such reinforcement.

1. Electrifying all the fences and have back up gensets to power it in the event of a power trip but need to insulate IR sensors, etc first. Also need to add more sensors from the looks of it as well as UPS for lighting and spolights.

This place should then be safe (at least for a while) from these type of DAILY common threats in Johore:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Diaspora,

Definitely agree, money is not everything, i just tell myself, by 40, i just want to be relaxing with my parents, wife and kids. Travelling around the world everytime they want, while i am still here, i will do my very best for them.

Well done. You are moving near to the dream..

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is in the Masterplan . See under Hills 1. It is called the 2-Storey Link House 26x80 RM813k+

Then for the floor plan, click E-Marketing on the heading menu of the main page.

Thanks.

Yesterday went to the Persada JB fair. Very interesting. But like most fairs, limited units for terraces unites available. Saw some at Mount Austin. Beautiful location. But units are either facing west sun, power station or behind rows of noisy outlets.

Nusa Bestari just advertised on the papers today.
The new Nusa Duta launches was just out this month, I think?

And there's always the East Ledang/Lendang Heights sales office which I feel give a pretty good aerial view of the overall Nusajaya development. Not to be missed!

Saw that too. But they dont have any terraces for sale.

Understand threashold be increased to 800K to 1Million. Reason is to prevent foreigners buying cheap properties. But only 20% are allocated to foreigners. As it is, especially Iskander area, how many msians could afford properties close to M$1 million?

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i saw this as well with my relatives, we even swung by to the Fairways show flat carpark to get a closer look. IR sensors, motion activated lights as well as thin concertina wire. I think they just laid it very recently.

I did not know whether to laugh or cry when I first saw it. After getting to the Clubhouse, I got annoyed thinking what about the two neighbours on either side of that "fortress".... How will they feel seeing that paranoia being manifested in that unsightly attempt at "securing" the house.......

I would not be surprise if the owner decides to follow your "suggestion" Bro Wuqi.....:biggrin:. Maybe the owner read to much of our chat and thought we were "serious", so cannot blame him......!!!!!!

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia EPF is so transparent, at least tell people they invest in London properties (such a smart move compared to SG money losing stock investments). Only CPF no need to tell people what they invest in...

Lol..:biggrin:..and No offense bro, Epf transparent?? You need to dig deeper!! And when the shit hit the fan, u will then know how transparent they are!!
If given a choice, I'll take all my $$ out this instant!

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks.Yesterday went to the Persada JB fair. Very interesting. But like most fairs, limited units for terraces unites available. Saw some at Mount Austin. Beautiful location. But units are either facing west sun, power station or behind rows of noisy outlets.Saw that too. But they dont have any terraces for sale.Understand threashold be increased to 800K to 1Million. Reason is to prevent foreigners buying cheap properties.But only 20% are allocated to foreigners. As it is, especially Iskander area, how many msians could afford properties close to M$1 million?

Visited Dato Onn today and used the EDL, pretty fast and jam free. Happy with the hiway now but not sure how much would it cost later!
Went to enquire about houses there as a fren was interested in semiD.. Thot they still hv a lot the last I was there, unfortunately looks like it's sold out now, except for 1 last unit which is not so good coz it's near a tnb station or something...
I could see the trend that more expensive houses are selling faster than those link houses! They still hv some link houses left but all the corners are sold out as well! Didn't realized it's selling this good. Phase 1 &2 all sold out...left are those in the 500k bracket.
The sales lady says I am lucky coz I got mine at a very good price and they will be launching princint 12 by end of the year and prices are way way up!
I hv a feeling those who are vested are ok and those on the fence better decide soon, according to the sales lady, the foreign limit is gonna up soon(not sure how true, guess there might be some truth, as everyone is talking about this).. Dun flame me, just sharing what the sales lady told me!
But I can see those cheaper priced (300-400k) houses are all SOLD OUT in BDO! this is a surprise, even those facing "T" junction or TNB Station are taken up!
I think bro wuqi is right prices are moving!!!
Just sharing what I thot of the visit to BDO...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol..:biggrin:..and No offense bro, Epf transparent?? You need to dig deeper!! And when the shit hit the fan, u will then know how transparent they are!!
If given a choice, I'll take all my $$ out this instant!

Hehe just curious, can share what secret they have? well at least you know EPF own real assets in London, seriously CPF dont know own what tangible assets...oh if given a choice, I can gladly give PAP a discount and take out all my $$ in CPF this instant!

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe just curious, can share what secret they have? well at least you know EPF own real assets in London, seriously CPF dont know own what tangible assets...oh if given a choice, I can gladly give PAP a discount and take out all my $$ in CPF this instant!

My frens says epf is a political front if the MY Gov.. And when the G wants $$, they go to epf, just like the recent handout of 500 to the poor! this is to entice the voters to vote for them
The other case is to provide loans to the ppl to buy houses, in the 1st place these ppl are not able to get loans from the banks for whatever reasons and the G ask the epf to step in so that they are able to fund the projects.. In other words funding their cronies and giving $$ to ppl who are not creditworthy! Both ways $$ down the drain!!

Last edited:

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not know whether to laugh or cry when I first saw it. After getting to the Clubhouse, I got annoyed thinking what about the two neighbours on either side of that "fortress".... How will they feel seeing that paranoia being manifested in that unsightly attempt at "securing" the house.......I would not be surprise if the owner decides to follow your "suggestion" Bro Wuqi.....:biggrin:. Maybe the owner read to much of our chat and thought we were "serious", so cannot blame him......!!!!!!
His back fence is close to the outer perimeter and the drain alongside is in no man's land. Maybe that's why he worry. Nevertheless, short of a watchtower, the verboten Stalag look is complete.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
His back fence is close to the outer perimeter and the drain alongside is in no man's land. Maybe that's why he worry. Nevertheless, short of a watchtower, the verboten Stalag look is complete.

Jawohl mien herr, ze vatchtower with ze searchlight vill be putt up schnell.......!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.