• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello

Wuqi is not a property agent , your suggestion is unfair for him
We can view it individually n discuss over in e forum.
If wuqi have time , I would rather he spend quality time with his own family.

I completely agree with you. He has a business to run, he also works and most importantly, he has a FAMILY which he should and would like to spend more time with. Let's not take him for granted!!!!

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passed by Sutera Mall Beijing Restaurant and there was a wedding dinner reception going on, saw the guests having big palm sized oysters as starters. Wow so luxurious, I attended many wedding dinners before including 5 star hotel ones and never see oysters being served as part of wedding dinner!

I attended a wedding dinner also at Beijing rest branch I think near taman johor jaya. The cocktail reception also offered oysters unfortunately oysters was finished up very fast before my turn. I remembered all the courses were great and plentiful. Also, the host was very generous with nice free flowing red wines. Easily the best wedding dinner I have attended so far.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just arrived at HH Clubhouse and thought I would share this. Saw a corner bungalow at GOLF WEST that had Reno done. It is visible from the road leading to the clubhouse....... It was nice but what I saw shocked me. Had to stop the car and look very carefully not because the Reno DAZZLED ME but because of what my wife pointed out in shock to me........ The discussion we had here we had on security measures is literarily being taken on board ...... Laser or movement detectors on the surrounding garden pillars, spot lights, CCTV and get this CONCERTINA RAZOR wire along the garden walls:eek: :*: What is the owner thinking off??? The person has quite literarily SWITCHED on the spot not only on him/herself...... "I AM VERY RICH....... COME ROB ME..... OH, by the way my neighbor on my left and right WILL ALSO WELCOME attempts to break into their houses if you think mine will be too difficult to get in????????"

Come on guy/ girl ( directed at the house owner in case doesn't think it's meant for that person:rolleyes: ) the suggestion made here on this forum is merely in JEST / JOKING lah.......at least that's how I've been reading it..... what's next...... bobby traps, electrical fencing....... Probably a gun or better machine gun. This is not the suburbs of South Africa or some forsaken hellhole. This is a somewhat civilized place with neighbors who I am very sure DO NOT appreciate this some what tackless display of unfounded phobia. I think this person should sell up and move back to where it's safe and doesn't have to worry if the "rustling noise outside the house" is someone trying to break into the house to rob him/her of their "MILLIONS....... (of hairs.....). I bet the neighbors are going to "love" this character:mad: :mad: :*: WELCOME PLEASE DRAW MORE ATTENTION TO OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD........

Last edited:

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot all about son's birthday today as i went out with my relatives until the evening and had a surprise unscheduled visit to a friends place, wife was a bit unhappy but luckily managed to smooth things out.

I had a chat with one business owner the other day and he sort of 'complained' that with his family business growing larger and larger these days, he really has no time for his family and self.

Wife is in Korea to look after one site, eldest son in US focusing on another and both he and daughter in Sg...sometimes, only meet once every three months, if opportunity arises...and he felt stress from running his business... He wonders what's all these for...for the family??

Made me think as well...delayed gratification?? Or should we spent more resources (time, money, effort, etc) on important things in life NOW rather than later.

Went to a parenting seminar and the speaker remarked that we should prioritize as such: First wife, then family and finally work...But most of the time, it's not as such...sigh~~

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a chat with one business owner the other day and he sort of 'complained' that with his family business growing larger and larger these days, he really has no time for his family and self.

Wife is in Korea to look after one site, eldest son in US focusing on another and both he and daughter in Sg...sometimes, only meet once every three months, if opportunity arises...and he felt stress from running his business... He wonders what's all these for...for the family??

Made me think as well...delayed gratification?? Or should we spent more resources (time, money, effort, etc) on important things in life NOW rather than later.

Went to a parenting seminar and the speaker remarked that we should prioritize as such: First wife, then family and finally work...But most of the time, it's not as such...sigh~~

Choices that we make in life........

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just arrived at HH Clubhouse and thought I would share this. Saw a corner bungalow at GOLF WEST that had Reno done. It is visible from the road leading to the clubhouse....... It was nice but what I saw shocked me. Had to stop the car and look very carefully not because the Reno DAZZLED ME but because of what my wife pointed out in shock to me........ The discussion we had here we had on security measures is literarily being taken on board ...... Laser or movement detectors on the surrounding garden pillars, spot lights, CCTV and get this CONCERTINA RAZOR wire along the garden walls:eek: :*: What is the owner thinking off??? The person has quite literarily SWITCHED on the spot not only on him/herself...... "I AM VERY RICH....... COME ROB ME..... OH, by the way my neighbor on my left and right WILL ALSO WELCOME attempts to break into their houses if you think mine will be too difficult to get in????????"

Come on guy/ girl ( directed at the house owner in case doesn't think it's meant for that person:rolleyes: ) the suggestion made here on this forum is merely in JEST / JOKING lah.......at least that's how I've been reading it..... what's next...... bobby traps, electrical fencing....... Probably a gun or better machine gun. This is not the suburbs of South Africa or some forsaken hellhole. This is a somewhat civilized place with neighbors who I am very sure DO NOT appreciate this some what tackless display of unfounded phobia. I think this person should sell up and move back to where it's safe and doesn't have to worry if the "rustling noise outside the house" is someone trying to break into the house to rob him/her of their "MILLIONS....... (of hairs.....). I bet the neighbors are going to "love" this character:mad: :mad: :*: WELCOME PLEASE DRAW MORE ATTENTION TO OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD........

Well...maybe the neighbours can top this effort by hiring private security Gurkha guards with full sentry stations.
Hmmm...no need to be so atas la....
LOL.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juz saw an expo at JB Persada, mainly selling and promoting JB properties. Anyone been there?

Wuqi>>maybe you can organize a 1 day trip for like-minded people who want to go house hunting together?
Can meet like 8am for breakfast in JB, then depend on which property first...maybe 1 day can hunt 4-6 area?
Finally over dinner, can have a fruitful discussion on what being viewed during the day.

Bro, I guessed you may realised by now that we in this Living in JB forum are very 'protective' of our moderator... LOL...
A good avenue to start your hunting is to visit property expo ie the recently ended iProperty Expo in MBS...plenty of offerings from Johor / Malaysia.
And as suggested by other bro / sis here, why not called up some JB based property agent to start the ball rolling.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

A time for reflection indeed! I always learn from this very impactful speech from a former Coca-Cola CEO.

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them – work, family, health, friends and spirit … and you’re keeping all of these in the air.

You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls – family, health, friends and spirit – are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or evenshattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.

How?

Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.

Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.

Don’t take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.

Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.

Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Don’t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us to each together.

Don’t be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be pave.

Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible to find time. The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings!

Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going.

Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.

Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily.

Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved. Life is not a race, but a journey to be savoured each step of the way…

–Brian G. Dyson

President and CEO, Coca-Cola Enterprises during his speech at the Georgia Tech 172nd Commencement Address Sept. 6, 1996

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
A time for reflection indeed! I always learn from this very impactful speech from a former Coca-Cola CEO.

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them – work, family, health, friends and spirit … and you’re keeping all of these in the air.

You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls – family, health, friends and spirit – are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or evenshattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.

How?

Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.

Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.

Don’t take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.

Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.

Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Don’t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us to each together.

Don’t be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be pave.

Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible to find time. The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings!

Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going.

Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily.

Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved. Life is not a race, but a journey to be savoured each step of the way…

–Brian G. Dyson

President and CEO, Coca-Cola Enterprises during his speech at the Georgia Tech 172nd Commencement Address Sept. 6, 1996

Bro FT, thank you for sharing this. No truer words spoken. Work will always be there not necessarily the exact same.... But 'work' will be there.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juz saw an expo at JB Persada, mainly selling and promoting JB properties. Anyone been there?

Wuqi>>maybe you can organize a 1 day trip for like-minded people who want to go house hunting together?
Can meet like 8am for breakfast in JB, then depend on which property first...maybe 1 day can hunt 4-6 area?
Finally over dinner, can have a fruitful discussion on what being viewed during the day.

Bro Silvia

Why don't you organise a get-together for some of the newbies who may be keen to explore as a group. There are many properties that you could get around to and be acquainted with them. I am sure some of the silent readers who are new to JB properties may hop on your wagon! :wink:

And then explore some nice makan sites too. :smile:)

Bro, I guessed you may realised by now that we in this Living in JB forum are very 'protective' of our moderator... LOL...
A good avenue to start your hunting is to visit property expo ie the recently ended iProperty Expo in MBS...plenty of offerings from Johor / Malaysia.
And as suggested by other bro / sis here, why not called up some JB based property agent to start the ball rolling.

Yes, good suggestions.

Nusa Bestari just advertised on the papers today.
The new Nusa Duta launches was just out this month, I think?

And there's always the East Ledang/Lendang Heights sales office which I feel give a pretty good aerial view of the overall Nusajaya development. Not to be missed!

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro FT, thank you for sharing this. No truer words spoken. Work will always be there not necessarily the exact same.... But 'work' will be there.

We just seem to be unable to tear ourselves away from it. I am guilty of it myself.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well...maybe the neighbours can top this effort by hiring private security Gurkha guards with full sentry stations.
Hmmm...no need to be so atas la....
LOL.

Bro, "donce pray, pray" your suggestion might be in jest...... But someone may take it as "gospel" and go hire actual Gurka mercenaries..... Just to "feel safe.....:eek:. Nusajaya filled with robbers, rapist and general dastardly evil doers......:confused: (Oops I better qualify this by SAYING ...... I AM ONLY JOKING LAHHHHH.... OR person/s reading this will say, see I told you JOHORE, is filled with eeeevillll people :biggrin::biggrin: )

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you sir, he is sleeping soundly now, its his Chinese birthday (lunar calender) so wife let me off the hook. :smile:

Great! You are better than me. There's just too many dates to remember! I don't track the Chinese dates. There must be an ap doing all these anniversary reminders?

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal

How?

–Brian G. Dyson

Wow....powerful words indeed....reflection time...

Status
Not open for further replies.