• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trading full time, staying in HH is a fantastic idea.. But sometime in a year, the good time for trading might occur only a few times.., I am saying from my equity perspective and I could be very wrong. If I can make consistent money from market, trading full time is a wonderful job...and I can live in HH full time immediately..golfing and swimming when market its not favourable..

Yeah, this sounds really appealing. I am considering to do this at the same time develop a small simple business and also some passive investment income so I have more than one pillars for my finance.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trading full time, staying in HH is a fantastic idea.. But sometime in a year, the good time for trading might occur only a few times.., I am saying from my equity perspective and I could be very wrong. If I can make consistent money from market, trading full time is a wonderful job...and I can live in HH full time immediately..golfing and swimming when market its not favourable..

Its my dreams for a semi retired life too. Only its still a dream...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from JB... Seems that I need to explore the EDL further. My banker was telling me I can go to Pandan from near City Square using EDL. Initially I was under the impression the EDL is more for travel from Causeway directly, to Pandan & Permas. Seems that there's a way to bypass the downtown jam as well if I happen to be in the old JB downtown..... Any EDL travel tips from the bros and sis here? (^_^)

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Howllllllllll... Yesterday night I find it quite misty in HH.. Didn't pay attention to the moon.
I remembered the last 2004 tsunami.. The moon was big and bright...

Bro you watching too much 'Vampire and Werewolf' movies...... OR maybe too many reruns of 'VAN HELSING' :biggrin:

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from JB... Seems that I need to explore the EDL further. My banker was telling me I can go to Pandan from near City Square using EDL. Initially I was under the impression the EDL is more for travel from Causeway directly, to Pandan & Permas. Seems that there's a way to bypass the downtown jam as well if I happen to be in the old JB downtown..... Any EDL travel tips from the bros and sis here? (^_^)

I tried the EDL on Monday and took it all the way and turn off to Setia troika. If had continue probably would go on to KL!

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tried the EDL on Monday and took it all the way and turn off to Setia troika. If had continue probably would go on to KL!

So Bro, how long did it take for you to reach ST from CIQ? I have not try this EDL yet!! smooth drive oe any jam along the way?:biggrin:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro you watching too much 'Vampire and Werewolf' movies...... OR maybe too many reruns of 'VAN HELSING' :biggrin:

ahahahah....will it be spooky just looking at the misty area? Imagine in those old spooky chinese ghost movies.......:-)
but if you think about this misty and cooling condition - actually how many areas have such condition???....I would love to get up early in the morning and go for a jog in your own taman and experience these misty and cooling condition!!! Don't think much area are left that have such wonderful condition...

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Bro, how long did it take for you to reach ST from CIQ? I have not try this EDL yet!! smooth drive oe any jam along the way?:biggrin:

Fifteen minutes once you take the slip road fro CIQ to getting to the first traffic lights before you turn right to go to the row of shop houses and the Immigration Building at ST!!!

ahahahah....will it be spooky just looking at the misty area? Imagine in those old spooky chinese ghost movies.......:-)
but if you think about this misty and cooling condition - actually how many areas have such condition???....I would love to get up early in the morning and go for a jog in your own taman and experience these misty and cooling condition!!! Don't think much area are left that have such wonderful condition...

I don't know if you know this Chinese movie classic where the vampire hops about to the "dum,dum" beat.... Used to crack me up whenever I saw that scene, initially scared the hell out of me, later saw the funny side of it. Make sure you look over your shoulder when you jog in the misty condition....... If hear "dum,dum" ...... RUN don't jog OK!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

CIQ ---> ST 10mins
ST ---> CIQ 15mins

The difference is because must make a U-turn with 2 trafic lights to get to the NS highway from ST.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Talking about mist. As I was still staying in Horizon Hills almost one year ago while waiting for my house to be rented out, one fine morning I got a shock when I opened the main door and saw thick mist at 730am in the morning. It wasnt raining. The mist is so thick that at the roundabout near the guardhouse, you cannot see any houses in The Golf. At the roundabout outside the guardhouse, you cannot see anything at The Hills. Thats how thick it is. We had to turn on the high beam and FOG light.

Wow, i wished i woke up to see that. My wife did. She said it was so beautiful. I wished i saw it then. Will be great, even if it is eerie like Silent Hill. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Fifteen minutes once you take the slip road fro CIQ to getting to the first traffic lights before you turn right to go to the row of shop houses and the Immigration Building at ST!!!

I don't know if you know this Chinese movie classic where the vampire hops about to the "dum,dum" beat.... Used to crack me up whenever I saw that scene, initially scared the hell out of me, later saw the funny side of it. Make sure you look over your shoulder when you jog in the misty condition....... If hear "dum,dum" ...... RUN don't jog OK!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I like those kind of movies, i still have a bell which one can ring to make them follow you. Sometimes some of these movies are funny, went jogging once in my younger days, saw a neighbour and wanted to say hi. He was jogging too, the more i called him, the faster he ran, he must have thought it was a ghost. Maybe because i also had a sore throat then and was breathless so he couldn't recognise my voice.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, i wished i woke up to see that. My wife did. She said it was so beautiful. I wished i saw it then. Will be great, even if it is eerie like Silent Hill. :wink:

This is great...you don't find these condition anymore....use to see this when i was a kid...look out the house will be able to see and feel the mist...but that was in the 60's...hahahahah..dun mean that I am that old ...hehehe
now is all bricks...and cars and metal...

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
CIQ ---> ST 10mins
ST ---> CIQ 15mins

The difference is because must make a U-turn with 2 trafic lights to get to the NS highway from ST.

Whoa Cathy, you are even faster than me to ST from CIQ. I was driving in, late morning, light to no traffic on EDL. You must be a fearless driver:cool: :biggrin:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like those kind of movies, i still have a bell which one can ring to make them follow you. Sometimes some of these movies are funny, went jogging once in my younger days, saw a neighbour and wanted to say hi. He was jogging too, the more i called him, the faster he ran, he must have thought it was a ghost. Maybe because i also had a sore throat then and was breathless so he couldn't recognise my voice.

ahahhah....all these, reminiscing our younger days and all those fun we had....priceless!!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Wuqi, I can't stop laughing, my coffee cup is shaking in my hands and other people are giving me, ' is he siau' looks..........

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoa Cathy, you are even faster than me to ST from CIQ. I was driving in, late morning, light to no traffic on EDL. You must be a fearless driver:cool: :biggrin:

Bro and sis, think 10 mins is great...i guess going to Dato onn is even faster then....hehhehhe
hopefully with this, the rental around this area will move. My place is almost ready, heard from others in FB that houses here should be ready by mid yr/3qtr...

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks, it was so funny, i think he must have watched a lot of those movies as well. He just suddenly went faster and faster, in the end just gave up.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
ahahhah....all these, reminiscing our younger days and all those fun we had....priceless!!

Bro, I AGREE with you it' s priceless.... the memories of the things we got up to in our younger days and the trashing we got when we did things parents told us not to do BUT we did...... Priceless.....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Those were the days. I really wished i could see the mist, my wife has been instructed to wake me in with any means necessary should she see this again. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.