• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can advise for HH semi-d, what is the time norm for completion (take over vacant) after SPA? Contractual is 24mths, but practical time norm is??

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Anyone can advise for HH semi-d, what is the time norm for completion (take over vacant) after SPA? Contractual is 24mths, but practical time norm is??

This is from developer correct? Normally best person to confirm (and chase) are your lawyers. Send a letter to them or the developer after sending an email if the matter is really important.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Feeling low today, an ex boss fainted yesterday and could not work today. Though we had to call up affected people but heavy heart as he is a good man. One of a few good men who acted in good faith. Though he helped so many people, in the end when he was hospitalized, no one turned up except myself and a good hearted bro who barely knew him yet felt related enough to visit someone. All those people he helped, did nothing for him when he needed a reference for a job, my title is not much but i did what i could. He is a good man.

Planning to take family to Genting this weekend so will plan to head out to Ikea in KL first before checking into Genting in the afternoon. Busy with preparation and for a quick trip to buy something up north. When i heard the news, abandoned all plans and though there, went back, changed clothes, changed cars, drove in to SG and visit him.

Went to TTSH (basement parking horrible) and had to wait for registration but it was ok in the end. Got him some birds nest and snacks but luckily it wasn't too bad but his blood sugar was too low. He was really glad to see me though, its sad though. Still remembered it was his who gave me the job years back when i managed to beat others to it. Its not that i was good, no not at all, i was just really lucky (for once) and he gave me that crucial chance. It was an American who trusted me enough to give me the job even though my academic back then was bare. He was never like my other bosses who shouted or used me. Really good man.

Never forgot his kindness, always remembering to pay it back with each subsequent new hire i brought in. Though i will be away this weekend, still felt worried for him and rushed back to visit. I was glad i did as he was in a big ward with lots of noises and people but he was lying there alone. Everyone's table had something but his was empty. I am just glad its not empty anymore when i left. :'(

He even brought me to Yosemite on his own time and money back when i was in the states. Driving in to visit him was the least i can do, kind of sad that many who depended on him for his help in the past and a supposedly close friend did not visit but well ok, at least did send him an SMS when i notified him.

Kind of brought me to reality, how simple and fragile life can be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_H590e5KKw&feature=related

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi

Sorry to hear wat happened to yr ex boss, I wish him speedy recovery soon.
I think at least he feels comforted n happy when u made an effort to visit him.
Cheer up!

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical human behavior.. When you are down, everyone run away.. When you are rich or influential, even people you hardly know will turn up at your sick bay... When you are rich and famous, bankers invite you for all the free lunches and events.. For a poor folk that really need help, no one will care..

Knowing this typical human behavior, I make it a point to give attention to those who really need it.. For those who fell from the high, they will understand and appreciate that.. When people think you have potential, how irritating to find those hypocrites who try hard to befriend you... When you are down, it will be easier to know who are your real friends..

Feeling low today, an ex boss fainted yesterday and could not work today. Though we had to call up affected people but heavy heart as he is a good man. One of a few good men who acted in good faith. Though he helped so many people, in the end when he was hospitalized, no one turned up except myself and a good hearted bro who barely knew him yet felt related enough to visit someone. All those people he helped, did nothing for him when he needed a reference for a job, my title is not much but i did what i could. He is a good man.

Planning to take family to Genting this weekend so will plan to head out to Ikea in KL first before checking into Genting in the afternoon. Busy with preparation and for a quick trip to buy something up north. When i heard the news, abandoned all plans and though there, went back, changed clothes, changed cars, drove in to SG and visit him.

Went to TTSH (basement parking horrible) and had to wait for registration but it was ok in the end. Got him some birds nest and snacks but luckily it wasn't too bad but his blood sugar was too low. He was really glad to see me though, its sad though. Still remembered it was his who gave me the job years back when i managed to beat others to it. Its not that i was good, no not at all, i was just really lucky (for once) and he gave me that crucial chance. It was an American who trusted me enough to give me the job even though my academic back then was bare. He was never like my other bosses who shouted or used me. Really good man.

Never forgot his kindness, always remembering to pay it back with each subsequent new hire i brought in. Though i will be away this weekend, still felt worried for him and rushed back to visit. I was glad i did as he was in a big ward with lots of noises and people but he was lying there alone. Everyone's table had something but his was empty. I am just glad its not empty anymore when i left. :'(

He even brought me to Yosemite on his own time and money back when i was in the states. Driving in to visit him was the least i can do, kind of sad that many who depended on him for his help in the past and a supposedly close friend did not visit but well ok, at least did send him an SMS when i notified him.

Kind of brought me to reality, how simple and fragile life can be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_H590e5KKw&feature=related

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Human are such. They are only good in happy times.

In times of need, they are always distant.

Dont take heart, bro.

U have done wat a good person should do.

Bless u.

Hope he gets well soon...

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
No other way that is direct or legal. Have to export out from Sin to other countries (Vietnam) and reimport in. Hefty fees though for importing.
Best option maybe to just buy a car here.

Thanks for the advice. Just feel pity to scrape my vito.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
vincentck: hope your wife gets well very soon.

on a slightly different note, it is unfortunate that the diesel is still a low quality in MY when about just about every car manufacturer are producing euro 5 specced engines..

Put paid the desire to have a "Good car" but also a desire to be GREEN!!! I don't know how far this is true BUT I was told that the technology is in place but keeping the fuel low grade so that the fuel can be keep affordable!!!!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical human behavior.. When you are down, everyone run away.. When you are rich or influential, even people you hardly know will turn up at your sick bay... When you are rich and famous, bankers invite you for all the free lunches and events.. For a poor folk that really need help, no one will care..

Knowing this typical human behavior, I make it a point to give attention to those who really need it.. For those who fell from the high, they will understand and appreciate that.. When people think you have potential, how irritating to find those hypocrites who try hard to befriend you... When you are down, it will be easier to know who are your real friends..

Bro, that's HUMAN nature!!!! Until one experience's it ........

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Human are such. They are only good in happy times.

In times of need, they are always distant.

Dont take heart, bro.

U have done wat a good person should do.

Bless u.

Hope he gets well soon...

It's sad though. Thanks. :(

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is from developer correct? Normally best person to confirm (and chase) are your lawyers. Send a letter to them or the developer after sending an email if the matter is really important.

Yah, fr developer. Actually not urgent matter, just want to know roughly how much to fork out till completion, and prepare the money for renovation.

Just trying to find out the avg time to complete, will they squeeze till close to 24mths, or usually a lot faster?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yah, fr developer. Actually not urgent matter, just want to know roughly how much to fork out till completion, and prepare the money for renovation.

Just trying to find out the avg time to complete, will they squeeze till close to 24mths, or usually a lot faster?

Depends, its normally faster though from my limited experience as they want to hand off earlier as well but normally its about 1-2 months earlier if they can do it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Actually since the last time he left the company already it was so different. In the past whenever he comes to SG, so many people line up to take him from the airport, take him for drinks, etc. The last few times he came, it was so quiet, only me and my car picked him up from the airport and even then no one else would join for drinks. His own current company didn't send anyone today, probably tomorrow.

Felt really sorry for him. I waited over 4 hours for him on a Sat at the airport as halfway through his line went dead and he thought no one would come. In the end managed to get through but he already going in as he already went in (on transit) Got scolding from wife for wasting weekend but it was worth it, he drove me and all the new hires to so many places back then. Really indebted to him. Tried to get him a job back in the company as a different role but it was hard, at least helped a bit to get him his new role. This world is really too realistic at times. :(

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
On a happier note, i will either be going northwards on Monday (as i am on leave) or this Saturday to start on a certain
investment.

I have on hand about 2 guys here who are very keen (+1 on the fence) and including my neighbours and another
friend, we should be able to get about 5 units easily.

Just talked to a friend who came by just now for this and he sounded pretty keen. Thanks for all who showed interest,
i think we have about enough at least for now.

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
the rational is plausible given the huge amount of trucking of goods in and round the country. unfortunate for us drivers who're keen on a better alternative. can't imagine when i can sink into a comfy GT say an entry level jag for example and still get 50 over miles to the gallon.

Put paid the desire to have a "Good car" but also a desire to be GREEN!!! I don't know how far this is true BUT I was told that the technology is in place but keeping the fuel low grade so that the fuel can be keep affordable!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.