• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The second phrase, marry me want or not? BTW, my wife is hakka and I learned the dialect from her.
I think hakka girls are great, very hard working more so than the guys.
No offense to anyone but just my own observation.
I am cantonese. :smile:

Hear hear, agree. They literally eat hardship like eating tonic. Meaning they can really take hardship and very hardy. Good wife material and since loud is very good at singing when the time comes for it. :smile:

I strongly suggest for manofaction to bring along a ring on one of our gatherings to propose just in case. No kicking out of anyone, good return back to the whimsical mood of this thread.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Went back to SG today, heavy rain, tree fell in orchard area and blocked my way. Almost banged into the tree. Then in the evening when paying bills through Sam machine, machine restart halfway when I already keyed in my ATM pin. Then use the AXS machine, card cannot be read, used my other card, same. Used last one. Still the same. Then went back to Sam machine, halfway again conked out. Decided to go to ATM machine to make payment, after waiting my turn, system under maintenance. What should have been a 10 min thing took 40 mins, went back to a fuming wife who wondered what was I doing. Damn lucky sometimes. Somehow I see a lot more machines failing and nobody bothering to fix it.

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went back to SG today, heavy rain, tree fell in orchard area and blocked my way. Almost banged into the tree. Then in the evening when paying bills through Sam machine, machine restart halfway when I already keyed in my ATM pin. Then use the AXS machine, card cannot be read, used my other card, same. Used last one. Still the same. Then went back to Sam machine, halfway again conked out. Decided to go to ATM machine to make payment, after waiting my turn, system under maintenance. What should have been a 10 min thing took 40 mins, went back to a fuming wife who wondered what was I doing. Damn lucky sometimes. Somehow I see a lot more machines failing and nobody bothering to fix it.

Not true lah... they are ok most of the times...it is one of those days when everything went wrong for you lah :smile: don't put the blame on the machines and singapore ...please :biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We have done so similarly at Tesco Bukit Indah just a week ago and the numbers that stacked up.

Teh Tarik (RM 1.30)
Hot Plate Noodles (RM 5.30)
10 Kueh Bulu (RM 3)
Nasi Lemak (RM 2)

Seriously, more than $10 breakfast session in a HDB estate is quite frightening. Or am I overspending on my meals? :eek::eek::eek:

But if i am retiring for good in JB and that kind of prices i got for the above, its not cheap either.

That day i was just having a glass of "teh tarik" at he coffeeshop (CW terminal bt indah). I was "shocked" at the price. Cant remember. But definitely cost more than M$1.30

But of course if we keep comparing with the ex rate, its always cheap at JB. I used to think tat way too. Tats the typical mindset of Sporean.

One thing for sure...if cost of living keep going up in Spore, Iskandar area wont be spared either, imo.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
For this year, experts say that the trend will still go strong and more people are buying in anticipation of the non-affordability in the future. So more genuine buyers for own-stay purposes? From the perspective of Johor, the sharings from various sources in here indeed indicated that taman such as NI, HH and laguna had sealed a lot of deals from the locals, despite the higher price ... So confidence level has just been brought up to the new level and we are to see the price to continue to go upwards? what's your view

The fear factor in property purchases

PETALING JAYA: Property developers and consultants from Penang to Johor are generally bullish about the residential property market and do not think there is a bubble.

They are of the view that there are two types of buyers, one who is buying out of need and the other out of fear that prices would go up further. The speculative element which was evident a few years ago has dissipated.

Real Estate and Housing Developers' Association (Rehda, Penang) chairman Datuk Jerry Chan said: “Buyers have money which they would like to park somewhere.

“Sales this year have been better than last year, driven by fear rather than the speculative element,” said Chan who is also group managing director for Penang-based Asas Dunia Bhd.

Chan was commenting on a report Debunking the property bubble myth by CIMB which said that talk of a property bubble was overstated as the sharp rise in residential property prices over the past few years was confined to selected areas.

“Affordability is near its all-time high and prices have to surge 50% to 100% before affordability falls to pre-Asian financial crisis levels,” the report said.

The report said it was surprising that residential prices had not risen at a faster pace as new supply had fallen significantly over the past few years.

Chan said tourism was also very big in Penang and if China and Indian nationals were to buy in Penang, it would “turn the market upside down.”

“So I foresee Penang prices would continue to rise because of inadequate supply of land, not because of inadequate developments,” he said.

In the Klang Valley, Reapfield Properties Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Gerard Kho said domestic demand for residentials was expected to be strong until the middle of this year.

Managing director for the Khong & Jaffar group of companies Elvin Fernandez said “it is not a question of whether there is a bubble or not but whether prices in certain areas are tied in to fundamentals or not.

“And we know in certain hot spots, they are not,” Fernandez said.

In Johor, KGV International Property Consultants Samuel Tan said the state was undergoing a transition because of the Iskandar Malaysia factor.

“New houses entering the market are priced a lot higher than three years ago but the market is accepting it,” he said.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hear hear, agree. They literally eat hardship like eating tonic. Meaning they can really take hardship and very hardy. Good wife material and since loud is very good at singing when the time comes for it. :smile:

I strongly suggest for manofaction to bring along a ring on one of our gatherings to propose just in case. No kicking out of anyone, good return back to the whimsical mood of this thread.

thats for e older generation hakka woman but i am e modern hakka , so i cant take hardship etc...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been following your suggestions so far. I won't make this latest suggestion an exceptional either :wink: hehe

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true lah... they are ok most of the times...it is one of those days when everything went wrong for you lah :smile: don't put the blame on the machines and singapore ...please :biggrin:

well.. if u are at kovan mall level 2, there are 2 axs machines back to back.
most of the time, only 1 is working. i know.. cos i visit kovan mall about 2-3 times a week. it has been like that for at least 5-6 months.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha okay. U used the right word, highlighted below. Laugh while we still can, don't take it too seriously :smile: I'm certainly glad to have u guys as my bros and sis :smile:

wei , still wan to partnership buy house for investment or not huh ? i am getting pai seh with all this jokes le .....all of us are bros and sis ok ?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thick skin boy like me has very little to lose. Hakka boy can take rejection and hardship too :biggrin:

Sien now... One bank just called me telling me that my loan has been approved but, it's less than 90 % that I wanted ... Jialat ... I'm sending in an appeal later. Don't know they will entertain me or not

ya ya , dun spolit my market if keep joking abt u and me , hahahahah .
Also dun spolit yr market too!

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thick skin boy like me has very little to lose. Hakka boy can take rejection and hardship too :biggrin:

Sien now... One bank just called me telling me that my loan has been approved but, it's less than 90 % that I wanted ... Jialat ... I'm sending in an appeal later. Don't know they will entertain me or not

not sure appeal works or not , y not pressure on UOB Mr lee ? so i got what i want from him , 90% ,hahaha ....
but the UOB BLR is not tat fantastic and have set up fees and postage charges, u have to balance up the cons n pros lor ....
But if u can spare the money , dun loan so much lor ....

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't submit to UOB le ... I can't be bothered with their requirements on the documents, they asked for almost everything, same as alliance bank, including my credit bureau thingy. Why would I want to waste money on this, while other banks didn't need?

The officer told me that I can try to appeal, as there were success cases, although the % is not that high. Nonetheless, I'm gonna try and justify accordingly to them ..

I submitted to 4 banks. Only one got back to me so far, after waiting for about 16 days now ... Before submitting my application, all of them said that the outcome will be made known within 7 working days ... Zzzzzzzz

not sure appeal works or not , y not pressure on UOB Mr lee ? so i got what i want from him , 90% ,hahaha ....
but the UOB BLR is not tat fantastic and have set up fees and postage charges, u have to balance up the cons n pros lor ....
But if u can spare the money , dun loan so much lor ....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't submit to UOB le ... I can't be bothered with their requirements on the documents, they asked for almost everything, same as alliance bank, including my credit bureau thingy. Why would I want to waste money on this, while other banks didn't need?

The officer told me that I can try to appeal, as there were success cases, although the % is not that high. Nonetheless, I'm gonna try and justify accordingly to them ..

I submitted to 4 banks. Only one got back to me so far, after waiting for about 16 days now ... Before submitting my application, all of them said that the outcome will be made known within 7 working days ... Zzzzzzzz

UOB not that strict with docs leh , maybe now they tighten loans applications.
So far only HSBC asked me for credit bureau , the rest bo leh ....
Did u show them how "rich" in yr cpf summary?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wor ... I only gave them the contribution history. I thought that's all they need? None of them asked me to submit the summary page showing the savings leh ... Why so many different practices one ...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wor ... I only gave them the contribution history. I thought that's all they need? None of them asked me to submit the summary page showing the savings leh ... Why so many different practices one ...

they never ask , i give extra for them to see .... 16 days is too long leh , no public holidays etc

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually cpf not very accurate.. when u overshot the contribution cap. iras statement is better.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
But if i am retiring for good in JB and that kind of prices i got for the above, its not cheap either.

That day i was just having a glass of "teh tarik" at he coffeeshop (CW terminal bt indah). I was "shocked" at the price. Cant remember. But definitely cost more than M$1.30

But of course if we keep comparing with the ex rate, its always cheap at JB. I used to think tat way too. Tats the typical mindset of Sporean.

One thing for sure...if cost of living keep going up in Spore, Iskandar area wont be spared either, imo.

Agree, one thing good though is that there is no cartel here, at least not yet. One place may sell it for 1.3 RM, another 1.6 RM but sometimes you will find 1.1 RM and until the cafe at the end of the jetty that was torn down, i had my tarik with the good Dr for 0.80 a cup!! Seriously he was so chuffed to find drinks still under a dollar. The ice limau was 1 RM.

Status
Not open for further replies.