• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, u r truly my Singapore idol! What number do I call to vote?!

Of course they have a choice to buy resale at half million or private at one million or more, just that they don't have the BIG advantage of profit from sale of HDB and stay in JB like a king that you said Singaporeans have lor.

Actually without profit from sale of HDB to start off, an income of $10k earned by two persons is stretched to buy private. Downpayment already need $200k? and installment would be how many thousand?

Some see only the advantages of being a Singaporean without the disadvantages.

Just like an ex local staff, lets call him Andrew, he said if he was born in Singapore, he would be the one who has a company now rather than me. Yet he has been to many countries and educated but continues to have a chip on his shoulder. He didn't know that i have an esteemed uncle in law who was one of those left behind when the government changed its method of teaching from Mandarin to English. He became one of those Chinese educated who were left behind? Did he bemoan his fate or gave up?

Today he is semi-retired, has his own firm and travels extensively to all countries. Before that he was even director and GM of several large firms.

Sometimes their statements are kind of self defeating, oh because i am Malaysian, i will always lag behind. Because i am a Malaysian, i go into Singapore and get spot checked. I will never succeed as i am a Malaysian.

Being Singaporean is not a guarantee of anything except perharps a sound education, even that is debatable these days as many foreigners are blissfully unaware of the many changes that took place in the education system as they tweaked and tweaked everytime somebody takes the seat.

Thats about it, i am not even going to go into the many obligations that one has to fulfil and the many stringent rules that made it impossible for many to downgrade. Many keep harping on the fact that you can sell your place but where do they stay? Not everyone wants to leave their own country if they have a choice. Why would they need to leave their own country in the first place? Only Singaporeans have it good? I certainly beg to differ here. Majority of Malaysians who leave Malaysia, leave for work, Singaporeans who leaves Singapore, leave to to live.

Many forget that the guys who are the owners of Shangrila hotel are Malaysians and yes they have moved parts of their businesses out but they still have vested interests in the country.

Few actually knows that there are poor people in Singapore and there are also many rich people in Malaysia who despite all the challenges and many claims of biased treatments did well enough. I even had wild claims from some forummers recently and yes i never moderated.

If one can succeed in Indonesia despite all the even more staggering challenges and real riots then what more excuses does one have? I have many many relatives, many friends and peers who are not doing as well as some of my local friends in Malaysia.

Even the top earning cousin who is the proudest/rudest, government scholarship/president scholarship recipient and doesn't have the courtesy to address my aunties or my mum earns a maximum of S$12k which of course she and her mum broadcasts to all of us.

Its all in the mind at the end of the day.

I did not get any scholarship, any official tuition or much help from any relatives since young. (The only 3 persons who really did helped is one of my aunts (bless her) who helped me for a period with maths and a cousin (my mom side) with science. The last one has passed on, a stranger who helped me out of the blue when all my tuition fees were gambled away, Auntie Hong, bless your soul. Especially these 3 i will never forget them. Wuqi repays his debts.)

My family and the government basically left me to fend for myself as i am already a "man" even at a young age. I was left out of the education "system" as i was deemed not good enough. Holding 2 jobs supporting the family, sometimes sleeping at staircases as i did 2 shifts at once to support the family and repay the huge debts.

Still, i never gave up despite so many asking me to. NS also made sure that i cannot support my family for 2.5 years and during that time it was really bad. Still i never gave up and took up many different courses, upgrading, studying, etc. For everything that someone said i cannot do, i went all out to learn it and become stronger everytime.

To summarize, again every country has its faults, no one country is 100% good and lets not forget the global "ranking" of our papers. If you can succeed, you will succeed wherever you go. If you can't succeed, you will turn back at the first dead leaf that blows across your path while leaving your own main gate. Its all in your mind.

I believe its all up to you, no matter how badly you were treated, limbs broken/abused or even almost died at age 2. If i can succeed, there is really no excuse you can't. Even a paralysed person, through his determination can overcome the odds and publish papers and be successful. Are you any worse than a paralyzed person? Look beyond your disadvantages for the world is bigger than that.

To those who thinks they can never make it(Singaporeans or Malaysians heck, anyone), i am not better than any of you, i just tried harder and never gave up.

A learned man once said of the 3 changes:

1. Change what you can when you are unhappy
2. Change yourself and live with what you thought you cannot
3. Change the location, leave when you cannot do 1-2[/QUOTE]

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Sorry to post this in here as this is more appropriate in the legal thread but as I haven't received a response, thought I would try my luck here.

I'm expecting my loan to be approved soon. I understand that once a bank has given the offer letter to me, I'm supposed to appoint a lawyer to help me draft the loan agreement. For my case, my developer will bear the legal fee for s&p only, and if I use the same lawyer, he/she will give me 30% discount on the legal fees for the loan agreement. My queries are as follow:-

1) when you had your loan agreement drafted, did you ask for discount, and if so, how many % was it? This point about asking for discount has been brought up by bro wuqi. Although I will be offered 30%, I'm not sure if it is considered reasonable.
2) shall I use the same lawyer for the loan agreement, of which the cost will be borne by me
3) did u go through clause by clause of the letter of offer by the bank, together with your lawyer?

Thanks much

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still dare to act meh? Totally wilted and heart broken ... From self declaring a butch, to open rejection in public, to pointing out my flaws (fickle minded etc), I think it is god's will. Ah tiong, court u next life okay? Hahahhahaha

You are not huai... Ah Tiong bu ai...

" Originally Posted by crystal_tiong
also another saying , nan ren bu huai , nu ren bu ai ......"

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys
Hahaha. , ok. We had enough fun. No BGR here la. Now bk to living in Johore.

Btw, I need to vent ,dun know which idiot kissed my front right bumper!!! Suppose this sat gg to spray left side bumper nia. Now gg to spray e whole bumper, damn it! Maybe heck care. But some ppl will think I so Kayu driving.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you hate the government not the country.

I would like to retire in JB and rent out my HDB.

I was thinking the other day. What if, like the folks living in Rochor RD, I got evicted from my HDB, can I still buy HDB flat to rent out since I own another property in JB?

Hopefully, the government will just leave me alone and not offer me to relocate.

Why would u wan to retire in other country when u love yr country so much ?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very easy pisey .... 团结就是力量,二合一,我们结合吧! Hahahaha

(yes, never miss an opportunity to get what u really want :p)

So scary , me so old Liao then own a house, how to own more houses to collect rental leh. Bank might not loan me money le.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
U might want to install rubber bumper and make it like a bumper car. Now u can bump them back like no one biz!! Haha

Guys
Hahaha. , ok. We had enough fun. No BGR here la. Now bk to living in Johore.

Btw, I need to vent ,dun know which idiot kissed my front right bumper!!! Suppose this sat gg to spray left side bumper nia. Now gg to spray e whole bumper, damn it! Maybe heck care. But some ppl will think I so Kayu driving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.