• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Suet Fern suspended 15 months by disciplinary body ( 20 Nov 2020 )

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
This article bought up a fact that the 1st victim of the curse of being a Lee is actually Pinkies 1st wife,

Rare interview: Li Shengwu felt like the first grandson to Mr and Mrs Lee

Lee Suet Fern tells Yahoo News: They felt that way even though they already had a grandson at that time
Photos: Shengwu Li FB, AFP

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...lt-like-the-first-grandson-to-mr-and-mrs-lee/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...grandson-to-mr-and-mrs-lee/&via=Independentsg
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...elt+like+the+first+grandson+to+Mr+and+Mrs+Lee
https://telegram.me/share/url?url=h...elt+like+the+first+grandson+to+Mr+and+Mrs+Lee
https://reddit.com/submit?url=https...elt+like+the+first+grandson+to+Mr+and+Mrs+Lee
AUTHOR
Jewel Stolarchuk
DATE
October 4, 2020

- Advertisement -

Singapore — In another part of a rare interview with Yahoo News, Lee Suet Fern recalled that her eldest son’s birth in 1985 felt to her in-laws Lee Kuan Yew and Kwa Geok Choo like it was the birth of their first grandson, even though they already had a grandson who was about three years old at the time.
She said with a laugh: “They’re very traditional. They wanted a male grandson, and this was the male grandson they were waiting for. My mother-in-law clucked with pleasure.
“Shengwu’s birth was the biggest event for them on a personal level. Mama was thrilled, Papa was thrilled. They were deliciously, deliriously happy. It meant a lot to them. It felt to them like a first, although my brother-in-law did have a son with his first wife.”

Eldest son Hsien Loong married his first wife Wong Ming Yang in 1978. Their daughter, Xiuqi, was born in 1981. Three weeks after giving birth to their first son, Yipeng, Wong died of a heart attack at the age of 31 in October 1982.

- Advertisement -
Yipeng was born with albinism, a genetic condition.
In 1985, the same year Shengwu was born, Hsien Loong married Ho Ching, a fast-rising civil servant. They have two sons. Hongyi was born in 1987 and Haoyi in 1989.
Meanwhile, Hsien Yang and Suet Fern had two other sons after Shengwu: Huanwu was born in 1986 and Shaowu in 1995.
Aside from his brother Huanwu, Shengwu was closest in age to his cousin Hongyi. The pair were once described as “very close” and were both in the west coast of the United States at one point as Shengwu was pursuing his PhD at Stanford University and Hongyi was working at Google in Silicon Valley.

However, cracks in their relationship became public in 2017 — the year the Lee family feud spilled into the public domain and the year the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) initiated legal action against Shengwu over a private Facebook post during the feud.
In December 2017, Shengwu said he was no longer on speaking terms with Hongyi but that they remained Facebook friends.
Shengwu subsequently decided to remove Hongyi from his Facebook friends list. He wrote on Facebook: “I will continue to be active on Facebook, and will continue to regard my friends-only Facebook posts as private. However, I have removed my cousin Li Hongyi from my Facebook friends list.”
Hongyi responded in a Facebook post of his own and asked his cousin to leave him out of grievances with the authorities. He wrote: “I don’t know what’s going on between you and the government, but I’ve got nothing to do with it. Could you please leave me out of this?”

Hongyi, saying that he had “really tried to not be involved as far as possible”, added: “If there’s something I’ve done that’s led you to believe otherwise, I would be happy to talk with you about it. It’s a bit disconcerting to be repeatedly publicly accused of undermining democracy without understanding why.”
He added: “I would prefer not to have done this over public Facebook posts. But I suppose that’s how we communicate nowadays.”
Although the exact origins of the rift remain unclear, there is speculation that their relationship fractured around the time the Oxley Road dispute broke out in 2017.
That year, Hsien Yang and his sister Lee Wei Ling accused their elder brother Hsien Loong, the Prime Minister, of using state organs against them and of abusing his power to preserve their family home, against their father’s willed desire to demolish the house, in order to bolster his grip on power.
The younger siblings also accused Hsien Loong of grooming Hongyi for politics. Hongyi responded that he really had no interest in politics.
Shengwu, however, said Hongyi’s comments on a potential entry into politics were “vague”: “He only said he has no interest in politics, but my uncle Lee Hsien Loong also once said he wasn’t interested in politics when he was in his 20s. These words can easily be taken back.”
Although the younger siblings offered a ceasefire, the family appears to remain estranged. In 2018, Hsien Loong said that the family feud remained unresolved and that his siblings had not communicated with him.
He added: “Perhaps one day, when emotions have subsided, some movement will be possible.”
Hsien Yang responded that Hsien Loong had not made any effort to reach out to resolve matters in private. He said: “Our brother says he is unsure that the feud is solved. Notwithstanding his public statements, Hsien Loong has made no attempt to reach out to us to resolve matters in private.
“Meanwhile, the Attorney-General is busy prosecuting Hsien Loong’s nephew for his private correspondence. The AGC’s letters make repeated reference to the family feud.”

Shengwu was eventually fined S$15,000 after being found guilty in the contempt of court case. He paid the fine in order to “buy some peace and quiet” but insisted that this does not mean he admits guilt.
The AGC also lodged a complaint against Suet Fern to the Law Society, accusing her of being involved in the preparation of her father-in-law’s last will while her husband was one of the beneficiaries.
Suet Fern was censured by a Disciplinary Tribunal for grossly improper professional conduct in the case and appealed against the decision to the Court of Three Judges. Judgment has been reserved on the case.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is getting messy. I expect Lau Cheebye to appear in front of Pinky soon as a restless spirit.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is getting messy. I expect Lau Cheebye to appear in front of Pinky soon as a restless spirit.
Pinky is after Shengwu because he is dead farts favourite,,in imperial times,,he could be designated Crown Prince,,,pinky will very lau kui,,and the jinx is jealous as well,,wants her own son to be in control

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rare interview: Lee Suet Fern “incredibly proud” of her husband Hsien Yang and sons

She tells Yahoo News: Feud over Lee Kuan Yew's will has brought her immediate family closer

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...bly-proud-of-her-husband-hsien-yang-and-sons/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...usband-hsien-yang-and-sons/&via=Independentsg
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...bly+proud”+of+her+husband+Hsien+Yang+and+sons
https://telegram.me/share/url?url=h...bly+proud”+of+her+husband+Hsien+Yang+and+sons
https://reddit.com/submit?url=https...bly+proud”+of+her+husband+Hsien+Yang+and+sons
AUTHOR
Jewel Stolarchuk
DATE
October 4, 2020

- Advertisement -

Singapore — In a rare interview with Yahoo News, Lee Suet Fern says the family feud between her husband Hsien Yang and his elder brother Hsien Loong, the Prime Minister, has brought her immediate family closer.
In the interview, which was conducted over three meetings, Suet Fern recalled how she fell in love with Hsien Yang and how he put her first throughout their relationship.
Suet Fern’s connection to the Lees goes back decades, from the time her father, Professor Lim Chong Yah, tutored Hsien Loong, and later Hsien Yang, for their A-Level examinations. Although Suet Fern and Hsien Yang were contemporaries in National Junior College, they drew closer while they were studying at Cambridge University.
Recalling how Hsien Yang would take long cycle rides between their respective colleges to see her, sometimes multiple times in one day, she told Yahoo’s Nicholas Yong with a laugh:

- Advertisement -
“Yang was one of many young men who turned up at my door. I joke that he didn’t have much choice, there were so few girls in Cambridge in the 70s. He jokes that I fell for him, largely because he cooked so well for me. He also claims that he was persistent enough that, over time, the others just gradually fell away.”
The romance bloomed and led to marriage in July 1981, when she was 23 and he 24. Sharing that their marriage took place quickly, mere days after she took her final law exams and returned to Singapore, Suet Fern said: “I think that we married young, perhaps as a result of some amount of parental pressure.”
She also recalled how their wedding, which involved a small ceremony at the Barker Road Methodist Church and a large reception at the Istana, was an “impersonal” one where she “shook hands with hundreds of people I did not know”.
She shared that the bridal car was her husband’s first car, a Honda Civic, and that she wore lipstick that she had purchased at a Boots store in England as there was no one to do her make-up or hair. After the ceremony, Hsien Yang cooked his bride a steak for dinner.

Yahoo reports that Suet Fern’s tone was “playful, almost girlish” when she spoke about her romance with Hsien Yang. Referring to her husband’s time as a brigadier-general in the Singapore Armed Forces, she giggled and told the publication: “I loved him in uniform. I thought he was so handsome. I used to think, oh my goodness, what a heartthrob.”
On whether she had second thoughts about marrying into the famous Lee family, Suet Fern said: “I was young, I was in love, and I thought, then as I think now, that Yang’s a really special individual. I never married the family, I married him.”
Likewise, Hsien Yang remained devoted to his wife and put her first. When the couple were living in Cairnhill Mansions after their marriage, Suet Fern confided in her husband about how lonely she felt when he was away for military training and how frightened she was of her mother-in-law, Kwa Geok Choo.
Instead of dismissing her feelings, Suet Fern said her husband “just gave me every assurance that it was him that I married and not his mother, and that he would always put me first”.

Suet Fern said that she also had “huge support” from her husband in her career and said: “It takes a special man to allow his wife to work all night in the office. And he often put up with a house not being perfect, and he never complained.”
Aside from not complaining, Hsien Yang also pitched in to share the load of caring for their sons while his wife struggled with the demands at work and parenting. She said with a laugh that Hsien Yang initially did not know how to change a diaper: “He did an awful job and he kept saying, ‘Be patient with me. I’m a Lee. I need to learn this’. And he got better and better.”
Suet Fern revealed that the bonds within her immediate family have been strengthened in the past few years, amid the Lee family feud that erupted after patriarch Lee Kuan Yew passed away in 2015.
In June 2017, a dispute among his three children over his last will spilled into the public domain. Hsien Yang and his sister Wei Ling accused their elder brother, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, of abusing state organs for his benefit.
Hsien Loong denied the accusations. His siblings subsequently offered a ceasefire.
Hsien Yang’s eldest son, Shengwu, was later accused of contempt of court by the Attorney-General’s Chambers over a private Facebook post. Shengwu, a Harvard academic, was eventually fined S$15,000, which he paid in order to “buy some peace and quiet” while maintaining that he did not admit guilt.
The AGC also lodged a complaint against Suet Fern for her involvement in Lee Kuan Yew’s will. She was censured by a Disciplinary Tribunal for grossly improper professional conduct in the case and appealed against the decision to the Court of Three Judges. Judgment has been reserved on the case.
Referring to the initial accusations her husband and sister-in-law had levelled against their brother in 2017, Suet Fern told Yahoo: “I didn’t wake up like everybody else and was absolutely surprised.”
When asked how she feels about her family being in the spotlight, the lawyer said: “What has happened in terms of publicity is something we don’t welcome at all. We clearly don’t like (the attention) but this is what has happened.”
While she indicated that she “hopes that there will be fairness and justice” with regard to her appeal, Suet Fern revealed that her immediate family has emerged “better and stronger” from the saga.
Expressing pride over the way her sons responded to the saga with maturity and thoughtfulness, she said: “We’re closer than we’ve ever been before. And I’m incredibly proud of my husband and my sons, in different ways. I love that our sons have stood by their father and me throughout.
“I’ve learned that they are strong, very wise, mature and thoughtful, have better insights on Singapore and the world than I would have ever imagined. We have come to deeply value their perspectives.” /TISG

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY’s last will: Lee Suet Fern disagrees with 15-month suspension

Court of Three Judges, the highest disciplinary body for lawyers, finds her guilty of misconduct
Photo: FB

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...suet-fern-disagrees-with-15-month-suspension/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...s-with-15-month-suspension/&via=Independentsg
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...+Suet+Fern+disagrees+with+15-month+suspension
https://telegram.me/share/url?url=h...+Suet+Fern+disagrees+with+15-month+suspension
https://reddit.com/submit?url=https...+Suet+Fern+disagrees+with+15-month+suspension
AUTHOR
Anna Maria Romero
DATE
November 20, 2020

- Advertisement -

Singapore — Lawyer Lee Suet Fern issued a statement on Friday (Nov 20) after it was announced that the Court of Three Judges had suspended her from practising for 15 months over her handling of the last will of her late father-in-law, Singapore’s founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.
“I disagree with this decision. There was no basis for this case to have even been initiated,” she said in a media statement, which her husband, Mr Lee Hsien Yang, made public on his Facebook page shortly after noon on Friday.
The written judgment from the Court of Three Judges, which is the highest disciplinary body for lawyers, said that Mrs Lee had been found guilty of misconduct, as she had “blindly followed the directions of her husband, a significant beneficiary under the very will whose execution she helped to rush through”.
The case against Mrs Lee was initiated last year. On Jan 7, 2019, the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) referred a case to the Law Society over her possible misconduct in the preparation of LKY’s last will. The case had nothing to do with the validity of the will, according to the AGC.
The AGC stated its statutory duty to deal with misconduct from lawyers and that, under Section 85 (3) of the Legal Profession Act, it was required to consider if the issue should be brought to the attention of the Law Society.

- Advertisement -
Mr Lee Hsien Yang had asked, in a Facebook post the following day, what public interest was being served by the AGC. He also asked, since all parties had been aware of the facts for years, why his wife’s case was being “rushed” in 2019.
The Attorney-General said the AGC “became aware of a possible case of professional misconduct by Mrs Lee. Mrs Lee appears to have prepared the last will of Mr Lee Kuan Yew and arranged for Mr Lee Kuan Yew to execute it, despite the fact that her husband, Mr Lee Hsien Yang, is one of the beneficiaries under the last will. Mr Lee Hsien Yang’s share increased under the last will”.
On Aug 13 this year, the Law Society sought to have Mrs Lee struck off the rolls for professional misconduct over her handling of Lee Kuan Yew’s final will.
The Court of Three Judges, comprising Chief Justice Sundaresh Menon, Judge of Appeal Judith Prakash and Justice Woo Bih Li, heard arguments from both sides for five hours.

In its judgment on Friday, the court said that Mrs Lee had been in an “unseemly rush” in executing the will, acting at the behest of her husband. It pointed out that the will was signed a mere 16 hours after the first draft was sent to Lee Kuan Yew by Mrs Lee. Lee Kuan Yew’s lawyer, Ms Kwa Kim Li, who had executed his first will, was left out of the arrangements concerning the final will.
The court said: “On the one hand, (she) was loyal to her husband, who was a significant beneficiary under the last will and who was evidently keen to rush its execution.
“On the other hand, (she) had a responsibility to act honourably and to ensure that (Mr Lee Kuan Yew), who she would reasonably have regarded as her client, was fully apprised of the factual position before he proceeded to execute the last will,” adding that she “not only failed to act with prudence, but in fact acted with complete disregard for the interests of (Mr Lee Kuan Yew)”.
“In those circumstances, her failure to put a stop to her husband’s efforts to procure the execution of the last will with unseemly haste can only be described as improper and unacceptable.”

However, according to a straitstimes.com report, the Court of Three Judges did not agree with certain findings of the two-man Disciplinary Tribunal appointed by the Chief Justice that had in February found Mrs Lee guilty of improper professional conduct, specifically that there had been an implied retainer between Mrs Lee and Lee Kuan Yew, and that their relationship had been that between solicitor and client. It added that Mrs Lee was not given direct instructions or directions by Lee Kuan Yew.
The findings from this tribunal had been submitted to the Court of Three Judges.
The latter’s disagreement with certain findings of the tribunal was noted by Mrs Lee in her statement on Friday. She said: “The Court of Three found ‘no solicitor-client relationship existed’ between Lee Kuan Yew and myself. The court found there was no dishonesty in my dealings with Lee Kuan Yew and there was no finding that the will was procured by fraud or undue influence.”
Mrs Lee also noted that Lee Kuan Yew’s will had been a private one, and that he “knew” and “got what he wanted”, adding that the court had found that “he (Lee Kuan Yew) was content with it (this will)”.
She wrote that neither Lee Kuan Yew, who died in 2015, nor any of his beneficiaries or his lawyer Kwa Kim Li, had lodged any complaint over the will, but that a complaint had only arisen years later by the AGC.
She added that “Lee Hsien Loong made extensive submissions, but did not present himself as a witness and was not subject to cross-examination… Probate for Lee Kuan Yew’s will had been granted by the courts in 2015. Probate had been sought on the urging of Lee Hsien Loong and Lucien Wong, before he became Attorney-General”. /TISG
Read also: Law Society seeks to disbar Lee Suet Fern over conflict of interest arising from Lee Kuan Yew’s will

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Meddled with a Will in a rush + benefiting her husband & family.
2. Got caught.
3. Giving excuses such as this being a private matter, and that everybody else should look away from this matter and and forget about it.
4. All done by an experienced lawyer no less.
5. 15 months suspension only? Count yourself lucky.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
My guess is

Shengwu probably communicated with Hongyi about the AGC issue.

Hongyi probably at the very least said that he is neutral or does not want to comment or get involved.

This upset Shengwu because he thinks that Hongyi should know it is wrong but chooses to condone it.

It shows that Hongyi was not convinced enough to defend his beloved cousin against his own father.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yang and Suet Fern already anticipated this ruling. And they have prepared for it. Yang and Suet Fern know that no matter how innocent she is, the kangaroo court of 3 stupid judges will find her guilty. They have a back up plan in place. Suet Fern will simply return to HKG where her company has a large office and work from there. She is suspended in S'pore but the 3 moron judges do not have the ability to suspend her in other countries. She will be welcomed as a hero in HKG. No problem for her. The money she earns in HKG is as good as or better then S'pore. Yang will spend some time there with her and go back and forth. f Gay Loong thinks that he has damaged her in some way, he is stupid.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
And u think Yang don't have any dirty laundry to release against Gay Loong? His dirty laundry on Gay Loong is much more damaging. Yang is not frightened of him you dumb stuffycunt
Actually I think LHY wont dare because he also swam in the dirty laundry himself.

That's the thing with the Lee's they all benefited which is why they wont go all full frontal.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yang and Suet Fern already anticipated this ruling. And they have prepared for it. Yang and Suet Fern know that no matter how innocent she is, the kangaroo court of 3 stupid judges will find her guilty. They have a back up plan in place. Suet Fern will simply return to HKG where her company has a large office and work from there. She is suspended in S'pore but the 3 moron judges do not have the ability to suspend her in other countries. She will be welcomed as a hero in HKG. No problem for her. The money she earns in HKG is as good as or better then S'pore. Yang will spend some time there with her and go back and forth. f Gay Loong thinks that he has damaged her in some way, he is stupid.
Depends on the extent they want to fix her.

I am sure they could put pressure on the law society in HK to deny her licence based on record of suspension in SG.