• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Ming yi a Guy?

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
問:我認識一位老修行,但他不斷的犯戒造業,請問我是否應該繼續替他掩飾?

答:你最好把這件事忘記,就是無量功德,會得清淨心。若放在心裡,你想一次他犯戒,就是自己犯一次戒;想他造一次業,就是自己造一次業。他在身口上造業,你在意地上造業。惠能大師言:「若真修道人,不見世間過。」如果能做到這一句,這一生道業會成就;常將別人的過失放在心上,就毀了自己的前途,來生決定墮三惡道。你心不清淨,沒有什麼掩飾不掩飾,這是自己嚴重的過失。21-90-19

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aiya, wat i m saying is to refrain from bad-mouthing Monks if you dun wanna accumulate bad karma n sins. Because monks are a representation of Buddha. Besides, I think MingYi has done tons of goodness. To err is only human. Bad-mouth at your own risk lah, it's ur life anyway....

That is not bad mouth lah. That is call courageous to point fault but it depends how the person put it. If it is put in a sinkie way, then of course, bad karma.

When the authority, be it govt or religious figure, have done wrong, we must point it out.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should change his name to Ming Li... (Fame & Fortune)

Well he got both of them I guess, more so now with his name smeared in public...

:biggrin:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddha has taught us not to bad-mouthed other people, much less a monk. To bad-mouthed a monk is equivalent to bad-mouthing Buddha and that alone is a great sin.

Please refrain from bad-mouthing monks, even though they have erred. To err is human....right?

The monk should first make sure that he has done nothing to let others bad mouthing him in the first place. The case which you have stated indicating we are bad mouthing him cannot stand since it is the truth. Unless of course you tell us that he can do such a thing but we cannot voice objection to it.

Buddha has also taught us that we should not just anyhow accept the doctrines from his teachings, we should follows when it is proven by us to be true. The fact that he has stated such rule to to tell us don't be a blind follower.

Bare in mind that Buddha's intention of this rule was meant for his time when his disciples have really attained certain level of spiritual enlightenment. This rule cannot be applied now as the monk is the ones creating references for people to move away from Buddhism.

Do you even know that my wife who normally not interested in Buddhist affair fumed over reading about his "activities"? She even asked if he really is a monk, let alone practising as a monk?

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Ming Yi was also questioned about expenses chalked up at Jozankei View Hotel in Sapporo, Japan, in April 2005. The two men had shared a room there and five of their acquaintances were in two other rooms."

It is very strange that you will pamper your employee to this extend?
also with their money, why they need to share a room?

There are 3 rooms in total, with 7 guys.

To save costs, have two double rooms and a triple room.

Only those who intend to abuse funds will give themselves single suites for each of the 7.

They did not do this, so why misrepresent them?

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddha has taught us not to bad-mouthed other people, much less a monk. To bad-mouthed a monk is equivalent to bad-mouthing Buddha and that alone is a great sin.

Please refrain from bad-mouthing monks, even though they have erred. To err is human....right?
Please tell that to your master, not here

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I was a buddhist, I would attend the trial everyday, following Goh Kah Heng in every public space possible, wearing a T-shirt with these words printed in bold black...

GOH KAH HENG PLEASE STOP WEARING THE SAFFRON ROBE AND WEAR A DESIGNER SUIT INSTEAD SINCE YOU CLAIM TO BE A MODERN 'MONK'!

This GAY monk brought shame into Buddhism.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps Goh Kah Heng started off with good intentions...but sadly and unfortunately he took the wrong path when he became a 'famous monk'...Goh Kah Heng's 'flesh' is way too weak to be wearing the saffron robe...and to speak of Buddha in the same of breath as Goh Kah Heng is absolutely ridiculous
Aiya, wat i m saying is to refrain from bad-mouthing Monks if you dun wanna accumulate bad karma n sins. Because monks are a representation of Buddha. Besides, I think MingYi has done tons of goodness. To err is only human. Bad-mouth at your own risk lah, it's ur life anyway....

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 3 rooms in total, with 7 guys.

To save costs, have two double rooms and a triple room.

Only those who intend to abuse funds will give themselves single suites for each of the 7.

They did not do this, so why misrepresent them?

It will be too obvious if do so :rolleyes:, unfortunately the truth already unfold.:biggrin:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

若要人不知除非己莫为

The fact is that we never created the accusation, it is revelation at court and people here are expressing their feelings on the matter.

Now you tell me, since you think that we are bad mouthing Ming Yi. what exactly is his intention of getting this assistant of his at all cost, wasting 4 years of effort to apply and appeal for the employment pass, covering up the salary paid to him all these while, giving him sub-card to be used as he pleased, supporting his condo renovation? The attention Ming Yi has given on this guy is simply over the board.

If you are a member of the Buddhist society, you should lead the way to have the matter clear as it is not just reputation of Ming Yi but the whole community. The long Ming Yi play with his charade the worse he is doing to Buddha's reputation. Don't come and give excuse to shut people up.

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree provided the monk is a genuine and a sincere monk.

It would be a different matter if the monk is a fake monk who uses donors' money to enjoy life (using donors' money to pay for brand-name goods and top-end hotel services).

jw5

Loyal
Perhaps Goh Kah Heng started off with good intentions...but sadly and unfortunately he took the wrong path when he became a 'famous monk'...Goh Kah Heng's 'flesh' is way too weak to be wearing the saffron robe...and to speak of Buddha in the same of breath as Goh Kah Heng is absolutely ridiculous
Most people started off with good intentions, right?
It's power and money and sometimes sex that corrupts them.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
some already begin with bad intention. it's just a matter of time before their real intention is being exposed.

sometime it is very puzzling. even when exposed, many still cannot accept the facts and still prefer to adore their idol, e.g, chee soon juan.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

2363096111_dc291cb674_o.gif
MingYi-ST_0.jpg

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
2363096111_dc291cb674_o.gif

leetahbar​

some already begin with bad intention. it's just a matter of time before their real intention is being exposed.

sometime it is very puzzling. even when exposed, many still cannot accept the facts and still prefer to adore their idol, e.g, chee soon juan.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

答:你最好把這件事忘記,就是無量功德,會得清淨心。若放在心裡,你想一次他犯戒,就是自己犯一次戒;想他造一次業,就是自己造一次業。他在身口上造業,你在意地上造業。惠能大師言:「若真修道人,不見世間過。」如果能做到這一句,這一生道業會成就;常將別人的過失放在心上,就毀了自己的前途,來生決定墮三惡道。你心不清淨,沒有什麼掩飾不掩飾,這是自己嚴重的過失。21-90-19

are you sure to close your mouth while letting others doing wrong is buddhism? are you sure to close your mouth all the time and tolerate those who perform sinful acts in the name of buddhism is buddhism?

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you even know that my wife who normally not interested in Buddhist affair fumed over reading about his "activities"? She even asked if he really is a monk, let alone practising as a monk?

maybe this case is good as it will create greater awareness of the true buddhist ways

Spermlord

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said! This is wat i meant when i told forummers not to bad-mouth the monk. Your own imperfections resulted in you seeing other people as imperfect beings, and will invariably lead to your own negative karma.

Just let him be. In my opinion, he is a Bodhisivittas who has the heart and compassion to setup a hospital to care for the sick and old, can u do likewise?