• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Ming yi a Guy?

jw5

Loyal
I humbly submit that Mr Goh should voluntarily defrock himself during the duration of the trial. He should dress in civilian clothes. The sight of him in monk robes in both print media and tv makes one quite uncomfortable. Buddhism is under siege because of him and his posse of personal assistants. So high profile when performing stunts, now even higher profile in court trial!:(
so paiseh and paikuah!
He will never voluntarily do so.
Just hear his reasons and explanations in court as reported and you will understand his thought process better.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right again! This is what I meant. Don't be too quick to pass judgement on others. Look at yourself for once. It's only human to err.

Let go and forgive, in my opinion, he has done much more Good than most of us here, agree?

...if there is anything that we can find to forgive in the first place. You forgive if someone is remorseful and ask for forgiveness. Has Ming Yi learned from his mistake? If he has, not only I forgive him, I will support him in return.

I read from the development from the paper yesterday. Indeed he has gone through much struggle during the 90s when he took over Fu Hai Cha'an Si and Ren Ci after that. It could really be his genuine urge to help the people at Ren Ci. But some where on the way, he is lost, it is understandable that this would happen to anyone including monks with spiritual practise.

The most important thing is that he realized that he has headed for the wrong direction and do a U-turn right away. I am very sure he has learned none, until yesterday of course.

Another thing I believe Ming Yi need to answer, who exactly is Raymond Yeung and what is their relationship? When I saw them on ST this morning, I can't help but to note the strong resemblance between the two. Starting from the mouth, the chin, facial contour, eye lashes and even the eyes. This Raymond guy is almost like Ming Yi when he was young.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho Ching will say thank you to you! It's nice that most people are like you. So forgiving. Heaven has a spot reserved for you I'm sure!
By the way, the gay monk has a recessed chin, the high maintenance partner doesn't.

Even to forgive, you need to know if the person is sincerely remorseful. What happened at court yesterday could be a fake for sympathy, it could also be real. I believe there is still a genuine goodness in him, it is just that he has been blinded by the sudden influx of wealth and power. Ho Jinx? Not a chance.

Although not exactly the same, the picture on ST this morning does indicated very similar contour. I am suspecting it is highly likely a very close and dear cousin of his, or even brother of different father?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote: "He will never voluntarily do so.
Just hear his reasons and explanations in court as reported and you will understand his thought process better."

:biggrin: Bro u r quite right. I also think he has a sort of mental complex. Perhaps he still think of himself as a celebrity monk, literally thinking about his past achievements, his high-flying days in the public eye! His tears were not shed because he felt remorseful but more likely he felt that he has been wronged.
His many excuses and explanations in court seem to reinforce this point! He who can do no wrong- a very modern-living monk indeed.:eek:

CNY_OX09

Alfrescian
Loyal
most probably,he see the potential of a religious person.
he decides to become one and enjoy all those stuff.
those reasons/excuses that he gave in court,is simply rubbish.
he thought it is alright giving loan to an non-employee (raymond's working permit was not approved,when he gave him the loan). even if give loan to an employee,there must be some process to follow.
who do he think he is, just an CEO. to me,he is not even fit to be an religious person.
those stunts that he did during those charity's shows,is just like Durai. to generate more funds coming in,so that he can have more money to siphon or divert to his other businesses (which he claims was open to generate some extra income/money to supplement the hospital and clinics. all bullshits.

i think he and that Raymond maybe have something going in the background.
else why treat him so good.

he should be strip off all his titles even those of a religious and expel from the Buddhist Federation.

a monk should not be thinking of those enjoyment,brand stuff and modern technology stuff,this is what he claims,he is also human being and young,so it is alright to still thinking of all those things.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
...if there is anything that we can find to forgive in the first place. You forgive if someone is remorseful and ask for forgiveness. Has Ming Yi learned from his mistake? If he has, not only I forgive him, I will support him in return.

I read from the development from the paper yesterday. Indeed he has gone through much struggle during the 90s when he took over Fu Hai Cha'an Si and Ren Ci after that. It could really be his genuine urge to help the people at Ren Ci. But some where on the way, he is lost, it is understandable that this would happen to anyone including monks with spiritual practise.

The most important thing is that he realized that he has headed for the wrong direction and do a U-turn right away. I am very sure he has learned none, until yesterday of course.

Another thing I believe Ming Yi need to answer, who exactly is Raymond Yeung and what is their relationship? When I saw them on ST this morning, I can't help but to note the strong resemblance between the two. Starting from the mouth, the chin, facial contour, eye lashes and even the eyes. This Raymond guy is almost like Ming Yi when he was young.

God used to have an ARCH ANGEL who was quite on par with Him. then arrogance overtook that angel. he is now our friendly devil called SATAN :p

LeeLaoPeh

Alfrescian
Loyal
God used to have an ARCH ANGEL who was quite on par with Him. then arrogance overtook that angel. he is now our friendly devil called SATAN :p

ming yi break off with you to go out with his new boy becuase you last time too arrogent

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Buddhism is a Philosophy of life and NOT a religion.
It teaches how to attain enlightenment.
Enlightenment means no attachments but clearly knows the fundamentals of right and wrong. <----- Then why so little people are actually enlighten ?

Because : When you are enlighten you know there's no right or wrong.

Example : A fool has to go thru many wrong doings b4 he realise. To the Law, to his family and society he's bad. To the master ? It is ok.

That's Buddhism.

The only constant factor in the universe is "Change" Nothing stays the same, ever. There's no definite right or wrong just how you see it or how you want to be.

Anyways... "Talk is Cheap" lol..

Cheers !

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buddhism is a form of study.

It is those greedy people that make it into a religion.

Money-Monk2.jpg

crop_shaolin-monks-3-kung-fu-shaolin-summit-deborah-yun.jpg

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I was a buddhist, I would attend the trial everyday, following Goh Kah Heng in every public space possible, wearing a T-shirt with these words printed in bold black...

GOH KAH HENG PLEASE STOP WEARING THE SAFFRON ROBE AND WEAR A DESIGNER SUIT INSTEAD SINCE YOU CLAIM TO BE A MODERN 'MONK'!

I saw this gay monk once in 112 Katong Mall .... he was in a posh shop selling birdnest n abalone
He was with a male devotee.........

I looked at him a few times n he became uncomfortable....... started staring at me hard

What sort of monk was that? Got convicted and still refuse to disrobe. Sadly in sg there is not buddhist authority like Sangha or brotherhood of monks which has the power to disrobe fake monk like him......................

What is a monk doing in that kind of exquisite shop????

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Ming Yi was also questioned about expenses chalked up at Jozankei View Hotel in Sapporo, Japan, in April 2005. The two men had shared a room there and five of their acquaintances were in two other rooms."

It is very strange that you will pamper your employee to this extend?
also with their money, why they need to share a room?
Ming Yi scare of ghost lor !