• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indefensible.....papee white-washing Singapore history

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha........calling all opps parties and historians........this matter is National embarrassment
Kingrant has highlighted that LKY proclaimed Singapore to be independent on 31 Aug 1963; and Singapore was independent for 16 days to 16 Sep 1965.
Yet there was no mention of this in any history book....
How can we accept such white-washing of Singapore history????
This is the smoking gun.....use it and it will definitely bring down papee in this BE and coming GE...
I say again...credit must go to Kingrant for highlighting such a dispiable act by papee in sbf...

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore was supposed to join the newly constituted Malaysia on 31 Aug 1963 together with Sabah and Sarawak, and thus celebrate the same National Day as Malaya. But this was delayed as a result of several things I won't go into. LKY took the opportunity to unilaterally (thus illegally) declare Singapore independent on 1 Sep 1963 so that he could dissolve the assembly on 3 Sep and call snap polls for 12 Sep 63.

This caught the mainly Barisan opposition by surprise and the PAPzis tightened their grip on power.

http://www.singapore-elections.com/lega-1963-ge/

Not only did Singapore become independent with its own prime minister on 1 Sep 1963, LKY insisted on calling himself pm even when Singapore was part of Malaysia, leading many to comment that Malaysia was a unique country with 2 pms.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...this is no joke because if it is true, i will retire from sbf.....
to call snap poll and whether singapore is independent is 2 different thing....
meaning Singapore don't have to be an independent country (because we already granted self-government before 1963) for the government to dissolve the Legislative Assembly to call snap poll on 12 Sep 1963....

What is your definition of illegally?
Pse also explain why so far nobody disputed the fact that Singapore only became an independent sovereign country on 9 Aug 1965 except u and Kingrant??
Why is it not a big isuue for Singaporean (esdpecially opps parties) to take up with papee if there is such distortion of history??
What is keeping them back despite this open urging to right the official version of Singapore history.

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First, the declaration of independence was unilateral (i.e. made without the express consent of British who still had sovereignty over this colony.) Second, this means Singapore's independence was not recognized by anyone, and would not have been accepted into the UN. In these senses, it was 'illegal', i.e. given no legal recognition by anyone else. LKY was shrewd enough to know that the British would not arrest him, given that independence was just two weeks away. Or else , the Brits might well have been in on this.

Third, while the assembly could have been dissolved without a declaration of independence, LKY would have had to ask the British Governor to do the dissolution, and the governor might not have been as complaint as LKY required him to be for the ploy to work.

hahaha...this is no joke because if it is true, i will retire from sbf.....
to call snap poll and whether singapore is independent is 2 different thing....
meaning Singapore don't have to be an independent country for the government to dissolve parliamenty to call snap poll on 12 Sep 1963....

What is your definition of illegally?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...thank you for the reply...
so back to the fundamental question....did papee white washed Singapore history by officially stating 9 Aug 1965 as the day Sngapore became an independent sovereign country instead of 31 Aug 1963??

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, because that was the last time Singapore became independent.

hahaha...thank you for the reply...
so back to the fundamental question....did papee white washed Singapore history by officially stating 9 Aug 1965 as the day Sngapore became an independent sovereign country instead of 31 Aug 1963??

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, because that was the last time Singapore became independent.
hahaha.....thank you for your views..
i would say that was the first time because Singapore cannot be officially considered an independent country in 1963 because the declaration by LKY was "unilateral/illegal" and not recognised by anyone...
it was as ST put it on 1 Sep 1963...a de facto independence......not a formally recognised (real) independence.

hahaha....kukubird is no historian....i am just a punter.
opps parties pse assess yourself and do what you need to do...few more days left to campaign.

I think all sensible persons can agree that up to cooling days and if this matter is still not brought up by any opps parties, then the conclusion should be very clear:
Singapore cannot be officially considered an independent country on 31 Aug 1963 because it was not recognised by anyone and papee did not white washed Singapore history by omitting this in our history books.

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One question that arises from the UDI on 1 Sep (not 31 Aug) 1963 is whether anything enacted during the UDI period (including the snap poll) was legal. The simple answer would be 'no' but LKY managed to present his new government and assembly to Malaysia as a fait accompli and it was also one that was acceptable to BN, since it had crippled the 'leftists'. So Federal Parliament and Federal Supreme Court did not intervene.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah.........LKY also said S'pore was fishing village..........then a barren land.........

next time, LKY will say the Queen promised to give S'pore to his ancestor...........

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am completely and totally indebted to HTOLAS for explaining patiently to that nincompoop what actually happened. He has done a marvellous job. But it appears that the nincompoop still cannot comprehend the magnitude of this momentous event. He thinks we are all fools, to be able to get U.N. recognition in 16 days?

However, tho proven wrong, and I proven right, the nincompoop will not quit this forum as he promised he would. That's how he is - shapeshifter and twister.

Thanks once again to HTOLAS! Upz you!

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, tho proven wrong, and I proven right, the nincompoop will not quit this forum as he promised he would. That's how he is - shapeshifter and twister.

Thanks once again to HTOLAS! Upz you!

I must say that the statement "I will retire from SBF if Singapore was already formally recognised by any country as an inedependent sovereign country in 1963." has an unmistakable whiff of equivocation.

That will not change his opinion that scroobal is the person most capable of "twisting words", of course.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of cos that snake will craft it in that way. If you read my posts on the matter, I never said it has to be recognised formally. As such, even a de facto independence already proved me right. My stress was on the fact that there were 16 days in which altho S'pore was only de-facto independent, the Old Crow lost no time and took the opportunity to crow hard and loud on City Hall steps with not three Hail Marys but three Merdekas. Ask the fool why Old Crow shouted 3 merdekas. You dont shout Merdeka any old how unless you want to express that the yoke is off your shoulders, and you cannot fault the Old Crow that indeed he had 16 days of independence, albeit ephemereal. Finally, the village idiot here is twisting and turning my words so not surprising he already planned to equivocate. Bloody loser and dishonest.

I must say that the statement "I will retire from SBF if Singapore was already formally recognised by any country as an inedependent sovereign country in 1963." has an unmistakable whiff of equivocation.

That will not change his opinion that scroobal is the person most capable of "twisting words", of course.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah.........like PAP say..............''move on'' lah..............

by the way, just inFUCK you again for using obscene language

You fucking cheebye motherfucking fuck face!

By the way, somebody please infract this guy for abusing his infraction power before he goes on a rampage of infracting people? Kumsiah!

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You fucking cheebye motherfucking fuck face!

By the way, somebody please infract this guy for abusing his infraction power before he goes on a rampage of infracting people? Kumsiah!

keep up your foul language lah...............use foul language against PAP lapdogs lah.............

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

bring it on and I look forward to follow up this disucssion further and learn from the pro here.

Well done and thank, bro.

First, the declaration of independence was unilateral (i.e. made without the express consent of British who still had sovereignty over this colony.) Second, this means Singapore's independence was not recognized by anyone, and would not have been accepted into the UN. In these senses, it was 'illegal', i.e. given no legal recognition by anyone else. LKY was shrewd enough to know that the British would not arrest him, given that independence was just two weeks away. Or else , the Brits might well have been in on this.

Third, while the assembly could have been dissolved without a declaration of independence, LKY would have had to ask the British Governor to do the dissolution, and the governor might not have been as complaint as LKY required him to be for the ploy to work.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....i reread the posts by HTOLAS and i still cannot see how it contradicted what I posted.....
somebody is just out of depth and blindly read from wiki and trying to dig himself out a hole.
Kingrant still doesn't know the meaning of "ïllegal/unilateral/de facto" which means that the status is not formally recognised by anyone
hence it also doesn't matter if it is 16 days or 16 weeks....such a status will not be recognised by UN.
What HTOLAS was also saying was that LKY could have been detained/locked up by the British for making the unilateral declaration and was lucky to get away with it....because the planned merger was about 2 weeks away.
anyway all posts in sbf are in posterity and readers can read and made their own judgement....

Last edited: