• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I don't want my children to grow up in a post-truth society

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah lawrence shud reply him wif telling him if he dun like sinkielan, migr8 ...

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We need more MP's like that, whatever their race, and if you pit Paul Anantharajah Tambyah against LHL , I will vote for Prof Tambyah any day .

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
ChatGPT :

When a politician says, "I don't want my children to grow up in a post-truth society," they are likely expressing concern about the erosion of truth and facts in public discourse and decision-making.

The term "post-truth" refers to a situation in which emotions and personal beliefs are more influential than objective facts when shaping public opinion and policy. In a post-truth society, there is a greater willingness to accept and promote ideas that are not based on evidence or facts. This can have serious consequences for democracy, as it can lead to a breakdown in trust in institutions and a lack of accountability for those in power.

By saying they don't want their children to grow up in a post-truth society, the politician is expressing a desire for a society in which facts and evidence are valued and respected. They may be advocating for policies and practices that promote truthfulness and accountability, such as transparent government and media, fact-checking, and education on critical thinking and media literacy.

ChatGPT / Lingam Shiok

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then migrate your children la. Can siam NS, CPF, GST and whatever govt policies that you disagree with.