• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Lawrence Wong - Sinkies should forget about 5Cs, instead live life with passion and purpose!

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next generation little sinkies going to have a tough time , even paying for a bto will becomes a challenge.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Singapore Dream no longer the '5Cs' but leading purposeful lives, says DPM Wong

Lawrence Wong should take a massive pay cut. After he earns less than $5,000 per month, he can find fulfilment, meaning and purpose in life like the average S'porean. LOL!

jw5

Loyal
CSJ asks Lawrence to stop the bullshit. :thumbsup::eek::laugh:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

8 h ·
The PAP is in trouble and DPM Lawrence Wong knows it.
That’s why Mr Wong is now trying to reframe the picture and re-position his party for the next general elections.
He said yesterday, launching the Singapore Forward report, that the Singapore Dream is no longer just about the 5Cs.
Let’s be clear, there’s no 5Cs – it died a long time ago. The PAP has not been able to deliver what it promised Singaporeans all these years and now it is practising the art of distraction.
As retrenchment and unemployment grow, and the cost of living skyrockets, the PAP is desperately trying to shift attention away from its broken promises by telling Singaporeans that life is more than just the 5Cs. It’s not just about “I, me, and mine,” Mr Wong says, “it’s more about we, us, and ours.”
Before we switch pronouns, he should first explain why he and his cabinet colleagues say “I, me mine” when it comes to their million-dollar salaries and “us, we and ours” when it comes to the people having to live with biting inflation.
He should also explain why he is giving Singaporeans another financial whack when he increases the GST to 9% next year.
Third, he should address the question of why his fellow ministers, K Shanmugam and Vivian Balakrishnan, rent gigantic government bungalows when ordinary citizens are made to live in tiny HDB flats.
Even more unbelievably, Mr Wong says that the Singapore Forward manifesto “is not a top down government agenda.”
So, what does he call his party dictating to Singaporeans what, where and when we can speak; continues to use defamation suits and POFMA directives against its critics; and introduces election laws that cripple the opposition?
He waxes lyrical that Singaporean lives should be about “fulfilment, meaning and purpose”.
Here’s a question for Mr Wong: How does he expect citizens to live meaningful and purpose-filled when the police even investigate one lone individual for holding up a sign calling for peace in Israel and Palestine – and at Speaker’s Corner to boot? How much more meaningless can our citizenship be?
For Singaporeans to truly live fulfilled lives, we need to be empowered in our own country and to be able to exercise the full franchise of our citizenship.
To experience a meaningful existence in this country, citizens should not have to whisper when we criticise our rulers.
To lead lives with purpose, we need to know that Singapore is our home, not just a hotel.
Everything else is just words – words that Mr Wong and his party mates will no doubt repeat, quite emptily, at the next GE.
May be an image of 1 person and text that says Us, we and ours?

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ asks Lawrence to stop the bullshit.
The PAP is in trouble and DPM Lawrence Wong knows it. That’s why Mr Wong is now trying to reframe the picture and re-position his party for the next general elections.
He said yesterday, launching the Singapore Forward report, that the Singapore Dream is no longer just about the 5Cs. Let’s be clear, there’s no 5Cs – it died a long time ago. The PAP has not been able to deliver what it promised Singaporeans all these years and now it is practising the art of distraction. As retrenchment and unemployment grow, and the cost of living skyrockets, the PAP is desperately trying to shift attention away from its broken promises by telling Singaporeans that life is more than just the 5Cs. It’s not just about “I, me, and mine,” Mr Wong says, “it’s more about we, us, and ours.” Before we switch pronouns, he should first explain why he and his cabinet colleagues say “I, me mine” when it comes to their million-dollar salaries and “us, we and ours” when it comes to the people having to live with biting inflation.
Lawrence Wong is telling S'poreans to forget the 5Cs. Will he listen to us when we tell him and his fellow overpaid, overhyped and overrated Ministers to give up the 5Cs as well? What happened to the "We"?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Laulan Wong, how can sinkies have a purposeful life when your policies are always screwing us and benefitting foreign trash?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lawrence Wong knew that 5C is not achievable under current situation. Just look at the price of car and public housing. There's no way to afford it for common people. The amount of foreigners working in Singapore.

Now he cleverly shift his lingo to "purpose" and "Passion"

I hope more opposition like LML will be voted in to ask questions.

Laguna123

Alfrescian
Loyal
They anyhow spend money during covid then now cause so much inflation to common sinkie, still taking obscene salary.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
They anyhow spend money during covid then now cause so much inflation to common sinkie, still taking obscene salary.
Economic growth thru high productivity and innovation is best sure work way to get better life...sadly many sinki got it the wrong way

Laguna123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Economic growth thru high productivity and innovation is best sure work way to get better life...sadly many sinki got it the wrong way
Very hard if the gov keep making living expenses high, sinkies are always trying to chase money to just be alive. Further there is no unemployment benefits here like the Ang Moh countries, hence common sinkies wont dare to take risk to venture into business.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very hard if the gov keep making living expenses high, sinkies are always trying to chase money to just be alive. Further there is no unemployment benefits here like the Ang Moh countries, hence common sinkies wont dare to take risk to venture into business.
Supply side never expand , how can local price come down.

Local sinki got a sure work huat Cai scheme. Many Chicolate people benefited happily by buying a 150k 3rm BTO and flip it after MOP at 450k already, yet these jokers are keep saying their land are seized, why they never mention if they under jiuhu style gov , can they benefit from this huat big big opportunity?

Laguna123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Supply side never expand , how can local price come down.

Local sinki got a sure work huat Cai scheme. Many Chicolate people benefited happily by buying a 150k 3rm BTO and flip it after MOP at 450k already, yet these jokers are keep saying their land are seized, why they never mention if they under jiuhu style gov , can they benefit from this huat big big opportunity?
Now BTO 3rm where got 150k? Only those older gen get to benefit from flipping.