• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am planning to migrate, thinking of Australia.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi. Am a newbie here at the forum. Please be kind! :smile:

I have a couple of questions with regards to the emigration process, hope you guys can help:

Background:
1. I have fulfilled all the various criteria for a GSM Visa - I am applying as an IT Professional.
2. I submitted the application last year.. but my migration agent tells me that as my skill is not on their immediate list, I need to wait till 2012 before the earliest chance for the interview.

Questions:
1. Is such a long waiting period normal if one's skill is not on the list? Even though qualified on all the other criteria and points?
2. How's the job market like for IT grads with several years experience in the project management field? I am keen on living in Melbourne as there are several people I know there.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Background:
1. I have fulfilled all the various criteria for a GSM Visa -

Try applying for NZ PR first. You can then make your way to OZ once you get an NZ passport after a couple of years of residency.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you all for the sincere advice. I hope to realise the move in one to two years time after personal matters and arrangments are done. Type of job doesnt matter as I don't have my nose up in the air lol. My friend who is in the education, also plan to move.

BTW, I was told buying a farm in oz in general is about sgd400K?

Please let me reinterate my statement : your goal is not about getting a job or buying a land - without a PR-ship.. you are as good as ""nothing". A lot of ppl do not understand this basic process.. It is all about getting a "PR". Upon achieving it, then start exploring ways to make your life better, ie jobs and investment..

As for Farm in OZ, please ask yourself these questions :
a) Do you have experience in farming ?
b) Are you able to mow the lawn on a daily basis for 4-8hrs a day ?
c) Otherwise, get horses or sheeps - but how do you clean up their shit ? or breed them ?
d) No sewage system or water supply.. how do you manage ?
e) Lastly, may I suggest you to visit a bush land, if you can clear the waste timbers or the weeds with ease, you should pass the test to own a Farm..

May the force be with you..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, the uni route is not as easy as it used to be. A lot of PRCs here have to return home because they can't score enough for their IELTs. I'm not sure how difficult IELTs is but I hear that they are raising it to 8.0/9.0 soon. The PRC mei meis I know have to return disappointed that they never could get their PR.

I am confident that the Chinese will keep trying.. Unlike sinkies, most of them are smart enough to work thru the loop holes.. They understand that their basic need is to get a PR, whereas the sinkies are worrying about jobs. Sinkies will fail again and again, coz they are not inclined to the jungle environment. The Chinese will try again and again (at all cost) to achieve their goals. These ppl are from 2 different worlds !

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try applying for NZ PR first. You can then make your way to OZ once you get an NZ passport after a couple of years of residency.

Thanks for the advice. I checked up on the requirements for NZ. Seems easier than AU indeed. Now that my AU application is in process, should I simultaneously apply for NZ?

What are the chances of obtaining AU PR since I have already qualified on all the listed criteria for application?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, I told them to go back to hire a 抢手,hired guns, to pass their IELTS back home.

I am confident that the Chinese will keep trying.. Unlike sinkies, most of them are smart enough to work thru the loop holes.. They understand that their basic need is to get a PR, whereas the sinkies are worrying about jobs. Sinkies will fail again and again, coz they are not inclined to the jungle environment. The Chinese will try again and again (at all cost) to achieve their goals. These ppl are from 2 different worlds !

citizen2116

Alfrescian
Loyal
U need lots of luck n timing. Call d embassy from time to time n speak to the officer as sometimes ur file is forgotten because u are nt the candidate that is wanted. U might get lucky because when they have not use their quota, they will offer to u or the quota is wasted

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please let me reinterate my statement : your goal is not about getting a job or buying a land - without a PR-ship.. you are as good as ""nothing". A lot of ppl do not understand this basic process.. It is all about getting a "PR". Upon achieving it, then start exploring ways to make your life better, ie jobs and investment..

As for Farm in OZ, please ask yourself these questions :
a) Do you have experience in farming ?
b) Are you able to mow the lawn on a daily basis for 4-8hrs a day ?
c) Otherwise, get horses or sheeps - but how do you clean up their shit ? or breed them ?
d) No sewage system or water supply.. how do you manage ?
e) Lastly, may I suggest you to visit a bush land, if you can clear the waste timbers or the weeds with ease, you should pass the test to own a Farm..

May the force be with you..

QXD
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message

Alfrescian
My Reputation: 212
Posts:1,040Rep Power:5 Re: Singaporean in Australia - Yet another Story
Nice story. It's humbling successes like these that show the best in the resilient human spirit.

At least not like the axe168 modus operandi where he tries brag with his bad metaphors and broken english and yet comes across as a shady liar.
Last edited by QXD; 16-08-2011 at 05:22 PM.

"DYNASTIC WEALTH, THE ENEMY OF A MERITOCRACY, IS ON THE RISE"

- Warren Buffett, to the US congress. The man gives BILLIONS away to charitable causes. COMPARE this to the "mehLEEtocracy" in PAP's rhetoric of greed.

Reply With Quote .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16-08-2011 06:06 PM #54 scroobal
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message

Alfrescian
My Reputation: 536
Posts:9,131Rep Power:13 Re: Singaporean in Australia - Yet another Story
That guy helped destroy the folder. His buddy from Canada finally got caught cheating forummers migrating to Canada. Birds of a feather.

Originally Posted by QXD
Nice story. It's humbling successes like these that show the best in the resilient human spirit.

At least not like the axe168 modus operandi where he tries brag with his bad metaphors and broken english and yet comes across as a shady liar.

axe168, your are a liar and cheater. :rolleyes:

http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?98963-Singaporean-in-Australia-Yet-another-Story/page3

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U need lots of luck n timing. Call d embassy from time to time n speak to the officer as sometimes ur file is forgotten because u are nt the candidate that is wanted. U might get lucky because when they have not use their quota, they will offer to u or the quota is wasted

What has the embassy got to do with immigration matters other than providing the front desk service on their behalf?

It is becoming very clear that Immigration is very concerned with too many China migrants in Australia because a case officer told me about their lack of understanding of laws.

What this is leading to are more intolerance between the different communities.

In Paris and Rome, China people are getting mugged violently by other communities because of their single-minded pursue of money without regards to laws, and they carry money around them and not in banks. There is a immigration rort going on with Chinese in Europe and it will get worse with Europe in recession. Even in small towns, esp in Portugal, there are Chinese restaurants.

Europeans cannot tell the difference between Chinese Singaporeans and Chinese nationals so I also get racism over there. Even the Romanian/Bosian/Bulgarian gypsies tried to pick my pockets but I took photos of some of them before they had a chance to strike.

Expats have been advising me to dress local but I cannot change my Asian face to look like a Eastern European pickpocket. hahaha

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is no need to sue you. i will do my part by warning fellow newbies what an dishonest guy you are. :cool:

I am proud of what i do... my decision is above board :smile:

The only people who bad mouthed, are those hiding behind their nick, digging problems instead of resolving them.

When you get them to reveal all, man-to-man, they'll chicken out !

Good on you !

You deserve triple A rating. haha.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am proud of what i do... my decision is above board :smile:

The only people who bad mouthed, are those hiding behind their nick, digging problems instead of resolving them.

When you get them to reveal all, man-to-man, they'll chicken out !

Good on you !

You deserve triple A rating. haha.

axe168,

you are just another nick hiding behind the computer screen. same as all here. you got reveal your real identity online. yawn. bullshit.

you chicken out?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KEEP YOUR CURRENT JOBS, PERTH PEOPLE

Rounding up some mates to go to the pub tomorrow, one runs engineering firm that has since closed because all the staff run to mining jobs.
Another telling me how Perth unemployment will get worse because of the strong AUD$.
The last telling me that she is uncompetitive for accounting jobs (working from home) and the companies are saving cost and outsourcing accounting to Malaysia.

Needless to say, no pubbing tomorrow.

For those already established here, life is still good. Those working for govt need to wait longer to promote because the babyboomers are NOT retiring.

For those thinking of migrating to Perth mid-career, perhaps you want to find out more.

For those students, go study something that will get you jobs when you graduate. Like Engineering.

WA unemployment rate jumps sharply to 4.4%
Courtney Trenwith
September 8, 2011 - 11:33AM

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/w...arply-to-44-20110908-1jyya.html#ixzz1XNfPAyqD

Last edited:

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, the uni route is not as easy as it used to be. A lot of PRCs here have to return home because they can't score enough for their IELTs. I'm not sure how difficult IELTs is but I hear that they are raising it to 8.0/9.0 soon. The PRC mei meis I know have to return disappointed that they never could get their PR.

Not easy even for native English speakers, my partner is in education that's what she told me.
Too many PRC nationals come through education route to get their PRs but couldn't land a job anyway(because of their poor language skills) despite graduating with postgraduate degrees. Politically the government was trying to stop the rising of asian immigrants (esp those from China and india) which have had formed the largest immigration group behind Britain in the last few years.

earmosim

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now is five years. You need to hold 5 yrs of nz PR before can apply to nz citizenship.

Using NZ passport does not give you automatic right to Autralia PR. ( law changed in 2001). It does give you right to work and stay in australia indefinately under SCV ( special category visa).

After 5 yrs, if you still have energy, go for it....

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not easy even for native English speakers, my partner is in education that's what she told me.
Too many PRC nationals come through education route to get their PRs but couldn't land a job anyway(because of their poor language skills) despite graduating with postgraduate degrees. Politically the government was trying to stop the rising of asian immigrants (esp those from China and india) which have had formed the largest immigration group behind Britain in the last few years.

You see a lot of ah nehs and PRC in Perth. Sometimes, it is not that I am racist, but they give that kind of pitiful look when applying for jobs and show their real :oIo: face after they are employed- and they wonder why they are not employable anymore. We are not dumb employers.

There is a trend towards employment preference for Anglo Saxons these days. Everything looks above board, but a less qualified Anglo Saxon will get the job over a well-qualified Asian migrant.

It is also men over women. IF A REDHEAD WHO LOOKS LIKE JULIA GILLARD COME FOR JOB INTERVIEWS, GOOD LUCK TO HER!!!

I am appearing less in the interview panels as well.

Some of the best excuses I have heard my colleagues mentioned on interview feedbacks are:
"talked too much",
"insufficient experience",
"unable to express him/herself"

Let's face it, multiculturism and equal opportunity workplace is becoming quite BS in the workplace. At best, it is tolerated by the bosses.
The best for Asians is to look for government jobs because they do diversity surveys to show the pressence of non Anglo Saxon in the workforce.

SO IF ASIANS CANNOT FIND A JOB IN PERTH, DO NOT BE DISHEARTENED AND THINK YOU ARE NO GOOD. We are as good, just need to appreciate the work culture that we need to talk things over. Even Sydneysiders get annoyed with how we do things.

I suspect it is because of Kevin Rudd ripping up the Howard employment laws, the bad reputation of Asian Tigers, Boatpeople, arrogant scheming untrustworthy Indians and salary-undercutting loud-mouthed hot tempered Chinese played up in the mass media and going around the words of mouth.

Even I also get frustrated with these Indian antics when out shopping. When you see a huge Merc or BMW SUV blocking the roads or not giving way, it is usually a newly arrived highly paid upper caste ah-neh doctor or engineer.

Things may sound really bad from the way I write but then it is not that bad,, I can write these things and still feel comfortable in my current environment - mainly because I am established here. But I still cannot stand the shit I get working in Singapore. "Know your enemy, know yourself ....." Sun Tze

Singaporean mother want to know why I decided to buy a Volvo over a German car when the cost similar! Why drive a "tank" when I can have a car. But my life is about enjoyment too. I will get a car I like, not one that someone think I should appear in.

Last edited: