• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to improve your business thread .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
as you know im doing my own business ..and im not educated ( i dont study business in school too ) all of my business is using trial and error method , nobody guide me throughout my business . i just apply some common sense and survive until now ..now i wanted to improve my business and bring my business to the next level ...hope anyone here can ADVISE me ( sam , correct english anot ) . this thread is also for anyone who wanted to start their own business . lets learn from one another mistake and different way of doing business from different perspective .

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend, quite a successful bizman, once told me that in order to succeed in your biz, you must have the X factor compared to others. I was then a mata mata. Upon probing, I was told it meant something extra or extraordinary compared to your rivals.

When I look around, the people armed with business degree, even MBA aren't into biz themselves. They talk machiam expert but ask them put money in, they all scared. The successful bizmen I know are bo degree type. You use biz terms like ROI etc etc, they will ask you what's that. My point is, a biz degree does not mean one is ahead of another without a degree.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My friend, quite a successful bizman, once told me that in order to succeed in your biz, you must have the X factor compared to others. I was then a mata mata. Upon probing, I was told it meant something extra or extraordinary compared to your rivals.

When I look around, the people armed with business degree, even MBA aren't into biz themselves. They talk machiam expert but ask them put money in, they all scared. The successful bizmen I know are bo degree type. You use biz terms like ROI etc etc, they will ask you what's that. My point is, a biz degree does not mean one is ahead of another without a degree.

thankyou bro for your post ...but imho ..i think its good if one did studies some business ...at least know something rather then like me just using trial and error method ..it cause me some expensive mistake in the past and also time wasted .

when i wanted to do new business i like to do what ppl had never done before too . but sometimes its not enough ..without knowing what the market needs .

" They talk machiam expert but ask them put money in, they all scared " .

yes , business needs to have guts , visions and knowing how to execute your plans .

" Upon probing, I was told it meant something extra or extraordinary compared to your rivals ".

yes ...agree . i always think about that .

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thankyou bro for your post ...but imho ..i think its good if one did studies some business ...at least know something rather then like me just using trial and error method ..it cause me some expensive mistake in the past and also time wasted .

when i wanted to do new business i like to do what ppl had never done before too . but sometimes its not enough ..without knowing what the market needs .

" They talk machiam expert but ask them put money in, they all scared " .

yes , business needs to have guts , visions and knowing how to execute your plans .

" Upon probing, I was told it meant something extra or extraordinary compared to your rivals ".

yes ...agree . i always think about that .

Imo, whatever biz one enters, the rental and overheads are key considerations. Let me take the KTV/HFJ biz as examples. If you cannot get back your investment in 12 months, better not enter this biz. This is 'glass' biz. Suay suay kena demerit points must shut at 12am, shut for 1 mth, shut for good, siao liao. But you still get new players in this biz. It's all about taking calculated risks.

The X factor in the KTV/HFJ biz has to be the char bors. Location is not that critical. If sui sui SYT, even joint in Jurong is not far. If bo sui type, walking distance also no use. Better drink at home. I speak from my personal experience.

I opine you are doing alright even without all the degrees. To succeed in a foreign land makes it more commendable.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Drifter - Btw, did you get involved in the Thai disco biz you mentioned previously? Somewhere in the East Coast I recall. Was told Martin's joint in Marina (Joo Chiat 51 owner) suffering heavy losses. From feedback, Planet Paradise (previously Social House at Liang Ct) is doing extremely well. The Thai girls working there majority got standard. Thai models, I was told. But no smoking there.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Imo, whatever biz one enters, the rental and overheads are key considerations. Let me take the KTV/HFJ biz as examples. If you cannot get back your investment in 12 months, better not enter this biz. This is 'glass' biz. Suay suay kena demerit points must shut at 12am, shut for 1 mth, shut for good, siao liao. But you still get new players in this biz. It's all about taking calculated risks.

The X factor in the KTV/HFJ biz has to be the char bors. Location is not that critical. If sui sui SYT, even joint in Jurong is not far. If bo sui type, walking distance also no use. Better drink at home. I speak from my personal experience.

I opine you are doing alright even without all the degrees. To succeed in a foreign land makes it more commendable.

yes ..i agree that for ktv/hfj/ hostress bar ..the most important is chio charbo . recently i also into hostress bar biz . in japan , chio is not very important in hostress bar biz ( of course if chio then its a plus point ) the most important is the charbo know how to make man feel good ( when i say feel good , it does not mean " touch " mine is a no touch bar , just drink and play game with customers ) charbo must also know how to sweet talk and make customer feel high and make them spend money on drinks by telling them how rich and how handsome they are and willing to listen to customer kpkb about their own work because in japan those men work very hard . we dont encourage our girls to give customer phone number because if they do , then the customer will ask the woman out to other place ( not hotel ) and will not spend money in your club ...this is the way japan hostess bar work .

bro , theres many factors in biz and i believe its good if we learn more things . thats why i starte this thread ...thankyou for sharing your view .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro Drifter - Btw, did you get involved in the Thai disco biz you mentioned previously? Somewhere in the East Coast I recall. Was told Martin's joint in Marina (Joo Chiat 51 owner) suffering heavy losses. From feedback, Planet Paradise (previously Social House at Liang Ct) is doing extremely well. The Thai girls working there majority got standard. Thai models, I was told. But no smoking there.

no bro , after hearing what you said and all my friend said ...i decide not to step into it expecially im not in singapore thats why i started a hostress bar with a friend here . at least its easy for me to know whats going on . you are right , theres many " extra cost " in singapore joint .

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes ..i agree that for ktv/hfj/ hostress bar ..the most important is chio charbo . recently i also into hostress bar biz . in japan , chio is not very important in hostress bar biz ( of course if chio then its a plus point ) the most important is the charbo know how to make man feel good ( when i say feel good , it does not mean " touch " mine is a no touch bar , just drink and play game with customers ) charbo must also know how to sweet talk and make customer feel high and make them spend money on drinks by telling them how rich and how handsome they are and willing to listen to customer kpkb about their own work because in japan those men work very hard . we dont encourage our girls to give customer phone number because if they do , then the customer will ask the woman out to other place ( not hotel ) and will not spend money in your club ...this is the way japan hostess bar work .

bro , theres many factors in biz and i believe its good if we learn more things . thats why i starte this thread ...thankyou for sharing your view .

I think your hostess bar biz is quite similar to the HFJ biz. The singers need to keep their panties on until such a time whereby the customer would go another joint to find another target. The singers must know when to drop panties and when not to. They need to know roughly how much a customer would 'invest' before he stops hanging flowers.

The singers are unlike KTV gals who for $100-150 would follow you to 81. HFJs cater to people who like to chase skirts the hard way. It's all psychological. For a screw (objective), one can go Geylang or even use the internet. KTVs too. But for some males, the prefer to get emotionally involved before screwing. Some believe singers are 'cleaner' coz they are more class.

Unlike your biz, singers here are required to contact the customers coz they need to book tables (2 a week). Yes, there are some who would take $$$ from the customers during non-office hours. I know many got gifts like LVs, Rolexes etc. These gifts, the bosses LL. Can't take a cut.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no bro , after hearing what you said and all my friend said ...i decide not to step into it expecially im not in singapore thats why i started a hostress bar with a friend here . at least its easy for me to know whats going on . you are right , theres many " extra cost " in singapore joint .

I opine you made the right decision not to participate in S'pore. You need to be present or have someone you trust to be there for you. Very easy to get cheated if not careful. It is happening daily!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think your hostess bar biz is quite similar to the HFJ biz. The singers need to keep their panties on until such a time whereby the customer would go another joint to find another target. The singers must know when to drop panties and when not to. They need to know roughly how much a customer would 'invest' before he stops hanging flowers.

The singers are unlike KTV gals who for $100-150 would follow you to 81. HFJs cater to people who like to chase skirts the hard way. It's all psychological. For a screw (objective), one can go Geylang or even use the internet. KTVs too. But for some males, the prefer to get emotionally involved before screwing. Some believe singers are 'cleaner' coz they are more class.

Unlike your biz, singers here are required to contact the customers coz they need to book tables (2 a week). Yes, there are some who would take $$$ from the customers during non-office hours. I know many got gifts like LVs, Rolexes etc. These gifts, the bosses LL. Can't take a cut.

yes you are right ...my hostess biz is about psychological games ...we never let our girls go out with customers or sleep with customers if kena caught by us ...tomorrow they dont need to come work liao ....im very firm on that ...once customer get to let the woman open leg those customer will go to other clubs liao and fish other hostress .. so its very important for us to play mind game in this trade .

yes , when customer want to book table we have a number for them to call . in our biz we have to control customers :wink: but we welcome customer to buy expensive gift to the girls but must give the gift inside our club .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I opine you made the right decision not to participate in S'pore. You need to be present or have someone you trust to be there for you. Very easy to get cheated if not careful. It is happening daily!

yes...i think singaporean biz man not very honest ....sibey scary .

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes...i think singaporean biz man not very honest ....sibey scary .

Friends' money always easier to makan coz of the trust factor. Hard for strangers to cheat you. From my knowledge, lose money less problem than make money. When make money, those with smaller shares will kpkb that they contributed more either by spending more at the club or bringing more people to spend there. The bigger shareholders will also have their own grievances. Very headache. Best to do it either solo or just 1 or 2 others involved. Old people always advice that as friends, better not invest in biz together.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Friends' money always easier to makan coz of the trust factor. Hard for strangers to cheat you. From my knowledge, lose money less problem than make money. When make money, those with smaller shares will kpkb that they contributed more either by spending more at the club or bringing more people to spend there. The bigger shareholders will also have their own grievances. Very headache. Best to do it either solo or just 1 or 2 others involved. Old people always advice that as friends, better not invest in biz together.

" When make money, those with smaller shares will kpkb that they contributed more either by spending more at the club or bringing more people to spend there" .

i think that one only happen in singapore ....please correct me if im wrong .

yes , i think the best is to find one or two business partner ( if you dont have much funds ) and both have the same style of doing biz and same vision for the biz .

bugeyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
interesting thread :smile:...a bit offtopic, but i am really curious, and think i could get my answer here :p...know of a friend who works for someone else. His job is to collect money once a week at Geylang and get paid OK considering only need to work 4 days a month . Not Ah Long business i was told. What kinda business is this ? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You two ah, whole thread just both of you talking only. Just give each other phone number and chat lah. Skype, MSN, Google phone all can use. Anyway, A friend of mine, from PRC, asking me to help her start a biz, her english isn't very good. I suppose I will see how things go and help out as much as I can. Its interesting that people need your help and they have cash. You think its ethical to charge them a commission fee?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You two ah, whole thread just both of you talking only. Just give each other phone number and chat lah. Skype, MSN, Google phone all can use. Anyway, A friend of mine, from PRC, asking me to help her start a biz, her english isn't very good. I suppose I will see how things go and help out as much as I can. Its interesting that people need your help and they have cash. You think its ethical to charge them a commission fee?

now then you come in ....if you come in early can talk to you too ...dont jealous lah . i think its ok for you to charge them depends on how close you are with her . if helping her going is going to make you busy ...its ok to charge her . theres nothing wrong with goodwill fee .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
interesting thread :smile:...a bit offtopic, but i am really curious, and think i could get my answer here :p...know of a friend who works for someone else. His job is to collect money once a week at Geylang and get paid OK considering only need to work 4 days a month . Not Ah Long business i was told. What kinda business is this ? :biggrin:

dont know leh :wink:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
See how lah, She actually bought a place near mine as well. I actually helped out in that as well. Maybe need to think long term for this.

now then you come in ....if you come in early can talk to you too ...dont jealous lah . i think its ok for you to charge them depends on how close you are with her . if helping her going is going to make you busy ...its ok to charge her . theres nothing wrong with goodwill fee .

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Aiyo so early who wake up so early after late night in SBF so of course only these two guys talking la, now I wake up liao so I can join too. Ok for your case if you have no share in this business (better not if you don't know them deep enough) then you just collect commission la, its not ethical if you don't collect commission because they will owe you favour which is no good for them favour is difficult to pay in future.