• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to improve your business thread .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My 2 cents worth on the 2 key things to improve our business:

1. Be numeric and have some basic accounting and finance knowledge, so that we can at least understand your revenue, profitability,
margins, cashflow, simple financial statements and perhaps even some simple financial modelling for our future business plans.

2. Understand the "what, who and where" of what we are trying to sell or what services we are trying to provide.

All other things like management, marketing techniques, advertisiing, local laws and customs, manpower requirements, future scaleability,
relationships with partners, customers, suppliers, etc, philosophy, diversification, future funding, etc etc all can follow the above 2 points.
Because if we don't understand the above 2 points, then there's no point in continuing or even starting.

very true bro , thankyou for sharing it here .

ArjanParangToh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arjan me feel that calculation is very important, if want to improve, at least must know asset allocation, diversification, alternative investment...just to name a few.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Half the battle is won if one has some basic understanding of finance, how it works and what to look for in your monthly statement. Ok one thing I always look for is stock and aging, this most of the time shows the health of the business.

very true bro, when my babies becoming adult and ready to breed i know that something wrong with the popularity of that spieces ( im not talking about those i purposely keep for breeding because of its genes ) .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Arjan me feel that calculation is very important, if want to improve, at least must know asset allocation, diversification, alternative investment...just to name a few.

jan , i think the most important for your biz is your parangtoh must be sharp right ? :wink: and must install the unknown fear in your customer right ? :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Half the battle is won if one has some basic understanding of finance, how it works and what to look for in your monthly statement. Ok one thing I always look for is stock and aging, this most of the time shows the health of the business.

bro, first thing to look out for in your monthly statements is that the balance sheet is balanced. :wink:

seriously, the fact that you have stock ageing information shows that at least u get reports to manage your business better.
another thing to have is debtors' ageing, so that u know who to go and play ah long with.................half joking......................:p

jw5

Loyal
i like to add ...in today's world the best is go into cash biz . :wink:

The subsidiary of a company listed in the SGX - Aspial, which is in the jewellery business, is considering a listing on the SGX.
The subsidiary's name is Maxi Cash, a chain of pawn shops.

Perhaps we are not far off from a chain of "licensed moneylenders" being listed......................................

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The subsidiary of a company listed in the SGX - Aspial, which is in the jewellery business, is considering a listing on the SGX.
The subsidiary's name is Maxi Cash, a chain of pawn shops.

Perhaps we are not far off from a chain of "licensed moneylenders" being listed......................................

good insight :wink: