• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to improve your business thread .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Depends on your trade too. Some are more expose to lanjiao lang, some not so.

all trades have lanjiao lang depends on if you can identify them anot :wink: thats why i always say different ppl deserve different treatment . you can see how i treat those idiot at religious folder :wink:

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best is like one person here who open eatery like to employ FT(cheap and loyal). Not like mostly sinkie bochap and always complaint and MC.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro the religious trade has the most lanjiao LANG!!!!!

all trades have lanjiao lang depends on if you can identify them anot :wink: thats why i always say different ppl deserve different treatment . you can see how i treat those idiot at religious folder :wink:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as you know im doing my own business ..and im not educated ( i dont study business in school too ) all of my business is using trial and error method , nobody guide me throughout my business . i just apply some common sense and survive until now ..now i wanted to improve my business and bring my business to the next level ...hope anyone here can ADVISE me ( sam , correct english anot ) . this thread is also for anyone who wanted to start their own business . lets learn from one another mistake and different way of doing business from different perspective .

what's so difficult in doing business ?

most important thing is never to be penny wise and pound foolish.........

also never think more customers means more profit like people slashing prices.............sometimes, by having more customers you lose more money becoz you need to spend much more money to cater to the increased customers....

doing business is something that's inborn.............you either have it or you don't............

end of the day, must have access to capital lah............best if come from mommy and daddy..........

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
drifter said:
yes...i have heard many stories about doin biz with PRC . my good friend is also a living example ..alot of promises but never deliver . regarding about the email from china ..they needed me more then i needed them .thats why i also thinking dont want to do their biz .

Understand the cultural difference in business approach. For Singaporeans, we go by 法理情 (law, logic then relationship in that order). The Chinese practise 情理法 (relationship, logic then law). Based on the above, don't ever think the Chinese will honour your agreement with them. They may appreciate your relationship more. Singaporean investor often rush in to tie up a business agreement. He should, instead, spend more time developing the relationship.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'll be starting my own food business in October, it took a while for me to approach my friend who wanted to expand his business but couldn't find the right help and partner to do so as he also holds a full time job of his own. I've to relearn my cooking skills (picked up during my kitchen part timing when i was younger), costing, marketing, promotion and branding.

I'll be willing to slave for the next 2-3 years, there are always risk involved but no risk no gains. I'm sure you had your reservations and doubts when you first started your own business. Unlike Beshitted who keeps talking about his PRC restaurant (if any), i'm starting real small and dreaming real big. Ideally i would want to employ as many Singaporeans (preferably middle aged), that said kitchen work is tough and if i have to employ foreign workers so be it.

Small success starts with big dreams, big success starts with small steps :wink:

I am sure you will be successful if you do what you said above as I follow a mantra or rather a quote from the famous golfer Arnold Palmer who said: "It's a funny thing, the more I practice the luckier I get"

the secret of business is to know something that nobody else knows :wink:

Hmmm you are right bro, may I be allow to add - differentiation

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what's so difficult in doing business ?

most important thing is never to be penny wise and pound foolish.........

also never think more customers means more profit like people slashing prices.............sometimes, by having more customers you lose more money becoz you need to spend much more money to cater to the increased customers....

doing business is something that's inborn.............you either have it or you don't............

end of the day, must have access to capital lah............best if come from mommy and daddy..........

"what's so difficult in doing business " ?

bro , biz invoved many things ...anything missing then your biz might be in trouble .

" most important thing is never to be penny wise and pound foolish........."

i agree with you 100% .

" also never think more customers means more profit like people slashing prices.............sometimes, by having more customers you lose more money becoz you need to spend much more money to cater to the increased customers...."

bro , if more customers its ok to spend more money in order to keep customer ...dont be like the mrt . sooner or later customer also run away ...but for singapore mrt ...bobian because theres only one train company in singapore .

" doing business is something that's inborn.............you either have it or you don't "

sorry bro , i dont agree with that statement .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Understand the cultural difference in business approach. For Singaporeans, we go by 法理情 (law, logic then relationship in that order). The Chinese practise 情理法 (relationship, logic then law). Based on the above, don't ever think the Chinese will honour your agreement with them. They may appreciate your relationship more. Singaporean investor often rush in to tie up a business agreement. He should, instead, spend more time developing the relationship.

thankyou bro ...for your view .i will always remember what you taught me today .

jw5

Loyal
My 2 cents worth on the 2 key things to improve our business:

1. Be numeric and have some basic accounting and finance knowledge, so that we can at least understand your revenue, profitability,
margins, cashflow, simple financial statements and perhaps even some simple financial modelling for our future business plans.

2. Understand the "what, who and where" of what we are trying to sell or what services we are trying to provide.

All other things like management, marketing techniques, advertisiing, local laws and customs, manpower requirements, future scaleability,
relationships with partners, customers, suppliers, etc, philosophy, diversification, future funding, etc etc all can follow the above 2 points.
Because if we don't understand the above 2 points, then there's no point in continuing or even starting.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My 2 cents worth on the 2 key things to improve our business:

1. Be numeric and have some basic accounting and finance knowledge, so that we can at least understand your revenue, profitability,
margins, cashflow, simple financial statements and perhaps even some simple financial modelling for our future business plans.

Half the battle is won if one has some basic understanding of finance, how it works and what to look for in your monthly statement. Ok one thing I always look for is stock and aging, this most of the time shows the health of the business.