• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng: WP may split

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I take that as "tongue-in-cheek" comment from you. Let me categorically list down what I understand about GMS from now...

When WP did not take action against YSL, GMS criticized WP for not forthcoming with the public. When LTK accepted YSL's resignation, GMC complained the move is a spoiler. Finally after much bashing from GMS online, LTK sacked YSL, but still GMS complained it is too harsh.

...no party in Singapore is ever perfect and there is no need to expose them in a manner that benefited PAP more than any opposition parties.

I could not have said it better than you!
Ironically, both Sam and the other cocksters here are right about him at the same time - an fiesty and passionate individual, but at the same time clueless about garnering crucial support and/or make use of situation to his advantage. Worse still, he has a knack to dig himself a hole and jump in.

Too bad, the msm has saw the juice left in him to cook up an attack - and I am left wondering who is making use of who.

Sad that it has to come to this.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
how different from Yaw is GMS? As a Sec Gen, GMS said that it was ok for the party to use/abuse Nicole Seah's popularity so that people would attend their rallies.

GMS used a young woman to appeal to the masses. Yaw used women for "personal indiscretions"

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/nsp-chief-nicole-seah-wild-card-015220281.html

I take that as "tongue-in-cheek" comment from you. Let me categorically list down what I understand about GMS from now...

When WP did not take action against YSL, GMS criticized WP for not forthcoming with the public. When LTK accepted YSL's resignation, GMC complained the move is a spoiler. Finally after much bashing from GMS online, LTK sacked YSL, but still GMS complained it is too harsh.

Now...I am very confused what GMS actually wanted from WP. The closest clue could be he is horny and wanted full detail of YSL's sex life as to whether there was anal foul play, which pretty women were involved, who performed oral sex or what sexual style they adopted in bed? Come on, we do not need to know the detail, and for the family of those involved, we should not mingle politics with private matter. Discretion has it value by protecting innocent people surrounding the saga since it has no bearings whatsoever on YSL's service to his residents. If YSL choose to move on, we should respect his decision to live a new life. If he wishes to appeal to retain his seat in parliament, he will not hesitate at his own risk of disclosing more details. Thus, it is Yaw's ultimate decision that matter, whether there are unanimous votes to oust him is secondary, since Yaw is now given a 2nd chance to appeal. There is no necessity to scream publicly to exaggerate that WP splitted.

Compare to Yaw's sex story, I find GMS political career was no less dramatic too.
First he started in WP as "subordinate" under LTK leadership. Soon after he lost in Aljunied GRC, he quitted with "grievances?" that he was not able to blend into the party. Silvia Lim stays on as NCMP and I hope GMS reason to leave is not similar to that of Eric's impulsiveness.

Than a very good opportunity and goodwill from NSP, GMS finally sit on the throne similar to that of LTK and assumed greater responsibility. He could have put a good show and persist his leadership to prove LTK his perseverance to manage and control his party members. The last we heard from GMS why NSP lost in election was because his "subordinate" have different strategy or views - thus there was a split of opinion who to field where. I am not sure was it because his party members were difficult to manage? GMS quitted shortly after losing the election.

At this point in time, we could have expected GMS who was once Sec Gen to empathize with LTK position since himself has his own share of leading his team of "difficult" members. Unfortunately I don't see that happening except that he kept speaking to the media in detrimental tone which I believed will not bore well with TOC team and even his friend TKL. I hope if GMS still have a little bit of conscience in him, he should not be taking side with PAP or saved himself further humiliation because whatever he has spoken to msm, the real analyst and political observers are reading too, and they can easily sense revenge more than neutral opinion from him on the basis that these smart people believe no party in Singapore is ever perfect and there is no need to expose them in a manner that benefited PAP more than any opposition parties.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But again and again... u disappoint us. Sam Leong... u are hopeless !!!:eek::rolleyes::oIo:

gms and his wisdom are of vital importance to sbf. without him, it will be a one-sided orgasmic love affair with the wp, and all blind wp lemmings will just fall off the cliff, lapping up each other's lemming butt as they go down, oblivious to the dangers of butt smelling and arse kissing. the pap is above all that as they have decades of experience in cliff avoidance, with their lemmings evolving into higher forms of the rodent genre, such as rats, moles and groundhogs. they don't need a gms to warn them. the oppos however deserve a messiah with a vision unlike any other. otherwise, it's literally too incestuous, cozy and steamy with little to no cross fertilization (pun unintended).

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But again and again... u disappoint us. Sam Leong... u are hopeless !!!:eek::rolleyes::oIo:

Are you saying that I can't have an opinion of my own?:eek:

Goh Meng Seng is a man of action. You may not agree with him but you have to respect his enthusiasm and dedication.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng is a man of action. You may not agree with him but you have to respect his enthusiasm and dedication.

sometimes your post really have a lot of hidden meaning i find LOL

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeah!, termites have the same enthusiasm & dedication as GMS.:mad: only difference you won't hear or see them; fortunately for us, this 'termite' is visible and vocal; a spraying of some herbicide, might do the trick.:biggrin:

maikonglanjiaowei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Seng, mai kong lanjiao wei. You first to split the WP, WP is patching up to get rid of trolls like you.

gms1.jpg

Despite the facade of unity put up by WP leaders in the sacking of Hougang MP Yaw Shin Leong from the party, cracks are appearing within the leadership which may lead to a split in the party, said former WP member Goh Meng Seng.

While WP is in no danger of splitting now, the festering discontent within its ranks may led to a mass exodus from the party later on.

Mr Goh contested in the 2006 General Election under the banner of WP. He resigned abruptly a few months later after being embroiled in an online spat with a netizen which dragged the party into disrepute.

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2012/02/18/goh-meng-seng-wp-may-split/

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Chiam was an MP for 27 years. Does someone who stood for only two elections, and lost, carries the same weight as Chiam?

As for JBJ, read my post again before you start ranting and detract. If Perspective can understand, I don't see how you don't. :rolleyes:

Understanding is subjective and relative, if you read the gist of what I wrote. Why should LTK seek advice from outsiders? Anyway, LTK and CST are on very good terms and LTK do listen sometimes to CST advice, selectively, that's his prerogative and discretion. I don't understand why you're comparing CST to GMS???

knn fucking Goh Maggot Seng is the target here la stop arguing about JBJ and LTK la we all know your insights but no need to display here la. Continue to fuck that Maggot Seng la.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perspective said:
The only thing that will split is his arse.

By the way, we are all blind WP supporters in the (small beady) eyes of the NSP insect. Let us cheers to that.

Ya, his war pants (i.e. wp) have split.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I'm beginning to think some of his haters may be right. Some of his screws seem to be loose

There is nothing lose. This is my full article:

Workers Party may split if Yaw Shin Leong decided to challenge the expulsion decision. I seriously hope my analysis is wrong and such situation could be avoided but there is a high possibility of a split if things don't turn out right. Of course, I would expect a lot of WP members and supporters attacking me for this article but I also hope that they could read it with an open mind and maybe, it could have made them realize unity within the party is what they really need now.

Loss of Two Core members with high support within

Since last General Elections held in 2011, WP has lost two key members: Eric Tan and Yaw Shin Leong. Eric Tan resigned from the party after he felt betrayed by the party leadership when the NCMP seat was not assigned to him, who is the leader of East Coast GRC team. Yaw Shin Leong has been expelled for his refusal to answer to allegation of adultery made against him.

Both Eric Tan and Yaw Shin Leong have very STRONG support base within the party cadre. In fact, they have the highest vote of support from the cadre members during the Ordinary Party Congress among those voted into CEC (The Chairman and Secretary General posts were uncontested) back in 2010.

Both Eric Tan and Yaw SL have led GRC teams in GE2006 and naturally they would have garnered respect and support from the cadre members.

For the party to lose two of the important CEC members, who had garnered top support from the cadres, within such a short span of time would post a big challenge to the current leadership to explain convincingly on why it happens.

Political Acumen

When the Yaw-gate first brewed, I have made several comments on how it should be managed and what went wrong subsequently. However, it seems that WP members and supporters are only concerned about short term interests instead of looking at the issue on a more matured perspective.

This is a worrying sign for WP. It indicates the lack of political acumen on the party members to understand the real issues behind Yaw-gate. More importantly, they are blinded by their loyalty to the party, instead to the core values of opposition.

What is more worrying to me is that some of the WP CEC members actually voted against the motion to expel Yaw SL. (WP confirmed it is not an unanimous decision.) Any seasoned politician would realize that the longer Yaw-gate drags, the more damage would be done to WP as well as the whole opposition movement. Thus it seems that these CEC members are most probably more emotional than rational when they cast their votes of objection.

The apparent lack of political acumen among WP members and CEC members would be a source of instability.

Internal Dyanmics

Any and every political parties will have factional internal dynamics. This is a fact of politics. However, I should caution political players that excessive politicking may just backfire on everybody.

It is a worry that factions may make use of this issue to create a situation which benefits their agenda within. Especially so when members lack good political acumen to make good judgement on what should be the right and good decision for the party.

Imagine what will happen if Yaw SL decided to challenge the expulsion and request for an extra-ordinary party congress?

The accumulative effect of Eric Tan's and Yaw Shin Leong's departure cannot be under estimated. Unless there is pro-active effort from the key party leaders to manage perceptions and expectations within, WP may risk big internal struggle or even a split which will affect its overall image.

Conclusion: Unity is vital

I sincerely hope that young cadre members of WP would look at things from a macro level. It is unfortunate that Yaw SL has done something very selfish and risk creating great damage to WP. Keeping quiet is not an option under such circumstances.

WP's crisis is not over yet. PAP will drag on for the Hougang by-election with the hope that WP internal strife will break it. Unity is the most important for WP to overcome such difficult time. You should be wary of those who wants to use Yaw-gate as the main issue to attack the leadership. It is the best decision Low Thia Khiang has made, though it is made a bit late into the saga.

Goh Meng Seng

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Agree

300px-Char_T-34.jpg

I do respect him for fighting a giant head on. It's not about losing a battle, it's about honour. Some decided to become heroes while others watch on like reading a book or watching a tv program.

Splitting of WP is a bit too early to tell unless we have more conflicts of interest within.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Opportunist, Shameless, Warmongering, Lackey. I really doubt you GMS has any real friends. Every night you must be sucking your thumb and wondering what the fuck you're here on earth for, your friends left you and perhaps even your family members hate you. Look back GMS and reflect what you have achieved in life, its still not too late you're not old yet, you can still be a star or the worst scum in Singapore.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Opportunist, Shameless, Warmongering, Lackey. I really doubt you GMS has any real friends.

GMS can consider me a friend. I have great respect for his political acumen. As you can see from his article, he plans for the long haul and for that he should be commended.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
GMS can consider me a friend. I have great respect for his political acumen. As you can see from his article, he plans for the long haul and for that he should be commended.

Ok GMS you now officially have a kiwi friend, anyone out there want to be his friend?

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a guy who was one of the advisor to TKL PE campaign, it is hard to take him seriously. If GMS is shrewd, he should have ask TKL to step aside and avoid the humiliation.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP's crisis is not over yet. PAP will drag on for the Hougang by-election with the hope that WP internal strife will break it. Unity is the most important for WP to overcome such difficult time. You should be wary of those who wants to use Yaw-gate as the main issue to attack the leadership. It is the best decision Low Thia Khiang has made, though it is made a bit late into the saga.
Goh Meng Seng

It would be better if you could call upon LTK in private and let him know about your valuable inputs. Or send email will do. As you know, the papers and journalists here just can't wait for these sort of news to come from non-PAP mouths so that they can use that to continue to break WP up. If the news come from WP internal leakage, that is their proplem, but as opposition members and outsiders, these comments are best reserved or if genuinely want to let it out of the chest out of concern, do it in private. People reading the papers every day on this somehow will get the negative impression and we will playing into the ploy by dancing to the tunes they planned. Today's papers continue to bite on WP on page 2 of ST. So big somemore.... Phui...

Last edited:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If WP need to split, then split. They voted on the NCMP seat and YSL's expulsion. Majority wins. Anyone who is not satisfied can just leave the party. This is democracy at work. If they don't believe in the party anymore, nobody can force them to stay.

Likewise, if you don't believe in Singapore anymore, just leave the freaking city like YSL did. Singapore is a city whiter than white. Even a simple adultery case can cost your job. If the media reports on each and every Singaporean, probably 49% of Singaporeans will be out of job. The majority of Singaporeans are moralists and you can't change that fact.

definition of moralist - one who is unduly concerned with the morals of others

Who isn't a moralist, please kee chiu. I kee chiu first.