• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng: WP may split

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Going Anywhere

If WP need to split, then split.

Likewise, if you don't believe in Singapore anymore, just leave the freaking city like YSL did.

Singapore's opposition is not going anywhere faster. One step forward, then one step backward. A very tiring situation that will not boost morale.

rickshaw-84.3.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: No Going Anywhere

GMS (2006) : WP in a crisis. They have internet gag orders. Me and CTL are leaving. It's breaking up soon.

GMS (2008) : See what I mean? WP in a crisis. It's breaking up soon. Half the AMK suicide team is joining me in NSP.

GMS (2011) : WP in a crisis. Eric Tan has many cadre supporters and they forced him out. It's breaking up soon.

GMS (2012) : WP in a crisis. YSL has many cadre supporters and they expelled him. It's breaking up soon.

From 2006 to 2011, WP has incresaed representation in Parliament from 1 MP + 1 NCMP to 6 MPs + 2 NCMPs.

Will WP lose an MP seat in Hougang because of the YSL affair? Will WP break up? Let's see.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

GMS (2006) : WP in a crisis. They have internet gag orders. Me and CTL are leaving. It's breaking up soon.

GMS (2008) : See what I mean? WP in a crisis. It's breaking up soon. Half the AMK suicide team is joining me in NSP.

GMS (2011) : WP in a crisis. Eric Tan has many cadre supporters and they forced him out. It's breaking up soon.

GMS (2012) : WP in a crisis. YSL has many cadre supporters and they expelled him. It's breaking up soon ...
風水佬呃你十年八载 ...

ah seng's predictions dun nid dat loong ... :eek: :p

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goodness.

Quote:

"You should be wary of those who wants to use Yaw-gate as the main issue to attack the leadership."
"It is the best decision Low Thia Khiang has made, though it is made a bit late into the saga."

And mind you, these two sentences are not found in separate parts of the article. They are consecutively next to each other in the last para.

Jixiaolan, bring the chap to a doctor please. Or a vet if that doesn't help.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

GMS (2012) : WP in a crisis. YSL has many cadre supporters and they expelled him. It's breaking up soon.

From 2006 to 2011, WP has incresaed representation in Parliament from 1 MP + 1 NCMP to 6 MPs + 2 NCMPs.

Will WP lose an MP seat in Hougang because of the YSL affair? Will WP break up? Let's see.

2015 (GMS): WP will lose Aljunied, party in chaos

2016: WP recapture Aljunied, Hougang + another GRC
GMS: More skeleton in the closet to be exposed, just wait n see n dont say i did not warn, Singaporeans are blind

2021 : WP wins 40% seats and form coalition govt with PAP
GMS: All along i knew WP is not credible, now they hold hands with PAP and i am proven right!

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
JW5, see? Even SNABlog who usually provides only the news and rarely comments, also cannot tahan.

Yeah, I don't even read the brilliant economist cum wannabe statesman's posts anymore.
Simply read all other posts and can figure out what his 'brilliant" insight was.

Just to reiterate that this is not a case of sour grapes, because he has never said that he doesn't want to be an MP.
It's a case of not being able to have it or missing out on it, and not wanting others to have it also.
"It" being an elected MP seat and the fable is "The dog in a manger".

jw5

Loyal
He's obviously not contented with being a commentator/observer and seems intent on maintaining his "popularity" with the electorate.

Ok, cut to the chase, prediction time.

My prediction is at the next GE, he will stand as an independent candidate in an SMC in a 3 corner fight, with a result of 4% and a loss of deposit.
Just wondering whether he would prefer PAP to win (but thousands of opposition supporters hating him because of split vote) or opposition to win (aiyah, "dog in the manger" feeling)

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
My prediction is at the next GE, he will stand as an independent candidate in an SMC in a 3 corner fight, with a result of 4% and a loss of deposit.
Just wondering whether he would prefer PAP to win (but thousands of opposition supporters hating him because of split vote) or opposition to win (aiyah, "dog in the manger" feeling)

I still stick to mine that <s>he</s> it will not <s>appear</s> fly out at the next GE. Perhaps it will be badly itching to, but face from fear of loss and rejection by all parties will lead to a stay-out. The itch will just make him keep pyro-ing WP and by next GE it will look like a Gopalan Nair whom no one is interested in.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The local political scene became less fun with the demise of Harban Singh. But it is ok now. With the emergence of Gohmit Singh, I am looking forward to more comics and jokes.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The local political scene became less fun with the demise of Harban Singh. But it is ok now. With the emergence of Gohmit Singh, I am looking forward to more comics and jokes.

Notice that this GohMit Singh (wonderful nickname, by the way) has fashioned himself into a "non-partisan" commentator. Look forward to more outlandish and outrageous commentary, smearing, double-talk, shit-stirring, and character assassination.

I seriously think he's having loads of fun with this.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notice that this GohMit Singh (wonderful nickname, by the way) has fashioned himself into a "non-partisan" commentator. Look forward to more outlandish and outrageous commentary, smearing, double-talk, shit-stirring, and character assassination.

I seriously think he's having loads of fun with this.

Long time ago, we had Ah Meng.

Then, we had Harbans Seng!

Next, we had Goh Palan Nair!

Finally, we have a combination of all three!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i see pap is using it's massive resources to divide and conquer the opposition. the opposition should not fall into pap trap. no one is prefect, what he do in bed is no business of politic party, unless they are running for pope.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are you saying that I can't have an opinion of my own?:eek:

Goh Meng Seng is a man of action. You may not agree with him but you have to respect his enthusiasm and dedication.

I think you are right, i compare GMS to the picture below. Big and mighty and quite difficult not to notice his presence

biggest-canon-in-world-at-kremlin-maloyaroslavets.jpg

Last edited:

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear sir,

You failed to explain/ elaborate 2 points:

First, what WP should have done since you're unsatisfied with whatever they have done so far.

Second, Eric and Yaw left not because of any problems with WP but because of personal reasons. Was there any bias or discrimination or unreasonableness in their leaving?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear sir,

You failed to explain/ elaborate 2 points:

First, what WP should have done since you're unsatisfied with whatever they have done so far.

Second, Eric and Yaw left not because of any problems with WP but because of personal reasons. Was there any bias or discrimination or unreasonableness in their leaving?

Precisely the point, but he would rather skip to comment on that because he was a twice quitter too.

djent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every party will split someday, even the ruling party, why worry?

There will always be brave men willing to come out of their turtle shells, only thing the waves are always bigger than the turtles, and the turtles will lose their shells forever when they come out.

Someday even the waves will be gone, replaced by foreign waves.