• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Girl, 17, robbed, groped in lift installed with dummy cctv

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is nothin new.. When I was staying in Tampines, a particular block was installed with a camera on the first floor due to the relentless Ah Long attacks.. I always thought it was a real camera until an ex jailbird in his mid 50s who stays on that block told me that it was just a dummy.. Asked him how he knew whether it's dummy camera or not? He told me he knew because he used to burgle houses with dummy cameras back then..:biggrin:

Bro, how come you aLways have Lots funny taLes to spin one ?..:biggrin:
But it's true to the oLd-hand, they can teLL if these cameras are dummies or not.We used to have one dummy
instaLLed at our Lobby for $10 bought from Mustapha.

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it's true to the oLd-hand, they can teLL if these cameras are dummies or not.We used to have one dummy

confirm and double chop..last time price was less than $10..I think Mustafa owner found they were in great demand by PAP town councils so raised the price..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
confirm and double chop..last time price was less than $10..I think Mustafa owner found they were in great demand by PAP town councils so raised the price..
ApparentLy when our neighbours went to buy sometimes Later, aLL the dummies were soLd out; and there were not
anymore repLenished stock.Perhaps it was due to some security protocoLs that they stopped seLLing..

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
ApparentLy when our neighbours went to buy sometimes Later, aLL the dummies were soLd out; and there were not
anymore repLenished stock.Perhaps it was due to some security protocoLs that they stopped seLLing..

no it was sold out cos it was bought by the PAP town councils..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We complain that China Man great copycat, fakers...Kek Leng Better , Kek Leng Hyper store sells " dummy CCTV" for $10 ha ha ha & most likely Kek Leng's TC procurement office shops there...and better check if the lift is not dummy also...parts bought mousethatfar....ha ha ha in Serangoon Rd..

dummies for dummy...:biggrin:

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
We complain that China Man great copycat, fakers...Kek Leng Better , Kek Leng Hyper store sells " dummy CCTV" for $10 ha ha ha & most likely Kek Leng's TC procurement office shops there...and better check if the lift is not dummy also...parts bought mousethatfar....ha ha ha in Serangoon Rd..

dummies for dummy...:biggrin:

agree..this kekleng damn smart one...he managed to con your Sinkapore PAP Town Councils into buying dummy cameras..amazing feat..:biggrin:

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agree..this kekleng damn smart one...he managed to con your Sinkapore PAP Town Councils into buying dummy cameras..amazing feat..:biggrin:

Maybe the lift buttons & faceplates bought from mousthatfar!!, plastic ones, but with silver paint...one day, you press it drops off...$10 a panel...ha ha ha, cut cost mah!...you want LUP for $3,000 that is what you get!! ha ha ha

dummy for dummies...cheap! buy now! Great India Sale!:biggrin:

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My old neighbourhood at Tampines got alot of funny characters.. Druggies, Lau hero gangsters all congregate at this particular 24 hr kopitiam there..

I knew of few chaps staying in Tampines who got themselves in trouble with Ah Longs.. They installed dummy cameras outside their units to deter these Ah Long ''graffiti artists ''.. But these Ah long runners very clever too.. They knew it was just dummies.. So they still did their ''artwork'' on the doors of these debtors.. Got this ex neighbour of mine living above my parents's unit.. A young Malay chap who owned 2 Ah Longs money.. He thought that he was clever when he installed 3 dummy cameras outside his unit.. But his unit still kena splashed with paint..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My old neighbourhood at Tampines got alot of funny characters.. Druggies, Lau hero gangsters all congregate at this particular 24 hr kopitiam there..

I knew of few chaps staying in Tampines who got themselves in trouble with Ah Longs.. They installed dummy cameras outside their units to deter these Ah Long ''graffiti artists ''.. But these Ah long runners very clever too.. They knew it was just dummies.. So they still did their ''artwork'' on the doors of these debtors.. Got this ex neighbour of mine living above my parents's unit.. A young Malay chap who owned 2 Ah Longs money.. He thought that he was clever when he installed 3 dummy cameras outside his unit.. But his unit still kena splashed with paint..

But the PAP run TC cleverer, they install dummy camers...soon they will have state of the art dummy camera, can rotate, with the unmistakable blue hue lens & the tiny LED red light at the side...but it is still a DUMMY!, this one sells for $30. without installation.:biggrin: The Security compamny installing this, a dummy one also..."thambimalu security" with purple T-shirt & bold black lettering...all for $1,000 including, on site installation of 50 cameras & 5 years warranty ( dummy also).

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

One never know , these runners may aLso techies' themseLves too..

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
But the PAP run TC cleverer, they install dummy camers...soon they will have state of the art dummy camera, can rotate, with the unmistakable blue hue lens & the tiny LED red light at the side...but it is still a DUMMY!, this one sells for $30.

reminds me of the case of the stolen bicycles outside the MRT stations, of which these areas are supposedly monitored by CCTVs :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But the PAP run TC cleverer, they install dummy camers...soon they will have state of the art dummy camera, can rotate, with the unmistakable blue hue lens & the tiny LED red light at the side...but it is still a DUMMY!, this one sells for $30. without installation.:biggrin: The Security compamny installing this, a dummy one also..."thambimalu security" with purple T-shirt & bold black lettering...all for $1,000 including, on site installation of 50 cameras & 5 years warranty ( dummy also).

Got this jobless chap in my old neighbourhood who used to own Town Council money.. He then made a deal with the TC to settle monthly payments with them..

In return they asked him for a favour.. He was asked to patrol the area around his block to spot for these Ah Long runners.. The TC knew he was jobless.. Left with no choice, he agreed to be a '' free lance security guard '' during certain nites..:biggrin: Think they did gave him some food vouchers for his hard work at the end of each month.. :biggrin:

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got this jobless chap in my old neighbourhood who used to own Town Council money.. He then made a deal with the TC to settle monthly payments with them..

In return they asked him for a favour.. He was asked to patrol the area around his block to spot for these Ah Long runners.. The TC knew he was jobless.. Left with no choice, he agreed to be a '' free lance security guard '' during certain nites..:biggrin: Think they did gave him some food vouchers for his hard work at the end of each month.. :biggrin:

halsey02 looks like your idea has been taken up..don't worry..not too late ...can still offer your services for free food vouchers

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All this talk about dummies has me wondering if the cameras on the buses are real:confused:
In each bus I've notice that there can be 4+ cameras:eek: I didn't know that there's so much crime on our buses that they need so many cameras:wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
reminds me of the case of the stolen bicycles outside the MRT stations, of which these areas are supposedly monitored by CCTVs :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you go pass any of the SINgpower Installation, ie their sub-stations etc., outside the gate you will be able to read a large sign that says " The premises is monitored by..........." but another sign that says, " if you see any suspicous characters, call 1800 -dummy" ha ha ha I am very bemused by the contradictory statements. Looks like, it depends on who is the summy here.... ha ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All this talk about dummies has me wondering if the cameras on the buses are real:confused:
In each bus I've notice that there can be 4+ cameras:eek: I didn't know that there's so much crime on our buses that they need so many cameras:wink:

The cameras are real I have peeped at the driver's area, you can see the montor there...don't believe, show your 'sign' at any of the camera!, but wether they record, or transmit elsewhere via GPS, that is for the 'dummies' to figure out!:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cameras are real I have peeped at the driver's area, you can see the montor there...don't believe, show your 'sign' at any of the camera!, but wether they record, or transmit elsewhere via GPS, that is for the 'dummies' to figure out!:biggrin:

Wow amazed that our Spore bus companies seem to have more budgetto spend on cameras than the police or the PAP town councils

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng noted many cctv are actually dummies including those speed cameras n redlight cameras what so surprising?:biggrin:many guys will start groping women/girls in lift liao.:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow amazed that our Spore bus companies seem to have more budgetto spend on cameras than the police or the PAP town councils

That was why I was wondering too, the monitor is coloured too, with good pixels...maybe 720p...bet, it is bought in China & the brand SOONY!