• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Galaxy S III better than iPhone5

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doesn't matter if you use an iPhone or an Android phone.

As long as you don't buy a Windows phone, you are a winner.

ms_nokia_elop_ballmer_eng.jpg

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw, samsung has kies. it works similar to itune store

As Bill Clinton would have put it, "It's the content, stupid". Does Samsung have an iTunes store equivalent that lets you purchase movie, music and apps; then seamlessly allows you to play it over your phone, tablet, notebook, PC and TV which having to store all your content offline?

Most iPhone users could not be bothered with hacking their phones or contents just so they can function like an iPhone. Not only can they afford it, they have the social etiquette to respect the copyrights of contents.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hang on

samsung S3 doesnt hang or lag anymore... i tell u what i like...

BOTH smartphones... both has its own advantages... i like android bc it syncs with my google mails and calenders... on the other hand, i also like apple software b/c it has more apps. obviously... they have been longer in the market. they are both fantastic, and i don't mind having either S3 or iPH5 :wink:

S3 hangs and lags like hell.

Can't comment on the iPH5, still waiting to get my hands on it.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This i agree, but i do have a friend who swears by Nokia. For him it's Nokia or nothing.

I use to suspect that he has some shares in Nokia. :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still use my 8800, Don't think I'll get either Iphones or Galaxy whatever.

This i agree, but i do have a friend who swears by Nokia. For him it's Nokia or nothing.

I use to suspect that he has some shares in Nokia. :biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are a specs lover you probably like Android/Samsung. If you need a phone that is easy to use, where most apps work as they intended because they are certified and with generally smooth operation, you will go for Apple.

I am an Apple person. There is one thing I want to talk about specs. For some specs, there is no such thing as good or bad specs. For example a specs such as size. Not so long ago, a small phone is considered high technology because of the degree of miniaturization involved. Today if I cannot squeeze everything into a small phone, I build a bigger phone and claim that you can see better with a larger phone. This marketing hype seems to be succeeding at least for the moment.

I am an old man. I can tell you one secret. Even if you have a screen the size of an iPad, if you cannot focus, you cannot focus. If you cannot focus even at arms length, no larger screen can help you. You need reading glasses.

If you can focus because you are young, then you don't need a large screen because you can always bring the phone closer to you and you can achieve the same angular size. The size of the screen will not be decided by one's eyesight. That is a wrong understanding of physics. It will be decided by real ergonomics. The large screen is a fad. If you really need a large screen, go all the way for a tablet, better ergonomics for that sort of use in my opinion.

Last edited:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

actually quite ok lah the current window phone..not like previous window 6.5..that one worst of the worst....

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
huh? i think screen size do make a different. i now has a ip4, i have problem reading from bbc website as if enlarge font, then must keep shifting left and right but if compact the font till fit the screen, then words are too small. only bbc website got this problem, the rest of the website ok. but having said that, i still prefer my own ip4 to my wife samsung note. i find ip4 much easiler to use and much faster then the anroid samsung.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a specs lover you probably like Android/Samsung. If you need a phone that is easy to use, where most apps work as they intended because they are certified and with generally smooth operation, you will go for Apple.

I am an Apple person. There is one thing I want to talk about specs. For some specs, there is no such thing as good or bad specs. For example a specs such as size. Not so long ago, a small phone is considered high technology because of the degree of miniaturization involved. Today if I cannot squeeze everything into a small phone, I build a bigger phone and claim that you can see better with a larger phone. This marketing hype seems to be succeeding at least for the moment.

I am an old man. I can tell you one secret. Even if you have a screen the size of an iPad, if you cannot focus, you cannot focus. If you cannot focus even at arms length, no larger screen can help you. You need reading glasses.

If you can focus because you are young, then you don't need a large screen because always being the phone closer to you and you can achieve the same angular size. The size of the screen will not be decided by one's eyesight. That is a wrong understanding of physics. It will be decided by real ergonomics. The large screen is a fad. If you really need a large screen, go all the way for a tablet, better ergonomics for that sort of use in my opinion.

It has nothing to do with whatever 'focus' you are blabbing about or being OLD!

It's a mindset thing and you are dead set on NOT learning anything NEW or to re-adapt to another type of phone ( which will amaze you if you're willing). Trying another type of phone is like having a mindset change, which allows one to have an open concept of thinking, where you're willing to see what other possibilities do exist in other phones but to you that is something you cannot 'get out of'.

Speaking of which that is why there exist 60.1 % of dummies like you who are still voting the PAP. Not that by swithcing phones, one would be more willing to vote the oppo but at least it a start to break out of the OLD MOULD.

The above says it all.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
"But Samsung is a copy product! No class"

Before iPhones, samsung already selling touch screen phones like "OMNIA" and others. I think, in Japan, NEC does thus also.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Have tons of apps installed on moi S3...and neber experience any hang or lag...hang n lag r usually coming frm bad apps...remove any task killer apps...they do nothing but hang n lag ur phone...Jelly Bean update nxt mth...yeah...:biggrin::biggrin:

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
iphone is getting worse. wonder if their reception has improved with the new model.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has nothing to do with whatever 'focus' you are blabbing about or being OLD!

It's a mindset thing and you are dead set on NOT learning anything NEW or to re-adapt to another type of phone ( which will amaze you if you're willing). Trying another type of phone is like having a mindset change, which allows one to have an open concept of thinking, where you're willing to see what other possibilities do exist in other phones but to you that is something you cannot 'get out of'.

The above says it all.

The one who cannot accept change, think straight and just follow a fad blindly is you. And the sad thing is you don't even know why you are doung it. By the way, I voted for the Opposition many more years and much longer than you have. So don't bring up this thing about the 60.1% Sinkie when you have no valid argument to support your case.

A large phone is a new concept? Mobile phones were large the first day they were invented and gradually reduced in size with the advent of more sophisticated miniaturization technology. There is no high technology involved in making a phone larger or a screen larger or put in a larger processor.

Doing it in a smaller phone is where the difficulty is. And capturing the same thing on a smaller screen is in fact the most difficult thing to do. How do you put so many things in a small screen? This is where creative thinking and having an "out-of-the-box" mindset comes in. The non-creative method is to make the screen larger in a large phone with a larger battery to drive this screen and a larger processor, then use plastic otherwise the weight will be too high.

The new mindset is why display all the things when 1) you do not need to see all the information and 2) you do not need all the information at the same time. Ever heard of information overload? Probably not in which case all you want to do is what your computer has always been doing on the Internet - download the whole webpage. This is what the computer can do much better than any phone there is and from decades back, not something new.

The new mindset is simplify the webpage: use apps. In the process, simplify life. And you can see that Internet traffic on mobile devices have overtaken normal computers and laptops. Simplification of the entire Internet presence using apps instead of surfing on an Internet browser has made the web so much more a pleasure to access. That is the new paradigm. Those companies still hoping to put a computer into your mobile phone is just a hardware company. We are now a software world and moving to a knowledge one.

And you know what I see as the new paradigm a few years down the road? Phones will not be in the picture unless you are a non-media user. The one device that you carry will be the tablet the size of the traditional handy organizer but without the bulk. Yes you are right - size of the mini iPad, the Kindle etc. And there will be phone function in it. When you make or receive a phone call, you don't put the tablet against your face and ear, like the lousy Ah Beng you are today. You will use blue tooth or some new near field mobile devices that you plug directly to your eat without the need for pairing. If I am not mistaken such a device could have already been on the drawing board and I don't have any insider information to it.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
winner is qualcomm as they license baseband tech and chips to apple and samsung. improvements to the "god" chip help reduce battery life for lte.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hang on

samsung S3 doesnt hang or lag anymore... i tell u what i like...

BOTH smartphones... both has its own advantages... i like android bc it syncs with my google mails and calenders... on the other hand, i also like apple software b/c it has more apps. obviously... they have been longer in the market. they are both fantastic, and i don't mind having either S3 or iPH5 :wink:

Hi Shawna, how many smartphones do you carry these days?

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Speaking of which that is why there exist 60.1 % of dummies like you who are still voting the PAP. Not that by swithcing phones, one would be more willing to vote the oppo but at least it a start to break out of the OLD MOULD.

By the way, I voted for the Opposition many more years and much longer than you have.

Hang on a minute, own people... no fighting please.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thats what I called fair comments, you have both phones and you actually compare it. Those who dont owns an iPhones and say Apple sucks are pure idiots, *Alamaking stares at Cestbon :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Like that you still don't upz him?