• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Galaxy S III better than iPhone5

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it-doesnt-take-a-genius.jpeg

According to Samsung's latest set of print ads, "it doesn't take a genius" to realize that the Galaxy S III is better than the iPhone 5. They claim "the next big thing is already here", slamming the iPhone 5 as not being up to the same standard as the Galaxy S III.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is that Samsung ad that pokes at Iphone owners:confused:

You got to wonder what Samsung is trying to do with ads that alienate their potential customers. Even if you think that phones from Samsung are better would switch to a company like Samsung which pokes fun at you:confused:

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is that Samsung ad that pokes at Iphone owners:confused:

You got to wonder what Samsung is trying to do with ads that alienate their potential customers. Even if you think that phones from Samsung are better would switch to Samsung which pokes fun at you:confused:

Nothing to do with poking fun.
BTW
An Apple cult disciple will not switch to Samsung w/o going thru a long period of withdrawal treatment.

It also does not take a genius to figure out that smart people who have iPhones will want the next BIG thing before switching over to a new phone.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing to do with poking fun.
BTW
An Apple cult disciple will not switch to Samsung w/o going thru a long period of withdrawal treatment.

It also does not take a genius to figure out that smart people who have iPhones will want the next BIG thing before switching over to a new phone.

From the surveys I've read, iPhone owners are very happy with their phones. I think the people who are considering getting Samsung are mostly those who are price sensitive. For example those with a budget of $500 or less & can't afford an iPhone contract. Once they've tried an iPhone I doubt they would switch because they've already got games, files... that run in IOS.

It's a fact that the Iphone has the larger number of developers. Much larger than Android. To run Android effectively you also need to have a higher level of knowledge because of the issues with Android.

I think poking fun at customers is misdirected. They should focus on the strength of their product & not the ignorance of the users:o

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most Apple user have low IQ

As Bill Clinton would have put it, "It's the content, stupid". Does Samsung have an iTunes store equivalent that lets you purchase movie, music and apps; then seamlessly allows you to play it over your phone, tablet, notebook, PC and TV which having to store all your content offline?

Most iPhone users could not be bothered with hacking their phones or contents just so they can function like an iPhone. Not only can they afford it, they have the social etiquette to respect the copyrights of contents.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apple and Steve Jobs were notorious for one thing - refusing to disclose specs or understating specs. Apple also have its own marketing agency across the world covering key markets. Try getting an appointment. Either you will not get a listing or when you find it they will not meet you.

Industry reviewers and critics dare not comment on these features because apple will not comment (confirm or deny). Even Apple store geniuses are not told but they can figure out certain things. No testing equipment is allowed in Apple store. That is the reason why they will replace with whole new units without question.

Note that questions raised in Apple owned and run community forum are answered by other apple users.

Apple thru its itunes and other faces know exactly which features work and which do not.

They do this to avoid giving the game away to the competition.

The end result is that people who have not owned an apple think that it all about colours, design and hype.

Take facetime - it has been couple of years and not a competitor in sight. Skype followed by Tango were ahead but are now miles away. They will not leverage Facetime but those who have used it will know. Note that the don't even both about leveraging the fact their PC are less affected by virus. This resulted in Microsoft for years not protecting their real estate and taking a fee from 3rd party virus vendors. Its only in the last 2 years they they have significantly ramped up their virus protection and like Apple do not comment. They are beginning to understand what is going on.

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From the surveys I've read, iPhone owners are very happy with their phones. I think the people who are considering getting Samsung are mostly those who are price sensitive. For example those with a budget of $500 or less & can't afford an iPhone contract. Once they've tried an iPhone I doubt they would switch because they've already got games, files... that run in IOS.

It's a fact that the Iphone has the larger number of developers. Much larger than Android. To run Android effectively you also need to have a higher level of knowledge because of the issues with Android.

I think poking fun at customers is misdirected. They should focus on the strength of their product & not the ignorance of the users:o

I use both the iphone and the galaxy in my course of work.

iPhone does have alot more Apps for it and it doesn't hang.

Samsung hangs, is laggy and some of the functions seriously needs more work.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thats what I called fair comments, you have both phones and you actually compare it. Those who dont owns an iPhones and say Apple sucks are pure idiots, *Alamaking stares at Cestbon :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
you cant say Iphone is a good phone or samsung is a bad phone either....

Apple dont make phones but they design it...if u split up the parts of the phone.....they belongs to several companies......

ultimately it is what you are looking for in a phone...the brand ? the price? the design or its specs/contents ??

Most essentially it must benefit the consumer in many ways

has anyone seen LG Prada Version 1.0 ??

Last edited:

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

Me too..I'm using both the Iphone and Andriod( Samsung and HTC) phone for business and work related use.

Agreed that Iphone doesn't hang and they uses a lot of brains and effort to input and design their own phones.

Samsung is plasticky, laggy and sometimes turns off by itself . The only benefit is that it looks exactly like an iphone.
Frankly HTC demolish Samsung overall in build quality.

My cousin teenage daughter sells her Iphone yesterrday for a Samsung just because Samsung users have ticketing priveleges when KPOP comes to town for a mega performances.

The Korean company is almost copying religious proselytising for its handsets.

Last edited:

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
hang on

samsung S3 doesnt hang or lag anymore... i tell u what i like...

BOTH smartphones... both has its own advantages... i like android bc it syncs with my google mails and calenders... on the other hand, i also like apple software b/c it has more apps. obviously... they have been longer in the market. they are both fantastic, and i don't mind having either S3 or iPH5 :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I remember years ago Steve Jobs mentioned that the advantage Apple had was that it is both a HW & SW company. This is unique & allows them to design phones with better integrated HW & SW.
Companies like Samsung are more of a hardware company & relies on Android for the OS. They might churn out lots of different phones but they can't provide good SW support.

The problem with android is fragmentation. There is no guarantee that an android SW will run properly with the different makes of android phones out there. There is also a problem with different versions of android from a single hardware manufacturer. How do you get a OS update in Android:confused: All iphone owners need to do is to connect to the iTunes store for the latest IOS upgrade.

So the easiest way to upgrade an android phone is to get a new phone :eek: