• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishing kaki

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
So did you manage to catch any fish ? They always say 'beginners luck' !:smile:

i did manage to catch a small strange looking fish quite fast..

then suddenly the malay baotman saw it n came scrambling towards me.. he quickly and carefully release that fish back into the sea..

turn up that the small strange looking fish is actually poisonous..:biggrin:

lucky not to have been bitten..:biggrin:

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro fenwick, do u have other contact for kelong in singapore? i called Gina's shop but cant get hold of her. the contact i had was not avaiable on this Fri to pick me up.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Bro Fenwick, i bought a daiwai reel, cost me S$150. the guy said this is multi purpose as it is strong enough for sea fishing & small enough for pond..... i m thinking of getting some more stuffs but have to wait till pay day.... hehehe

do you know any website that can teach me how to tie proper knots for hook. lead line etc... thanks.

Here the lonk for the fishing knot.:smile::smile:

http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

http://www.fintalk.com/fishing-knots/index.html

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Bro fenwick, do u have other contact for kelong in singapore? i called Gina's shop but cant get hold of her. the contact i had was not avaiable on this Fri to pick me up.

Have you went to Batam Kelong or Sibu island kelong in Johor. :smile::smile:

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, never been there, only been to kelong in singapore about 20 years ago with my dad. i thinking of doing in Singapore to try out 1st as i m just a beginner..... i will try out the web site you share out. thanks.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no, never been there, only been to kelong in singapore about 20 years ago with my dad. i thinking of doing in Singapore to try out 1st as i m just a beginner..... i will try out the web site you share out. thanks.

You can try fishing pond. Have you buy the equipment/fishing tackle ?
Where u stay? I know many tackle shop in Singapore in Pasir Ris,Beach road,Clementi.Yishun,Jurong. Some shop price is very resonable. But for me I normally buy in Malaysia price about 20% less compare to Singapore.
Some go for budget, some go for value buy and some go for brand mean budget unlimited.
For me I go for value buy mean quality of the product. Some quality is good but not very expensive because not very branded like Shimano/Diawa.
:smile::smile:

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro you can look for Gina or Sam. Anyway i've got a friend who own's a kelong near Pulau Ubin i'll try to dig up his number and pass it to you. :smile:
But to be frank local kelong fishing is more for passtime not too high hopes hor! I reckon like what Bro Cestbon suggest Indo or M'sia kelong more fun. :wink:

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can try fishing pond. Have you buy the equipment/fishing tackle ?
Where u stay? I know many tackle shop in Singapore in Pasir Ris,Beach road,Clementi.Yishun,Jurong. Some shop price is very resonable. But for me I normally buy in Malaysia price about 20% less compare to Singapore.
Some go for budget, some go for value buy and some go for brand mean budget unlimited.
For me I go for value buy mean quality of the product. Some quality is good but not very expensive because not very branded like Shimano/Diawa.
:smile::smile:

i have 3 rod & 3 reel now, i did pond fishing before but it is to expensive for me( S$50 for 5 hours). i stay in pasir ris. i used to go CV for my fishing stuffs. i bought some hooks & sinker in KL before, i think they are about 15% cheaper than singapore. where do you go in JB for fishing stuffs? my friend told me there is a big shop in PJ.

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro you can look for Gina or Sam. Anyway i've got a friend who own's a kelong near Pulau Ubin i'll try to dig up his number and pass it to you. :smile:
But to be frank local kelong fishing is more for passtime not too high hopes hor! I reckon like what Bro Cestbon suggest Indo or M'sia kelong more fun. :wink:

maybe i m lucky when i go to kelong... :p . if i dont get any fish, then i just treat as a OJT for me... hahaha..
i wanted to try in Indo or M'sia but i cant be away from home from too long due to family commitment....

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have 3 rod & 3 reel now, i did pond fishing before but it is to expensive for me( S$50 for 5 hours). i stay in pasir ris. i used to go CV for my fishing stuffs. i bought some hooks & sinker in KL before, i think they are about 15% cheaper than singapore. where do you go in JB for fishing stuffs? my friend told me there is a big shop in PJ.

PJ you mean Permas Jaya right. There are 4 shop there. The best service is FISHING LINES selling budget tackle to high end branded like Accurate/Daiwa/Shimano or even custom make rod, they open the glass cabinet let you touch/test/play by yourself with the reel as you like even can load in the fishing line for you to test if you want to. After test if you don't buy they don't even show black face and still smilling. They will give 5%~25% discount depend on the product. Branded less discount because the margin is very less.
You also can book fishing trip in Australia/New Zealand/Taiwan and many place with them.
You will like his shop due to their service. Have being to so many tackle shop this shop have the BEST service.

Another shop is FISHERMAN in Permas Jaya4 , Shimano authorise dealer they have another shop in Perling.

The others 2 shop selling mostly budget tackle to medium.

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
PJ you mean Permas Jaya right. There are 4 shop there. The best service is FISHING LINES selling budget tackle to high end branded like Accurate/Daiwa/Shimano or even custom make rod, they open the glass cabinet let you touch/test/play by yourself with the reel as you like even can load in the fishing line for you to test if you want to. After test if you don't buy they don't even show black face and still smilling. They will give 5%~25% discount depend on the product. Branded less discount because the margin is very less.
You also can book fishing trip in Australia/New Zealand/Taiwan and many place with them.
You will like his shop due to their service. Have being to so many tackle shop this shop have the BEST service.

Another shop is FISHERMAN in Permas Jaya4 , Shimano authorise dealer they have another shop in Perling.

The others 2 shop selling mostly budget tackle to medium.

wow.. you know them so well.... you stay in JB?? i have not been to JB since the Mas case... bad jam in & out.... where do you recommand to shop in singapore? can i qoute your name for discount?? :biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow.. you know them so well.... you stay in JB?? i have not been to JB since the Mas case... bad jam in & out.... where do you recommand to shop in singapore? can i qoute your name for discount?? :biggrin:

I not staying in JB but travel but going there 2~4 times a month.
Singapore you can go Changi village price is slightly cheaper or go Beach road there have more than 6 tackle shop.
I never tell them my name but they will know me because I regular customer and recomend many potential customer and even go down with them(my fishing kaki).:smile::smile:

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am thinking of going to kelong fishing today but my friend said usually after rain, there isnt much fish, how true is that? can any expert tell me? thanks.

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am thinking of going to kelong fishing today but my friend said usually after rain, there isnt much fish, how true is that? can any expert tell me? thanks.

Yes bro, what your friend is true cos our kelongs here are situated quite near to shore and after rain ( espesially heavy rain ) due to too much fresh water are flush out into the sea at this time !! Some how the fishes becomes non active or most of them will go to deeper waters. Unless there is a change of tides, you still got some chance of getting fish if not it's almost ZERO!!!:wink:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes bro, what your friend is true cos our kelongs here are situated quite near to shore and after rain ( espesially heavy rain ) due to too much fresh water are flush out into the sea at this time !! Some how the fishes becomes non active or most of them will go to deeper waters. Unless there is a change of tides, you still got some chance of getting fish if not it's almost ZERO!!!:wink:

Hi Fenwick,
My fishing kaki book Ah Kiang TP on Nov 2nd to 4th, ie Sunday to Tuesday, 3day 2nite, Ducking (Arh Kia) in SG today confirmed qwith him...I am going fishing...Any kaki interested PM me...share cost, but buddy Roger say we go pte ltd..I say on lah...so the harder you work the more you get!

:smile::smile::smile: