• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes $10/transaction.
For RM150k, I still paid $10.

No point to tell you the rate I changed at as it varies day by day.
But it is better than money changer's rate and convenient location for me.

If remit to malaysia account still need admin fee? I thought only remit to malaysia sg account then need admin fee?

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remittance to any account in Malaysia would have an admin fee of $10 (Wealthgate).
If the account in Malaysia is owned by non-malaysians, then limited to RM10k cash deposit into the foreigner's Malaysian account per day .
If they choose to use cheque to deposit into the foreigner's Malaysian account, then no restriction of amount per day.

Last edited:

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remittance to any account in Malaysia would have an admin fee of $10 (Wealthgate).
If the account in Malaysia is owned by non-malaysians, then limited to RM10k cash deposit into the foreigner's Malaysian account per day .
If they choose to use cheque to deposit into the foreigner's Malaysian account, then no restriction of amount per day.

oic thanks. if i want to use remittance company to remit S$ to malaysia malaysian account, so no RM 10k cash limit per day, but can i bring S$ cheque or only cash accepted?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hippoheyhey

if u remit abv 10k for malaysian acct at Raffles (jurong) , no admin fees .
Thats why Raffles is best since no admin charges abv 10k.
if u use cash , u can use the same day rate .

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
hippoheyhey

if u remit abv 10k for malaysian acct at Raffles (jurong) , no admin fees .
Thats why Raffles is best since no admin charges abv 10k.
if u use cash , u can use the same day rate .

thanks! so cheque is using ex rate on the day the cheque is cleared right? raffles only got one branch at jurong point right?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks! so cheque is using ex rate on the day the cheque is cleared right? raffles only got one branch at jurong point right?

for cheque , i think mingchye mentioned cash cheque , but last time when i called they told me cash terms only ....
yes , one in JP only.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
oic thanks. if i want to use remittance company to remit S$ to malaysia malaysian account, so no RM 10k cash limit per day, but can i bring S$ cheque or only cash accepted?

Cash cheque or hard cash.
Should look at 'exchange rate + admin fee' as a whole.
It may be gimmick to waive the admin fee because they can give lousy exchange rates.
I have no comments which companies are better because I did not make comparisons ( should compare the rate at about the same time).

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
in e first place , raffles rates are quite gd , if remit more with better rates n no admin fee , u dun need to hv much brain cells to know which one benefits more .... and also depend which area is convenient to go too ... parking fees , petrol plays a part !

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah need cash on Monday to pay for some stuff and UEM. Cheque will take 2 days to clear. Anyway the rate won't change over the weekend and I think it will hover around this level for a while.

Last edited: