• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eng's Noodles House : Wan Tan Mee Cashier's face not so happy

jw5

Loyal
Thanks. Will try first because they were more than one beef ball noodles stall at Hock Lam Street.

can also try the one at golden mile, they only have beef ball noodles, if you ask for a bowl of soup with rice, they will tell you don't have rice....................

jw5

Loyal
If you guys talking about beef noodle soup, during 80s at Bugis market, there were 2 stalls facing each other, quite famous. Now 1 at Lavender Food Court, another 1 at Golden Mile Hawker Centre. They are better than Hock Lam, the Hock Lam boss got very bad attitude, i dun like....

is this the one where the daughter has taken over, her name is Tina or something, used to work in a bank but now fulltime taken over the business?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is this the one where the daughter has taken over, her name is Tina or something, used to work in a bank but now fulltime taken over the business?

can also try the one at golden mile, they only have beef ball noodles, if you ask for a bowl of soup with rice, they will tell you don't have rice....................

Got 2 actually, 1 at basement, 1 at 1st floor, basement 1 is the Bugis Market 1, yeah, a lady tending the shop now....

jw5

Loyal
Got 2 actually, 1 at basement, 1 at 1st floor, basement 1 is the Bugis Market 1, yeah, a lady tending the shop now....

Didn't know there was beef balls at the basement. The one I'm referring to at golden mile food centre is upstairs corner stall, should be in the same row as a youtiao stall and the char kway tiao with vege on top, if I recall correctly. they have a sign stating they only have beef noodles and not soup with rice.

And the lady named Tina is not at golden mile, she could be at far east square, could be the hock lam stall............................

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't know there was beef balls at the basement. The one I'm referring to at golden mile food centre is upstairs corner stall, should be in the same row as a youtiao stall and the char kway tiao with vege on top, if I recall correctly. they have a sign stating they only have beef noodles and not soup with rice.

And the lady named Tina is not at golden mile, she could be at far east square, could be the hock lam stall............................

Yah, that 1 dun serve rice, just noodles. Try their dry version, not bad, but i dun like they put lao hong chopped peanuts, LOL

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got balls, but small balls. Don't really like balls. Always got this thought that balls are made up of lousy parts of the cow. :p

I usually go for ball-less beef noodle. Meat only. :biggrin:

I remember there's one with BIG balls along Syed Alwi Road.

i prefer the beef kway tieow near the old jackson at macpherson. the coffeeshop by the main road facing the siemen building. the chilli beri nice.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah like that lagi must try. problem is I seldom go east side....must plan this weekend....

Who was it that claimed that Spore is a food paradise:confused:

Not only must you hunt high & low for the missing hawkers, you also have a car & spend $ to reach these [remote] areas:eek:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello handsome,

How come never see your younger sister around ? Is she avoiding me ? :*:

She don't talk to people under moderation. :p:biggrin:

i prefer the beef kway tieow near the old jackson at macpherson. the coffeeshop by the main road facing the siemen building. the chilli beri nice.

Bro, got full address? Any online link. Thanks.

wah like that lagi must try. problem is I seldom go east side....must plan this weekend....

Remember to bring more tissue papers, unless your spice level very high. :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who was it that claimed that Spore is a food paradise:confused:

Not only must you hunt high & low for the missing hawkers, you also have a car & spend $ to reach these [remote] areas:eek:

it depends on what food you are looking at. But SG wins MY in varieties, thats for sure........

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, got full address? Any online link. Thanks.

macpherson road, tai thong crescent.

coffeeshop right on the main road, next to a mama newspaper shop. sorry dunno the name of the signboard. operated by an 60+yo auntie with a couple helping her. open by 10am and closed stall ard 6pm.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
macpherson road, tai thong crescent.

coffeeshop right on the main road, next to a mama newspaper shop. sorry dunno the name of the signboard. operated by an 60+yo auntie with a couple helping her. open by 10am and closed stall ard 6pm.

I think i know where now. There's a famous Wu Xiang Xia Bing and Prawn noodle on the other side. How did i missed out a beef kway tiow stall there? :confused::p Thanks!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think i know where now. There's a famous Wu Xiang Xia Bing and Prawn noodle on the other side. How did i missed out a beef kway tiow stall there? :confused::p Thanks!

the stall operated many years already. i ate there since the 90s when there a beancurd stall beside it. if u go ard lunch time, u can see krauts from siemen eat dry version of beef thick meehoon. one thing no good is very dusty as the table right beside the road. the wu xiang is lao chong chong in another coffeeshop inside the lane.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the stall operated many years already. i ate there since the 90s when there a beancurd stall beside it. if u go ard lunch time, u can see krauts from siemen eat dry version of beef thick meehoon. one thing no good is very dusty as the table right beside the road. the wu xiang is lao chong chong in another coffeeshop inside the lane.

I remember decades ago there's a Old Chang Kee stall in this kopitiam, right? About 20 yrs plus ago.
I missed the fishball noodle at Jackson kopitiam. Chilli is nice too. :(

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
8560753D-1E3D-4269-9AFB-5D3CAE4CC943-9817-000008C6842DBEEB_zpsc6d4e129.jpg

Fei Fei Wantan Mee, doesnt look appealing isnt it? LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
p1020469.jpg

zhe-b-816f258f684711fd86d3fdd8fc7a84fc_650x450_5cfecc8746.jpg

1155097_mAttQuNaLZGpinahnnxbPscSay55-B0YHyCX3wqB9o8.jpg

21021.jpg

Zheng Yi Hainanese Beef Noodles, Kin Seng Coffeeshop, 47 Tai Thong Crescent
MRT: Potong Pasir
Open: 11.30am - 6pm daily

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To me, the best charsiew sLices have to be abit of those burnt bbQ types;not of the paLe red powdered coLourings.

------------------------------

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WfGF1brh07U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​