• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eng's Noodles House : Wan Tan Mee Cashier's face not so happy

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After recommendation from a friend to try it out. It was quite tasty and do really like the super hot chilli. Really numbs the tongue though.
While have gone there quite a few times, have noticed that there is quite a plump lady manning the cashier, not sure it she is the daughter of Mr Ng (the owner, noticed he walks with a limp), that when you gave her a S$50 note to pay for the meal, while it is understandable that normally a cashier will asked whether if the customer have smaller change, but when you say no, immediately the face will turn, become very unhappy. Have notice that quite a few times already.

Even my friends do have the same experience. Was wondering if it is really that diffcult to give change out of S$50 notes.
Perhaps they should change the cashier, or next time before going over there, make sure carry smaller change:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The guys, serving, clearing the tables, definitely are more friendly. That's for sure.
Anyway, still enjoyed the Wantan mee.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
After recommendation from a friend to try it out. It was quite tasty and do really like the super hot chilli. Really numbs the tongue though.
While have gone there quite a few times, have noticed that there is quite a plump lady manning the cashier, not sure it she is the daughter of Mr Ng (the owner, noticed he walks with a limp), that when you gave her a S$50 note to pay for the meal, while it is understandable that normally a cashier will asked whether if the customer have smaller change, but when you say no, immediately the face will turn, become very unhappy. Have notice that quite a few times already.

Even my friends do have the same experience. Was wondering if it is really that diffcult to give change out of S$50 notes.
Perhaps they should change the cashier, or next time before going over there, make sure carry smaller change:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The guys, serving, clearing the tables, definitely are more friendly. That's for sure.
Anyway, still enjoyed the Wantan mee.

Try a $1000 note next time, and see her expression. get a quick photo shot of that and post it here...

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever since they moved from Dunman FC basement, the min. price of a plate has increased from $2.50 to $4 and the qty seems even to be less! The chilli paste also has an orangy colour as compared to a redder one before. It's still very hot and tongue-numbing, but to me and my family, the quality has gone down. Prices have gone up predictably evidently due to higher rental and running costs for a shop as compared with a stall. Can't tell if the business has improved when compared to the old location.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ever since they moved from Dunman FC basement, the min. price of a plate has increased from $2.50 to $4 and the qty seems even to be less! The chilli paste also has an orangy colour as compared to a redder one before. It's still very hot and tongue-numbing, but to me and my family, the quality has gone down. Prices have gone up predictably evidently due to higher rental and running costs for a shop as compared with a stall. Can't tell if the business has improved when compared to the old location.

It is pretty crowded especially during lunchtime.
Speaking of which, the price increase is definitely for paying rental of shop, or did they buy the place.
Beat's paying rental if you ask me.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wanton%2BMee.jpg

Eng.jpg

Mr Ng (Eng), 2nd Gen owner with his bottle of potent chilli sauce

Chilli+sauce.jpg

Chilli+noodles.jpg

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stall.jpg

Eng's Noodles House
287 Tanjong Katong Road
Singapore 437070
11am to 9pm daily
Takeaway or Order Hotline
86882727 (45 mins advance)​

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
4IuUF4LzKkijkirz47r69Mq-yVQHftaFGbqSvy8Nrs8.jpg

Great pics again bro..but too bad; they are not my type of originaL noodLes & charsiews..:cool::wink:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think you prefer the HK style of noodle, more egg less flour, crunchy and firm yet elastic.

ah eng's noodle and likewise fei fei and pontian are using the more floury noodle, which results in a more soggy texture.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Still lose to lavender wanton mee and geylang's Gong Family wanton mee. Something must be wrong with the taste bud of the person who say this is the best wanton mee in singapore

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To me, the best charsiew sLices have to be abit of those burnt bbQ types;not of the paLe red powdered coLourings.

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you prefer the HK style of noodle, more egg less flour, crunchy and firm yet elastic.

ah eng's noodle and likewise fei fei and pontian are using the more floury noodle, which results in a more soggy texture.

I tried Fei Fei bour 2 mths back and didn't quite like it, same here, don't think I like this type of Wan Tan Noodle. I don't think Pontian is the same type right? As for Ah Eng, I will go try because of the chilli, slurp, slurp......

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stall.jpg

Eng's Noodles House
287 Tanjong Katong Road
Singapore 437070
11am to 9pm daily
Takeaway or Order Hotline
86882727 (45 mins advance)​

lianbeng says: always remember to include address and telephone number! :biggrin: thank u sir!