• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Driver killed after tree fell on car during downpour

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the facts remain stark here. if that tree fell on an average poor unlucky and he was killed or maimed, then good luck to him. it was the work of nature. but this time it could be a rich man's son who was killed. now hopefully they would sue the gov off their pants!

life in singapore has 2 sets of rules: ONE FOR THE RICH; ONE FOR THE POOR. when the poor meets with such freak accident, case is usually closed and verdicted: MISADVENTURE. let's see what is the other sets of rules for the rich entitle them to.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pic10.jpg

pic16.jpg

pic54.jpg

32-year-old victim Chua Loong Wai, who was alone when the accident happened. Police have classified the case as an unnatural death and are investigating​

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
My condolence to Mr Chua family,very tragic indeed..
i will give the benefit of doubt to abang yalkut and mbt because it was Mr Chua destiny to leave this world..tink about it was his appointed time and he has no control over it..in fact he died without knowing what happen,just look at the impact of the crush it was a direct hit while driving amazing!

I myself have face death right in front of my eyes while driving but my appointed time has not come..
1.23rd feb 1995 i was base in Hamilton/cambrige NZ for a mth,i driving to visit a friend farm in strafford/new plymouth when i lost control of my car near mt taranaki..i underestimate the slippery road condition round the curve.i was saying to myself thats it..the car was going down the ravine when a small shrub stop it from going down.phew thank god for a second chance..

i should have died in this.
23rd dec 2004 before the great tsunami around 5pm i was driving on the NS highway to penang,passing the tunnel after ipoh..as i was going downhill i lost control of my car and this time i was saying to myself GOD my life is in your hand,the car just bang here there and flip a few time i really thought i am gone amazingly i am still alive upside down in the car,i mnage to crawl out,imagine if an on coming bus or lorry came and crash into my car,traffic was quite busy during xmas time.
i can only honestly say that my appointment with my maker has been postphone.

Sadly for Mr Chua he is still very young..so serious bro we must give abang and adik the benefit of a doubt,If a uncle died of heart attack while having sex with a prostitute at geyland,are we going to blame wks on anti vice??

Attachments

• img884.jpg
    img884.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 101
  • img885.jpg
    img885.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 102

jw5

Loyal
Scary freak accident! If the tree cum falling down on a SBS bus more people could have been killed.
A tree falls on a lexus, someone could die.
A tree falls on a honda, someone could die.
A tree falls on a bus, someone could die.
Natural disasters such as this don't differentiate among economic classes. Perhaps that's a good thing, otherwise nothing will get done.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really a pity! Makes me ponder what life is about? Some more, i think he just started his software company. Live life and be happy is most important,Hope he RIP.

The other day, I went to this fortune telling website and checked how I will leave this world, it says I will go due to accident. I am thinking of leaving a note for my loved ones,just incase.

Life is really too much of a mystery and unpredictable! So to all my forummer friends, although I dun know you but I hope you are happy.:wink:

jw5

Loyal
Really a pity! Makes me ponder what life is about? Some more, i think he just started his software company. Live life and be happy is most important,Hope he RIP.

The other day, I went to this fortune telling website and checked how I will leave this world, it says I will go due to accident. I am thinking of leaving a note for my loved ones,just incase.

Life is really too much of a mystery and unpredictable! So to all my forummer friends, although I dun know you but I hope you are happy.:wink:
What are you going to say in that note?

Taishi Ci

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation

Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation

By Hetty Musfirah |
Posted: 21 July 2010 2329 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"></td> <td align="right" width="240">
php0WWZ5x.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"></td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 1</td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" onclick="Prev();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" onclick="Play()" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " onclick="Next();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Rokiah Atnen
</td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td class="update"></td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
SINGAPORE : A widow plans to seek compensation for the death of her husband in a freak accident last Friday. He was killed when the crane boom of a lorry smashed into the upper deck of the bus he was in.

Singaporeans have again opened their hearts - and wallets - to a family in need. The late Ahmad Lispa and family were featured in MediaCorp Channel 5's "Renovaid" last year. Their flat was spruced up as part of the helping hand extended to underprivileged families.

Mr Ahmad earned less than S$800 a month as a cleaner. Two of his four children suffer from kidney problems. One of them undergoes dialysis at home for 10 hours everyday. Madam Rokiah Atnen recalls her last conversation with him. She said: "I called him at home at about 4pm. He asked me to wait for him. My heart did not feel good. I didn't expect the accident to be so serious."

The couple had planned to meet and visit their eldest son at the Institute of Mental Health. It is understood that he still does not know that his father had died. Police have arrested a foreign worker from a landscape management company for causing death by negligence.

Replying to media queries, SBS Transit said it visited the family a day after the accident to offer its condolences. And as a gesture of goodwill, it has extended some financial aid to the family to help them defray the funeral and living expenses. Nearly 100 people have offered help. Some even wanted to help with medical and education expenses. Among those who cared are sisters Hazel Tan and Cheryl Tan.

Cheryl said: "I have got kids of this age, so I can imagine how she feels. So I thought whatever I can help, to ... allay her fears, her livelihood, and livelihood of her children, I will do my part. I just might come and visit her every month, see how it goes." Hazel said: "I hope they can accept that their dad is no longer around. I believe it is very sudden for them and I hope they can cope."

Donations are also streaming in through a Facebook group. Over 3,000 have joined, with about S$7,000 collected so far. The money will be handed to the family at the end of this week.

- CNA/al

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jul 22, 2010
Tree falls on car, 3 unhurt
Passengers in car escaped unscathed

By Carolyn Quek
ST_16796908.jpg

Three passengers made a lucky escape after a tree fell on their car in Ang Mo Kio on Thursday during another heavy downpour. --PHOTO: SHINMIN

IN an accident eerily similar to Tuesday's fallen tree tragedy, three passengers made a lucky escape after a tree fell on their car in Ang Mo Kio on Thursday during another heavy downpour.

The incident happened at about 7.45am at a road junction near Block 226, Ang Mo Kio Street 22.

The passengers managed to get away with some scratches but their car - a Blue Chevrolet - was badly damaged with its back windscreen completely shattered.

The passengers remained in their car until the Singapore Civil Defence Force came to their aid.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
NParks have been getting out of hand, platning trees & shrubs everywhere yet not maintaining it.

how often we have to see tree pruning on the busiest time of the day on the roads? how often we see trees fell over after a heavy storm?

not to mention that how much is being spent every year on pruning these trees, and the fallen leaves have been clogging the drains and causing floods.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Chewed, Agree on this one, they have nothing better to do than catch people feeding pigeons, or sleeping on park benches. Behave arrogantly, talk loudly, thinking they are the police. Having their contractors park in the middle of the road or the extreme right lane without the lane or hazard lights on, its just an accident waiting to happen.