• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Allan Ooi’s farewell letter and last word before his death: Questions for SAF

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno if my comment is a fair one.

I never never sign any bond of anything. It is like a prison. But others might not think same as me. I dun even buy contract for a handphone.

I will pay more for an item but will avoid and cautious when paying for something that has to deal with it monthly or there is a time awareness on it.

all the handphone service providers has already blacklisted u. u signed for phone contracts, took the phones, use it for months, did not pay a single cent of your bills and have fuck off to thailand for good..:oIo::oIo::oIo:

boo.. CB Kia thai loser

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Accepted, however that does not mean one should abdicate one's responsibility for one's own decisions and instead push the blame on others. Life is a long winding road, with ups and downs. It is unlikely that you shall always get what you want in life and should expect this to be the case let alone think you are entitled to the same.

i would not say its non est factum even at 18y/o....however i think as one goes out and matures at that critical age and matures we change our outlooks/ interest and then regret that we made a huge commitment so early in life, more so if you actually out of singapore for the first time as in many cases for foreign uni scholars. the best analogy is getting married at 18yrs old. huge difference and very likely you find your views about who you married changed in your 20's.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just think for yourself, use your brain and take responsibility for your actions and choices that you make in your life, do not look towards blaming others and finding easy scapegoats and live in self-denial.

this is the product pap created for us, SELF FEAR! self fear here and there, eat also fear, shit also fear, fuck also fear . pap inplant fear for years, a very deadful disease, please don't ignore it,treat it seriously, it kill!!! be a real man's man....singaporean.....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you are correct, i have become much more reluctant to commit to contracts and/or take on commitments since my experience. i rather live life unencumbered by debt/long term commitments etc... but it does carry a price too. ppl look at you and wonder why in your thirties you still arent married/kids etc ie living the typical middle class singaporean life. there is always a tradeoff for everything.

It is totally ok to committee if the person, company or anything you committee to is of good quality, good character and has solid foundation.

When you take a bond coming from the sinkie govt, it is no surprise that he killed himself.

I suggest he should committee to moving out of sinkieland and stay away from it, that he will still be alive.

27 is too young to die.

moosekaka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest he should committee to moving out of sinkieland and stay away from it, that he will still be alive.

27 is too young to die.

interesting thought came to my mind....does the fact he went AWOL prevented him from practicing medicine in australia? does the SMC blacklist or hold on to his license or something such that he cant practise over there? can any doctors shed light on this? i dont think it right to do that but it sure seems far better than killing yourself....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
When you take a bond coming from the sinkie govt, it is no surprise that he killed himself.

I'm actually quite surprised that half the country has not committed suicide. Singapore is such a hell hole I admire those who can tolerate life in the little red dot and still find the will to live.

Well done sinkies. You're all indeed a resilient lot.

moosekaka

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not THAT bad....now that i'm away i miss :

1) the food...no where else in the world is the food as diverse and delicious (except some parts of malaysia)

2) friends

i don't miss the weather or the oppressive stifling island mentality though.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, that email sure opens up a can of worms,,,,

however to look at it in perspective, after so many years, only 1 commit suicide. 1 isolated case and the net creates such a big hoo ha,,,, and it was not under the usual circumstances and many questions remain to be answered. the SAF is probably one of the problems surfaced and may or may not be the trigger point. looking at his family background, and some scrap info from the media and net, this would not have classified as a typical suicide.

RIP Doctor

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is totally ok to committee if the person, company or anything you committee to is of good quality, good character and has solid foundation.

27 is too young to die.

CB Kia tonychat,

commit lah.. committee committee, u never pass PSLE huh??:oIo:

singtel chasing u to pay phone bill. dun talk so much cock..:oIo::oIo:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is total nonsense:rolleyes: Typical Sinkee attitude of looking to blame the government for everything instead of taking individual responsibility for one's actions. always want to have your cake and eat it.

Did Ooi have a brain to exercise rational independent thought? Moreover didn't Ooi come from a savvy sophisticated background. "Duress' you gotta be joking:rolleyes:

<style></style>I pretty much anticipated this rebuttal.And sure enough you did.You ask why Allan was under duress to sign the contract hah !..Yeah I hear you alright.That Allan parents were rich therefore he had a choice.Did he? I mean did he have a choice.Of course you would counter that Allan did had a choice not take up the scholarship.May I than ask is this government obliged and compel to award scholarship to rich kids?..Sure,you counter that is because it was based on meritocracy.Bullshit ! I say.Why hor?Simple why than this government is awarding scholarships to foreigners bond free ?WHY !

Now for the matter of duress.Let's take HOTA for example.It is a form of a contract too.A contract to harvest your organs free of charge.The contract becomes binding if you do not opt-out.Opt out?Why not opt in and see how many indeed wants to hang that contract around their necks? ..Duress is simply disguised.

I rest my case.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
interesting thought came to my mind....does the fact he went AWOL prevented him from practicing medicine in australia? does the SMC blacklist or hold on to his license or something such that he cant practise over there? can any doctors shed light on this? i dont think it right to do that but it sure seems far better than killing yourself....

I raised this point in one of my previous post.It is highly plausible that Allan was trapped into a corner.SMC like the Bar Council serves PAP.

SAF must answer this.Is there an escape clause in that contract?...Was liquidated damages specified ?...Was the contract beyond any reasonableness !

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm actually quite surprised that half the country has not committed suicide. Singapore is such a hell hole I admire those who can tolerate life in the little red dot and still find the will to live.

Well done sinkies. You're all indeed a resilient lot.

That is because your other site (the naughty one) brings so much joy and happiness to us! :biggrin:.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are correct, i have become much more reluctant to commit to contracts and/or take on commitments since my experience. i rather live life unencumbered by debt/long term commitments etc... but it does carry a price too. ppl look at you and wonder why in your thirties you still arent married/kids etc ie living the typical middle class singaporean life. there is always a tradeoff for everything.

<style></style>Well put.But with a qualification.I do not question the intent of this government to get 18 year olds into contractual obligations.But it MUST be tempered with reasonableness.For example the draft of the contract must be released at least 14 days before for evaluation.So that 3rd party's opinion and advise could be sought.Again the question of time frame.Can there be a contract that is binding till death which was signed at the age of 18?

If you scrutinizes Allan's email it pretty much stresses on this reasonableness.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
well, that email sure opens up a can of worms,,,,

however to look at it in perspective, after so many years, only 1 commit suicide. 1 isolated case and the net creates such a big hoo ha,,,, and it was not under the usual circumstances and many questions remain to be answered. the SAF is probably one of the problems surfaced and may or may not be the trigger point. looking at his family background, and some scrap info from the media and net, this would not have classified as a typical suicide.

RIP Doctor

You do not seems to understand the Number One sinkie traits:
Extreme Cowardice.

Even killing yourself, you need some balls. That is only one after getting screwed for so many years, only one got the balls to kill himself.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
the contract he signed is till death???:confused:

sure boh?

<style></style>In Allan's case it was.The contract hung him till death so as to speak.But that is not my point.I am talking of reasonableness here.Like copyright for instance or an employment contract not to work for competitor for certain period.The time frame must be reasonable.Or at least liquidated damages specified if that contract is broken.Again with reasonableness.

The key words are 18 year old,contract and reasonableness.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<style></style>In Allan's case it was.The contract hung him till death so as to speak.But that is not my point.I am talking of reasonableness here.Like copyright for instance or an employment contract not to work for competitor for certain period.The time frame must be reasonable.Or at least liquidated damages specified if that contract is broken.Again with reasonableness.

The key words are 18 year old,contract and reasonableness.

Sometimes, in order to get things done, you cannot be reasonable, especially in dealing with sinkies.

He made the mistake of following the rule and contract too closely which is from the sinkie govt, in the end he loses his life. If he is trained in his survival skills or streetsmart skills, he will still have his life and doing well.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course Ooi had a choice, everyone has a choice. Look even if Ooi did not come from a rich family he would still have a free choice. It is fact that there are NUS medical students past and present who come from lower income families who have been assisted by other forms of scholarships if not bursaries, others are even more self reliant and have put themselves through by taking on loans and working part time. Ironically I personally know of a top NUH consultant who put himself through medical school himself by working part time and taking out loans, and he did this not because he came from a lower income family but because he fell out with his lawyer Dad and moved out of his family home to live on his own and fend for himself.

Now Ooi appeared to have been in an even more favourable position because he came from a rich family and he did not appear to have fallen out with his parents. There is no good reason why Ooi did not have a free choice, none whatsoever.

<style></style>I pretty much anticipated this rebuttal.And sure enough you did.You ask why Allan was under duress to sign the contract hah !..Yeah I hear you alright.That Allan parents were rich therefore he had a choice.Did he? I mean did he have a choice.Of course you would counter that Allan did had a choice not take up the scholarship.]

What has this flawed misconceived argument got do with whether Ooi had a free choice? It is totally irrelevant to the issue at hand i.e. Ooi's free choice. You are totally off track.

May I than ask is this government obliged and compel to award scholarship to rich kids?..Sure,you counter that is because it was based on meritocracy.Bullshit ! I say.Why hor?Simple why than this government is awarding scholarships to foreigners bond free ?WHY !

Again totally irrelevant to the issue at hand i.e. Ooi's free choice. You are totally off track once again.

Now for the matter of duress.Let's take HOTA for example.It is a form of a contract too.A contract to harvest your organs free of charge.The contract becomes binding if you do not opt-out.Opt out?Why not opt in and see how many indeed wants to hang that contract around their necks? ..Duress is simply disguised.]

What case?:rolleyes:

I rest my case.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its not THAT bad....now that i'm away i miss :

1) the food...no where else in the world is the food as diverse and delicious (except some parts of malaysia)

2) friends

i don't miss the weather or the oppressive stifling island mentality though.

These I second & agree...:p

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes, in order to get things done, you cannot be reasonable, especially in dealing with sinkies.

He made the mistake of following the rule and contract too closely which is from the sinkie govt, in the end he loses his life. If he is trained in his survival skills or streetsmart skills, he will still have his life and doing well.

<style></style> You speak PAP lingo.They sold structured deposits to unwary elders and place the onus on them.They operated CLOB despite being warned by Malaysia repeatedly that it was illegal.And again the onus of losses squarely was burdened on sinkies.Mafias and Ah Longs also speak same same lah.