• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The true plight and predicament of the man who killed this autistic twin sons

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
People here talk cock sing song.

Here's the background story: The man had to take care of 2 young special needs children. His wife had found a lover and was having an affair. The wife beat and scold the 2 children because she cannot accept their conditions and expected them to be like normal kids. The man was worried that if he die, no one will take care of the children.

https://mothership.sg/2023/08/greenridge-crescent-homicide-letter/

Wife not saddened by loss & threw away sons' belongings: Dad who killed twins in Greenridge Crescent tells court​

He wrote a personal letter explaining how his wife's actions made him decide to "reveal everything" instead of seeking death.​

Kerr Puay Hian
xavier-yap-crime-scene.jpg

Telegram

Whatsapp

This article contains descriptions of violence and suicide. Reader discretion is advised.

After pleading guilty in court for strangling his twin sons to death, Xavier Yap Jung Houn, 50, handed over a personal letter to explain why he now wants to seek leniency, even though he had originally wanted the death sentence.

In his letter, read out by his lawyer Patrick Nai in court, Yap started by apologising for the “mayhem and trouble” he caused.

Says wife's behaviour to son "unreasonable"​

He said that over the past few years, his worries for his sons had unknowingly caused him to suffer from major depressive disorder, which he said was exacerbated by his wife’s “unreasonable behaviour” towards their offspring.

Yap explained that his wife was “not willing to accept their special needs” and “her expectations on them to behave like normal children had gotten unreasonable and unrealistic”.

The father also claimed that “physical punishments and scoldings were becoming common whenever the boys failed to meet her expectations”.

Yap said his condition was “further aggravated” after he found that she was “cheating on him”.

“By the beginning of Jan 2022, being overwhelmed by sadness and hopelessness. I had totally lost faith that my two sons will be taken care of in the future, especially when I'm gone,” he said.

Thought that being put to death would be "the most lenient punishment"​

He added that suicidal thoughts became more frequent, and he believed that “my two sons along with me would end their unfair sufferings, and in part will free my wife from her burden and unleashing her freedom to pursue happiness with her newfound love”.

He said he was “bearing no ill grudges” and thought their suffering would be over with him and his sons gone.

However, he became remorseful after the fateful day and wished for a “quick death and be quickly served with a death sentence”.

He said it would be ”the most lenient punishment” as it would allow him to “join his two sons soon”.

Found out wife was not sad and threw sons' belongings away​

Yap said he changed his mind in prison when he discovered his wife was “not even saddened by the demise of her two sons”.

He said his family told him she “started inviting her lover to stay at their house” and even “threw away her two son’s belongings”.

“She has crossed the boundary that I could no longer tolerate”, he said.

“In no way, whatever karma that I will receive from God, will I turn the other side of my cheek on that matter.”

Promised made to mother to live on​

He said he then promised his mother that he would “reveal everything” about why he acted the way he did and “bravely live for her”.

“Therefore, shamefacedly, I'm pleading your honour for leniency in your judgement,” Yap addressed the judge.

He also promised to give back to society after his release, and with his experiences of being a patient with depressive disorder, and a father of sons with autism, he would volunteer in relevant organisations to share his experiences.

Yap is represented by Patrick Nai, Choo Si Sen and Choo Yean Lin from Tan Lee & Partners.

The lawyers also revealed in court that Yap and his wife are going through divorce proceedings.

This is his letter in full:
First and foremost, I want to apologise for the mayhem and trouble I have caused to everyone.
Over the past few years, due to the worries for my twins Ethan and Aston autism and global development delay conditions; unknowingly, causing me to suffer from major depression disorder ("MDD*). By end of 2021, my MDD's condition was exacerbated by my wife's Anna unreasonable behaviour towards my two sons. Apart from not willing to accept their special needs, Anna's expectations on them to behave like normal children had gotten utterly unreasonable and unrealistic. Physical punishments and scoldings were becoming common whenever the boys failed to meet her expectations.

In addition, my MDD was further aggravated after finding out that she was cheating on me. By beginning of Jan 2022, being overwhelmed by sadness and hopelessness; I had totally lost faith that my two sons will be taken care of in the future, especially when I'm gone.
Suicidal thoughts became more frequent; in part believing that bringing my two sons along with me would end their unfair sufferings, and in part will free my wife from her burden and unleashing her freedom to pursue happiness with her new found love.
Bearing no ill grudges, I thought that with me and my two sons gone, their and my sufferings will be over- that is the main reasons on why I decided to act and did what I did on that day.

After that fateful day, I'm become remorseful and all I could think and wish for is for a quick death and be quickly served with a death sentence. To me, that is the most lenient punishment and would allow me to join my two sons soon. Unfortunately, once again the circumstances didn't go as planned.

Shortly after being incarcerated in Changi prison, it was revealed to me by my family members and friends that my wife Anna is not even saddened by the demise of her two sons as she started inviting her lover to stay at our house. As a mother, she even threw away her two son's belongings. She has crossed the boundary that I could no longer tolerate. In no way whatever karma that I will receive from GOD, will I turn the other side of my cheek on that matter.

Henceforth, I promised my dear mother to reveal everything on why I acted the way I did and for what I did on that fateful day and to bravely live for her. Therefore, shamefacedly I'm pleading your honor for leniency in your judgement, in considering my MDD's severity and the ordeals that I had gone through
My greatest motivation now is to continue with my worthless or whatever is left of my life, as I had promised to my elderly mum and to take care of her. Also, that I be given the opportunity in re-contributing back to the society.

After my release, I plan to take up a higher diploma or degree in social service/work. With the experiences of being a MDD patient and a father with sons having autism, plus equipped with the experiences and knowledge I have gained, this will allow me to become a volunteer in certain organizations like Autism Resource Centre Singapore, Autism Association or Rainbow Centre and to be a better volunteer, to participate, and serve in such related social organizations or activities to share my experiences.

For your honor's kind consideration.

Helplines​

If you or someone you know are in mental distress, here are some hotlines you can call to seek help, advice, or just a listening ear:

SOS 24-hour Hotline: 1-767

Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800-283-7019

Institute of Mental Health: 6389-2222 (24 hours)

Tinkle Friend: 1800-274-4788 (for primary school-aged children)

Related Story​

Top image via Lianhe Zaobao

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very very sad case.
Nobody wants this kind of things to happen.
But after reading carefully, I find the wife is most a fault.
Things could have been better if not for the wife attitude . The husband needs wife support and vice versa for such mishap to manage 2 autistic child.
If the wife was really depressed over it she still got the mood to steal eat outside ?
By right court should punish the wife too.

I never tcss. I always speaks the truth & honest views, righteousness and condemn the ugly.

In this case his mum might need to start a petition for his early release.
But note there is a slight chance he might want to use the release to seek revenge and kill his wife.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Here's the background story: The man had to take care of 2 young special needs children. His wife had found a lover and was having an affair. The wife beat and scold the 2 children because she cannot accept their conditions and expected them to be like normal kids. The man was worried that if he die, no one will take care of the children.

https://mothership.sg/2023/08/greenridge-crescent-homicide-letter/

Wife not saddened by loss & threw away sons' belongings: Dad who killed twins in Greenridge Crescent tells court​

He wrote a personal letter explaining how his wife's actions made him decide to "reveal everything" instead of seeking death.​

Kerr Puay Hian
xavier-yap-crime-scene.jpg

Telegram

Whatsapp

This article contains descriptions of violence and suicide. Reader discretion is advised.

After pleading guilty in court for strangling his twin sons to death, Xavier Yap Jung Houn, 50, handed over a personal letter to explain why he now wants to seek leniency, even though he had originally wanted the death sentence.

In his letter, read out by his lawyer Patrick Nai in court, Yap started by apologising for the “mayhem and trouble” he caused.

Says wife's behaviour to son "unreasonable"​

He said that over the past few years, his worries for his sons had unknowingly caused him to suffer from major depressive disorder, which he said was exacerbated by his wife’s “unreasonable behaviour” towards their offspring.

Yap explained that his wife was “not willing to accept their special needs” and “her expectations on them to behave like normal children had gotten unreasonable and unrealistic”.

The father also claimed that “physical punishments and scoldings were becoming common whenever the boys failed to meet her expectations”.

Yap said his condition was “further aggravated” after he found that she was “cheating on him”.

“By the beginning of Jan 2022, being overwhelmed by sadness and hopelessness. I had totally lost faith that my two sons will be taken care of in the future, especially when I'm gone,” he said.

Thought that being put to death would be "the most lenient punishment"​

He added that suicidal thoughts became more frequent, and he believed that “my two sons along with me would end their unfair sufferings, and in part will free my wife from her burden and unleashing her freedom to pursue happiness with her newfound love”.

He said he was “bearing no ill grudges” and thought their suffering would be over with him and his sons gone.

However, he became remorseful after the fateful day and wished for a “quick death and be quickly served with a death sentence”.

He said it would be ”the most lenient punishment” as it would allow him to “join his two sons soon”.

Found out wife was not sad and threw sons' belongings away​

Yap said he changed his mind in prison when he discovered his wife was “not even saddened by the demise of her two sons”.

He said his family told him she “started inviting her lover to stay at their house” and even “threw away her two son’s belongings”.

“She has crossed the boundary that I could no longer tolerate”, he said.

“In no way, whatever karma that I will receive from God, will I turn the other side of my cheek on that matter.”

Promised made to mother to live on​

He said he then promised his mother that he would “reveal everything” about why he acted the way he did and “bravely live for her”.

“Therefore, shamefacedly, I'm pleading your honour for leniency in your judgement,” Yap addressed the judge.

He also promised to give back to society after his release, and with his experiences of being a patient with depressive disorder, and a father of sons with autism, he would volunteer in relevant organisations to share his experiences.

Yap is represented by Patrick Nai, Choo Si Sen and Choo Yean Lin from Tan Lee & Partners.

The lawyers also revealed in court that Yap and his wife are going through divorce proceedings.

This is his letter in full:
First and foremost, I want to apologise for the mayhem and trouble I have caused to everyone.
Over the past few years, due to the worries for my twins Ethan and Aston autism and global development delay conditions; unknowingly, causing me to suffer from major depression disorder ("MDD*). By end of 2021, my MDD's condition was exacerbated by my wife's Anna unreasonable behaviour towards my two sons. Apart from not willing to accept their special needs, Anna's expectations on them to behave like normal children had gotten utterly unreasonable and unrealistic. Physical punishments and scoldings were becoming common whenever the boys failed to meet her expectations.

In addition, my MDD was further aggravated after finding out that she was cheating on me. By beginning of Jan 2022, being overwhelmed by sadness and hopelessness; I had totally lost faith that my two sons will be taken care of in the future, especially when I'm gone.
Suicidal thoughts became more frequent; in part believing that bringing my two sons along with me would end their unfair sufferings, and in part will free my wife from her burden and unleashing her freedom to pursue happiness with her new found love.
Bearing no ill grudges, I thought that with me and my two sons gone, their and my sufferings will be over- that is the main reasons on why I decided to act and did what I did on that day.

After that fateful day, I'm become remorseful and all I could think and wish for is for a quick death and be quickly served with a death sentence. To me, that is the most lenient punishment and would allow me to join my two sons soon. Unfortunately, once again the circumstances didn't go as planned.

Shortly after being incarcerated in Changi prison, it was revealed to me by my family members and friends that my wife Anna is not even saddened by the demise of her two sons as she started inviting her lover to stay at our house. As a mother, she even threw away her two son's belongings. She has crossed the boundary that I could no longer tolerate. In no way whatever karma that I will receive from GOD, will I turn the other side of my cheek on that matter.

Henceforth, I promised my dear mother to reveal everything on why I acted the way I did and for what I did on that fateful day and to bravely live for her. Therefore, shamefacedly I'm pleading your honor for leniency in your judgement, in considering my MDD's severity and the ordeals that I had gone through
My greatest motivation now is to continue with my worthless or whatever is left of my life, as I had promised to my elderly mum and to take care of her. Also, that I be given the opportunity in re-contributing back to the society.

After my release, I plan to take up a higher diploma or degree in social service/work. With the experiences of being a MDD patient and a father with sons having autism, plus equipped with the experiences and knowledge I have gained, this will allow me to become a volunteer in certain organizations like Autism Resource Centre Singapore, Autism Association or Rainbow Centre and to be a better volunteer, to participate, and serve in such related social organizations or activities to share my experiences.

For your honor's kind consideration.

Helplines​

If you or someone you know are in mental distress, here are some hotlines you can call to seek help, advice, or just a listening ear:

SOS 24-hour Hotline: 1-767

Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800-283-7019

Institute of Mental Health: 6389-2222 (24 hours)

Tinkle Friend: 1800-274-4788 (for primary school-aged children)

Related Story​

Top image via Lianhe Zaobao

Looks like he should have killed his wife instead of his 2 kids. Probably get the same sentence anyway. Might as well get rid of the right person.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
People like to run their mouths off. I bet most of the cunts and keyboard warriors here will just flee and abandon the children at the hands of the shit mother.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come to think of it, the wife's lover is also someone not normal in terms of thinkings and ethnics. For a more normal person, upon learning about this news, they would run far far (no matter how tasty the pussy is) instead of accepting to stay overnight at her place.
In life is a pussy that important?:speechless:

LittleP

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never tcss. I always speaks the truth & honest views, righteousness and condemn the ugly.

In this case his mum might need to start a petition for his early release.
But note there is a slight chance he might want to use the release to seek revenge and kill his wife.
He won't get an early release nor pardon. The LAW recognises the act, not the circumstances.
To kill is wife is most probable but she's safe to continue getting seeded by anyone for that is NOT a crime:unsure:
He lost bcos he used his heart to make decisions.
She won bcos she used her brains!

LittleP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come to think of it, the wife's lover is also someone not normal in terms of thinkings and ethnics. For a more normal person, upon learning about this news, they would run far far (no matter how tasty the pussy is) instead of accepting to stay overnight at her place.
In life is a pussy that important?:speechless:
For all you know, the lover doesn't even know the cunt he is shagging it THAT cunt:roflmao:

LittleP

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes is possible :o-o:
I am sure she won't tell anyone new who she is the mother & wife of. Who would dare to be near her if she told? Unless someone CSI who she is, her identity is still considered safe except for those who knew her in her marriage & members of the estate

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's truly shocking that the mother will be so heartless.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are blaming the wife, or even HORRIFICALLY suggest that the monster should kill his wife instead, let it be known that there is NO justification for murder of another fellow Human, whatever the circumstances.

Singapore is a Rule of Law nation. There are laws created & legislated by Society to prevent such cases from happening. For this case, there is NO smoke without fire.

What happened in that beast's family is private affair & expected of them to resolve responsibly & peacefully. Families are the building blocks of Civilization & we as a society will help to repair & heal marital relationships, but in the event if they can find no resolution & exhausted all means of mediation, Singapore DOES allow divorce. It is a better way than to continue living under such circumstances of unresolvable issues which will only lead to mental health dissolution, leading to even greater harm to themselves & even to society.

Let us not fall into the SYMPATHY trap.
So far, it had been the savage animal's SIDE of the story. Were there evidences of beating & scoldings as he claimed? He claimed mental disorder, then why did he not sought for psychiatric & medication solutions that are readily available in our society, after all, he lives in a landed property which showed he is an intelligent man & has the funds to do so. He claimed he wanted to end the suffering of his kids & his own life, yet why did he LIE that he was attacked instead, & only thru rigorous investigations, he finally had to admit in the presence of overwhelming evidences that he slaughtered his sons?

Justice is blind & can be harsh, but it can be tempered with compassion based upon mitigating factors. The case is resolved now. Our Judge's decision is final. The beast had been put away for 14 yrs & hopefully he rehabilitates well. May we all learn from such incidents & evolve better..

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
He claimed mental disorder, then why did he not sought for psychiatric & medication solutions that are readily available in our society, after all, he lives in a landed property which showed he is an intelligent man & has the funds to do so.
U sound like the typical exam mugger who thinks the world revolve around perfect theories.Do all people who feel down go and seek help? U think psychiatrists are good? The most fucked up bunch of people are usually this lot!

https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...sychiatrists/511A513C1D4BD23F9BF0FB1D7BA4C494
Although the physical health of doctors is largely better than that of the general population, they continue to have high levels of stress, depression and substance misuse. These aspects of mental ill health are particularly elevated in psychiatrists, and in a number of studies psychiatrists have also been found to be those doctors most likely to face disciplinary proceedings.