• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you realise nowadays people hardly change their mobile phone ?

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Samsung also Android mah ??

yes, and samsung has the highest encryption among android phones, data forensic people said it is harder than cracking iphones.

Iphone is safest because it is so proprietary and cannot install scripts or add-ons. Eg. in South Korea, some banks need user's browsers to install encryption scripts because N Korea always hack them. Ended up, a few years ago, Korean bank customers cannot login their bank account with safari, need to use bank apps on their mac book.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the trouble now is with those bank and biometric apps, so i try not to change phone.

Cannot just outright transfer data or profiles to another new phone. Took me quite a while to setup new phone.
yea, transferring autopay and payment methods on several apps will require meticulous action. cannot make mistakes. but iphone makes it easier with touch and face id. it also captures all my credit cards, debit cards, and cashless accounts on icloud and auto-transfer them to the wallet. that way, i can update all my payment and bill management with zero errors. the only challenge is the clipper card for transit payments. i had to call bart to update my virtual clipper card on apple’s wallet. bart requires a user to give them the serial number printed on physical card in order for them to handkey-in number on their system for the transfer. with android, it’s a clusterfuck.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, and samsung has the highest encryption among android phones, data forensic people said it is harder than cracking iphones.

Iphone is safest because it is so proprietary and cannot install scripts or add-ons. Eg. in South Korea, some banks need user's browsers to install encryption scripts because N Korea always hack them. Ended up, a few years ago, Korean bank customers cannot login their bank account with safari, need to use bank apps on their mac book.

so i must hope for Samsung hand-me-downs liao............

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
yea, transferring autopay and payment methods on several apps will require meticulous action. cannot make mistakes. but iphone makes it easier with touch and face id. it also captures all my credit cards, debit cards, and cashless accounts on icloud and auto-transfer them to the wallet. that way, i can update all my payment and bill management with zero errors. the only challenge is the clipper card for transit payments. i had to call bart to update my virtual clipper card on apple’s wallet. bart requires a user to give them the serial number printed on physical card in order for them to handkey-in number on their system for the transfer. with android, it’s a clusterfuck.
yes, i got to wait for postal-verification when i messed up my banking apps when changing phones.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
so i must hope for Samsung hand-me-downs liao............
my hand-downs have to be "initiated"

Usually i will buy someone in my household a newer phone, than i take over their, cos i don't play games, so no issue with phone speed, etc. Usually, i will pay a bit of money and get a battery replacement.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my hand-downs have to be "initiated"

Usually i will buy someone in my household a newer phone, than i take over their, cos i don't play games, so no issue with phone speed, etc. Usually, i will pay a bit of money and get a battery replacement.

wah................buy new phone ...............why not you use the new phone ?

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah................buy new phone ...............why not you use the new phone ?
New phones are faster, have more memory space, good for playing games or installing lots of apps. I don't play games, use only some bank apps, singpass and surf net, so i can make do with older phones with new battery.

Besides, I am quite good at spotting value-buys for phones. Sometimes I travel in Asia, so I buy them overseas. Singapore dollar is too strong, so our mobile phones are relatively more expensive.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New phones are faster, have more memory space, good for playing games or installing lots of apps. I don't play games, use only some bank apps, singpass and surf net, so i can make do with older phones with new battery.

Besides, I am quite good at spotting value-buys for phones. Sometimes I travel in Asia, so I buy them overseas. Singapore dollar is too strong, so our mobile phones are relatively more expensive.

buy outside, no warranty leh.................

here, retailers know Sinkies are carrot-heads so chop lor......................

my phone cost less in M'sia ................and M'sia agent give 256GB storage..................double of S'pore agent

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
MEDIA%20AIPg%20(1A).jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
had my 1st handphone in 2000...............till now, on my 9th phone...........never paid any cash for any of them..............either came ''free'' with the plans................hand-me-downs...........or i use e-vouchers............. :biggrin:

I'm only onto my 6th phone since my first Motorola phone in 1997. 26 years only changed phone 5 times.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

US gov only allow Smasung and Apple for their defence workers

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Samsung UI has a extra security feature call Knox, can protect end user data better vs other android

https://www.samsungknox.com/en

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm only onto my 6th phone since my first Motorola phone in 1997. 26 years only changed phone 5 times.

wah................really ah.................i thought i'm the worst when it comes to changing phones..............

my 1st phone also Motorola in 2000............then when i re-contract - i got Samsung................then re-contract - i got Sony....................then re-contract - i got Nokia................then HTC................after that i use 3 hand-me-downs (all Samsung)................now i use budget Vivo.........last phone was a Galaxy S5............... :biggrin:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
  • Apple is backing a right-to-repair bill in California, a major shift in the company’s policy, according to a letter reviewed by CNBC.
  • The iPhone maker has historically opposed right-to-repair efforts but now says with the right provisions in place it can support expanded consumer repair access.
  • Apple customers would have access to parts and tools for three years after the date of manufacture for most of Apple’s product lineup.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/24/app...ght-to-repair-bill-in-major-policy-shift.html