• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Clark Quay hotel fuck up wedding dinner, then call in mata when couple refuse to pay

Singa Crew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Clark Quay hotel fuck up wedding dinner, then call in mata when couple refuse to

I suspect the hotel probably hired unskilled foreign labour (because cheap mah!) and they fucked up the show. It won't be the first time this sort of unhappy incident happened.

chonburific, hotels may not think along the same line as you. I worked in FnB industry before, and I assure you, it is highly possible for hotel managers to call the cops on you for less than 8000 dollars.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually this whole easily had been resolved if the wedding couple had taken the restaurant to task immediately, asking the restaurant to take back the uncooked fish on the spot to the kitchen to be re-cooked and the poor service and rushed serving be made known to the manager. Under such a situation, the restaurant would likely be very apologetical. But most Singaporeans will never do such a thing. They will wait for the thing to be over and the complain.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unrepented said:
Within big countries, same numbers of stars but different standard. Varies between countries also.

I mean Singapore hotels don't follow any star system at all. You don't find hotels advertising they are 4-star or 5-star or 6-star for that matter. Maybe the hotels here believe that they provide more what the usual stars indicate. Although the stars do indicate the amenities found in the hotel but there is greater emphasis on services like personal butler, etc which are very important in the west. In Asia, in Singapore as well, the hotel grounds are more grand and spacious. Take for instance at Shangrila, the US can station their own security forces all around the hotel grounds and even have their own communication network system. They need to.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Clark Quay hotel fuck up wedding dinner, then call in mata when couple refuse to

Yes, possible due to the inexperience labour.

My experience is quite the opposite. Guests vomiting at almost any place they can find, flower pots/furniture kena knocked down, cutlery kena kena stolen by guests, Bride so drunk until cannot settle bill, etc.

The worst I encountered was guest throwing out on the carpet right in front of the entrance of the hotel. The hotel was quite professional in handling this.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I mean Singapore hotels don't follow any star system at all. You don't find hotels advertising they are 4-star or 5-star or 6-star for that matter. Maybe the hotels here believe that they provide more what the usual stars indicate. Although the stars do indicate the amenities found in the hotel but there is greater emphasis on services like personal butler, etc which are very important in the west. In Asia, in Singapore as well, the hotel grounds are more grand and spacious. Take for instance at Shangrila, the US can station their own security forces all around the hotel grounds and even have their own communication network system. They need to.

The hotel star rating based on facilities is actually a european standard. And there are many standards a hotel outside Europe/US can choose from.

By strict definition, there should be no 6 or 7 star hotels like what we see today in Ritz-Charlton Singapore and The Sail in Dubai. These are self awarded stars.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

The hotel star rating based on facilities is actually a european standard. And there are many standards a hotel outside Europe/US can choose from.

By strict definition, there should be no 6 or 7 star hotels like what we see today in Ritz-Charlton Singapore and The Sail in Dubai. These are self awarded stars.

Sg hotels always haolian luan lai one can see many stars LOL :*:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't be silly. This is a wedding not your usual dinner where the host is seated. They less likely to do this a normal dinner but try to get away on a wedding where the host are getting married and do not see what is happening. The relatives and friends also do not want to rain on their parade by bringing bad news to the couple on such an important point in their life. No one wants to make a scene.

The hotel has no purchase in a court of law making such a claim that the hotel was only notified after the dinner.

I am sure on your wedding day, you were not acting as quality control inspector sampling the dinner, watching the placement of glasses etc. Tio Boh!
Actually this whole easily had been resolved if the wedding couple had taken the restaurant to task immediately, asking the restaurant to take back the uncooked fish on the spot to the kitchen to be re-cooked and the poor service and rushed serving be made known to the manager. Under such a situation, the restaurant would likely be very apologetical. But most Singaporeans will never do such a thing. They will wait for the thing to be over and the complain.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lets not drag FTs when there are no indication. Any decent hotel would not call the Police unless it was a security matter. Either the hotel that you were with is poorly managed or they are called to establish the credentials of the customer disputing the matter. The Poilce will ascertain the ID so that the Hotel can sue the right party.

Where a hotel repeatedly calls the Police for such silly matters, the security manager and GM will be notified and warning in writing. The next time, it happens the Police LIcensing authorities will call for the sacking of the Security Manager and get a proper repalcement. Hotel 81 does not fall under this category.

All security managers of all 5 star hotels are required to attend periodic meeting with no less than ISD. And we are not talking about unpaid bills.

I suspect the hotel probably hired unskilled foreign labour (because cheap mah!) and they fucked up the show. It won't be the first time this sort of unhappy incident happened.

chonburific, hotels may not think along the same line as you. I worked in FnB industry before, and I assure you, it is highly possible for hotel managers to call the cops on you for less than 8000 dollars.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are probably right. The Security Manager of the Hotel will also not allow the Police to call unless it was serious.
Most likely, some of the guest got really drunk and become violent.

Think about it. It will cost the hotel more for the bad publicity. Who will want to hold their wedding dinner there?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All security managers of all 5 star hotels are required to attend periodic meeting with no less than ISD. And we are not talking about unpaid bills.

That's right. Assistance and cooperation from CSOs or CSMs critical to ISD's operations. No elaboration needed for you.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
scroobal said:
Don't be silly. This is a wedding not your usual dinner where the host is seated. They less likely to do this a normal dinner but try to get away on a wedding where the host are getting married and do not see what is happening. The relatives and friends also do not want to rain on their parade by bringing bad news to the couple on such an important point in their life. No one wants to make a scene.

All wedding dinners are like what you described with the bride and the groom moving in and out but not so busy as not to notice things not right and also there are likely to be appointed friends and relatives helping out. I have actually seen uncooked food being sent back to the kitchen at wedding dinners. The thing is most people will take it lying down which is very much the Singapore culture.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

My personally philosophy is never send food back. I will not eat food because you have no clue what they do to spite you. I will never do anything to put my guest in such a situation.

I will make the sure the dish will not go into my bill. The restaurant made the mistake and not me.

If it a wedding, they bound to see my lawyer before they see a penny from me.

The people in kitchens especially in this day and age are not members of the Church choir.

All wedding dinners are like what you described with the bride and the groom moving in and out but not so busy as not to notice things not right and also there are likely to be appointed friends and relatives helping out. I have actually seen uncooked food being sent back to the kitchen at wedding dinners. The thing is most people will take it lying down which is very much the Singapore culture.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You know the game bro.

Bro, I've dealt with several of these chaps previously. Narrating my encounters and things executed in the name of national security surely kenna OSA and maybe even ISA. You surely know what's done behing closed doors.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple refuses to pay for poor banquet service

20111204.144223_dinner.jpg

Police were called in at the end of a wedding dinner to settle a dispute between the wedding couple and the hotel.

The couple were unhappy with the service and the food served by Novotel Clarke Quay, and refused to pay the $8,000 that was left on their bill.

The Shin Min Daily News reported that the couple had tried to negotiate with the hotel's banquet department unsuccessfully, leading to the police being called in by the hotel.

The hotel refused to comment on the incident, however, the report from Shin Min Daily claimed that the coupled complained that the staff removed the banquet just five minutes after it was served, regardless of whether the food has been consumed.

In the end the couple settled the bill on advice from the police but requested that the hotel provide a reasonable compensation for its poor service.

The hotel told the couple that their request will considered and that they will be contacted later this week.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Last month I attended a friend's wedding in a RWS restaurant. It was a wedding lunch, not dinner. The food was also bad. Every friend and relative were grumping making the new couple very embarrassed. If I ever get married, I won't want a wedding lunch or dinner. I think book a honeymoon tour package is enough.

hi there

1. ms irene, take my advice.
2. a wonderful honeymoon and plenty of bonking shall be suffice.
3. just ignore what old folks got to say about some wedding things.
4. you end up paying for something expensive.
5. honest, i did what my "heart" tells me not what some big mouthers.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I can never understand why people cough up so much money for a 10 course meal that doesn't even taste good. Just go to ROM and sign on the line. Save the money for the honeymoon and renovations.

hi there

1. bro, the 10-course menu was already a thing of the past.
2. nowadays, it is some 8-course thing with the last item being the dessert.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

20111203_banquet_G3.jpg

Notice the dark-skinned waiter on the left? What's he doing as a waiter at a traditional Cantonese restaurant?

I have had the misfortune of being served by Indian/PRC/Pinoy waiters and waitresses at a Japanese restaurant (which I won't name). They don't know what the fuck they're serving on the menu. They can't pronounce the names of the dishes.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Ramseth passed. Penetrator failed.

hi there

1. wow! ms irene taking on ah ham sum ram!
2. i did my honeymoon thing in england.
3. we went on homestay and farm visits too.
4. drove ourselves across england, from the west midlands, central then to the east.
5. yes, i love its countryside very much.

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi there

1. wow! ms irene taking on ah ham sum ram!
2. i did my honeymoon thing in england.
3. we went on homestay and farm visits too.
4. drove ourselves across england, from the west midlands, central then to the east.
5. yes, i love its countryside very much.

Not taking on. Just saying his answer is correct. The bride should decide the honeymoon destination. :wink: