• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chen Show Mao

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not true. My fren salary 18k also do reservist. He served as CBL storeman in my unit.
The diff is, Chen chosed to stay and work overseas and siamed all reservist. Its his choice. He chosed not to serve. Service is a privildge and not a scarifice he said?
Don't listen to what people say, look at what they did.

I served 3 ICT, attended SATO for reservist officers, and the last 9 months during the calendar year I was in SG, more than 30 years ago, I signed a waiver because I served more than 40 days as a reservist officer that year. When I left Singapore, I applied for an exit permit every year, then every 2 years, until MINDEF notified me that I was 50 and do not need to apply for exit permit.

With respect, I believe that it was too challenging for me to take a day to fly to Singapore, recover from jet lag, and to tolerate the hot and humid weather, after being acclimatized to the True North Strong and Free.

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I served 3 ICT, attended SATO for reservist officers, and the last 9 months during the calendar year I was in SG, more than 30 years ago, I signed a waiver because I served more than 40 days as a reservist officer that year. When I left Singapore, I applied for an exit permit every year, then every 2 years, until MINDEF notified me that I was 50 and do not need to apply for exit permit.

With respect, I believe that it was too challenging for me to take a day to fly to Singapore, recover from jet lag, and to tolerate the hot and humid weather, after being acclimatized to the True North Strong and Free.

There, there, Charlie. Kanina is suffering a relapse from the lack of medication, exacerbated by the heat. Do not take heart. The worry is this continual skipping of medication in the hot weather may lead to his demise. We would not want that, would we:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forgive Kinana for showing his ignorance about NS and ICTs.. Kinana was excused from NS due to his missing balls when he first went for the Pre NS enlistment check up years ago..:eek: Thats why he know nuts about ICTs..

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry guys, i dont read local 154th newspaper at all nowadays. so i am unable to discuss the article about CSM and i stop reading due to their credibility. :biggrin:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

You served 3 ICT. Chen Show Man served none at all.
Service is a priviledge and not a sacrifice he said?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgive Kinana for showing his ignorance about NS and ICTs.. Kinana was excused from NS due to his missing balls when he first went for the Pre NS enlistment check up years ago..:eek: Thats why he know nuts about ICTs..[/SIZE]

Thats right sir. You and I know what is ICT. Chen Show Man doesn't.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forgive Kinana for showing his ignorance about NS and ICTs.. Kinana was excused from NS due to his missing balls when he first went for the pre NS enlistment check up years ago ..:eek: Thats why he know nuts about ICTs..

thats right sir.

It saddens me to know of your sad condition.. Hope you find your missing balls soon.. :eek: :biggrin: :eek:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
We see opposition supporters going into denial once the dirty truths about their leaders get exposed.

Cheers

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
We see opposition supporters going into denial once the dirty truths about their leaders get exposed.

Cheers

PAP MP Puthucheary lagi best. He defnded stoutly that current job in the hospital aka "saving children lives" as more important than serving fulltime NS. Definitely consider himself to be a higher mortal and above NS.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? Where did he say that?
What did Chen Show Man said? Making money is more important that serving NS?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? Where did he say that?
What did Chen Show Man said? Making money is more important that serving NS?

So your point is people who served reservist duties are better Singaporeans, more loyal, etc, than those who don't? Does that mean that people who doesn't even serve NS are the worst?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
So your point is people who served reservist duties are better Singaporeans, more loyal, etc, than those who don't? Does that mean that people who doesn't even serve NS are the worst?

My point is simple. People who siam reservists cannot be a patriot.
People who siam reservist and claim that service is a priviledge and not a burden is a hypocrite and liar

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

My point is simple. People who siam reservists cannot be a patriot.
People who siam reservist and claim that service is a priviledge and not a burden is a hypocrite and liar

How about people who never even served a day of active service?

Let me rephrase it a little. How about people who never even served a day of active service but became a Singapore Citizen nonetheless? Is he a patriot?

Last edited:

Silencer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, they can choose to serve or not serve, its up to them. In the case of Chen, he chose not to serve because its costs him too much to serve.
Service is a privilege? Not a burden?
Don't listen to what they say, look at what they did.

Let's not go round the mulberry bush.
CSM did NS but was not called up for reservist but you insist that he MUST and
"can choose to serve" another word ... volunteered.

Then you claimed that Janil Puthucheary do not need to do NS as he was not liable for it.

Chen proved he chosed to siam reservist duties while JP proved he wasn't liable for NS when he was 18. what else?

Why don't you go asked Janil why he "can choose to serve" NS he don't ?

Ah yes I forgot he worked as a doctor and he claimed that was his national service that is saving life.

Then all you freaking NSmen are all dumb asses doing NS as it did not save life and
it is well known only to be cheap labour which you dumb asses help prolific.

In short all you dumb asses should go see your MP and request to opt out of it as what Janil and Kinana
so professedly agreed.

So great no NS so no Reservist and you dumb asses not liable to choose it even if not called up and '
will not be labelled privilege to serve. Great argument !

Last edited:

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen SM really reignites the passion to serve, even though its just a small step in a new political mindset.

Agree with the comparison of a meeting in the Fullerton vis a meeting in a local area. Speaks volumes of a a person.

TJS will never reach Chen's stature.

agree with u. most others try to shine/look good. csm just wants to serve. the more i read about this man, the more i respect him.

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. My fren salary 18k also do reservist. He served as CBL storeman in my unit.
The diff is, Chen chosed to stay and work overseas and siamed all reservist. Its his choice. He chosed not to serve. Service is a privildge and not a scarifice he said?

do u build your life around your reservist?

and i'm sure csm's salary wasn't just 18k, babes.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Tan's son(s) super deferred NS tilll late years.

Chen Show Mao served as an OFFICER, completing his NS before going to uni.

Now who's talking about who?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not go round the mulberry bush.
CSM did NS but was not called up for reservist but you insist that he MUST and
"can choose to serve" another word ... volunteered.
Not called up? Wasn't it because he chose to work overseas?

Then you claimed that Janil Puthucheary do not need to do NS as he was not liable for it.

Why don't you go asked Janil why he "can choose to serve" NS he don't ?

Ah yes I forgot he worked as a doctor and he claimed that was his national service that is saving life.
He wasn't even a Singaporean back then, how to do NS?

Then all you freaking NSmen are all dumb asses doing NS as it did not save life and
it is well known only to be cheap labour which you dumb asses help prolific.
Janil saved lives. Chen make money.

Silencer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not called up? Wasn't it because he chose to work overseas?

Great argument again.
I think you should recommend the good government to not allow all citizens to go overseas if their reservist liability
is not complete. Make it an Election issue, I support !

He wasn't even a Singaporean back then, how to do NS?

Duh! I meant why not when he became a citizen and why not now ?
He "can choose to serve" NS now ... no ?

Easier, why not ask him to give up his full time job and concentrate on his MP role fully like CSM.

Last edited: