• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chen Show Mao

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen must be the key plank in recruiting capable people like him. Time is short. WP has to throw everything including the kitchen sink into this. They must not be too focused on council matters. The future of this country is at stake. The PAP in recent years and with sterling performance from the TCH in Hougang BE and over Reuban Wang, the writing is on the wall.

The recent blog on the meeting with Shanmugam by blogger Gintai shows a man so completely detached from reality it is not funny.

Here is something else interesting to note. When an Opposition Party Leader was asked for an interview, he agreed to meet at the Fullerton.. CSM chose his council office and for the photoshoot the local hawker centre and with Ice Kachang to boot, a neutral and well loved dessert. This guy is sending all the right messages.

To top it all, his grasp of the issues was staggering.

I am still surprised that this article was written in this manner and passed the editors desk.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am certain that it was cleared because of what LTK said about the MSM. Its an opportunity for PAP arselickers like Ron to claim that they are fair. Similar to their claims that Chiam has successfully sued PAP ministers.

I am sure they will eventually crucify someone in opposition soon.

Once awhile, even in PAP-led S'pore, miracles do happen. Am quite certain it received the go ahead from an office outside Toa Payoh.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess that must be becos he sincerely believes in this servant leadership notion and goes about walking his talk. It can only come from having an "abundance mentality" - a feeling of being able to stand aloof above little added honours; something that TJS should learn from.

It's when one has inferiority complex, that one resorts to inflate resumes, drop names etc.

Here is something else interesting to note. When an Opposition Party Leader was asked for an interview, he agreed to meet at the Fullerton.. CSM chose his council office and for the photoshoot the local hawker centre and with Ice Kachang to boot, a neutral and well loved dessert. This guy is sending all the right messages.

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha when OYK pictured playing soccer with local kids, it must be posed. But when CSM was posed with with a hawker centre it was sending all the right messages.
I urge everyone to look beyond the pictures and look at their work, what they stand for etc.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree, he associates things with his cause. I liked the way he framed the servant leadership ethos.

I guess that must be becos he sincerely believes in this servant leadership notion and goes about walking his talk. It can only come from having an "abundance mentality" - a feeling of being able to stand aloof above little added honours; something that TJS should learn from.

It's when one has inferiority complex, that one resorts to inflate resumes, drop names etc.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen SM really reignites the passion to serve, even though its just a small step in a new political mindset.

Agree with the comparison of a meeting in the Fullerton vis a meeting in a local area. Speaks volumes of a a person.

TJS will never reach Chen's stature.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
When he did well enough to choose a book prize, he picked Lady Chatterley's Lover, to the disapproval of Mr Lau, who made him select another book.

My he chose a book about sex to read out loud....

Still, human nature

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM served his NS.. It's already good enough for me.. What about your Janil Puthucheary?

Where he served his BMT?

In KK hospital when he helped your pregnant cow to give birth??? LOL..LOL..LOL.. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Not good enough for me bro.
Mao was eligible to do NS while Janil was not eligible for NS bro, thats the diff.

What about plagiarism? Ok for you too?
What about smiling widely in photo op wheile Singkies are stuck w/o MRT? Ok with you too?

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen proved he chosed to siam reservist duties while JP proved he wasn't liable for NS when he was 18. what else?

Silencer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen proved he chosed to siam reservist duties while JP proved he wasn't liable for NS when he was 18. what else?

Reservist was not called because MINDEF found him too expensive to recall otherwise he would not be
able to clear his application to stand for election.

SIAM is Thailand and a misrepresentation.

Last edited:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One of the most poetic & crystal piece of writing I am struck with coming from this kopitiam...

kudos kingrant, love yr use of 'abundance mentality' which sadly lots of cynics here from chaopappy to scroobal sadly yet understandly have become under the yoke of the party in white....

Seeing possibilities in spite of all the evil reports require a certain cause-driven consciousness.

Any can bitch, some even do so eloquently and caustically with wit to boot. But what next? More cursing & swearing of papzis/pappies/bastards etc etc...

Incidentally, Scroo, this place you called Braddell Brothel... Sigh, i have mixed feelings with this term since good men have walked down their corridors like Ken Kuek etc... I understand the revulsive contempt as well....

Suddenly i realized, with Chen Sow Mao's charisma, i won't be surprised sometimes even prostitutes fall into love helplessly with their clients .... With run-off-the-mill clients like ministars etc, once in a blue moon, a gem appears... Prostitutes occasionally have a heart you know, even if they prostitute for money in cowardice...

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reservist was not called because MINDEF found him too expensive to recall otherwise he would not be
able to clear his application to stand for election.

SIAM is Thailand and a misrepresentation.
L O L ! Way to go, bro..

Don't dignify that arsehole kanina with any reply,
he is paid based on how much he can provoke... And elicit responses.

From his strident & short concise sentences, pretty high powered scholar-type pretending to be dumb.

He is the epitome of PAP grassroot leaders and bureaucratic mandarins:
quick with facts, dead dull facts,
but no clue with truths - ground, simple home truths about people, decency and common sense.

Kee chiu, kee kum lan lah ! :oIo:

jw5

Loyal

He had ice kachang during the interview because of this para:

"THE first morning the 11-year-old Chen Show Mao arrived here from Taipei, he tucked into ice kacang. He remembers the scorching sun, the bright hues and the depth of flavour.

Sitting at the hawker centre near his Singapore Improvement Trust flat home in Prince Philip Avenue and watching a profusion of women in saris and sarongs go to the market, he was bowled over by Singapore's vibrancy."

jw5

Loyal

Hey moron kanina, do you know what is a valid exit permit for working overseas?
Obviously you don't, because the furthest you have gone is probably to collect your ntuc vouchers for your postings here.

jw5

Loyal
All these quoted parts are actually written in by SPH editors themselves! Claiming to quote from 'ghost' interviews.

These questions were probably asked during the interview, denied by Chen and then put in to remind readers of the "possibilities".
I wonder whether they asked Zorro the same questions when he left stat board to become a ministar who spends his time stating the obvious and making motherhood statements.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The late VP ACS, Ernest Lau tutored him in the English language. Ernest also coached LWL when the latter had to take her GP. Btw, he and Lau Lee bro-in-laws.

Wonder who else was coached by Ernest. Another super high flier?