• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Caring for the poor? This is what will happen if you pander to the needs of losers.

Seriusly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Caring for the poor? This is what will happen if you pander to the needs of loser

The man built Singapore pretty much from scratch. He deserves every penny he gets and more.

The poor, on the other hand, deserve nothing.

He stood on the shoulders of many great men.

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Caring for the poor? This is what will happen if you pander to the needs of loser

<< Unfortunately, once again, I have no perfect solution...
I'm only confident in my beliefs about the roots of the world's problems...
And confident that I've tried my best to be the best that I can be so far... >>

Therefore, help them and we will be stuck with helping them.
Don't help them, also cannot.
Sometmes feed them (the birds) and kena jailed.
Big pool of haves help the havenots but more will gravitate to the havenots and the haves cannot sustain.
Some believe in the end of the world.
Meanwhile healthcare costs keep going up, can die but cannot fall sick.

Is it time to consider euthanasia as a solution?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

<< Unfortunately, once again, I have no perfect solution...
I'm only confident in my beliefs about the roots of the world's problems...
And confident that I've tried my best to be the best that I can be so far... >>

Please use the proper quote tags to quote a portion of the message.

The use of << and >> has gone the way of the dodo along with newsgroups.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

http://www.express.co.uk/comments/view/454661

NO WONDER EUROPE IS NOW BANKRUPTED INCLUDING USA TOO.

NEXT WILL BE AUSTRALIA AND NZ. NOT TOO FAR AWAY, I THINK.

ONLY IN THE UK!

Family Bread Winners, state funded!

ANY WONDER THE UK IS BANKRUPT...!???

This is preposterous! A doctor told me that a woman in her late 20's came to the hospital today with her 8th pregnancy.

She told the first doctor she saw: "My mum told me that I am the breadwinner for the family." He asked her to explain. She said that she can make babies and babies get money from the State for the family. It goes like this:

The Grandma calls the Department for Work and pensions, and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for all of her kids. DWP agrees, and tells her the children will need to go into foster care.

The Grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and receives a cheque for £700per child each month.

Total yearly income:

£58,800 soon to become £67200 when the 8th one is born, tax-free and nobody has to go to work! In fact, they get more if there is no husband/father/man in the home! The brother does not count.

Not to mention free dental treatment, free housing, free council tax, free school dinners, free tuition fees at college or Uni, free eye care and glasses, free prescriptions and various other benefits...

Total value of all benefits combined probably approaching £100,000 per annum which would require an income of around £148000 to create. About my salary as a senior consultant with years of experience and surgical skills in a central London teaching hospital

Indeed, Grandma was correct that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family.

This is how the liberal politicians spend your taxes. When this generous programme was invented in the '60s, the Great Society architects forgot to craft an end date... and now we are hopelessly overrun with people who vote only for those who will continue to keep them on the dole.....

No wonder the UK is broke!

Don't forget to pay your taxes!!

There are a lot of “breadwinners”
depending on you!

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.express.co.uk/comments/view/454661

Total value of all benefits combined probably approaching £100,000 per annum which would require an income of around £148000 to create. About my salary as a senior consultant with years of experience and surgical skills in a central London teaching hospital

Indeed, Grandma was correct that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family.

This is how the liberal politicians spend your taxes. When this generous programme was invented in the '60s, the Great Society architects forgot to craft an end date... and now we are hopelessly overrun with people who vote only for those who will continue to keep them on the dole.....

There are a lot of “breadwinners”
depending on you!

They failed, period. So let's not do that, period.
Many year ago, I had a debate with a schoolmate. It was about achieving too much too quickly and leaving the mass of havenots behind (big gini).
We concluded that we must aim for the sky, Mars and beyond. We must seize all the initiatives and opportunities presenting at that time. Those who can achieve must do so, no matter how far the gap from the bottom 10% is. If we end up only on the moon or the mountain top, so be it. If we aimed at the mountains we might end up only on the hills and treetops.
The caveat is the rich must help the poor (fortunately, even buffet et al realised this), and we have the means to do it and we must have the will to do it. If we had plodded mediocrely, we will end up with a situation which I call the poor helping the poor. Make no mistake, had we achieved half of what we have today, there will still be the bottom 10% who needs help. The bottom 10% might change its character but it never disappears.
So, we ended up with problem of income disparity and we don't seem to have the political will to put the brakes on exploiting the low wage earners. This led to the suggestion of shock therapy to put things right. I have no doubt that the shock was not meant to be, but changes, yes.
The help extended to the poor must always follow the principle that nothing is for free and must include an element of self-help. We should only deviate from this in extreme cases. Society must decide what is meant by extreme and cast this in stone to prevent the slippery slide to welfarism.
Maybe we don't need euthanasia ... yet.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

The man built Singapore pretty much from scratch. He deserves every penny he gets and more.

heh ah leong, you sure anot.he built singapore from scratch or he just built sg from somewhere?
if the british did not lay the foundation, you really think ah lee can really built from nothing to something?
if without all our forefathers working so hard, without everyone of us serving 2 yrs ns slave,who you think ah lee can depend sg defence from?

without all the rich culture from the 4 difference races we have here, try built singapore from scratch as what you say lor.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

ask mr lee go to syria or iraq and build their country to our standard la.since you so think highly of him.
but to be fair to mr lee, he did his part in building sg but not as what you said,he buikt sg from scratch and without any help or only
he built sg as in we own him a living.

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course a country would go bankrupt if you just gave to those who needed or wanted it and continued to reward others without justification.
The only solution is an equitable (not equal) distribution of resources. Not only to individuals but to projects and programs.

Stop rewarding those who are undeserving or reduce the rewards of those who have not performed up to mark.
Help those who are in need and their children if they have been hardworking, but have suffered some misfortune or setback through no fault of their own.
Get those who are able bodied and who have caused their own downfall or are simply lazy or choosy into some programs which make them work as they live.

All these simply requires some thought and investigation into the individual cases. Plenty of resources to do this from the civil service and the military. It is simply too expedient to do nothing or to continue to fatten the elites and connected. What is worse is that they actualy provide assistance to those who kpkb and shout the loudest, so that they can be rid of them and can tell the world that they have "helped the needy".

i remember many years ago in this forum, ppl adored the welfare scheme and was one of the reasons all flock to the west, now is proven this scheme cant hold water and is failing under it's own weight....

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal

heh ah leong, you sure anot.he built singapore from scratch or he just built sg from somewhere?
if the british did not lay the foundation, you really think ah lee can really built from nothing to something?
if without all our forefathers working so hard, without everyone of us serving 2 yrs ns slave,who you think ah lee can depend sg defence from?

without all the rich culture from the 4 difference races we have here, try built singapore from scratch as what you say lor.

you need a strongman with a clear man with a strong will and determination to build and maintain a country like Sing..see how the world is falling...look at india, they enjoy bull run for only 10 years and now corruption, scandals, policy flip flop has usher in the bear..look at greek, spain and next one will be china..

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Helping the poor... That's where the religious group comes into the picture. Allow the believers to gain good karma by performing good deeds... What a win/win for all!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

i remember many years ago in this forum, ppl adored the welfare scheme and was one of the reasons all flock to the west, now is proven this scheme cant hold water and is failing under it's own weight....

It's proven? How well are the poor in anti-welfare Sinkieland doing now compared to their counterparts in Sweden, Denmark, Germany? Bloody brainwashed Sinkie :rolleyes:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

you need a strongman with a clear man with a strong will and determination to build and maintain a country like Sing..see how the world is falling...look at india, they enjoy bull run for only 10 years and now corruption, scandals, policy flip flop has usher in the bear..look at greek, spain and next one will be china..

What do you mean by "a country like Sing"? You mean a country with one of the highest public debt in the world at 100.79% of GDP? :confused:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[QUOTE=Leongsam;967568]Of paramount importance is the need to alert ALL Singaporeans to the perils of providing welfare to those who purportedly have "fallen through the cracks".

People "fall through the cracks" for a reason and it's because they're either too dumb to know what a crack is or too blind to see them. Either way, providing them with money they haven't earned does nothing but generate bigger cracks and a larger number of blind idiots.[/QUOTE][/

I am a nobody, just a busy body for the poor peasants that we have been made into.
At least peasants had land to till,care and yield. What do we have, Leong?
We are nothing but dwellers in pigeon-holes.
Leongsam thou art lucky for thou had been a MP before
Thou made millions and today sit on many directorships
Thus thou hath lost thy humble direction and human touch.
Thou had forgotten the suffering and humiliation of thy brethrens - the masses.
Remember what hapened to Joseph at the hands of his brothers.
The same fate awaits ye (Leongsam)
I ain't any soothsayer.
But so far what I have said has seen the light of truth.
So Leongsam, you either repent now or face the wrath of whoever Is Above ye.
Thousand curses are upon ye and your loved ones.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Thousand curses are upon ye and your loved ones.

Why drag my innocent loved ones into this? It isn't their fault I'm a heartless prick?:rolleyes: :oIo:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

even the social liberal californian governor is proposing welfare reform to avoid bankruptcy of the great state....

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/usworld/california-pushing-more-welfare-recipients-to-work/

By Serena Enger
June 11, 2012
LOS ANGELES — Gov. Jerry Brown wants to shift the safety net protecting California’s most vulnerable residents

Pressured by a $16 billion budget deficit, the governor is proposing a major overhaul of the state’s welfare-to-work program with the strategy of slashing people’s benefits to motivate them to get jobs faster.

The move, if approved by the state Legislature as part of the 2012-13 budget package, would save $880 million, but beyond the savings, analysts say it represents a shift in the philosophy of how the Golden State helps its neediest residents.

“It’s a reversal of the state’s historic commitment to these families and children,” said Scott Graves, senior policy analyst with the California Budget Project. “It’s a very significant change.”

California is the national leader in welfare recipients. About 3.8 percent of state residents were on welfare in 2010, the highest percentage in the country. In fact, California houses about a third of the nation’s welfare recipients, while only housing one-eighth of the national population.

...[snip]

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal

ONLY IN THE UK!
Family Bread Winners, state funded!

ANY WONDER THE UK IS BANKRUPT...!???

No wonder most Stinkie peasant losers in this forum wanna migrate to Western countries. They can earn more money by not working in the West than working in Singapore. What they don't realize is that the welfare system itself is unsustainable.

Kudos to The PAP for a job well done! Thank you LKY for transforming Singapore from a 3rd world backwater to a 1st world country.

Lovenest

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is becos bankrupts do not need to pay back full to creditors and can be reinstated as clean person again after only a few years. This happen in Sillypore as well.