• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are vintage Rolex watches good investment?

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've heard from many old timers and horological enthusiasts say that Rolex watches will appreciate over time..

Is this true? Some have even claimed that over a longer period, say 30 yrs, a Rolex watch can easily beat the S&P!! :confused:

Any horological fanatics here can confirm such?? :confused: I am tempted to purchase and start my own humble collection..

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've heard from many old timers and horological enthusiasts say that Rolex watches will appreciate over time..

Is this true? Some have even claimed that over a longer period, say 30 yrs, a Rolex watch can easily beat the S&P!! :confused:

Any horological fanatics here can confirm such?? :confused: I am tempted to purchase and start my own humble collection..

The word vintage says everything. But I think you must appreciate the watch to be able to appreciate the value in it.

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The word vintage says everything. But I think you must appreciate the watch to be able to appreciate the value in it.

Yes in fact I have been doing some research on Rolex watches since I started a thread here sometime ago criticising others for wearing them.

Fact is the more research I did on these watches, the more immersed and impressed I am with it's rich history, fine workmanship and prestige! I must say I am quite captivated and should humbly take back my words now.

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

:smile: No offense bro, if u are asking a basic question like that, it means that you definitely need to do more research on ROLEX watches, new and vintages and also Replicas ans refurbished ones...

If you are not a collector, just go to some big fancy shop at the promenade and get a brand new one with paper work:p

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
400_F_11451800_ciVyHWbTPrtr9ilBDZNwBtoUbRUZkW0D.jpg

It's like asking which is better ?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes in fact I have been doing some research on Rolex watches since I started a thread here sometime ago criticising others for wearing them.

Fact is the more research I did on these watches, the more immersed and impressed I am with it's rich history, fine workmanship and prestige! I must say I am quite captivated and should humbly take back my words now.

You the one that said chicken rice seller likes wearing them while preparing the meal?

Got mine :wink:
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LV.jpg