• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We were friends: Couple who lost S$180,000 to luxury goods scam

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm wondering the two were paupers just two years ago. How did they get the initial capital to roll? They need lots of money to buy the luxury items in order to amass $32m in revenue.

It's an interesting question & worthy of mental exercise.

Robberies are quite common in Thailand & Malaysia, & expensive watches are great commodities to exchange for cash. Such watches cannot be traced & often either sold to many legitimate pawnshops & in the underworld, there are those whom will offer money, often a bit higher than pawnshops - 12%+- value of the watch, & they are commonly known as Fencers, whom will in turn, use their contacts in the legitimate biz world such as social media to offload those watches at 90% of its value, far more attractive than buying direct from manufacturer or legitimate agents, with no gst.

Do not under-estimate the amount of watches stolen. It is NOT just 1 watch that is stolen, but by the thousands per year, & ill begotten gains can be huge. 1 expensive watch = est S$200,000. A mere 1000 watches = $200,000,000 ( $200Million).

Perhaps it was Siriwipa Pansuk, the Thai wife whom had contacts with underworld Fencers whom supplied those stolen watches. Usually, it would have to be within the family & may be one of her Uncles who is a Fencer. Singapore is a good place to offload those watches as many are quite cash rich, & being a financial center, the ease of monetary & goods flow are uncomplicated, often untraced back to Thailand.

And being a trusted family contact, the watches would be easily sent to Siriwipa for verification to the customers first, then accept payment or the balance once the watch is verified by customer. The couple's biz is online & thus have no brick & mortar shop. Meeting up with customers, expensive dinners, etc, are only a way to gain customers satisfaction & trust.

And thus, the amount of money flow is huge, in millions with the couple & the Fencer earning big commissions. Somehow, along the way, like all biz ventures, something soured - either the supply of money from the couple to the fencer became limited or the supply of watches from fencer to the couple got limited as it is a competitive world too in the underworld- truly & literally 'cut throat biz', ended up everyone in the supply chain got busted & on the run...

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Worth to figure out . Leeport states about 180 victims means on average each victim been conned 32m/180=180k.
They still can leeturn 670k to jasper.
They can roll so amazinglee yet they never plan for escape route .So smart yet so stupid.
Maybe they didn't needed to play dragon show with others onlee played with jasper.
I'm also wondering if people like Jasper bought the watches with box and guarantee card. For luxury watches, without box and guarantee card, you will not be able to resell it at high price. And if I were the buyer, I would definitely suspect the item to be a stolen item if it did not come with box and guarantee card.

So Jasper should also be called up for investigation. :eek:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm also wondering if people like Jasper bought the watches with box and guarantee card. For luxury watches, without box and guarantee card, you will not be able to resell it at high price. And if I were the buyer, I would definitely suspect the item to be a stolen item if it did not come with box and guarantee card.

KNN you also think alot like my uncle :biggrin:
That's why you all are all wise and smart people :roflmao: KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot compare with your uncle.:notworthy:

You uncle is 文武雙全, can think can also perform stunts like wheelie.

I can only ponder.:wink:

I am a stupid person. Cannot geng covid anymore from today. Kana auto discharge liao. sibbeixian
You all are too modest .
Imuho you are part of the imperial scholars gang ok :thumbsup:
FlakySpryCuscus-max-1mb.gif

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually, for a few hundred dollars, one can buy by the lot size authentic looking boxes from famous watch brands & even its often printed unique guarantee cards/certification of authenticity card made in Thailand or China. Some can even buy such material online as collectors item (only the box & card ) less than a hundred dollars.

Most buyers would not be bothered about the guarantee cards as such watches are made at the highest quality & would not spoil easily. It is the watch that they are concerned with, should not be a fake & ESPECIALLY the discounted price. For authenticity, they could always bring the watch to authorized dealers to confirm on the spot. As for the guarantee cards, it may take a longer time to confirm with manufacturer, if at all.

Thus, to prevent anyone from being scammed, it would be best to buy straight from legitimate authorized dealers & distributors. For those whom wish to buy Pre-owned quality watches ( 2nd hand ), it is legitimate to do so, but best buy it from licensed dealers of such goods with a store front that you can physically see, touch & authenticate the watch before handing money over, as large sums are involved & not pocket change which one can afford to lose without a blink of an eye.

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
May all the victims of the couple's scam know that justice, one way or another, will be served upon the couple.

The couple are fugitives now, & worse, living in lands well known for corruption. There will be no day when they dont have to look behind their back. Not only are the Spore govt & Interpol searching for them, the underworld too is keeping out an eye for them, as they, being non-citizens with NO rights & are only illegals living in their land, will see them extorted of their ill-begotten gains, as they will need the underworld for support - fake passports/ID cards, servants to buy food for them, corrupt officials tobribe off, etc, & it will NOT come cheap once they know the extend of wealth the couple has, & it will be paid either by their cash or by kind ( assistance to further scam projects ).

There is no honor among thieves. They can run, but they cannot hide from the long arm of the Law. It's only a matter of time....

David Rasif still at large after escaping with 10million dollars. Not all will be caught.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Untitled Movie script Part 3 rough cut

"5 seconds to Target", Bob Soh, the pilot announced over the intercom as he maintained speed & held the P750XL plane at 10,000ft. Alan Quek & the rest of the 5 men Commando team got up from their seat & opened the side door of the aircraft. Upon seeing the bulb just above the door turned green, they leapt out of the aircraft one by one into the dark night.

The warm air currents rushed up as the team skydived down towards a red blinking light, dropped from the aircraft as a signal guide, the only visible light in the pitch black evening, 1km away from the target compound, a 50m by 50m single storey walled domicile atop a small hill. At 3000ft, the team pulled open their parachutes & glided into the blinking light drop zone, a patch of open ground amidst the forest.

Upon landing, they gathered up their parachutes, walked into the forest, dug a trench & dump the parachute paraphernalia into it, including their jumpsuits, leaving them in their civilian style clothing, then covered up the trench, ensuring the surface matches with the surrounding area, so as to leave no evidence.

Alan Quek-the leader of the team, pulled out his PDA to check his GPS location as well as to confirm that the 3 guards watching over the compound are at the location thru the drone camera connected to the PDA by Wi Fi, which had been circling overhead for the past 3 nights. "Alright guys, as per plan & rehearsals done. Let's go", he commanded & headed towards the rear of the compound with his team.

Upon reaching, they easily scaled the 2m wall & crept up to the building. A lone guard was sleeping at the rear entrance. Alan took out his syringe, crept up to the guard silently, covered the guard's mouth & injected the fluid to his neck. The guard woke up, startled but immediately went limp & unconscious. It was a paralysing serum that would render one unconscious & limp for at least 8hrs. Leaving him on the ground, Alan directed 2 of his other team members-Robert Tan & Eric Lim, to attack the 2 other guards, one at the main gate & another at the main entrance.

As it was dark, Robert & Eric easily crept up to the guards from behind & injected the serum to them, unnoticed. Signaling to Alan with a thumbs up that their job was done, who was at the side of the building, he then walked to the back entrance, opened the back door & went into the building with Thomas Chan & Aaron Pang, into the living room, where Somsak was, seated on a sofa in front of the TV watching a comedy talk show.

Alan sat down on an armchair beside Somsak, who only then realized his presence & jumped up with fright, & then lunged towards the coffee table to get his phone. However, before he could even make another move, he was grabbed by the neck & tossed to the ground by Thomas, who took out a syringe & plunged the needle to his neck.

" Calm down, Somsak", said Alan. " You can run, but can't hide. I only want information, not your life." Somewhat soothed, Somsak sat down & asked " Who are you, where are you from, perhaps we can cut a deal?" His sneaky eyes watched Alan hopefully. Alan then replied, " We are not important, but you are. Tell us where your niece is. Your accomplice in JB was caught & sang like a canary, of how she & her hubby was supposed to meet up at Starbucks cafe, to be given fake passports & IDs to fly by private jet to Thailand, but in actual fact was to be driven to an isolated spot in JB where a grave had been dug for them so that they will not divulge any information & detail about you. So talk, tell me where your niece is now whom had contacted you."

Somsak wanted to laugh, but suddenly he felt his heart beating rapidly, blood rushing up to his head. In agitation, he asked, " What did you inject me with?" Alan replied, " It's just a truth serum, to make you tell us the truth. Within your mind, you will struggle & it can be very painful for hours, more so with your age & health condition now. I have the antidote here to spare you the pain. So, do talk."

Somsak tried to remain silent, but feeling the throbbing & growing pain in his head, he blurted out, " She is in a hotel in Johor, Hotel Thistle, room 38.", just before he went into a coma. Aaron, who was cross trained as a sniper & a medic, checked Somsak's pulse. " He's breathing & ok. Should wake up 8hrs later once the serum effects wear off" Aaron said, as Alan then took out his handphone & sms the address to HQ Control.

"Alright guys, make yourself comfortable. We will wait for confirmation by HQ Control who will check up on the address. Thomas, go download his computer files. Control will want every data he has." Thomas nodded & went into Somsak's study room to find the computer.

Three hours later, an sms notification came to Alan's handphone. It read: " Confirmation. Proceed to point Bravo immediately." "Ok guys, leave no trace of our presence. Mop the floor quickly. We are leaving now", Alan ordered. 15mins later, after all work had been done, they moved out of the building. Just as they passed by a room in the hallway, Alan saw bags & bags filled with cash & valuables. He stopped at the nearest bag & picked up a watch in a zip-loc bag. It was an Audemars Piguet watch, worth over $200,000. He put it back into the bag & laughed to himself. "It will be a windfall for the Thai Police when they get here".

They got out of the house, gathering everyone & hopped into a Toyota Land Cruiser at the driveway. There was another similar car beside, which Thomas went to puncture 2 tires first, to prevent anyone else coming after them. Cruising out of the compound & into the dirt track, the drove away, heading towards Bangkok, a 4hr drive.

Ananda was sitting on the porch of his home when he saw the car went by. He job was as a lookout in the village for Somsak, one amongst many in the village including even some of the province cops. Noticing that it was the same car owned by Somsak, he simply drifted back to sleep.

2 hours into the journey to Bangkok, Alan saw a convoy of Thai Police cars heading towards the village where he just came from. He noticed that the police cars were from Bangkok & not from the province. Reaching Bangkok, they parked the car at a shopping mall, with the keys inside, knowing that it will be stolen soon & untraceable back to the team. In their different colored Benetton T- shirts & jeans, they easily blended in with the morning crowd, then each headed to different hotels where passports & air tickets to go back home at different time awaits them, with instructions to keep the mission a secret, sworn to secrecy or will be disowned if any detail leaked out, which will not be believed anyway & would only be ridiculed.