• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We were friends: Couple who lost S$180,000 to luxury goods scam

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My husband was a little bit sceptical at first. But I told him, just give it a leap of faith since it’s a Singapore company and somebody actually promoted it

Oh dear, there are still dumbasses out there who believe in the 'Singapore brand'. :roflmao:

Plenty of shady companies are registered or listed here, but don't let the facts get in the way of your brainwashing. :cool:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
May all the victims of the couple's scam know that justice, one way or another, will be served upon the couple.

The couple are fugitives now, & worse, living in lands well known for corruption. There will be no day when they dont have to look behind their back. Not only are the Spore govt & Interpol searching for them, the underworld too is keeping out an eye for them, as they, being non-citizens with NO rights & are only illegals living in their land, will see them extorted of their ill-begotten gains, as they will need the underworld for support - fake passports/ID cards, servants to buy food for them, corrupt officials tobribe off, etc, & it will NOT come cheap once they know the extend of wealth the couple has, & it will be paid either by their cash or by kind ( assistance to further scam projects ).

There is no honor among thieves. They can run, but they cannot hide from the long arm of the Law. It's only a matter of time....

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actuallee for anyone with an average iq the moment they leecided to pursue this con job they should have already make plans for the escape route the period before they were arrested by polis.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had beer with an old bird in the banking industry recently. He told me to expect more local con acts coming to the fore as the economy unravels. This is the same guy who hinted to me about a certain commodity trader who "has serious backers". I didn't know who he was talking about so I parked it in the back of my mind until the Envy story broke

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had beer with an old bird in the banking industry recently. He told me to expect more local con acts coming to the fore as the economy unravels. This is the same guy who hinted to me about a certain commodity trader who "has serious backers". I didn't know who he was talking about so I parked it in the back of my mind until the Envy story broke

The insignificant nobody me is a guy that will always base judgements upon evidences, & thus what you had voluntarily offered may seem lacking in such, but I would agree with you totally as that's how MASTERMINDs worked, for centuries, based upon reports I had the unfortunate opportunity to read...

Evil Masterminds are intelligent Humans, with BOTH hi IQ & EQ to be successful in a World riddled with MANY whom lacked opportunities & education to evolve, in economic & social terms.

Those whom are not successful or mere poseurs, are either in jails or dumped into seas with weighted stones when they show no results by their barbaric bosses. Many presumed that EVIL would be instantly recognizable - with horns on their head & calved toes. Such are only myths. TRUE evil lays within each Humankind, the moment when we seek for personal satisfactions than for society, rather than personal sacrifices for the greater good as our courageous forefathers had done for us to give us our todays, so that the next innocent generations to come will have a better chance for survival.

Those evil masterminds will gladly use ANY fool after studying their needs & aspirations, common only with normal aspirations of Humankind, give it to them, IN RETURN to enable the masters to be EVEN richer.

Recent example using this incident case study:-

The lorry driver would have needs to be met. As a driver in Spore, his earnings are not much & to build a family, there will always be further needs. He was approached by an evil mastermind, who tempted & convince him with riches that would solve his problems & assured him he would live to spend the riches. Being in need, the lorry driver, after studying the plan & presumed it safe, he agreed.

He failed to realize that in this modern age with hi tech, such as cameras, tracking devices & even the old adage that NO one can be trusted & that there is NO honor among thieves, he fell into the trap by the evil mastermind. Within days, he was easily apprehended, & the rest is history. Such are the ways of evil masterminds, as they know the limit of lower Humanity's intelligence & can be fooled of their needs.

It will be common soon as you said, Mr. Rogue Trader, with the advance of tech that most are not yet prepared for. However, as evil masterminds think they rule, so too will those whom have abilities above Human emotions rise. Evil will never be allowed to win over Good, a good that saw the evolution of our species rising from jungles & caves into civilization & even to Space.

As evil will tempt many, the insignificant nobody me advice is to turn the table, in the example of the lorry driver. Take the money, do the job, but QUICKLY send the money to loved ones to resolve family needs, then IMMEDIATELY surrender to the Police Dept & divulge ALL details. It is a criminal thing to do to help the con-artistes escape, but at the least he would had resolved family issues, & even going to jail would be a worthy sacrifice for the family as it had not been a death penalty crime.

State Prosecutors are not interested in him, as he was a mere pawn to a BIGGER crime to others, & can be expected to have leniency if he had done so as expected immediately, & his ill begotten gains...forgotten. State Prosecutors & Police investigators are MORE interested in the BIGGER fish - the mastermind - his last known locations, his whereabouts, his contacts, etc, every detail so that they can build up a bigger picture of where & when he will be, using all kinds of tech tools available.

Thus, to sum it up, (I apologize for the long read & doubt if any will read it anyway) - Turn the table on Evil masterminds & help civilization instead - keep authorities informed always, more so in nations where the Rule of Law is not corrupted but respected & followed, to save more others from being scammed or abused.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very few or nobody would carry around $32m in cash. may be $69k in a bag and the rest in foreign accounts. would sexpect authorities in sg to freeze their local bank accounts if any (left), check up on their credit card accounts if any, and track their money flow and wire transfers from previous local accounts to foreign accounts. and interpol can help with that. wonder if all these are going on, or are sinkie poodles twiddling thumbs?

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
The insignificant nobody me is a guy that will always base judgements upon evidences, & thus what you had voluntarily offered may seem lacking in such, but I would agree with you totally as that's how MASTERMINDs worked, for centuries, based upon reports I had the unfortunate opportunity to read...

Evil Masterminds are intelligent Humans, with BOTH hi IQ & EQ to be successful in a World riddled with MANY whom lacked opportunities & education to evolve, in economic & social terms.

Those whom are not successful or mere poseurs, are either in jails or dumped into seas with weighted stones when they show no results by their barbaric bosses. Many presumed that EVIL would be instantly recognizable - with horns on their head & calved toes. Such are only myths. TRUE evil lays within each Humankind, the moment when we seek for personal satisfactions than for society, rather than personal sacrifices for the greater good as our courageous forefathers had done for us to give us our todays, so that the next innocent generations to come will have a better chance for survival.

Those evil masterminds will gladly use ANY fool after studying their needs & aspirations, common only with normal aspirations of Humankind, give it to them, IN RETURN to enable the masters to be EVEN richer.

Recent example using this incident case study:-

The lorry driver would have needs to be met. As a driver in Spore, his earnings are not much & to build a family, there will always be further needs. He was approached by an evil mastermind, who tempted & convince him with riches that would solve his problems & assured him he would live to spend the riches. Being in need, the lorry driver, after studying the plan & presumed it safe, he agreed.

He failed to realize that in this modern age with hi tech, such as cameras, tracking devices & even the old adage that NO one can be trusted & that there is NO honor among thieves, he fell into the trap by the evil mastermind. Within days, he was easily apprehended, & the rest is history. Such are the ways of evil masterminds, as they know the limit of lower Humanity's intelligence & can be fooled of their needs.

It will be common soon as you said, Mr. Rogue Trader, with the advance of tech that most are not yet prepared for. However, as evil masterminds think they rule, so too will those whom have abilities above Human emotions rise. Evil will never be allowed to win over Good, a good that saw the evolution of our species rising from jungles & caves into civilization & even to Space.

As evil will tempt many, the insignificant nobody me advice is to turn the table, in the example of the lorry driver. Take the money, do the job, but QUICKLY send the money to loved ones to resolve family needs, then IMMEDIATELY surrender to the Police Dept & divulge ALL details. It is a criminal thing to do to help the con-artistes escape, but at the least he would had resolved family issues, & even going to jail would be a worthy sacrifice for the family as it had not been a death penalty crime.

State Prosecutors are not interested in him, as he was a mere pawn to a BIGGER crime to others, & can be expected to have leniency if he had done so as expected immediately, & his ill begotten gains...forgotten. State Prosecutors & Police investigators are MORE interested in the BIGGER fish - the mastermind - his last known locations, his whereabouts, his contacts, etc, every detail so that they can build up a bigger picture of where & when he will be, using all kinds of tech tools available.

Thus, to sum it up, (I apologize for the long read & doubt if any will read it anyway) - Turn the table on Evil masterminds & help civilization instead - keep authorities informed always, more so in nations where the Rule of Law is not corrupted but respected & followed, to save more others from being scammed or abused.
Sure thing, I will gladly help, you can trust me on that.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actuallee for anyone with an average iq the moment they leecided to pursue this con job they should have already make plans for the escape route the period before they were arrested by polis.
I'm wondering the two were paupers just two years ago. How did they get the initial capital to roll? They need lots of money to buy the luxury items in order to amass $32m in revenue.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm wondering the two were paupers just two years ago. How did they get the initial capital to roll? They need lots of money to buy the luxury items in order to amass $32m in revenue.

these 2 are just scapegoats, no syndicate support no go.
thats why they so sure nobody will dare kill them.

but you go up the mountain too often.....will meet a tiger one day

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no honor among thieves. They can run, but they cannot hide from the long arm of the Law. It's only a matter of time....
Jho Low is still on the run today and probably even enjoying the backing of his corrupted supporters and governments. In this world, money talks and nothing else matters.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Worth to figure out . Leeport states about 180 victims means on average each victim been conned 32m/180=180k.
They still can leeturn 670k to jasper.
They can roll so amazinglee yet they never plan for escape route .So smart yet so stupid.
Maybe they didn't needed to play dragon show with others onlee played with jasper.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imuho this jasper couple leelee naive . Bought items from carousell metup can click well go dinner like that is considered friend ?
The most my uncle will classify is acquaintance KNN no wonder some people fb can have thousands of friends added :biggrin:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imuho this jasper couple leelee naive . Bought items from carousell metup can click well go dinner like that is considered friend ?
The most my uncle will classify is acquaintance KNN no wonder some people fb can have thousands of friends added :biggrin:

You have to look at everything in context. Jasper made easy money from the resale of the watches he bought from the couple. So the couple must have sold the watches at a big discount that Jasper would never have gotten from Cortina, Sincere or Hour Glass. In that sense, Jasper wanted to be their friend and continue to milk as much as possible from the relationship. Obviously, Jasper did not mean friend in the 兩肋插刀 sense. It was purely for financial rewards.

And Jasper had to portray his loss in the context of friendship and betrayal of trust so that he would not be frowned upon as what you uncle likes to say - tam jiak ter nao.:biggrin:

Last edited: