• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone Owns a boat?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Besides, you can even save money by renting out our house and living on board the boat instead.

Living on board a $200,000 yacht won't be very comfortable.

You'll need to spend at least $500,000 if you want some decent living space. That'll get you an entry level 40 to 50ft. Something like this...

prestige46.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
With about $10 million lying around, you can get this....

Don't forget the $1 million per annum in maintenance costs...

venturayachts.jpg

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS should go and get his steersman license at MPA..

Then go and buy a bumboat similiar to the ones at Changi Point Jetty..

Think it cost less than 40K.. Its money worth it for me..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS should go and get his steersman license at MPA..

Then go and buy a bumboat similiar to the ones at Changi Point Jetty..

Think it cost less than 40K.. Its money worth it for me..
can sideline ferry passengers to Ubin eat seafood?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can sideline ferry passengers to Ubin eat seafood?

Not sure about that.. But I know of a few chaps who bought 2nd hand bumboats.. They then charge local anglers $40 to $60 per head for a fishing trip within Spore waters.. Used to know of one bumboat operator who makes at least 3K a week holding this fishing trips for local fishing enthusiasts..

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fibre glass boats are hot in the sun. So needs air con all the time. If no air con, Must dive into the sea to cool down during the day.
Wooden boats are better in our climate, like those used by fishermen. No need air on. Just cool water to drink will be fine.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about taxes ? Does Singapore tax yacht owners differently from other countries, just as in the case of cars ?

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
You get disturbed by Singapore Coast guards too?

I did some research and found out 200k is way too much for a beginner and for a commoner like myself, Not gonna spend more then 100k now. Still struggling to decide whether to sell my 3yr old Nissan and get a new car or a Boat.

Asura

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good to hear that. Can even have private party onboard every weekend.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Fibre glass boats are hot in the sun. So needs air con all the time. If no air con, Must dive into the sea to cool down during the day.
Wooden boats are better in our climate, like those used by fishermen. No need air on. Just cool water to drink will be fine.

Buying old wooden trawler and refitting it with modern creature comforts is a viable option.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You get disturbed by Singapore Coast guards too?

I did some research and found out 200k is way too much for a beginner and for a commoner like myself, Not gonna spend more then 100k now. Still struggling to decide whether to sell my 3yr old Nissan and get a new car or a Boat.

For 100k, all you're going to get is a runabout. It's no fun.